Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question regarding the new indepth almanac

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Question regarding the new indepth almanac Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question regarding the new indepth almanac - 5/15/2006 11:30:23 PM   
OrionX

Shaun, I've been a PS guy for a long timne and your addition of the new BBRef.com style almanac has me jumping. I have one question, however, - how indepth will it be (will it be like Catobase was for OOTPBB (or even like BBRef.com) and how many leaders will be viewable on the leader boards? Will the there be an option to set a number of players one can see on the leader boards? For example, in Catobase you could set it up where you could see 100, 200, 300 or more (or less) on any given leader board for any statistical data for any team, single season or career leaders.

Thanks and thanks for adding the expansion feature. You've outdone yourself here. I just wish you'd start making pro-football text sims with the depth of puresim. You know as well as I do (since I uised your utilities for FBPro) that an American pro-football text sim with the depth and customization features that PSBB2007 has would sky rocket - you know that Shaun & don't give me that, "Matrix already has a football game in it's library" because that won't work on me. :)

Take care Shaun and thanks again for rasing the bar.
Post #: 1
RE: Question regarding the new indepth almanac - 5/16/2006 1:44:18 AM   
OrionX

Is it a secret over here to?

(in reply to OrionX)
Post #: 2
RE: Question regarding the new indepth almanac - 5/16/2006 8:34:38 AM   
OrionX

Heh, I guess I'll never find out because if I can't get an answer after 95 views, not even from a beta tester, I will just have to assume that support for this game will be limited. If I get an answer from anyone else other than Shaun, Matrix or any of the beta testers I can see how interdepartment support may be. I just won't take that risk. I've had nearly every version of PSBB and I used to get answers back pretty quick but since Matrix has been in the mix I can't even get one answered. It's not like I am asking for the source code..........I mean come'on fellas.

(in reply to OrionX)
Post #: 3
RE: Question regarding the new indepth almanac - 5/16/2006 8:41:10 AM   
PadresFan104

quote:

ORIGINAL: OrionX

Shaun, I've been a PS guy for a long timne and your addition of the new BBRef.com style almanac has me jumping. I have one question, however, - how indepth will it be (will it be like Catobase was for OOTPBB (or even like BBRef.com) and how many leaders will be viewable on the leader boards? Will the there be an option to set a number of players one can see on the leader boards? For example, in Catobase you could set it up where you could see 100, 200, 300 or more (or less) on any given leader board for any statistical data for any team, single season or career leaders.

It's not configurable at this time like you are referring to. For details on how indepth it is, just pop over to my website where you can browse an actual almanac from the game.

http://web.mac.com/sixwilsons/iWeb/PureSimAlpha/Puresim.html

Al

(in reply to OrionX)
Post #: 4
RE: Question regarding the new indepth almanac - 5/16/2006 8:43:28 AM   
OrionX

Thank you. Very much.

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 5
RE: Question regarding the new indepth almanac - 5/16/2006 8:50:38 AM   
puresimmer

Sorry O, I thought you had seen the examples posted here.

I'd characterize it as highly functional, but not as intesnse as Cato at this point.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to OrionX)
Post #: 6
RE: Question regarding the new indepth almanac - 5/16/2006 8:56:25 AM   
OrionX

Well, after doing a very quick review it's better than I thoght it would be. Thanks again.

If there is a suggestion I could make to Shaun is this;

*Allow the user to adjust the number of players seen on any given leaderboard. Npw, I wouldn't go as far as having 1000 players to be seen but maybe 350 maximum. The significance in this is that since records are meant to be broken, overtime players will fall out of these leaderboards and players that held records from the early 1900's will eventually not be seen (again, this is taking into consideration any statistical track data on the new almanac). To combat this and allow for century old records to stand it would be in the best interest of the league and user to have records that are that old to still be seen on these leaderboards. This will allow and give the end-user that unmatched feeling of, what I call, longevity in history. Old players from the past will still have the glory to be seen vs modern day stars & icons. Just a thought Shaun.

(in reply to OrionX)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Question regarding the new indepth almanac Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI