Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 7/21/2000 2:37:00 AM   
Pave

About loading things... Yes, indeed. If I try load a Sherman into a Hippo, it says "not able to load all men..." If I say yes and later unload the Hippo, the Sherman has 28 men crew! Also it is not possible to first load men into a vehicle like a truck and then load that vehicle into a barge. I have to unload the truck first and load them separately into the barge.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 61
- 7/21/2000 3:16:00 AM   
Elvis

<<< Also it is not possible to first load men into a vehicle like a truck and then load that vehicle into a barge. I have to unload the truck first and load them separately into the barge. >>> This bothers me as well. I had a conversation with Wild Bill about this when I was designing a scenario. I believe he said it was because the AI does not know what to do with loaded units or something like that. Wish this was something that could be fixed... ------------------ alea iacta est [email]sooperduk@hotmail.com[/email]

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 62
- 7/21/2000 6:26:00 AM   
Tombstone

It makes sense though. I'm sure the whole loaded unit routine wasn't built to handle loading loaded units. That sounds more complicated than its worth. It's a small price to pay to have to unload units to load them onto barges. It's irritating, but understandable. Tomo

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 63
- 7/21/2000 12:14:00 PM   
Desert Fox

quote:

Originally posted by rexmonday: As an end note, I was amused to see that it is also possible to load a Matador truck onto another Matador truck. Plausible if it is meant to be towed, but I don't know how the flags work for towed/internal carriage...
Well this right here is exactly why you can't load loaded vehicles. Imagine the fun you would have unloading matador after matador after matador after matador. It would look like those old cartoons where the football team all stands on eachother's shoulders, then they all run down the field while the defenders are constantly taking out the bottom guy. It would be interesting though.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 64
- 7/22/2000 5:26:00 PM   
kao16

What I would like to see with v3 is: 1) X-7 ATGW - the SPWW2 treatment can be easily duplicated but does it include the backblast which should make locating the firer easy? 2) The German forts based on tank turrets (Panther turret with an extra few inches of armour welded on top - any other turrets used?) - remember that they were manually powered. 3) OOB editor - add a .csv dump capability (as per SPWW2) so that I can look at how other weapons are treated when making my modifications.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 65
- 7/22/2000 8:02:00 AM   
rexmonday

more loading/unloading malarky: does anyone remember how loading immobilised vehicles worked in SP1/SP2. I am sure I must have tried to do this at some point - probably dragging a knackered Sherman back onto a barge during a D-Day scenario, but I can't be sure. I seem to remember that the Sherman inherited the direction of facing of the landing craft, but I may just be romanticising. As far as the not being able to load loaded vehicles onto other loaders, that always struck me as a reasonable limitation, a limitation, but a reasonable one.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 66
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI