Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

LCU recover problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> LCU recover problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LCU recover problem - 4/11/2006 11:20:08 PM   
tianfeng

I have started a large offense in China and India, should I increase the armament production? When LCU damaged, do they repair themselves? ( I get a lot of squadrons damaged each turn)
Post #: 1
RE: LCU recover problem - 4/12/2006 1:06:30 AM   
niceguy2005

quote:

ORIGINAL: tianfeng

I have started a large offense in China and India, should I increase the armament production? When LCU damaged, do they repair themselves? ( I get a lot of squadrons damaged each turn)

Can you please be more specific about what exactly you are asking? LCU, if replacements are turned on, will draw from the replacment pool, if they are within supply range (see the manual) of a base with at least 2x the supply levels required.

If an LCU has disabled elements (squads, guns, etc) as denoted by numbers in paranthesis () then they will repair if the unit is fully supplied, however it takes time.

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie

(in reply to tianfeng)
Post #: 2
RE: LCU recover problem - 4/12/2006 1:30:14 AM   
tianfeng

Thanks for the advise. I think I want to know can replacement rate increase if I have more armament in pool. Or if the pool is empty, will the replacement stop?

(in reply to niceguy2005)
Post #: 3
RE: LCU recover problem - 4/12/2006 4:15:25 AM   
tsimmonds

quote:

if the pool is empty, will the replacement stop?

Yes, it will stop.

quote:

can replacement rate increase if I have more armament in pool

No. Replacement rate depends on having lots of supply available at nearby bases, plus a nearby Command HQ owning the bases. Having several bases nearby with plenty of supply may increase replacement rate....

< Message edited by irrelevant -- 4/12/2006 4:17:52 AM >

Fear the kitten!

(in reply to tianfeng)
Post #: 4
RE: LCU recover problem - 4/12/2006 4:57:00 AM   
alfrake

I think you are missing the critical point (sorry if I'm wrong). Most casualties from combat (at least if you are winning) are not killed. They are disabled. You need supplies to fix disabled squads, not replacements. Its an oddity of the system. You need supplies AND replacements to add entirely new stuff to a unit.

In the overall campaign, some people think increasing armaments production is important. But supplies will be your problem early in the game, especially in China.

(in reply to tianfeng)
Post #: 5
RE: LCU recover problem - 4/12/2006 5:33:48 AM   
jolly_pillager

I hope this means that the steamroller is finally running out of gas at the gates of Sian

(in reply to alfrake)
Post #: 6
RE: LCU recover problem - 4/12/2006 5:55:21 AM   
dtravel

quote:

ORIGINAL: jolly_pillager

I hope this means that the steamroller is finally running out of gas at the gates of Sian

That depends. If you ask El Cid he'll tell you that Japan was never in any danger of running out of gas ever.

This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

(in reply to jolly_pillager)
Post #: 7
RE: LCU recover problem - 4/12/2006 9:35:20 PM   
tianfeng

Thanks for all the advises, it's really helpful.

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 8
RE: LCU recover problem - 4/13/2006 1:34:25 AM   
niceguy2005

quote:

ORIGINAL: irrelevant

No. Replacement rate depends on having lots of supply available at nearby bases, plus a nearby Command HQ owning the bases. Having several bases nearby with plenty of supply may increase replacement rate....

Also multiple well supplied bases is optimum. I think this is the way it works: lets say you have a dead squad, not just disabled, then you have a chance based on many different factors, of drawing a replacement squad from each base with more than 2x supply. The higher the level of supply, the better the chance of drawing a replacement.

(in reply to tsimmonds)
Post #: 9
RE: LCU recover problem - 4/13/2006 1:50:38 AM   
dtravel

I know the manual says that a unit will draw replacement LCU elements from multiple bases but I have yet to see any evidence that this actually occurs. When US LCUs in San Francisco only regain one element per day despite there being 500,000 or more supplies in every US West Coast base, I have to think this is yet another place where the manual is wrong.

This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

(in reply to niceguy2005)
Post #: 10
RE: LCU recover problem - 4/13/2006 11:48:40 AM   
Dino

quote:

ORIGINAL: dtravel

I know the manual says that a unit will draw replacement LCU elements from multiple bases but I have yet to see any evidence that this actually occurs. When US LCUs in San Francisco only regain one element per day despite there being 500,000 or more supplies in every US West Coast base, I have to think this is yet another place where the manual is wrong.

You said the "m" word...

I'm almost certain that proximity of the front lines has a significant impact on dice rolls. I have definitely seen units regain more than one element per turn... So, I would say that "m" in this case is not wrong, but vague.

On a sidenote, I have reasons to beleive that there is a similar effect on ship repairs.

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 11
RE: LCU recover problem - 4/13/2006 7:22:12 PM   
niceguy2005

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dino

quote:

ORIGINAL: dtravel

You said the "m" word...

I'm almost certain that proximity of the front lines has a significant impact on dice rolls. I have definitely seen units regain more than one element per turn... So, I would say that "m" in this case is not wrong, but vague.

On a sidenote, I have reasons to beleive that there is a similar effect on ship repairs.

Im with Dino on this. I have seen some US units recover or even build up incredibly slowly. My guess is an average of 1-2 assualt points per week. AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!! In one game Im in May 42 and the 40th USA is still only half strength. ON the other hand, I have seen direct eveidence, mostly in India, that units can rebuild amazingly quickly. I have an Indian Bde at Calclutta with its command HQ that is gaining on average 2.5 assualt points per day...plus guns, support, etc. Of course, supply is so plentiful the troops are tripping over crates of spam.

(in reply to Dino)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> LCU recover problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI