Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bug(s) Report

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Bug(s) Report Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bug(s) Report - 6/24/2006 11:06:27 PM   
SnowHeart

I'm sure some of these have been posted and, perhaps, some are not bugs but stupid user issues, but thought I'd post them.

Navigation Errors: I get pop-up boxes almost constantly for individual ships in formations, even though the ship doesn't appear to be colliding (or near colliding) with anything. It renders the game virtually unplayable. Sometimes tinkering with the formation fixes the problem temporarily, but that leads to the next problem...

Disappearing Formation Icon: Sometimes I accidentally delete the default Tactical Map. When I try to create a new one, sometimes only the individual icons appear for each ship but there is no way to get the formation Icon back... So, I can't change the formation. I'm guessing there's a hotkey or a setting somewhere, but I haven't been able to find documentation on it.

Aircraft Readiness: On some missions (particularly in the China/Japan Regional Conflict campaign), aircraft readiness times get set to 290 hours. This obviously renders the aircraft effectively useless. At first I thought (maybe) this was intentional, until I restarted the campaigns and the aircraft where either READY or listed with a 30 minute or less ready time. A minute or two later, the same aircraft was suddenly at 290 hours.

Between the first and the third item, I'm banging my head against the desk trying to play this right now. :( Very much looking forward to a patch or a bonk on the head if I'm just being stupid.
Post #: 1
RE: Bug(s) Report - 6/24/2006 11:21:25 PM   
hermanhum

No need for a bonk.

Here are some ideas that might help:

P.s. Welcome to the Game.

quote:

ORIGINAL: SnowHeart

I'm sure some of these have been posted and, perhaps, some are not bugs but stupid user issues, but thought I'd post them.

Navigation Errors: I get pop-up boxes almost constantly for individual ships in formations, even though the ship doesn't appear to be colliding (or near colliding) with anything. It renders the game virtually unplayable. Sometimes tinkering with the formation fixes the problem temporarily, but that leads to the next problem...

This problem has already been reported in this thread: Ships stop with illegal nav message

quote:

Disappearing Formation Icon: Sometimes I accidentally delete the default Tactical Map. When I try to create a new one, sometimes only the individual icons appear for each ship but there is no way to get the formation Icon back... So, I can't change the formation. I'm guessing there's a hotkey or a setting somewhere, but I haven't been able to find documentation on it.

The map you are currently using is probably set to Display Units and not Groups. To toggle on the "Group Display", select the map that you want to be active. Then go to your keypad [make sure NumLock is OFF] and depress the "9" button. It toggles between Group and Unit displays.

quote:

Aircraft Readiness: On some missions (particularly in the China/Japan Regional Conflict campaign), aircraft readiness times get set to 290 hours. This obviously renders the aircraft effectively useless. At first I thought (maybe) this was intentional, until I restarted the campaigns and the aircraft where either READY or listed with a 30 minute or less ready time. A minute or two later, the same aircraft was suddenly at 290 hours.

This has been seen in different areas. When you started the scenario, did you select the "AI handles Formation Air Patrols" option? That has shown to cause some oddities.

When you see this problem in the display, you can also try to cancel out of the window and wait for a bit before re-trying the command. This has helped me in the past. This is just a guess, but I think that the game engine sometimes cannot keep up with my keystrokes so it sometimes displays the wrong ready times.

quote:

Between the first and the third item, I'm banging my head against the desk trying to play this right now. :( Very much looking forward to a patch or a bonk on the head if I'm just being stupid.

(in reply to SnowHeart)
Post #: 2
RE: Bug(s) Report - 6/25/2006 2:42:36 AM   
hermanhum

Here is a report showing the same 290 minute strangeness:

Bug Report: Ready times go wild when AI Formation Air Patrols activate

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Bug(s) Report Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI