Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 6/8/2006 5:08:19 AM   
CobraAus

V2.59.8 minor upgraded posted link below

files deleted link closed obsolete

Cobra Aus

< Message edited by CobraAus -- 6/14/2006 1:13:25 AM >

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 31
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 6/9/2006 9:56:14 AM   
CobraAus

v2.59.9 minor upgrade for CVO-RAO-BBO posted link below

files deleted link closed obsolete

Cobra Aus

< Message edited by CobraAus -- 6/14/2006 1:14:03 AM >

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 32
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 6/9/2006 1:09:20 PM   
el cid again

Anyone can get and use RHS right now. But it is not recommended for more than testing until 2.60 - which addressed about 8800 identifed field issues of various kinds - some going all the way back to stock - and some from CHS - but the majority due to changes in things like ship classes which had to be entered for every last ship using them. Some of these "errors" will remain forever - because they are only errors in the opinion of the program calling them that - and they are intentional - but we had to look at every last case - and a shocking number were at least "wrong" in the sense of "it should not be that way." Many probably would not affect play.

I intend to formally release RHSBBO and its companion RHSRPO - possibly tomarrow. The 2.60 project level release is going to be stable insofar as I won't issue changes rapidly - I wish to find out what things look like after some time (turns) have passed - and I will request two human games (one on each side) so I can monitor this under other than AI vs AI conditions - in addition to relying on other's reports. Meanwhile, I will do the political point option and then the empire of the sun (sort of a combination of the best of all worlds from a Japanese point of view - with three objectives:

1) Give JFBs some fun;
2) Make AI a better opponent as Japan;
3) Provide those seeking "play balance" something other than "Japan is never going to win unless you are a genius or your opponent is really dumb like the AI" that, like it or not, historical scenarios give you.

The release depends on how fast I can get all those merchant ships (and minor patrol vessels) fields fixed. That is a function of my fingers and work - but the worst case is Tuesday; best case Friday; best guess Saturday. There will be no more updates until then. Unless you count a pwhex revision.

< Message edited by el cid again -- 6/9/2006 1:12:04 PM >

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 33
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 6/14/2006 1:21:23 AM   
CobraAus

ok busy morning

V3.00 RHS CVO RAO BBO first release of RPO + v3.00 PWHEX.dat and new side ship art for class IJN Irako Ak bitmap 108 included in download

link 1 normal update of dat files + PWHEX and ship art for those who have already have the scenario's

http://rapidshare.de/files/22991823/RHSCVO-RAO-BBO-RPO_v3.00_major.zip.html

link2 Full Set downloads of the 4 released scenarios for those who have never download RHS

http://rapidshare.de/files/22992798/RHS_v3.00_full_set_of_Scenarios.zip.html

Cobra Aus

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 34
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 6/16/2006 4:07:26 AM   
CobraAus

v3.01 medium upgrade for CVO and the first release of PPO
(Note the BBO scenaroo text files are used at the moment as Sid has not sent out PPO txt file set yet)
changes
Fixes many command relatoinships - including things from CHS like the Indian National Army in the wrong command - and tihngs self inflicted - like NZAF under Indian Command (because change back to stock slots for command units). And minor technical things. Japanese AT guns won't upgrade. Long Beach added.

Sid

Link below

http://rapidshare.de/files/23172117/RHSCVO-PPO_v3.01_medium.zip.html

Cobra Aus

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 35
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 6/16/2006 8:39:55 AM   
Monter_Trismegistos

What is Long Beach? USN CGN?

Nec Temere Nec Timide
Bez strachu ale z rozwagą

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 36
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 6/16/2006 8:43:43 AM   
CobraAus

V3.01 medium update for BBO-RAO-RPO posted
changes are as above

link

http://rapidshare.de/files/23183419/RHSBBO-RAO-RPO_v3.01_medium.zip.html

Cobra Aus

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 37
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 6/16/2006 11:42:45 AM   
herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: CobraAus

V3.01 medium update for BBO-RAO-RPO posted
changes are as above

link

http://rapidshare.de/files/23183419/RHSBBO-RAO-RPO_v3.01_medium.zip.html

Cobra Aus

Just grabbed it. Does this clean up the Cabot in Panama and the problems noted in "RHS (CVO) 3.0 Kafkaesque Inconsistencies"?

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 38
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 6/16/2006 2:18:42 PM   
CobraAus

quote:

Just grabbed it. Does this clean up the Cabot in Panama and the problems noted in "RHS (CVO) 3.0 Kafkaesque Inconsistencies"?

I believe most of them are in this release, a couple left over will come out to-morrow

Cobra Aus

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 39
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 6/17/2006 4:58:25 AM   
CobraAus

V3.11 medium upgrade for all RHS scenarious linl below

changes
Addresses a few minor issues:

USS Cabot appearing where it should have a different name as a CL (in BBO, RPO and PPO)

tweeks to devices - dates and upgrade paths - to minimize "instant upgrades"

correction of the OS2 Kingfisher issue in some scenarios (where the birds seem to have migrated and got lost)

and moving those Russian civilians back to Sakhalin Island (the same ones IRL asked Japan to join it a few years ago!)

Probably other little things I am forgetting, but not much. Oh - moving a town on Borneo to better match the art!

Sid

http://rapidshare.de/files/23275425/RHS_v3.11_medium_for_all_scenario_s.zip.html

Cobra Aus

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 40
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 6/17/2006 10:43:34 AM   
herwin

quote:

changes

USS Cabot appearing where it should have a different name as a CL (in BBO, RPO and PPO)

correction of the OS2 Kingfisher issue in some scenarios (where the birds seem to have migrated and got lost)

and moving those Russian civilians back to Sakhalin Island (the same ones IRL asked Japan to join it a few years ago!)

Probably other little things I am forgetting, but not much. Oh - moving a town on Borneo to better match the art!

Sid

http://rapidshare.de/files/23275425/RHS_v3.11_medium_for_all_scenario_s.zip.html

Cobra Aus

Thanks, but I keep getting download session invalid. I checked out the possible reasons listed, and none seem to apply. I'll try it from another connection.

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 41
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 6/17/2006 11:56:43 AM   
CobraAus

quote:

Thanks, but I keep getting download session invalid. I checked out the possible reasons listed, and none seem to apply. I'll try it from another connection.

just checked it seems ok for download to me

Cobra Aus

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 42
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 6/17/2006 12:04:49 PM   
herwin

quote:

changes

Sid

Cobra Aus

OK, the problem appears to be at rapidshare. I've tried three machines, four web browsers, two operating systems, and two ISPs. I get download session invalid with a number of possible reasons. Any idea why they might be blocking downloads?

Harry Erwin

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 43
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 6/17/2006 2:25:36 PM   
Iron Duke

Hi

' Invalid session ' Been getting the same for over a week !

"Bombers outpacing fighters - you've got to bloody well laugh!" Australian Buffalo pilot - Singapore

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 44
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 6/17/2006 2:45:43 PM   
herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iron Duke

Hi

You're from the UK? Would you by chance have btinternet as your ISP?

I suspect rapidshare blocks all accesses from btinternet customers. I'll try it from my office.

Harry Erwin

(in reply to Iron Duke)
Post #: 45
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 6/17/2006 3:09:50 PM   
herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iron Duke

Hi

You're from the UK? Would you by chance have btinternet as your ISP?

I suspect rapidshare blocks all accesses from btinternet customers. I'll try it from my office.

It works fine from my office. That implies RapidShare is blocking all btinternet.com customers,

Harry Erwin

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 46
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 6/17/2006 3:49:37 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Dixie has the same problem. And apparently s/he is posting from the UK as well. So, the germans don't like the british?

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 47
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 6/17/2006 11:06:54 PM   
herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

Dixie has the same problem. And apparently s/he is posting from the UK as well. So, the germans don't like the british?

It's more like btinternet runs a proxy server to keep the load down and allow Malvern to monitor who's reading what websites and RapidShare throws up on proxy servers.

Harry Erwin

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 48
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 6/18/2006 12:50:07 AM   
CobraAus

bear with me guys and gals I found out about this problem last nigh t I looking for a new sevice this morning

Cobra Aus

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 49
RE: Cobra Aus RHS Download Files link page - 6/18/2006 3:09:20 AM   
CobraAus

A double test
V3.2 test files for CVO-RAO

changes
Same comments - in this case Russia is active - although what that means is different than you think. In principle it only means the Japanese will have no garrison requirement. What it means in practice is whatever you think it means enough to honor it. Note that Allied ships CAN refuel in Russian ports - and since they always could have done - I have no clue what it was a "problem" that needed "fixing"????Please test this scenario - or RHSRAO - to see how you like the behavior of the Russians. You may do anything you would normally do. I want to know of any sort of issue you have - economic - military - you name it.

Sid

Link to new download file provider (this is a Test run for those who cant get files from Rapidshare-let me know if any problems)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=76M320PG

Cobra Aus

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 50
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 6/18/2006 6:05:17 PM   
Iron Duke

Hi,

Yes Btinternet

Just tried the test download CobraAus has set up , it appears to work fine

cheers CobraAus

"Bombers outpacing fighters - you've got to bloody well laugh!" Australian Buffalo pilot - Singapore

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 51
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 6/18/2006 11:21:06 PM   
CobraAus

v3.3 CVO posted for downloading

changes
This version is actually 3.13 renamed, except all Soviet ships (not just submarines) are 9999ed out. It is very Scenario 15 or CHS like: The Russians are passive - and if active they have no ships. [There IS still a Navy - it has air groups and port forces - and these latter have devices simulating short range PT boats and submarines]. It does NOT address the problems with Japan can transfer out air units from the North - or that only Japan may start a war with Russia - or that the Allies must sit still and watch whatever Japan does near the border of Russia. It has no known technical issue which is not addressed - although information theory says there must be some.
Sid

download link

http://storeandserve.com/download/290059/RHSCVO_v3.3_for_release_S060.zip.html

Cobra Aus

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 52
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 6/19/2006 1:20:31 AM   
Ol_Dog

I had no trouble with megadownload, but can't download from storeandserve - at least for first two attempts.

Common Sense is an uncommon virtue.
If you think you have everything under control, you don't fully understand the situation.

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 53
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 6/19/2006 2:06:50 AM   
CobraAus

quote:

I had no trouble with megadownload, but can't download from storeandserve - at least for first two attempts.

what error message if any - megadownload was not coming back with download links this morning
we cant win

Cobra Aus

(in reply to Ol_Dog)
Post #: 54
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 6/19/2006 4:19:17 AM   
Herrbear

FYI --

I registered for the Basic Account with storeandserve and had no problem downloading the file.

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 55
RE: Cobra Aus RHS Download Files link page - 6/19/2006 5:02:47 AM   
el cid again

Note that both versions of RHSRAO issued for testing of Russian ship refueling failed to refuel ships. The first didn't have the ports converted (and also failed to have the right air group conversion - to insure cooperation with converted land and naval units). The second ALMOST worked - it tried! But while the option to refuel existed, and although it expended ops points in the action, no fuel loaded. I have just got around this issue - and will shortly issue all scenarios with the Russians active with working ships. The passive scenarios (RHSCVO and RHSRPO) will NOT have ANY Russian ships - and will also not have the conversion of locations, land units, air groups and commands that are required to make this problem go away. The Russian active scenarios won't have a garrison requirement - they don't in any case in anybody's scenario - and the Russian passive scenarios WILL retain it in its original form. But the Russian active scenarios use real life like simulation of the garrison requirement - you better have enough to fight because you might have to fight! If the risk of this changes over time - well it did change over time - no problem there.

FYI the buggers messed with the Soviet Command - so any base assigned to it would not refuel - even a base that didn't exist in stock!

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 56
RE: Cobra Aus RHS Download Files link page - 6/19/2006 7:14:55 AM   
CobraAus

V3.3 for RHS RAO + Location dat file for CVO in this set and you will see I am testing file download providers to see which one is the most reliable
changes

RPO
Like RHSCVO, this file has all Soviet ships 9999ed out. Also, it is mature, and should be suitable for long term play. Only eratta are likely to be changed any time soon. In the longer term, economic problems may be detected - but it will take time to demonstrate if that is the case? This is essentially RHSBBO in a Russian Passive form, with no Soviet ships (but the Soviet Naval Air Force and base forces still exist and function - both of which may be worth more than the ships are).

Sid

Link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/r5ka4i

Cobra Aus

(in reply to el cid again)
Post #: 57
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 6/19/2006 3:14:30 PM   
CobraAus

v3.31 for all scenarios posted for download

link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3bnzw8

Cobra Aus

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 58
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 6/20/2006 3:46:52 AM   
CobraAus

V3.32 micro upgrade for all scenarios posted

changes
Many eratta - mainly discovered doing RHSESO - and changes of opinion about what is best simulation in all files. Nothing critical but new games should use these files. Several missing Japanese ships will now appear - due to incorrect fields in the sunk date location.
Sid
Link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/03luxp

Cobra Aus

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 59
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 6/20/2006 5:37:22 AM   
CobraAus

V3.33 PWHEX.dat file posted

Link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vv294y

cobra aus

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI