Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Profile question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Profile question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Profile question - 5/19/2006 12:04:46 AM   
Deltadog

This was discussed in a thread in the general section, but no answer was given. I assume that no one in the know saw that thread.

My question is, when setting up and offensive profile is it necessary to assign specific plays to each situation.

For example, if the playbook has 10 runs and 10 passes. Toward the end of the game a condition is met that matches a situation described in the profile and a pass is in order. If pass is set at 100% and run at 0%, but no specific pass plays are associated with that profile entry will the cpu select from the 10 pass plays only or will the profile be ignored and a choice made from the 20 total plays?

While it is ideal to associate certain pass plays with the situation, it takes time to do so and if one can limit the choice to just the 10 pass plays that would be nice, as a temporart solution until one can get around to adding pays to the profile.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Profile question - 5/19/2006 12:07:42 AM   
frunky

I'm assuming they need to be specific because the plays aren't categorized.

These socks were made for walkin
So that's just what I'll do
One of these days these socks
Are gonna make you smell like poo

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 2
RE: Profile question - 5/19/2006 1:03:14 AM   
David Winter

Plays are Categorized into Offense, Defense, Punt, Punt Return, Field Goal, FG Return, Kickoff and KO Return. Offensive category plays have a play type of Run or Pass.

To Deltadog's question;

If you create a profile situation that calls for a 100% pass weight and there are no passing plays provided for that situation, the CPU will ignore the situation and select from the 20 available plays. Because the plays are categorized, there is no worry of it calling a punting play on 1st down for example.

Does this answer your question?

(in reply to frunky)
Post #: 3
RE: Profile question - 5/19/2006 1:12:24 AM   
Deltadog

Yes thanks.

I was hoping that it would just choose from the 10 passing plays and ignore all other categories including the running plays, but you have answered my question.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Profile question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI