Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Traveling to Australia ---- any recommendations?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Traveling to Australia ---- any recommendations? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Traveling to Australia ---- any recommendations? - 5/16/2006 3:36:20 PM   
JamesM

quote:

ORIGINAL: tabpub

Ok
Tue 4th-
Sat 8th is in Cairns at the Pacific International. Cairns really has me stumped; there is the railway trip up to the forest or something; or maybe a Reef tour (though would have to be one of those contained subs or something, don't swim or scuba and when I snorkel I wear the biggest preserver I can get.....) or just lounge around the beach/pool....
This is my last stop basically; I fly to Brisbane on the 9th for a flight home on the 10th.

The Kuranda Sky rail and the train is worth a trip. You can go up on one an come down on the other.

Visit the reef from Cairns. The pacif Internation is just about 200 meters from (1/4 mile) from the terminal where all the reef boats depart.

Also the Daintree rain forest is quite beauitful with picture post card beaches.

There is also tours of the Chilligoe caves (~2 1/2 hours west of Cairns).

A number of waterfalls in the hinterland (they will not have much flow as it would the Dry season (I hope)).

The Atherton Tablelands is also an area to visit.

If get board you can just perve on the backpackers at the Lagoon.

(in reply to tabpub)
Post #: 31
RE: Traveling to Australia ---- any recommendations? - 5/17/2006 10:57:57 AM   
Neilster

quote:

The Kuranda Sky rail and the train is worth a trip. You can go up on one an come down on the other.

The cable car is so much better than the train that I'd recommend coming back down on it too. In the cable car you actually pass through the rainforest canopy, which is where all the action is. It's absolutely fantastic. It's a bit gloomy down where the train is and the waterfalls won't be in full cry at that time of year either.

The Undara lava tubes are supposed to be very good but they are 275 km from Cairns. I swam at Crystal Cascades which is a series of waterfalls and swimming holes in the rainforest near Cairns. It's great and has the advantage that crocodiles can't climb waterfalls .

We call female backpackers "Hurgen Flurgens" because their conversations sound a bit like that. Yes...the Hurgen Flurgens in Cairns are very easy on the eye...sigh... Mind you, the rest of Australia is lousy with them too. Yaaay!

The first image is where the roof of one of the lava tubes has collapsed, letting a patch of rainforest develop. The second is of Crystal Cascades and the third is of the Cairns Lagoon, complete with Hurgen Flurgens.

Cheers, Neilster

Attachment (3)

< Message edited by Neilster -- 5/17/2006 11:06:30 AM >

(in reply to JamesM)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Traveling to Australia ---- any recommendations? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI