Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Conquest of the Aegean >> RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 10/26/2006 8:21:32 PM   
gblaba

(1) Through the Matrix Games Website.

(2) Interest in the Period and specific campaign coupled with the description of the unique (in my experience up to now at least) game system and the great AAR's. The AAR's in particualr tipped the balance for me and will be the first place I look at when buying future games.

(3) I hadn't looked at them before. 

(4) No.

(5) Mostly historically based with a particular emphasis on strategic or grand strategic. This was a shot in the dark for me, I had not considered the more operational level games before, but the uniqueness of the subject matter really grabbed me. Having now played CotA for a couple of weeks now, I'm seriously hooked on the levels of realism provided in game play and will buy other games based on the same engine.

(6) No.

(in reply to Sturmovik)
Post #: 61
RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 10/27/2006 4:35:52 AM   
keystone

Just happened across Matrix games this year and purchased HTTR, had to get COTA when it was released. I have always been an Airborne fan, grew up with all the boardgames (Assualt on Crete, Storm over Arnhem etc..). I think this revolutionizes gaming, anyone who plays hex combat games will find these much more manageable, not a clickfest. And btw when does Battle of the Bulge come out?

(in reply to Greup)
Post #: 62
RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 10/27/2006 7:29:19 AM   
Arjuna

Re BFTB. The DDT members are beavering away. They have highlighted a few things they want done and I've been busy with the patches for COTA. Paul is still finishing off the forceGroup overhaul. So at this rate BFTB won't be ready for Xmas as hoped. All I can say is that we're working hard.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to keystone)
Post #: 63
RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 10/27/2006 7:02:38 PM   
Howard Mitchell

I came across HTTR on the Matrix website, where I was browsing the Uncommon Valor forums. In the dim and distant past I have played SPI's HTTR boardgame briefly and also Victory Game's Hells Highway, as well at Close Combat 2 on the PC, so the background intrigued me. What made me think it was worth buying was browsing the forums and seeing developers like Arjuna posting here (always a good sign), and screen shots of maps, etc.

I picked up COTA when it came out becuase I had enjoyed HTTR so much. I would probably have done so no matter what its subject matter was, though I am very glad it covers such a neglected theatre. Again, I found screen shots of the maps most interesting, but full-blown AARs less so - I enjoy playing the game myself rather than reading about someone else doing so, and any AARs based on a development version are likely to be misleading to some extent anyway.

I will almost certainly pick up the next games in the series, providing they keep to the same high standards. BftB I expect to be good, but I am really looking forward to the Western Desert.

While the battles the British fight may differ in the widest possible ways, they invariably have two common characteristics – they are always fought uphill and always at the junction of two or more map sheets.

General Sir William Slim

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 64
RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 10/28/2006 2:01:13 AM   
jadam12

Hi there, just bought COTA and found this thread, and thought I might answer these questions to help:

1: Originally I was looking for a grand strategy game on the site of Matrix Games and checked all the games 1 by 1. Then found COTA.

2: Originally I wasnt a fond of operational/tactical style games, but wanted to try one out. I've read a couple of AARs and some reviews about it then made my decision, and I'm happy with it.

3: Because I recently found Matrix Games, and I didnt even know about those games.

4: No, because of the reason I told in (3).

5: I like advanced style strategic games (the greater scope, the better) and I'm now getting used to and learn operational style games. I'm not a big FPS fan, though I own some of them (mainly ww2 theme ones). I also played several (MMO)RPGs.

6: No, the same reason as in answer (3,4).

Hope it helps,
Jadam

(in reply to Greup)
Post #: 65
RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 12/22/2006 3:08:37 PM   
mordrynge

(1) How did you become aware of COTA?

Already had purchased HTTR.

(2) What led to your decision to purchase COTA?

I liked the look of the new supply and terrain restriction improvements. Makes a big difference over HTTR I think.

(3) Why hadn't you previously purchased RDOA or HTTR?

Hadn’t come across RDOA before the release of HTTR. There still aren’t many reviews of these games on major sites. Took a lot of googling to find HTTR – initially I was sceptical that such an obscure title might be any good.

(4) Prior to the purchase did you try the old RDOA demo that can still be found on the Net for download?

Wasn’t aware of it.

(5) How would you characterize your PC gaming interests?

I enjoy playing war games in conjunction with reading about the related campaigns. In this respect I really prefer games at more strategic level than HTTR/COTA (or would do if there were any good ones). I understand though why larger scenarios are not currently feasible with the engine.

Used to play old style RPGs, Wizardry etc, but not really interested in recent offerings (Doom in fancy dress). BG 2 is most recent RPG that was good. Have tried MMORPGS (yawn).

(6) Prior to your purchase had you previously purchased other Matrix Games offerings?

No, but have other war games dating back to DOS days. I now have several Matrix games including WITP and TOAW. WITP though has much too much micromanagement for my taste and a dismal user interface. What’s good about TOAW is the huge range of scenarios at variable scales, but is a bit too much like a game of chess with undifferentiated pieces. Unlike AA, both these games are full of magic numbers which make them very hard to get to grips with.

M

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 66
RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 12/22/2006 6:10:32 PM   
hank

I don't have CotA.  I do have HttR.  AND ... I will buy BFtB.  (count on that)
... so I'm addressing the second set of questions.

IMHO AAR's are excellent tools for generating interest in a war game but they must have good screenshots that show maps and all the various user interfaces (dialog boxes, menus, etc.)

... and a downloadable PDF would be wonderful !!

Multi-media video's of how-to's would be nice also but would too much "pro" level marketing tools be cost prohibited?  (that's a inquisitive question because I don't know how Matrix markets except for this website and forums)

Is it against policy or contract to sell Panther games in the same manner as Blizzard or UbiSoft via our wonderful superstores like Wal Mart or Target.   Having games in nice boxes with vivid graphics sitting on a rack where lots of people walk by will nearly always catch the eye of potential buyers.
Not many people in the general public really know about Matrix (I don't think ... thats just an assumption).

This could be one way to get more exposure to a wider customer base ... like one guy mentioned above.

I know for me, I'm always picking up new games off the WallyWorld shelves and read up on the game features and look at the screen pics and stuff.

Just a few thoughts.

< Message edited by hank -- 12/22/2006 6:20:36 PM >

(in reply to Greup)
Post #: 67
RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 12/22/2006 8:11:34 PM   
Sunrise

Hi, hope my answers aren't too late. Though I assume that any kind of marketing data is helpful!

Wargamer.com :-)

The review and aar posted on Wargamer. The specific features that appealed to me were the lack of micromanagement and the focus on real operational command decisiions.

Was new to operational games and was comitted to PzC games at that time. I only later became fed up with the lack of a good AI opponent and overwhelmed by the micromanaging of hundreds upon hundreds of units.

(4) Prior to the purchase did you try the old RDOA demo that can still be found on the Net for download?
I tried it out when HTTR came out. Didn't really give it much thought at the time. Didn't devote the time to fully evaluate the game

Wargames almost exclusively.

(6) Prior to your purchase had you previously purchased other Matrix Games offerings?
I've purchased BoA and WitP.

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 68
RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 12/22/2006 9:19:14 PM   
MarkShot

Hank,

BTW, the Mini-Guides (which include an AAR) ARE available via PDF download {althought, the COTA one is somewhat out of date}.

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)

(in reply to Sunrise)
Post #: 69
RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 12/23/2006 1:34:21 AM   
Arjuna

Hank,

quote:

Multi-media video's of how-to's would be nice also but would too much "pro" level marketing tools be cost prohibited?  (that's a inquisitive question because I don't know how Matrix markets except for this website and forums)

Have you seen the 5 Minute Guide movie? Check it out here:
http://cota.matrixgames.com/downloads/

Re Retail distribution. We used to but in 2003 the big retail chains turned their backs on niche PC titles. They were all going over to consoles and decided to only stock a dozen or so of the AAA titles that sold big volumes. The only way to get your niche product carried is to pay them to stock it or to wait forever to get paid. The total sales volume for wargames is just too small for retail nowdays.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 70
RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 2/20/2007 7:29:00 PM   
kilowatts

First-time customer...

1) I became aware of CotA through a posting on the War in the Pacific forum in which the poster stated the CotA AI was the best he had ever seen in a computer wargame.

2) I do believe that the no-hex, real-time pausable format is the future for computer wargames. I tried a couple in the past but they were disasters. The forum post made me take a look at CotA and it was it that point I discovered that Panther had made the concept work.

I elected CotA over HttR because I am very familiar with the Market Garden operation and I've played countless board games on the subject. The Greek operations scared the heck out of me since I know next to nothing about it.

3) Up until a year ago I wasn't really looking for another computer wargame. I purchased WitP at the time because of the subject matter, but didn't really look around too much - so missed HttR/CotA.

4) Yes, I tried the RDoA demo and I was sold inside 5 minutes.

5) I have a very eclectic taste in computer games: FPS (Halo), Flight Simulation (IL2), Grand Strategy (WitP), Operational (Talonsoft). But not much tactical since the turn-based IGOUGO doesn't make much sense at this level. I'll play one game exclusively for 3-6 months then switch to a different genre. I buy 2-3 games per year, at most.

6) Yes I did purchase WitP, and I looked at Korsun. Matrix games was a big, but not overwhelming, factor in my purchase decision.

Opinion: The RDoA demo is a BIG draw, I was debating CotA/HttR vs Battles in Italy and the demo was what won me over. The AAR is very informative but could definitely do with some polishing. The 5 minute demo video was cool, but there's no subsitute for getting a mouse in someone's hand and letting them click away.

I'll probably buy both BftB and HttR later.

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 71
RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 2/20/2007 10:13:41 PM   
MarkShot

Kilowatts,

Thanks for your feedback.

It's interesting about the demo. Past analysis by PG showed that is had a negative impact on game promotion. Perhaps what we are seeing here is that discerning customers really are impacted by having a demo to try, but the unwashed masses who will click on any free download are not sold by a demo.

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)

(in reply to kilowatts)
Post #: 72
RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 2/21/2007 11:10:29 AM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: MarkShot
It's interesting about the demo. Past analysis by PG showed that is had a negative impact on game promotion. Perhaps what we are seeing here is that discerning customers really are impacted by having a demo to try, but the unwashed masses who will click on any free download are not sold by a demo.

It might also have been a case of being too far ahead of your time. Back in the RDOA days the entire Panther Games engine concept was unheard off, strange, unfamiliar. But times have changed somewhat and Joe Wargamer might now be more ready for it than he was back then.

Just my 2 eurocents.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 73
RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 2/24/2007 5:03:02 AM   
ironbar61

1. Upcoming releases on the Matrix web site, I was looking at Battles In Italy, which I didn't buy!
2. Interesting setting, I had always been fascinated by the German attack on Crete.
3. Avoided HTTR as I was kind of burned out on Market Garden- was absolutely hooked on the film, "A Bridge Too Far" when it was first released in theaters as a kid. Read everything I could about the campaign, but never cared to wargame it. Also figured that COTA would far outstrip HTTR, leaving it dated.
4. Tried the RDOA demo, liked the way it looked- didn't care for the way it played. However, someone on the BFC forum posted that the demo was way behind the curve even for HTTR.
5. Military, mostly tactical, CMAK/BB, ATF, but I really enjoy the Company/ Battalion level, some Panzer Campaigns, (Bulge 44).
6. Never bought from Matrix, looked a lot never bought.

As for the second part of the question; What closed the deal for me was the downloadable guide, the maps were stunning- coupled with the what I heard about the RDOA demo, (that the gameplay was vastly superior to what was presented in the demo)
I was sold.
  I don't think a 'slick' commercial is necessary, just the straightforward 'this is what our game is about' approach works with the people who are likely to buy your product.
  Made the decision to buy about two weeks before it was released, bought on the second day I think.
  After playing for about a week, decided I needed to buy BftB just as soon as it is released.

< Message edited by ironbar61 -- 2/24/2007 5:07:50 PM >

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 74
RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 2/25/2007 1:10:08 PM   
Renato

Seeing that this thread is still alive, I add some thoughts of mine, for what they are worth.

quote:

Would a more polished AAR have been more effective at promoting the game?

The beauty of your past AARs, MarkShot, is that they give the
perspective view of a player and the stream of conciousness and the lack of a professional marketing brochure style are their peculiar charm. The game features are very well pointed out with reference to the actual action of the replay and make up a more interesting and agreeable reading. Let the publisher public relation department write what they like: they fulfill other aims and give other perspectives which may all the same be useful. I don't see a competition here.
Of course, a downloadable PDF would be welcome.

I remember an excellent presentation of the Airborne Assault system you wrote after RDOA, and I am sure it was available in the early days of the HTTR forum near to a list of improvements written by Arjuna, but I cannot find it any more.

That presentation was very well written and very informative and I was immediately hooked. It might be still valid for BFTB adding some reference to the hugely improved AI (a sledgehammer on the attack when clearly superior in force, and very flexible and responsive at the strategic level). I don't think somebody other could do much better in conveying the concepts that make this system unique.

quote:

Another thing we have discussed in terms of promoting products is the use of 3-5 minute multi-media tutorials illustrating some of the basic aspects of the game: giving orders, micro/macro-managing, following the action, ... What do you think of that idea?

Multi-media tutorials might be nice but I wouldn't expect too much from them. They could be an alternative to a demo if you don't trust in it, but as far as I am concerned, I found the RDOA demo very good.

I understand that you are making a soul-serching analysis to find out why the COTA success was inferior to your expectations (at least in sales, but it was very well received in the reviews).

I think Airborne Assault is and will remain a system addressed to a niche market. Most players like to control everything and there is nothing inherently bad in this: it is simply their way to play. I still remember the glassy look of the clerk of the shop where I bought HTTR (a nice youngster not at all dumb) when I told him HTTR was the best wargame he sold that year. As you well know, even TC2M seems to suffer the same inconvenience in spite of the beautiful graphics (even if this last system, while very good, is not yet as polished as AA, especially in the UI and the strategic AI, which are still rudimental). It is simply not possible to please everybody.

On the positive side, AA is an addictive system for those who like it, and many of us will buy the next releases automatically without a second thought. Yes, I know somebody will absolutally need the campaign, the mines, the desert, the steppes, or whatever else. I too would like them. But most will buy them with or without the campaign, with or without the mines, and so on; and they will do it knowing that the first ones to love this system are the developers and the beta testers and that they will do their best to continually improve it.

Anyway, I'm not a marketing expert and might be totally wrong.

Take care.

< Message edited by Renato -- 2/26/2007 4:58:42 PM >

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 75
RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 2/25/2007 6:41:24 PM   
MarkShot

Guys,

Thanks for taking the time to write. I know that Dave does follow this thread carefully as we are always looking for new ways to get more people interested in the series; both traditional hex/turn wargamers and others looking for unique strategy gaming offerings. So, all your thoughts and suggestions do get reviewed and discussed by the team.

Thanks.

(I would write more, but I woke up under the weather this morning ... have taken various things ... and will be getting back into bed ... sending my wife out to the pharmacy for me before a Winter storm hits and challenges her limited driving skills.)

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)

(in reply to Renato)
Post #: 76
RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 2/25/2007 7:55:08 PM   
bilbow

I bought the game 2 weeks ago as a change of pace from WITP/UV where the bulk of my wargaming time has been spent since their release. I am an incurable micromanager and, currently, have 5 PBEMs of WITP going.

I picked COTA to try because of its reviews and its very different approach. I have been wargaming since the 60s and have played them all, tending largely towards operational/strategic level games. My last change of pace was Korsun Pocket which was too similar to all the old board games to really capture my attention.

After working through the tutorials and the smaller scenarios (in between WITP turns), I have to say I'm stunned with how good this system really is, and I've just started to explore it. I suppose my long-term interest will depend on how well I can control my tendancy to micromanage everything, but I expect I will buy the Bulge game and perhaps HTTR also.

Splendid game, thanks.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile- hoping it will eat him last
- Winston Churchill

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 77
RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 2/26/2007 1:48:01 AM   
Arjuna

bilbow,

Welcome.

That's very encouraging feedback. We obviously need to win over guys like you. Not to supplant their love for traditional turn based wargames but to expand their interests to include our offerings. I note you said you picked COTA because of the reviews and its very different approach. You are obviously willing to explore alternative game systems. Many other are reluctant. Do you have any suggestions for how we can overcome their reluctance?

< Message edited by Arjuna -- 2/26/2007 2:01:50 AM >

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to bilbow)
Post #: 78
RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 2/26/2007 1:50:14 AM   
Arjuna

Renato,

Welcome.

Do you think a COTA demo, with say the tutorials and manuals would help others to take the plunge?

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 79
RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 2/26/2007 2:49:02 AM   
Nemo69

All right, here goes my 0.02 € bit:

Internet forums, namely the coming-soon section on the Matrix boards.

• The discussions in the war-historical usenet group (I'm lurking there on a daily basis) about the different ways to manage time in wargames (turn-based / real-time, IGOUGO/WEGO etc.) I began in wargaming with the V-for-Victory series of games and I always longed for something that would depart from the IGOUGO model while retaining an operational scale.
  • Word of mouth from fellow TOAWers was what tipped the balance into actually buying it (I'd decided on it months ago).
  • Lastly, the 5 minute video (who speaks btw?), as a last validation check of sorts, minutes before buying and downloading the game.

Probably because Joe Wargamer wasn't ready then
More seriously, RDOA passed largely under my radar cover, probably because I mistook it for some Commando game of sorts (all right, shoot me now). I was aware of HTTR and the claims regarding its revolutionary model but I was just too busy with TOAW at the time to give it the attention I now know it deserved.

No - didn't even know there was a demo of it.

TOAW, CotA, WitP. My main interest lies in the operational level - not fond of strategic wargames and wary of tactical ones.
I never played boardgames, so even though I live with TOAW, hexes and turns never were the compulsory background for wargames to me (fact is I play with the hexgrids always turned off).

See above

Fais ce que dois

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 80
RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 2/26/2007 2:55:48 AM   
MarkShot

The 5 Minute Video was completely Eddy's idea and production.

We had kicked around the idea of doing videos both as a way to promote the game and perhaps as a replacement or enhancement to the usual tutorials which are included with the game.

< Message edited by MarkShot -- 2/26/2007 3:09:49 AM >

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)

(in reply to Nemo69)
Post #: 81
RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 2/26/2007 9:36:47 AM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemo69
  • The discussions in the war-historical usenet group (I'm lurking there on a daily basis) about the different ways to manage time in wargames (turn-based / real-time, IGOUGO/WEGO etc.)

• Ha, another lurker's cover gets blown

quote:

• Lastly, the 5 minute video (who speaks btw?)

• I did, Germanic accent and all

quote:

Probably because Joe Wargamer wasn't ready then

He, that's my line !

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to Nemo69)
    Post #: 82
    RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 2/26/2007 9:40:42 AM   
    sterckxe

quote:

The 5 Minute Video was completely Eddy's idea and production.

Arjuna did the directing and script, camera & sound are from me

[ok, the above line did get influenced by the recent Academy Awards ]

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to MarkShot)
    Post #: 83
    RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 2/26/2007 9:44:11 AM   
    Arjuna

Nemo69,

Thanks for that and welcome.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
    www.panthergames.com

(in reply to sterckxe)
    Post #: 84
    RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 2/26/2007 4:47:09 PM   
    Renato

quote:

Do you think a COTA demo, with say the tutorials and manuals would help others to take the plunge?

Arjuna,

What I can tell you, is my personal experience.

Recently, I bought 2 games (Microsoft Flight Simulator X, Europa Universalis III) without seeing the demos, but I already knew the preceding games. I certainly have no need of a demo for BFTB.

The RDOA demo (which in my opinion was well done) surely helped me to buy HTTR, but the MarkShot presentation was even more instrumental.

In 3 cases I bought the games after testing the demos (Take Command Bull Run, Take Command 2nd Manassas, Dangerous Waters).

But there are 3 cases (which I don't like to name here) in which, after testing the demos, I did not buy the games, and I will not buy them.

So, what is the net result? It is not easy to evaluate, even in my case, and it is even less easy in general.

A demo gives the user more information and so can attract the favourable ones, but may even drive back the others.

I know this is obvious, and I know you already knew it, but that's all I can tell you.

(in reply to Arjuna)
    Post #: 85
    RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 2/26/2007 5:29:19 PM   
    MarkShot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Renato

... but the MarkShot presentation was even more instrumental ...

Hmm, maybe it's time to rename my company from KWL Systems, Inc. to MarkShot Presentations ... give up computer systems design and switch to marketing. Do you think anyone would read an AAR for a dishwasher written from the unique perspective of being a salad bowl? Time to get some expert advice here from Eddy and Ray. :)

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)

(in reply to Renato)
    Post #: 86
    RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 2/26/2007 6:11:41 PM   
    RayWolfe

quote:

Do you think anyone would read an AAR for a dishwasher written from the unique perspective of being a salad bowl? Time to get some expert advice here from Eddy and Ray. :)

No, but if you did one of an oven from the perspective of the goose being cooked, then people would sit up and take notice!
    Ray
    Your turn Eddy.

(in reply to MarkShot)
    Post #: 87
    RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 2/26/2007 7:14:08 PM   
    sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: RayWolfe

quote:

Do you think anyone would read an AAR for a dishwasher written from the unique perspective of being a salad bowl? Time to get some expert advice here from Eddy and Ray. :)

No, but if you did one of an oven from the perspective of the goose being cooked, then people would sit up and take notice!
    Ray
    Your turn Eddy.

To sit in the oven, pretend I'm a goose and get cooked ? - No, thanks, I get enough of that at work

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to RayWolfe)
    Post #: 88
    RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 2/27/2007 12:44:57 AM   
    Arjuna

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
    www.panthergames.com

(in reply to sterckxe)
    Post #: 89
    RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers - 2/27/2007 2:08:18 AM   
    bilbow

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

bilbow,

Welcome.

That's very encouraging feedback. We obviously need to win over guys like you. Not to supplant their love for traditional turn based wargames but to expand their interests to include our offerings. I note you said you picked COTA because of the reviews and its very different approach. You are obviously willing to explore alternative game systems. Many other are reluctant. Do you have any suggestions for how we can overcome their reluctance?

Demos don't do anything for me, but that 5 minute video helped a lot to get me to see the difference. How about a more in-depth version perhaps covering covering the first tutorial, or a portion of it? A potential purchaser could get a good look in a lot less time than it would take to learn a demo.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile- hoping it will eat him last
    - Winston Churchill

(in reply to Arjuna)
    Post #: 90
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Conquest of the Aegean >> RE: Questions for first time and repeat customers Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI