Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Historical Expansion

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Historical Expansion Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Historical Expansion - 6/4/2006 11:44:18 AM   
gibby290

Hello all,

I am running a historical replay league. I wanted to sim from 1901 to 1975ish, only stopping to change city names and stadiums at the appropriate years. My question is, if I let the game 'expand' by itself, will it add the correct cities in the correct years? I.E. in 1961 will it add LA and Wash?

Thanks!

There are 10 types of people in the world; those who think in binary and those who don't
Post #: 1
RE: Historical Expansion - 6/4/2006 2:27:50 PM   
redeck

no, i believe it will add fictional team names and cities, which you can ten edit yourself to whatever you like.

thanks,
Dave

(in reply to gibby290)
Post #: 2
RE: Historical Expansion - 6/4/2006 5:51:32 PM   
gibby290

But, will it add them in the appropriate year? I.E. 1961?

There are 10 types of people in the world; those who think in binary and those who don't

(in reply to redeck)
Post #: 3
RE: Historical Expansion - 6/4/2006 7:08:43 PM   
tbear2b

no, not to that either, at least at this point. You will have to make sure to expand on the correct years, with the correct teams, in the correct cities.

(in reply to gibby290)
Post #: 4
RE: Historical Expansion - 6/4/2006 9:57:37 PM   
gibby290

So, is the best strategy to fast sim until beginning of 1961, sim that season in normal sim mode, add the teams after the world series?

Antoher question...I have checked the box to allow expansion in the options, when and how do I actually add teams?

(in reply to tbear2b)
Post #: 5
RE: Historical Expansion - 6/4/2006 10:14:08 PM   
henry296

Before each season you wil be prompted if you want to expand. After that I don't know since I haven't expanded yet.

(in reply to gibby290)
Post #: 6
RE: Historical Expansion - 6/4/2006 10:17:43 PM   
tbear2b

After the free agent period, you will prompted to expand the association.

If you choose yes (and you can cancel out of it even after that point) you will be taken to a screen where you can add the new teams. You will first have to choose what expansion route you want to take (as in how many new teams and in what formation) The expansion allows you to name and locate each new team, as well as move around already existing teams.

This, for instance, would allow you to, in a fictional association, add four new teams, and then create entirely new divisions based upon geography when the old divisions would have been skewed otherwise.

Then you finalize your expansion and have the expansion draft and another free agent signing period.

(in reply to henry296)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Historical Expansion Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI