Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Demo has no button to begin

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Demo has no button to begin Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Demo has no button to begin - 6/11/2006 3:09:31 PM   
rasnell

I'm in the create a new game screen and choose to play historical with 1975 season, which it says the demo allows. There is no button to confirm or exit out and nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong? If there is a continue or next button, it's not on my screen. Installation problem?

None of the other selections work either, such as using the template, trying fictional, going with the default. There seems to be a continue button missing from the create game screen in the demo.

< Message edited by rasnell -- 6/11/2006 4:41:57 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Demo has no button to begin - 6/11/2006 10:59:47 PM   
DonBraswell

Is your screen set to 1024 x 768?

(in reply to rasnell)
Post #: 2
RE: Demo has no button to begin - 6/12/2006 3:10:32 AM   
rasnell

Yes. Set at 1024x768. Also tried the options of disable display mode and that didn't work either.

I was able to tab twice to the hidden spot that must be the continue button and then hit enter. This got me to the game, but the fonts carry across the margins and the scoreboard isn't right.

Something is definitely wrong with the display. No problems on any other games or programs. Using an ATI Radeon 9550 videocard and my directx is up to date.

(in reply to DonBraswell)
Post #: 3
RE: Demo has no button to begin - 6/14/2006 2:35:31 AM   
rasnell

No answer in two days. If I can't play the demo, I'm assuming the full version of the game won't work either.

I'll keep checking. Would like to order, but I can't figure out the display bug in the demo.

(in reply to rasnell)
Post #: 4
RE: Demo has no button to begin - 6/14/2006 2:54:50 AM   
PadresFan104

Sorry for the lack of support. Us players do the best we can... Does your screen not look like the followign screenshot? Does it have the cancel button but no continue? Have you tried re-installing?

Al

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rasnell)
Post #: 5
RE: Demo has no button to begin - 6/14/2006 4:19:23 AM   
rasnell

Yes. I reinstalled. My screen does not display the cancel and continue buttons and cuts off below the ratings. I was able to tab twice to get to the hidden continue button. But, when I get to the game, the fields in the screens overlap.

For example, my scoreboard shows 9 innings of scores, but I'm assuming the scoreboard also shows the total runs, hits and errors in the game. It doesn't show on my game.

Something is out of whack with the display and I have never seen a problem like this with anything I've ever run.

I've got current directx and ati radeon 9550 card.

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 6
RE: Demo has no button to begin - 6/14/2006 4:26:39 AM   
rasnell

I'll try to upload a screenshot if I can figure out how on this site:

(in reply to rasnell)
Post #: 7
RE: Demo has no button to begin - 6/14/2006 12:02:31 PM   
modred

I seem to recall one of Shaun's stock things to try is to check that your dpi is set to the standard value.

(in reply to rasnell)
Post #: 8
RE: Demo has no button to begin - 6/15/2006 3:34:18 AM   
rasnell

Thank you, Modred. Somebody finally figured it out. That was the problem, the dpi settings. I don't know how they ever got switched and all other games and applications apparently rescaled or had no issues.

Problem solved.

(in reply to modred)
Post #: 9
RE: Demo has no button to begin - 6/16/2006 1:41:34 PM   
rasnell

One more adjustment in my settings was necessary to get the in-game screens to display correctly. I had to go into Internet Options while in IE 6 and change the advanced settings to allow web fonts to display without being overridden. I forget the exact name of the menu setting, but I had to change some display options in IE to get the game to display correctly.

(in reply to rasnell)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Demo has no button to begin Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI