Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Looking for feedbak on next update

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> RE: Looking for feedbak on next update Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 5/28/2006 5:33:22 AM   
motnahp

I mentioned this in another thread, but it really belongs here. I would like to see an option to set the percentage of starts that each starting pitcher gets for a team's season.

This would enhance the realism for all ages, from the 2-3 man "rotations" of the early 20th century, to the 5-man rotations of today's game.

This percentage could be via user-input on the team home page, or through some sort of interface with the Lahman dB.

I would also like to see the closer role become optional.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 31
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 5/28/2006 9:22:23 AM   
PadresFan104

1) Allow the Options Window (Options/Complete/Park Info) in the Gamecast screen to be accessed from the current menu at the bottom of the screen. It just gets in the way of the cool photos we are using now, and it would be SO NICE to be able to get rid of it when designing new .PRK files. (This was at the bottom of my list, but I moved it to the top as it would really improve the look of the game, IMO)

2) Tighter Financials when starting as association. It's too easy to buy all the talent you need, like I found out in my Pirates Association

3) Make sure that runners are scoring from second when they should.

4) Fix the issue (if you haven't done so already) where hits still show up in red boxes in the Gamecast.

5) I don't think that PBP really needs to be expanded since we have the animation, but I would really like to push for RARE PLAYS.

Al

(in reply to motnahp)
Post #: 32
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 5/28/2006 12:08:27 PM   
redeck

anyone who read my posts about rickey hendersons stealing exploits in anouther thread heres an update, hes stolen home about 20 times now in 1987, about 35 in his 5 year career thus far. (i am instructing him to steal home from the bench of course during in game play) been caught stealing home not once. the percentages of a player beeing able to steal home should be far less then 3rd, and even less still than 2nd.

perhaps there could be a patch for something like that in your next update shawn?

thanks,
Dave

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 33
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 5/28/2006 12:15:57 PM   
verizon32

Would like to see the computer teams use the manager/gm tendencies.

As of now, all the computer teams use the same default ones and never change it.

(in reply to redeck)
Post #: 34
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 5/28/2006 12:57:14 PM   
motnahp

Here's one that shouldn't be that tough to do (for a programmer supreme, not for myself). During AutoPlay or simming though a certain date, I would like to shrink the white box that informs us when the scouts are evaulating the teams or that a PSPN issue is generating.

This box, while nice and certainly functional, takes up waaaaaay too much of the screen, blocking the view of the standings. I would prefer being able to see the standings change with each passing day. Could we shrink and/or move the box to another part of the screen? Even better would be to make it an option on the same page where we choose to be notified in the case of a no-hitter.

Suck-up time.

Shaun, thanx for your ongoing efforts to make a GREAT product even better!

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 35
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 5/28/2006 1:22:58 PM   
redeck

i would ythink you could shrink it yourself in the images folder of puresim2007 file.

i have never shrunk the box but i have changed the pictures in it for my skins. its fun having Ty Cobb or al Kaline pop up between functions of the game.

i will try shrinking it and see what happens and let you know!

thanks,
Dave

(in reply to motnahp)
Post #: 36
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 5/28/2006 1:27:14 PM   
redeck

yes you can shrink this pic, open PS2007 through your programs folder the open HTML then open the images folder there. the file is named busybg. you can change the size or substitute anouther picture as you like.

thanks,
Dave

(in reply to redeck)
Post #: 37
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 5/28/2006 3:19:30 PM   
VanScoy

I love this version, first of all. I would like to see some better A/I lineup logic. Lahman imported 2005 Giants always bat Barry Bonds 9th versus Left handers. I know it looks at his 2005 stats and he played very little but his ratings are huge (100 power).

A great additon would be more immersion on the GM side with Emails from players, scouts and other GMS a la OOTP. I would like to know that Josh Beckett is "unhappy" with his playing time, etc. ALSO, since someone mentioned APBA, I was always a big fan of the "itchy" player status, that occurs when you do not use a player for a long period of time. His ratings could either go up or down due to this. So it was incentive to use everyone on the roster at least from time to time.

(in reply to redeck)
Post #: 38
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 5/28/2006 4:03:47 PM   
gipat

Shaun
Very happy with game.some suggestions:
1.improved baserunning logic;runners advancing two bases on hits more often, etc.
2.automatically go to team screen after pinch hitting for pitcher.
3.easier method to make double switch for pitcher.

(in reply to orton1227)
Post #: 39
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 5/28/2006 4:08:51 PM   
captskillet

Here's one we need in the game...........the ability to Sac Bunt w/runners at 1st & 3rd esp. when the next batter up is the pitcher (in my old BBW game when you hit SacB in this situation a pop up would ask... hold runner at 3rd or Suicide Squeeze?)

quote:

5) I don't think that PBP really needs to be expanded since we have the animation, but I would really like to push for RARE PLAYS.

I second that one too!

quote:

1. Tinker with base running logic on base hits. It seems conservative. Maybe more options to advance.

I hate to keep bringing up BBW Shaun but a system like in use there (and you also use but it seems on a very limited basis) on all base advancement where the game asks the manager/base coach if he wants to tag up or not and conversely asks the defense if they want try and throw him out............more dynamic decisions on base advancement!

OBTW........A great game Shaun!!!!!

< Message edited by captskillet -- 5/28/2006 4:20:13 PM >

"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 40
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 5/28/2006 4:36:33 PM   
cdvalenta

I also would like to create/ use manager profiles. How cool would it be to manage a game against Earl Weaver, Whitey Herzog, Tony LaRussa, or any of the other greats? Would be a great feature to have, especially for those that love to manage each game.

(in reply to leegra)
Post #: 41
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 5/28/2006 5:02:42 PM   
orton1227

DRAG AND DROP implemented into the game. That would be huge. That's one reason OOTP2k6 and previous versions are so easy to navigate in the interface. DRAG & DROP!!!!!!

(in reply to cdvalenta)
Post #: 42
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 5/28/2006 6:03:29 PM   
puresimmer

WOW!

Lots of feedback. PureSim must be gaining some momentum, because it would have taken weeks to get this much feedback if I posted a similar question in the "old days."

Overwhelming, but exciting!

Keep it coming.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to orton1227)
Post #: 43
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 5/29/2006 3:50:51 AM   
jono

My biggest gripe is that every error is only a one base advancement. You can have the bases loaded two outs, 3-2 count, runners running on the pitch, error on the center fielder and the runner who was on second stops at third for some reason so that only 1 run scores. There's no throwing errors where the base runners might advance another base or 2 and the first baseman never drops a throw as the ball has to be hit to him for him to make an error.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 44
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 5/29/2006 4:01:50 AM   
henry296

Shaun,

1. I'd like to see the injury lengths more varied, as I've mentioned in other threads. I think the # of careeer enders is ok, but the length of in season injuries is too short. For example, I've yet to see a Hideki Matsui length injury.

2. Starting financials. Perhaps an option for more realistic market size differential. With only a 10% difference between top and bottom teams it doesn't matter. Also, starting with $230 MM with 100% setting doesn't seem logical.

3. I haven't played many games, but I agree with the base runners advancing. Perhaps some more play by play that helps us understand why one a single to right the runner doesn't advance. For example, ball is blooped into right field, the second baseman just misses it. Then you get 1st and 2nd.

4. Minor: Fixing 2005 imports since that probably is one of the most common starting years and top prospects are poorly rated.

5. Better roster screen. Customizable information on expanded roster view. Include minor leaguers on that screen.

6. Multi-player trades.

(in reply to jono)
Post #: 45
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 5/29/2006 5:13:19 AM   
renojedi

I saw someone asked you to look into expansion so let add to that:

1. Ability to expand BEFORE the next season
2. Ability to control an expansion team and do the expansion draft yourself
3. Better league flexibility (my choice would be at the higher end--let me expand the current MLB by TWO teams--mine and another team for parity).

Also:

1. Make the teams warm up pitchers to make that part of the strategy.
2. Allow for relocation of teams to include changing divisions along with name, city, region, etc.

(in reply to motnahp)
Post #: 46
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 5/29/2006 6:20:31 PM   
Sonny

quote:

ORIGINAL: jono

My biggest gripe is that every error is only a one base advancement. You can have the bases loaded two outs, 3-2 count, runners running on the pitch, error on the center fielder and the runner who was on second stops at third for some reason so that only 1 run scores. There's no throwing errors where the base runners might advance another base or 2 and the first baseman never drops a throw as the ball has to be hit to him for him to make an error.

I mentioned this (ad nauseum) in the previous version of the game and Shaun said he would look into it. Guess he was too busy adding on neat stuff to get the basics right.

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to jono)
Post #: 47
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 5/30/2006 2:12:01 AM   
modred

The "Custom Filters" window has a button for position players and another for pitchers, I would love to see it remember the settings of the scouing criteria seperately for pitchers and position players.

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 48
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 5/30/2006 3:59:50 AM   
dickysty

I 'm really enjoying 07, it's getting to be a great game. A few things that I would like to see and some that I'm sure have been said.

Under the statistics and Reports area a Team Fielding report would be awesome. One area that I feel PS needs more attention to is fielding , defensive reports.

I would love to see some type of split screen to compare players. Kind of like FM, maybe not as elaborate but a better way to judge talent .

I still feel that a players range and hands should be able to increase, not just decrease during a career. It just seems strange that a player can't get better at both of these attributes.

On the player card I always tend to lose where I 'm looking on the stats sheet when scrolling down the page. I'm no computer guy but maybe a floating bar that has the headings list.

More play by play commentary and or editable would be tight.

I love the new ball flight, how about more variation and defensive ball flights. It would be great to see a strike to home plate to nail a runner. Maybe a long throw from deep in the hole at short?

More infrequent plays like throwing to the wrong cut off man, missing the bag when rounding second, throwing the ball in the stands when theres just two outs. Pulling a bartman, the list goes on and on.

Single game records and single team records.

All-star game records and W-L ALL-Star records.

Having stats split between leagues. American and National, what ever.
More notable game achievements on the player cards.

Thats's it for now. PS has come a long way and it just keep getting better! Love it!

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 49
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 5/30/2006 9:09:13 AM   
motnahp

One thing that you might consider as an option, but no biggie.  Whenever a pitcher is disabled/demoted, then returns to the major league roster, his "player usage" settings disappear and must be manually reset.  I don't know if this also happens with position players, but I suspect that it does.

As it stands now, every time a pitcher is disabled or demoted, I have to keep a close eye on the rotation to see if AI has slipped in a starter with 20-something or 30-something endurance with the "Never skip this pitcher" default in effect.  If he was in the rotation previously with "Skip frequently" or "Skip rarely" chosen, I would hope to keep him that way.

I hope this hasn't been too wordy or confusing, as it is the middle of the night (work night for me) and my brain is .

< Message edited by motnahp -- 5/30/2006 10:49:44 AM >

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 50
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 5/31/2006 3:19:41 AM   
modred

It would be nice if double clicking on a player's name always brought up the player card.

(in reply to motnahp)
Post #: 51
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 5/31/2006 3:57:33 AM   
SittingDuck

Shaun (this is PhilK here), I am still debating on buying 2007, which would be my third purchase of Puresim.  I have the demo and I see two (make it three) things here that are consistent from Ye Olde Daze.  So I'll thrown them back out to you.

1) Injury length/severity - there's a thread and we talked about this years ago. EDIT: Amarog just pointed out some new parameters you have installed for injury severity, so I am going to tweak them to see if the capacity is there to create the desired injury severities - let's hold on this.

2) Bell curve adjustment for statistical superstar seasons (hard to word)
We also talked about this via email and what I am discussing here is the potential for a guy to have a mega-stat season.  For example, massive strikeout total, homerun total, or stolen base total.  As it has been for some time, the bell curve is keeping everything within a certain range and the league averages and ranges are SUPERB.  However, there is still not the ability or likelihood that a player will have a monster year and race away from the pack.  No George Fosters, Kevin Whatsisface, Nolan Ryans, etc.  Basically players need to be able to have a career year, and some guys with incredible ratings need to be able to light the record book on fire.

How you do that, I am not sure.  I think to make the record books authentic (for fictional leagues, and I still say that is the best stuff), I think there needs to be this ability.  Admittedly, it is hard and if  you want me to consider some ways for this to occur, just let me know.

3) A minor thing for stats, but I'd like to see some hitters who produce more walks that strikeouts.  I know that is rare now, but it wasn't so long ago.  One thing I liked about Ripken was his eye and discipline at the plate.  Just an example.

OK, you can PM me if you want to talk some.  Hope the family is doing great.  How many children are you up to now?!!!?

< Message edited by SittingDuck -- 5/31/2006 4:24:12 AM >

(in reply to modred)
Post #: 52
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 5/31/2006 7:24:59 AM   
spartacus007

quote:

ORIGINAL: PadresFan104

1) Allow the Options Window (Options/Complete/Park Info) in the Gamecast screen to be accessed from the current menu at the bottom of the screen. It just gets in the way of the cool photos we are using now, and it would be SO NICE to be able to get rid of it when designing new .PRK files. (This was at the bottom of my list, but I moved it to the top as it would really improve the look of the game, IMO)

I agree. I usually move it right underneath the PBP box, with some tricky mouse manuvers with 'Configure PSPNCast.'

2) I agree that the expansion feature should be 'expanded.' I'd really love some way to edit the regions beforehand in an .xml file. There's that issue where when you rename a region it still keeps the same state abbreviation.

and of course, 3) an All-Star game. I've never understood the point of having All-Star teams when there is no All-Star game.

Amazing game, btw, I've been getting a lot less sleep since I bought 2007

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 53
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 5/31/2006 12:25:19 PM   
motnahp

Along those lines, I'd love to be able to get from a player's file in the almanac to his "card" in the association with one click. 

(in reply to modred)
Post #: 54
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 5/31/2006 8:04:13 PM   
CBeasley37

Hey Shaun,

One small request.
I'd like to have a add-in for the top 25 pitching prospects.
I always enjoy looking at the top 25 hitting prospects to see where my guys are.

Thanks for such an addicting game!

(in reply to motnahp)
Post #: 55
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 5/31/2006 9:38:09 PM   
Pronk

Sometimes I find myself in a situation late in the game where my pitcher comes to bat and I have to decide whether to pinch hit for him or not. The problem is that many times I forget to pay attention to what his pitch count was before my team came to bat.  So, I am forced to guess whether to leave him in or not. I would like to be able to click somewhere to see the pitcher's fatigue status or pitch count when my team is at bat.

Also, I would like to see a little more detail next to the player's in game stats.  Seeing that he is (2 for 4) is great, but I also want to see which player hit the double or triple earlier in the game. 

Thanks

One more thing.  I would like to see what my team's current record is against other teams.  So for example, late in the season I want to know how games my Cleveland Indians have won/lost against division rival Chisox.

< Message edited by Pronk -- 5/31/2006 9:42:13 PM >

(in reply to CBeasley37)
Post #: 56
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 6/1/2006 12:05:32 AM   
DandricSturm

I see the off season has been addressed in patch 1.12 but I'd like to see it shortened more if possible?  Is it necessary to rebuild tha almanac as part of the off season?  Thats taking a long time too.

"The Guns, Thank God, The Guns..." - Rudyard Kipling
http://www.bluemax-ara-assoc.com/

(in reply to Pronk)
Post #: 57
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 6/1/2006 4:06:21 AM   
jono

Pronk.  To check your pitchers pitch count while you're at bat just hit lineup and your pitchers pitch count should be displayed under his name on the graphical representation of the ball field that comes up with your defensive positioning.

(in reply to DandricSturm)
Post #: 58
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 6/1/2006 4:31:11 AM   
Amaroq

quote:

Sometimes I find myself in a situation late in the game where my pitcher comes to bat and I have to decide whether to pinch hit for him or not. The problem is that many times I forget to pay attention to what his pitch count was before my team came to bat.  So, I am forced to guess whether to leave him in or not. I would like to be able to click somewhere to see the pitcher's fatigue status or pitch count when my team is at bat.

jono's given you the solution I'm using personally - "L" to bring up the lineup. The Lineup Card screen tells me his current pitch count. Then just click "OK" if I'm happy with his current pitch count and want to let him bat.

Your request does echo an enhancement request I made in the beta development forum. I'd like to see the pitch count visible as part of the pitcher's "Info" when he comes to the plate. I'd also like to see the catcher's "Arm" displayed in the PSPNCast - maybe only when there's a runner on - so you can see "Smith (79)" on first base, and gauge whether you think he should run against "Johnson (42)" or not.

(in reply to Pronk)
Post #: 59
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 6/1/2006 10:00:00 AM   
Pronk

I can't believe I never noticed the pitch count there before .  Thanks Jono and Amaroq for the info..

< Message edited by Pronk -- 6/1/2006 10:22:47 AM >

(in reply to jono)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> RE: Looking for feedbak on next update Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI