Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Has something changed in starting pitchers endurance?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Has something changed in starting pitchers endurance? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Has something changed in starting pitchers endurance? - 5/25/2006 3:28:32 AM   
jono

Puresim 2007 ver 1.0.
I just started a 2006 season fictional players with the first game on 31 March and was looking for a starter for the 2 April game and noticed that my starter on 31 March was now feeling great on one days rest even though he had thrown 82 pitches with an endurance rating of 75. In Puresim 2005 your starter had to have 4 days rest before he felt great again. Has something changed?
I checked my 16 team leagues 31 March starters with their condition prior to 2 April's games and their endurance rating and number of pitches thrown and here are the results.

Baltimore Feeling Great 74, 77
Syracuse Feeling Great 75, 82
Philadelphia Good 97, 81
San Diego Good 88, 87
Denver Good 86, 90
Sacramento Good 92, 90
Spokane Good 80, 91
Washington Good 77, 94
Seattle Good 85, 101
San Francisco Fair 83, 107
New York Good 74, 110
Los Angeles Fair 97, 112
Boston Good 85, 121
Portland Fair 82, 121
Charlotte Good 80, 125
Tampa Bay Starter injured after 9 pitches N/A

< Message edited by jono -- 5/25/2006 3:31:41 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Has something changed in starting pitchers endurance? - 5/30/2006 8:53:52 AM   
jono

Update                                                                                                     Puresim 2007 ver 1.10
After each team played games on 5 straight days coming in to the sixth straight day 2 teams have 4 starters in their rotation Feeling Great while the other 14 teams have 3 starters feeling great.
After 26 games played with 4 off days there are 6 starters tied for most game started with 8 and 24 others have 7 games started.
Think I'll go back to Puresim 2005 for a while.

(in reply to jono)
Post #: 2
RE: Has something changed in starting pitchers endurance? - 5/30/2006 7:20:03 PM   
CBeasley37

Hey jono,

I was having the same problem with my fictional league.
I fixed the problem by changing the pitchers recovery rating in the XML file.
This is what I changed mine to.
Hope this helps.

<RECOVERY_PITCHER Recovery_Starter="51" Recovery_Reliever="37" />

(in reply to jono)
Post #: 3
RE: Has something changed in starting pitchers endurance? - 5/31/2006 5:35:36 AM   
jono

Thanks.  Now all I have to do is figure out what an XML file is and how to get to it.  I went to high school in the 60's before personal computers were around and my expertise in programming and the like is nil so anything that requires changing files is kind of a mystery to me.  Is there some kind of tutorial on it in game?

(in reply to CBeasley37)
Post #: 4
RE: Has something changed in starting pitchers endurance? - 5/31/2006 7:54:38 PM   
CBeasley37

I'll try to walk you through it step by step.

Click on the Windows start button and select my computer.
I'll assume that Puresim is installed on your (C:) drive. Click on Local Disk (C:)
Then click on the Matrix games folder,and the Puresim 2007 folder.
You should now see a folder named xml. Open that folder.
Double click on the puresim xml document file.
Once that is open, right click on the screen and select view source.
Scroll about a quarter of the way down and you should see a xml line that reads
<RECOVERY_PITCHER Recovery_Starter="81" Recovery_Reliever="67" />
I lowered both of these numbers by 30 points, but you can try your own numbers.
Now click on file in the upper left corner of the notepad, and then save.
Close both screens and your done.

You will have to do this every time you install a new patch as the patch changes the xml back to the way it was.

Hope this helped
Chris

(in reply to jono)
Post #: 5
RE: Has something changed in starting pitchers endurance? - 5/31/2006 8:57:41 PM   
jono

Thank you Chris.  I changed the numbers but won't be playing till much later and I'll let you know how it came out.
John

(in reply to CBeasley37)
Post #: 6
RE: Has something changed in starting pitchers endurance? - 5/31/2006 11:12:30 PM   
Pronk

Thanks for the step by step.  

(in reply to jono)
Post #: 7
RE: Has something changed in starting pitchers endurance? - 6/3/2006 6:16:46 AM   
jono

Chris, to make a very long story somewhat shorter I set up a Quick Start League to test numbers before I tried them in my main league and quickly found out that the numbers that worked in my test leagues, and I tried many test leagues, didn't work in my main league and vice versa, It was like I was playing a totally different game every time I switched back and forth.  So finally I set the numbers back to the default ones and quick simmed a week in my good league figuring I would delete it and start again when they didn't work. They seem to work as they're supposed to now so I'll try managing 5 games to see if they still work.  I have no idea why they now seem to work.
John

(in reply to Pronk)
Post #: 8
RE: Has something changed in starting pitchers endurance? - 6/3/2006 6:59:23 AM   
jono

It might have something to do with managing games.  I managed 1 game had an off day and now 4 of my starters are feeling great and the one that pitched 2 days ago is feeling good.  Going to try and manage one of my quick start leagues and see if it screws it up too.

(in reply to jono)
Post #: 9
RE: Has something changed in starting pitchers endurance? - 6/3/2006 7:15:23 AM   
CBeasley37

Thats very odd. I manage each one of my games and the only way I could prevent over usage of starters and relivers was to lower those numbers alot.
I'll setup a new fictional league tomorrow and try just simming the games to see if it happens to me to.

Thanks for the update

(in reply to jono)
Post #: 10
RE: Has something changed in starting pitchers endurance? - 6/3/2006 8:11:33 AM   
jono

I think I'll just put this league aside for a bit and start another.  I just managed a game in one of my quick start leagues and everything worked fine for it.  Something must be corrupted in my league.  I started it as a 4 division, 4 teams per division league in Puresim 2007 v1.0 and judging by the thread we might be the only 2 seeing it.

(in reply to CBeasley37)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Has something changed in starting pitchers endurance? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI