Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: OOTP Madness vs. PS2007 fun

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> RE: OOTP Madness vs. PS2007 fun Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: OOTP Madness vs. PS2007 fun - 6/2/2006 10:00:11 PM   
Amaroq

Temple -

I know that's coming as a huge shock to all of the OOTP fans, and that people tend to resist change... but FM'06 feels to me like the best game this genre (sports management in general) has ever offered; I'm not convinced that the morphing you describe a bad thing - once the loyal fans get used to the new interface.

(in reply to Temple)
Post #: 31
RE: OOTP Madness vs. PS2007 fun - 6/3/2006 3:43:19 AM   
Beach23BoyP

I play FM2006.  I watch the English Premier League constantly.  I absolutely love English football (soccer).  I never (or rarely) watch MLB.  I fall asleep by the second inning, and every night it is either the Yanks or the Red Sox on ESPN.  Same old stuff. (However, we got Clemens!)

OOTP2006 is not the game FM2006 is.  I'm sorry, but that is true.  Again, PS2007 delivers what I want.  IMO, Shaun just needs to work on a few things (Which he always does!).

Finally, I know Markus -- and he will someday have all the bugs fixed in OOTP2006.  However, it just feels like more like "work" to me than fun.  But there is a butt for every seat.  Mine is sitting on PS2007.

< Message edited by Beach23BoyP -- 6/3/2006 6:57:05 AM >

(in reply to Amaroq)
Post #: 32
RE: OOTP Madness vs. PS2007 fun - 6/3/2006 6:42:25 AM   
zowee77

I think I agree with this assesment with one added comment. I think that both of these games are really for two different kind of players and have been for sometime. I think now it is more evident than it was in the past due to the complexity of the recent version of OOTP. I feel Shaun has done an excellent job with Puresim just like he did back when he made utilities for BBPRO. I am actually amazed really that these two games continually get compared to one another. I think in time their will be a greater divide between the two and that will be a good thing IMHO. By the way I like both games. If I had a specific reccommendation though I would recomend Puresim over OOTP.

(in reply to Beach23BoyP)
Post #: 33
RE: OOTP Madness vs. PS2007 fun - 6/3/2006 7:07:41 AM   
KG Erwin

Look, this thread is accomplishing nothing. Shaun's too nice to close up a thread, but this one needs to be locked. Let's move on.

(in reply to Amaroq)
Post #: 34
RE: OOTP Madness vs. PS2007 fun - 6/3/2006 1:47:31 PM   
captskillet

there are times when I feel like a good ole dose of a WITP scale BB game so its OOTP 2006, when I'm not in a detail mode and just want to crank out a few games in my All-Star Lg without having to micro manage (but still with plenty of detail) its PS 2007..........as said before there's room for both on hard drives!

"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

(in reply to Beach23BoyP)
Post #: 35
RE: OOTP Madness vs. PS2007 fun - 6/3/2006 10:32:02 PM   
SlapBone

quote:

ORIGINAL: captskillet

there are times when I feel like a good ole dose of a WITP scale BB game so its OOTP 2006, when I'm not in a detail mode and just want to crank out a few games in my All-Star Lg without having to micro manage (but still with plenty of detail) its PS 2007..........as said before there's room for both on hard drives!

I use OOTP 2006 to run my high-detail high-maintenance MLB league with fictional players. I use PS 2007 to run my low-maintenance (sim while I watch TV) fictional Texas league.

(in reply to captskillet)
Post #: 36
RE: OOTP Madness vs. PS2007 fun - 6/4/2006 5:13:05 PM   
Steely Glint

Nice to see so many old friends posting in this thread.

“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.

(in reply to SlapBone)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> RE: OOTP Madness vs. PS2007 fun Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI