Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to testers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to testers Page: <<   < prev  12 13 14 15 [16]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to te... - 8/6/2006 11:00:06 AM   
el cid again

The
quote:

ORIGINAL: drw61

Just a couple of small things I've seen for RHSCVO/RHSBBO
Ship slot 4226 is coming up as a Ognyevoi DD, the slot is the header for the PG’s.  (it arrives in Tokyo).
Locations Slot 2839 for the US Army 111th base force has IS-III Heavy Tanks in slot 3 (should be device 403 not 503). 
(I personally think this is a great upgrade but all my other base forces are fighting over them)
      The bit map for the Alaska class BC is set to 205 which is the Omaha class CL picture. The Omaha class uses bit map 204, which is correct.

Thanks for all the hard work you have put into this mod, I'm really enjoying it.

The latter issue is indeed an issue. So it has been fixed. The former one makes no sense to me at all - and might be bad files. This isn't a Soviet ship at all - but a Japanese one - with a different name. OK - got it - and fixed it. It is a label slot - but when you set it to 000 it reverted to class slot 4226. Every time. So I copied a different label - and renamed it PG - and that stays 000.

< Message edited by el cid again -- 8/6/2006 11:08:59 AM >

(in reply to drw61)
Post #: 451
RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to te... - 8/6/2006 4:48:34 PM   
Jo van der Pluym

El Cid

I have find the following errors.

British Indian anzac etc units have in youre scenario's the 45mm AT Gun. Must that not be 2pdr AT Gun.

device slot 517 Overvalwagen has build rate
And if you need device slots under 517. Then have I the following suggestions.

The following device can replace above 517

1. slot 460 355mm CD Gun. No build rate
There is no unit who use this equipment.

2. slot 461 15in CD Gun. No build rate
Only 2402 Singapore Fort use this.

3. slot 462 12in CD Gun. No build rate
Only 2655 US Mills/Hughes/Wint; 2672 HI Seperate CA Brig; 2714 USA San Francisco and 2719 US Army Puget Sound use this.

4. slot 490 Marmon-Hrringtn Tank. No build rate
Only 2458 KNIL Mobiele Einheid has it.

Mayby can you add for these the following device.
- Late War Dutch Rifle Squad
- Early and Lat War Canadian Rifle Squad.

Greetings from the Netherlands

Jo van der Pluym
CrazyDutch

(in reply to el cid again)
Post #: 452
RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to te... - 8/7/2006 12:24:36 AM   
CobraAus

RHS v4.15 for all scenarios + PWHEX file posted on download link page

Cobra Aus

Post #: 453
RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to te... - 8/7/2006 3:01:05 AM   
el cid again

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jo van der Pluym

El Cid

British Indian anzac etc units have in youre scenario's the 45mm AT Gun. Must that not be 2pdr AT Gun.

REPLY: Yes - and I have fixed that - TWICE. I am beginning to wonder if we have a code issue -
some fields CHANGE under hard code control. I will check.
EDIT: Mostly no. But 1st and 2nd Burma Rifles had it - and that is wrong. So sometimes yes. Thanks.

device slot 517 Overvalwagen has build rate

REPLY: Should not. Did in CHS - but it was a fixed buy and I set it to zero - also twice. Ugh.
EDIT: Nope. It is NOT a build rate - it is a pool. And the pool is perfect- the real number - it is in a book
I have - so I used it.

And if you need device slots under 517. Then have I the following suggestions.

The following device can replace above 517

1. slot 460 355mm CD Gun. No build rate
There is no unit who use this equipment.

REPLY: I don't remember. I found many unused devices - and many false devices - and removed them all.
This one probably remains because it IS used somewhere. But maybe it is one that "reappeared" for
some reason. Will look.

2. slot 461 15in CD Gun. No build rate
Only 2402 Singapore Fort use this.

REPLY: Right on all counts. SHOULD be no build rate - none can be made. It is only for the Singapore forts.

3. slot 462 12in CD Gun. No build rate
Only 2655 US Mills/Hughes/Wint; 2672 HI Seperate CA Brig; 2714 USA San Francisco and 2719 US Army Puget Sound use this.

REPLY: Right on all counts. It is an old gun not in production and should not build. But guns in stock can be used as replacements.

4. slot 490 Marmon-Hrringtn Tank. No build rate
Only 2458 KNIL Mobiele Einheid has it.

REPLY: Right - also correct. It is in the game for that reason - and no other - and no one would consider building any by WWII.

Mayby can you add for these the following device.
- Late War Dutch Rifle Squad
- Early and Lat War Canadian Rifle Squad.

REPLY: There is a Dutch Rifle Squad - and a Dutch Marine Squad - and a Canadian Rifle Squad. I think sometimes these will upgrade too - to late British or something like that.

< Message edited by el cid again -- 8/7/2006 3:05:10 AM >

(in reply to Jo van der Pluym)
Post #: 454
RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to te... - 8/7/2006 10:50:11 PM   
Jo van der Pluym

quote:

ORIGINAL: el cid again

quote:

El Cid

REPLY: Yes - and I have fixed that - TWICE. I am beginning to wonder if we have a code issue -
some fields CHANGE under hard code control. I will check.
EDIT: Mostly no. But 1st and 2nd Burma Rifles had it - and that is wrong. So sometimes yes. Thanks.

There are more errors with the Allied AT-weapons.

By locations

1. Some US units has 2pdr AT-Gun. Must be 37mm AT-Gun
2. The 45mm AT-Gun as known by Australian/New Zealand etc. Must be 2pdr AT-Gun

By Devices:

1. The 2pdr AT-Gun upgrade to 57mm M1 AT-Gun Must be 6pdr AT-Gun
2. The 45mm AT-Gun upgrade to 6pdr AT-Gun. Must no upgrade. The 45mm still exist in the 50ties
3. The 37mm M3 AT-Gun does not upgrade. Must be upgrade to 57mm M1 AT-Gun.

< Message edited by Jo van der Pluym -- 8/7/2006 10:51:07 PM >

Jo van der Pluym
CrazyDutch

Post #: 455
RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to te... - 8/7/2006 10:57:53 PM   
Jo van der Pluym

quote:

quote:

El Cid

REPLY: There is a Dutch Rifle Squad - and a Dutch Marine Squad - and a Canadian Rifle Squad. I think sometimes these will upgrade too - to late British or something like that.

I have look. There is no late war Dutch Rifle Squad. And there are no Canadian Squads

Jo van der Pluym
CrazyDutch

Post #: 456
RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to te... - 8/9/2006 1:06:25 PM   
el cid again

quote:

quote:

quote:

El Cid

I have look. There is no late war Dutch Rifle Squad. And there are no Canadian Squads

The Canadian Squads are now Commonwealth Rifle Squads. And there is both a Dutch Rifle Squad and a Dutch Marine Squad - but neither upgrade. I had the impression you liked these squads as well. The Marine squad is a late war organization - so we could make it a late war Dutch Squad - and have the early one upgrade to it. Is that correct in terms of weapons?

Post #: 457
RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to te... - 8/9/2006 3:06:09 PM   
turkey1

EL CID

V4.15 in RHS BBO and RHS CVO ( could be all scenarios)

ALL Jap subs YU series have no torpedo armament just a schnorkel

ALL Jap LSMs have 150 AIRCRAFT capacity ( should be cargo capacity ?)

Jap minelayers MA1 MA2 MA3 MA4 appear twice in the ship availability list]

Thanks

Post #: 458
RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to te... - 8/9/2006 3:09:41 PM   
turkey1

RHS 4.15 all scenarios

Why do CW squads have an anti armour value of 75

Anti armour for late war Anzac and British squads anti armour also 75

These values are higher than US & russian squads . What weapon is generating these high anti armour values ?

(in reply to turkey1)
Post #: 459
RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to te... - 8/9/2006 3:18:38 PM   
turkey1

Cobra
RHS scenarios V 4.15

G4M2m22 Betty ( whatever that is ?) has no plane side graphic.

Thanks

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 460
RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to te... - 8/9/2006 6:08:59 PM   
Jo van der Pluym

quote:

And there is both a Dutch Rifle Squad and a Dutch Marine Squad - but neither upgrade. I had the impression you liked these squads as well. The Marine squad is a late war organization - so we could make it a late war Dutch Squad - and have the early one upgrade to it. Is that correct in terms of weapons?

Sorry to say but there are a early and late war Dutch Marine Squad. The Dutch Marine Squad slot 370 and upgrades to Dutch Marine Squad slot 376. There is only a early War Dutch Rifle Squad.

Jo van der Pluym
CrazyDutch

Post #: 461
RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to te... - 8/9/2006 6:10:15 PM   
Jo van der Pluym

quote:

ORIGINAL: turkey1

RHS 4.15 all scenarios

These values are higher than US & russian squads . What weapon is generating these high anti armour values ?

I think the PIAT.

Jo van der Pluym
CrazyDutch

(in reply to turkey1)
Post #: 462
RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to te... - 8/9/2006 8:18:11 PM   
Mifune

"G4M2m22 Betty has no plane side graphic. " Cid it is pointing to 76 (obviously out of bounds). It should be pointing to 26 (which is the Betty art).

< Message edited by Mifune -- 8/9/2006 8:19:03 PM >

Perennial Remedial Student of the Mike Solli School of Economics. One day I might graduate.

(in reply to turkey1)
Post #: 463
RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to te... - 8/9/2006 10:09:06 PM   
el cid again

Right you are. Might be a typo - I think at one time I actually tried to use slot 76 - and learned it was out of bounds - but apparently didn't move every plane that used it. This will be right in 4.20 - which releases today or tomorrow - and will have the Me-264 as its major change - along with some eratta - mostly from this thread. I am not finding a lot of things to change now - but you guys with your data microscopes! Wow.

(in reply to Mifune)
Post #: 464
RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to te... - 8/9/2006 10:11:41 PM   
el cid again

quote:

quote:

RHS 4.15 all scenarios

I think the PIAT.

I think you are correct. I found a British close in AT weapon widely used by midwar. But I reviewed all AT weapons for all armies - and they are not all of the same family. Early on you mostly have anti-tank rifles - or none at all. Later a wide variety of systems was adopted by different armies. I think the Commonwealth adopted a single weapon - but I am not quite certain this was it: probably.

Post #: 465
RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to te... - 8/9/2006 10:13:26 PM   
el cid again

quote:

quote:

And there is both a Dutch Rifle Squad and a Dutch Marine Squad - but neither upgrade. I had the impression you liked these squads as well. The Marine squad is a late war organization - so we could make it a late war Dutch Squad - and have the early one upgrade to it. Is that correct in terms of weapons?

Well - I think you once wrote that we didn't need a late war Dutch squad - because the units would not survive. Clearly sometimes they do. Should we upgrade the early rifle squad and rename the late war squad to be generic?

Sorry to say but there are a early and late war Dutch Marine Squad. The Dutch Marine Squad slot 370 and upgrades to Dutch Marine Squad slot 376. There is only a early War Dutch Rifle Squad.

Post #: 466
RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to te... - 8/9/2006 10:17:52 PM   
el cid again

quote:

Cobra
RHS scenarios V 4.15

G4M2m22 Betty ( whatever that is ?) has no plane side graphic.

Thanks

This is a major mod of the Betty. Model numbers are two digit - one for airframe - one for engine. This is the second Betty airframe and the second Betty engine combined. It was an attempt to improve the breed - but the improvements (as often happens) increased the weight and decreased the range. There is art - but it is not pointing at it - and this will be fixed in RHS 4.20 - which mostly is eratta and plane oriented. We hope to have new art for an Allied long range recon plane, Me-264, Ki-77, Ki-74, recon versions of Kate and Judy - and a few other things - shortly - for players of RHSEOS - although the Allied recon plane needs to be added to the art for all the other RHS scenarios.

(in reply to turkey1)
Post #: 467
RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to te... - 8/9/2006 10:20:16 PM   
el cid again

quote:

EL CID

V4.15 in RHS BBO and RHS CVO ( could be all scenarios)

ALL Jap subs YU series have no torpedo armament just a schnorkel

REPLY: This is because they are unarmed transport submarines.

ALL Jap LSMs have 150 AIRCRAFT capacity ( should be cargo capacity ?)

REPLY: Yep - it should be cargo capacity - the same field is used - and I hear hard code increased this number - so maybe there is a problem? not sure what to do either - LSMs don't carry planes and don't carry huge cargo's either.

Jap minelayers MA1 MA2 MA3 MA4 appear twice in the ship availability list]

Got some slot numbers???

Thanks

(in reply to turkey1)
Post #: 468
RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to te... - 8/9/2006 11:42:07 PM   
Jo van der Pluym

quote:

Well - I think you once wrote that we didn't need a late war Dutch squad - because the units would not survive. Clearly sometimes they do. Should we upgrade the early rifle squad and rename the late war squad to be generic?

Or use the following slot for it. slot 461 Now 15in CD Gun.
Only 2402 Singapore Fort use this. And place this above 517?

Another proposable is. Delete all light squads and use these for othere devices (Squads)

Examples
Canadian
split ANZAC in Australian and New Zealand
Portuguese
British Airborne

Jo van der Pluym
CrazyDutch

Post #: 469
RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to te... - 8/10/2006 2:07:15 PM   
el cid again

It is unbelievably difficult and dangerous to delete a slot and change its type - something I disregarded the manual about and paid for.

I got a few successes - and mostly went back to stock device slots - for cause.

I am reluctant to tamper with CHS research unless there is a lot of data - and I don't have time to do the Allied land units. I did redo the Philippine Army - I know about it - and I did some Allied coast defenses. Otherwise RHS used research from AK Dreemer to improve US Army units. But Allied units were done several times according to Andrew and Joe - and so except for your (Jo) feedback on the Dutch - I have not changed this. I am not going to get rid of the light squads unless I get a lot of time to study this - or someone else does it for us.

I will, however, immediately tinker with little things - and your feedback on AT guns and squads is a case in point. Many of these suggestions will appear in a day or so - in 4.2 - which otherwise is about planes and eratta.

Post #: 470
RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to te... - 8/11/2006 12:27:12 AM   
Jo van der Pluym

El Cid

The Japanese Raiding and Glider units (slots 1385, 1386, 1387, 1388) have IJA Infantry Squad in place of JAP Parachute Squad like there TOE

The parachute trained NE Korps Insulinde slot 2531 is still not a airborne unit.

Jo van der Pluym
CrazyDutch

Post #: 471
RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to te... - 8/11/2006 1:01:04 AM   
el cid again

The problem of squad type would be hard for players to notice -
because it changes very fast to the parent formation data.
But it appears you are correct in at lease some scenarios - I will check
them all - and all other units (reinforcements) too.

The Dutch paras are impossible to see as such in the editor - but I know how to check them in WITP Excel. There is a hidden field possible to get
in the editor only by copying a unit and then renaming it - you cannot create an airborne unit at all! There may, howver, be a slot issue -
sometimes not everything is soft coded - and you can do it right but it won't work. A control check is to look in the game - is the unit airborne when it appears? Anyway - I cannot tell if this is an issue yet - or what kind if it is - but it is on my list - and this will cost a day in the release of 4.20.

Post #: 472
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 14 15 [16]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to testers Page: <<   < prev  12 13 14 15 [16]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI