Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

i'm thinking about buying this game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> i'm thinking about buying this game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
i'm thinking about buying this game - 5/30/2006 4:44:11 PM   
tsp813

for my dad for Fathers Day.

My dad does not have the patience nor coordination to play the baseball video games that are out there today.  Years ago, he played MicroLeague Baseball religiously.  He has tried some other management baseball games in the past, but has found them to be too complicated and not really what he wanted.

In MicroLeague, my dad used to customize leagues and take control of all of the teams.  He would just pick one team to control each game.  There was no worry about finances or ticket prices or any of the other 'extra' stuff that is thrown into games.

I am left with a couple of questions.  First, I am under the impression from browsing this forum that it is possible to take control of all teams in a league.  However, the only way to actually play as one team is to set the other team to CPU before the game, and then set them back to Human after the game.  I think he would be fine with this.  But, is it mandatory that the player worry about off the field issues such as salaries, trades, etc?  Can all of this be set to 'auto' or maybe even turned off permanantely?

I also wonder about how much control a manager has during the game.  With MicroLeague you controlled the lineup, pinch hitters, pinch runners, etc.  When pitching you could pitch normally, pitch aggressively, pitch around, walk, etc.  This is what he liked.  So I wonder, is it more detailed than that (if yes, how so?), less detailed or similar?

I plan to try out the demo to answer some of the questions myself, but won't be able to until I get home from work.  I was hoping I could get some general feedback from all of you now.

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: i'm thinking about buying this game - 5/30/2006 5:04:11 PM   
Beach23BoyP

quote:

ORIGINAL: tsp813

My dad does not have the patience nor coordination to play the baseball video games that are out there today.  Years ago, he played MicroLeague Baseball religiously.  He has tried some other management baseball games in the past, but has found them to be too complicated and not really what he wanted.

In MicroLeague, my dad used to customize leagues and take control of all of the teams.  He would just pick one team to control each game.  There was no worry about finances or ticket prices or any of the other 'extra' stuff that is thrown into games.

I am left with a couple of questions.  First, I am under the impression from browsing this forum that it is possible to take control of all teams in a league.  However, the only way to actually play as one team is to set the other team to CPU before the game, and then set them back to Human after the game.  I think he would be fine with this.  But, is it mandatory that the player worry about off the field issues such as salaries, trades, etc?  Can all of this be set to 'auto' or maybe even turned off permanantely?

I also wonder about how much control a manager has during the game.  With MicroLeague you controlled the lineup, pinch hitters, pinch runners, etc.  When pitching you could pitch normally, pitch aggressively, pitch around, walk, etc.  This is what he liked.  So I wonder, is it more detailed than that (if yes, how so?), less detailed or similar?

I plan to try out the demo to answer some of the questions myself, but won't be able to until I get home from work.  I was hoping I could get some general feedback from all of you now.

Thanks!

I can't play video games either.  They bore me after 5 minutes and I hate those silly controllers.  I played Microleague (I knew Barry the guy who started it) and I enjoyed it immensely.  If your Dad loved Mircoleague, he will probably like PureSim quite a bit.  Can't understand why he wouldn't.  Install it for him and get him a ready template -- he can then jump right in.

(in reply to tsp813)
Post #: 2
RE: i'm thinking about buying this game - 5/30/2006 5:14:28 PM   
JudgeDredd

Well I would recommend this game to anyone, baseball lover or not. I'm having a blast with it.

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to Beach23BoyP)
Post #: 3
RE: i'm thinking about buying this game - 5/30/2006 5:19:34 PM   
jacmar

I played Microleague, as well as numerous other games from that era. Puresim7 would be a good choice. It even resembles Microleague with the animated ball movement. There will be some updates to the program soon that will make the game more accurate, which will probably please your dad. I would reccommend it.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 4
RE: i'm thinking about buying this game - 5/30/2006 5:20:04 PM   
buccofan

tsp813

This is a baseball fan's true game.  It's the best one that's been out there ever.  He'll love it.

(in reply to tsp813)
Post #: 5
RE: i'm thinking about buying this game - 5/30/2006 5:36:55 PM   
tsp813

Thanks everyone.

I have another question (and I hope it doesn't make me sound too sketchy).  IF I do get this game, will it be possible for me to purchase it via direct download and install it on my computer, play with it to figure it out, then transfer the game to my dads PC 200 miles away?  I figure I can burn the download file to cd and bring it to his house and use some kind of verification code.  I'll probably visit my father on Fathers Day and will want to show him all the features he may be interested in, but it will be great to have used the program already myself.

If not I guess I can order the hard copy.

(in reply to buccofan)
Post #: 6
RE: i'm thinking about buying this game - 5/30/2006 5:57:03 PM   
JudgeDredd

As far as I am aware, Matrix policy is you can run a game on any PC (transfer it to any PC) as long as it is uninstalled on the previous machine...i.e. One install...ANYWHERE. Also, yes, you are allowed to burn the DD to disk

Again, that's as far as I know regarding Matrix policy on they're games and, specifically, DD.

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to tsp813)
Post #: 7
RE: i'm thinking about buying this game - 5/30/2006 6:34:08 PM   
Erik Rutins

We are fine with you using it on two different computers, but you must be the user and you can't use both at once.  In this case, you can certainly show it to your Dad, but if he wants to continue to play it he'll need to get his own copy.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 8
RE: i'm thinking about buying this game - 5/30/2006 6:39:59 PM   
tsp813

Cool.  Sounds fair to me.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 9
RE: i'm thinking about buying this game - 5/30/2006 10:54:31 PM   
DandricSturm

quote:

ORIGINAL: tsp813

There was no worry about finances or ticket prices or any of the other 'extra' stuff that is thrown into games.

...is it mandatory that the player worry about off the field issues such as salaries, trades, etc?  Can all of this be set to 'auto' or maybe even turned off permanantely?

Thanks!

Finances may be turned off and ignored.

"The Guns, Thank God, The Guns..." - Rudyard Kipling
http://www.bluemax-ara-assoc.com/

(in reply to tsp813)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> i'm thinking about buying this game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI