Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Members Area Makes Problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Members Area Makes Problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Members Area Makes Problems - 6/15/2006 6:10:17 AM   
joliverlay

My members area does work. I've downloaded patches for WITP and think i have UV, BII and BIN registered. Unfortunately I can't find my password. No problem, I thought as I ask for it to be emailed to me using the magic button. I use both my home email and work (not remembering which one I used to register). I get no response at either one. Now what do I do? Repurchase every game (and Operational Art of War III, which I somehow seemed to quasi register while trying to find my password, by aborting the registeration process). That $250 worth of games. By the way, I do have all the passwords, I knew they were important. I just did not keep good track of the members area stuff. This copy protection it to complicated for mere mortals. (No I'm not at idiot, I have many papers published in the scientific (peer reviewed) literature. Chemistry and physics is easy, it's this darn registration stuff I find so hard to address.)
Post #: 1
RE: Members Area Makes Problems - 6/15/2006 6:59:33 AM   
rhondabrwn

I share your frustration, though (fortunately) not your specific problems.

My problem is that my "Members" account uses my old Indiana University e-mail address. This address was deactivated by the University and I no longer have access to it. The problem is that in order to change your e-mail address in the Member's area, you must respond to an e-mail sent to the OLD ADDRESS! Of course, the old address doesn't work anymore, so I am stuck with an outdated address and login that can't be changed.

A minor annoyance... I remember the password so I can use it just fine, but it strikes me as a very inconvenient way to run things. I've written twice and explained the situation, but nothing was changed and I never got even a response from Matrix. That was disturbing.

Ironically, Matrix HAS my correct e-mail and has no problem sending me product information to my current address, but the two systems obviously don't talk to each other.

To me, there should be a SINGLE member / user account for both forums and game support. It seems a duplication of effort to run separate systems with separate personal information in them.

* END RANT *

Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(

(in reply to joliverlay)
Post #: 2
RE: Members Area Makes Problems - 6/15/2006 7:55:01 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

One account DOES seem to make sense of course.

But, if a person misbehaves (and some of us do) and gets a time out (or a permanent removal) from the forum, that effectively might lock them out of their patches.

Now, while it is no biggie if you get banned from the forum where patches is concerned, it would definitely be a problem if the person couldn't access the patches.

Because, if a person buys a product, they should be able to recieve customer support, even if they have lost access to the forums.
Because being a paying customer, should mean you get support regardless of your behaviour on a forum.

Just my thoughts on why they might prefer to have the accounts separate.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to rhondabrwn)
Post #: 3
RE: Members Area Makes Problems - 6/15/2006 7:55:02 AM   
oi_you_nutter

the forum and game support are probably two unconnected pieces of software, unable to share data easily...

what you need is a helpful human admin to deal with this sort of thing

because of changing ISPs etc i only use yahoo/gmail/hotmail web based email accounts for this sort of thing, so no matter where i am, who i work for or how i get on the internet then i can access the emails etc, i know its no help for you now but its never too late to start

(in reply to rhondabrwn)
Post #: 4
RE: Members Area Makes Problems - 6/15/2006 10:17:45 AM   
rhondabrwn

quote:

ORIGINAL: oi_you_nutter

the forum and game support are probably two unconnected pieces of software, unable to share data easily...

what you need is a helpful human admin to deal with this sort of thing

because of changing ISPs etc i only use yahoo/gmail/hotmail web based email accounts for this sort of thing, so no matter where i am, who i work for or how i get on the internet then i can access the emails etc, i know its no help for you now but its never too late to start

I agree! Of course, I had that university e-mail account for six years so it was semi-permanent. Now, of course, I use gmail and pretty much ignore my Chinle School District Account. I also never even view my gmail on a school computer. Heck, I won't even use it... too much monitoring going on.

Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(

(in reply to oi_you_nutter)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Members Area Makes Problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI