Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bug report: ViConds evaluate erratically

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Bug report: ViConds evaluate erratically Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bug report: ViConds evaluate erratically - 6/19/2006 9:33:46 AM   
hermanhum

ViConds evaluate erratically

Damage ViCond evaluates improperly. Units selected by either Sub-Type, Class, or Specific Unit do not count in the ViCond when destroyed. This most often happens when units are destroyed at nearly the same time.

Work-around solution: When units are destroyed individually, the ViCond appears to function properly.

• 1. Run any of the files in "Damage ViCond triggers [PDb 3.6.3]" with 3.6.3 GE and PlayersDB to see that ViCond works properly and establish baseline.
  • 2. Destroy the three ships that appear in a single volley of 4x Mk48 torpedoes. If necessary, repeat volley.
    3. Check ViCond to ensure that it has triggered.

• 4. Run same files and same tests in 3.7 ANW GE.
  • 5. ViCond will fail

• 6. When targets are destroyed one at a time, the ViCond appears to function properly. However, this was not exhaustively tested.

Additional Information:

• 7. Sample files have been made with ANW SE and with ODb. "[ODb] Damage ViCond fails"

Sample files can be found at:

- Home of the Harpoon3 PlayersDB

< Message edited by hermanhum -- 6/19/2006 9:34:32 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Bug report: ViConds evaluate erratically - 6/19/2006 9:34:12 PM   
hermanhum

quote:

ORIGINAL: VCDH

I've been unable to duplicate this in ANW. I made three different scenarios using ships armed with guns, then missiles and finally torpedos. The targets were three merchant ships with the VCs set to 2 out of 3 damaged to 25% or greater. In all cases I was able to destroy the ships are the same time (within seconds) and I still made my Victory Conditions.

Have you tried the test scens I have posted, though? In case you were unaware, I never report anything that cannot either be verified by SAVED game file or TEST scen file.

I have have tried some testing with surface ships and they appear to trigger the ViConds more easily. In fact, I have inserted a BCGN in the background of the many of the test files so that you can test firing from it. However, the behaviour I am reporting is replicable in each of the test cases 98% of the time and the test scens use the submarine platform.

I can provide additional steps on how to reproduce, but it is as simple as "Use the Sub to sink the 3 ships".

Post #: 2
RE: Bug report: ViConds evaluate erratically - 6/19/2006 10:37:55 PM   
hermanhum

Okay, I just looked on SZO and can see that no one has even tried to DL the reports and test scens. 

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 3
RE: Bug report: ViConds evaluate erratically - 6/20/2006 1:27:25 AM   
mikmykWS

It's only been a few hours give the guy a break tiger

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 4
Bug report: ViConds evaluate erratically - 6/20/2006 1:34:48 AM   
hermanhum

I tried.

That's why I:

1) set up 7 separate test cases
2) tested them
3) re-tested them
4) posted them to SZO

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 5
RE: Bug report: ViConds evaluate erratically - 6/20/2006 2:17:16 AM   
rsharp@advancedgamin

Thanks for your time and efforts. We owe a great deal to those that tested the game in the previous years and those that continue to do so now. If you have confirmed a bug, please report it on the AGSI or Matrix forums for Harpoon 3 ANW. This will garner the most attention from AGSI which means a quicker fix. We ask that you be able to duplicate all bugs while using the original or ANW databases. We will make every effort to address your issues but we cannot keep track of all the great forums in the community.

< Message edited by rsharp@advancedgamin -- 6/22/2006 7:38:33 PM >

Russell
Advanced Gaming Systems
Home of Computer Harpoon

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 6
RE: Bug report: ViConds evaluate erratically - 6/23/2006 7:00:28 AM   
hermanhum

Looks like the AGSI Bug Tracking system known as Mantis will no longer be accessible to the public.

I hope that everyone continues to freely post problems that they encounter on this forum.

quote:

PostPosted: 06 06 22 04:46    Post subject: Changes - Mantis - Bug Tracking     Reply with quote
In light of our shipping H3 ANW we are rolling up the public carpet on our bug tracking system.

If you like finding and reproducing bugs we invite you to write us with saved games and a description of how you discovered a bug.

If you do it well - you'll be invited to join the new Harpoon 3 ANW Beta team.

Yes, since we have a long history of providing free updates, we have an ongoing need for testers. With a major release we bring new folks on and say good bye to the folks who didn't participate or want to do something new.

(in reply to rsharp@advancedgamin)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Bug report: ViConds evaluate erratically Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI