Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: plexiglass

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: plexiglass Page: <<   < prev  105 106 [107] 108 109   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: plexiglass - 4/26/2009 1:09:11 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moondawggie

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

Was thorazine around back then?

If not, it shoulda been!

Alternative timeline historians have noted that in what is (euphemistically) called WW2-prime timeline (the one we currently inhabit, although the chronological mechanics can be truly difficult to manage): chlorpromazine was first synthesized in 1950, however, in the WW2c timeline it was synthesized in 1937 by Swiss chemist Albert Hoffman who was famous in WW2-prime timeline for something a bit different.

(in reply to Moondawggie)
Post #: 3181
RE: plexiglass - 4/26/2009 1:31:22 PM   
BrucePowers

Ooohhhh. That guy lived to be 102.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 3182
RE: plexiglass - 4/27/2009 12:01:28 AM   
Moondawggie

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

quote:

If not, it shoulda been!

Alternative timeline historians have noted that in what is (euphemistically) called WW2-prime timeline (the one we currently inhabit, although the chronological mechanics can be truly difficult to manage): chlorpromazine was first synthesized in 1950, however, in the WW2c timeline it was synthesized in 1937 by Swiss chemist Albert Hoffman who was famous in WW2-prime timeline for something a bit different.

I wonder what? Like Something Dangerous?

"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."

General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 3183
RE: plexiglass - 4/27/2009 2:09:26 AM   
BrucePowers

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If not, it shoulda been!

I wonder what? Like Something Dangerous?

I didn't think that stuff had a calming eefect on people

Post #: 3184
hirsute posterior - 4/27/2009 11:00:38 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 3185
Sitrep - 4/28/2009 5:58:25 PM   
Cap Mandrake

*****Sitrep: Mindanao, Borneo and New Guinea, June 12-13, 1943****

Jolo: Jolo falls to 6th Aus. Cav Brig. although the Coast Gaurdsmen who have to clean out all the road apples out of the LCT's used to ferry them from Tawi are non too pleased. The Jap defenders proved to be some support troops who had definitely NOT received their shipment of Emperor Brand Kool-Aide. Jolo Airfield is level 4 as a result of the previous Allied defence of the PI. An engineering company of 6th Aus. Cav Brig is detailed to get out their weed-whackers and cut down all the dandelions and assorted hazzards to flight poking through the tarmac. The B-25's from Menado redeploy to Jolo as do P-38's from Tawi. Jolo will now be the bastion for further moves toward Luzon. Fillipino air support troops are moving in to support air ops. As the penetration enlarges, I am running out of ground support personnel for air operations. Hollandia, Sansapor, Babo, Kai, Aru, Namlea, Morotai, Menado and Cotabato have all required units. I have stripped Australia of SWPAC ground support troops and things are getting thin at the front. So are fighters. A half-strength group of P-38's was transferred from SEAC.

Jesselton: Jesselton was captured by a weak KNIL Bn. ferried in by APD and DD from Tawi. On the night of 11/12th, 3 CA and 3 DD's bombard Jesselton, destroying supply stores. The Japs try a parachute assault on the 12th but are beaten back. C-47's at Jolo will fly in supplies to Jesselton.

Sansapor: Bettys from Palau raided a small transport group unloading at Sansapor. One RAN MSW is sunk and one will likely sink. 10 Bettys are downed the Spitfire CAP.

Mindanao: 6th Aus. Div. and two armoured brigades are moving on Cagayan.

Menado: The airfield is now level 4. The B-24's are moving up from Amboina. A raid on Iolio is planned for the 13th.

Plans: The battle for Mindanao is beginning to look like a sideshow. 7th Aus. Div., which was designated to reinforce the forces on Mindanao will instead begin planning for Legaspi on Luzon. US 32nd ID is also planning for Luzon. Likely landing points include Legaspi or even Northern Luzon. I am toying with the idea of bringing down the RN carriers, 7th Armoured and a Brit ID from SEAC. These had been designated for a landing on Java, but possession of Java seems immaterial if Allied bombers are sitting on Luzon, shutting down tanker traffic to the DEI.

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 3186
RE: Sitrep - 4/28/2009 6:24:28 PM   
Canoerebel

Sitrep?

Sitrep!

The man whose fertile mind comes up with titles like "Nose Art," "Sheepskin," "Hirsuite Posterior" and the like suddenly titles a post "Sitrep"?!

What's up with that?

Post #: 3187
RE: Sitrep - 4/28/2009 6:51:34 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 3188
RE: Sitrep - 4/28/2009 6:57:42 PM   
witpqs

How's the western-eastern front, Cap? Are you ready to bust right through Cochina yet?

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 3189
SITREP - 4/28/2009 8:21:43 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 3190
RE: SITREP - 4/28/2009 8:29:31 PM   
Cap Mandrake

******SWPAC HQ, Darwin June 14, 1943*******

Gen. Short: <throws sternly worded letter onto his desk> Bah! It isn't enough to fight the Japs and the SPCA? Now we have this clown to deal with? What about this M&M Enterprises....<looks at letter again>...Language Services Division? You don't suppose they are linked to that outfit we hired on Kai?

Col. Corleone: I suspect so, sir.

Gen. Short: Well, damnit! Who is the Capo di capi around here, anyway? Perhaps we should make the Consigliere an offer he can't refuse. <both men start to laugh>

Post #: 3191
Great Victoria Tan - 4/28/2009 11:30:40 PM   
Cap Mandrake

I HATE jpg conversions. The thing turned my carefully chosen Great Victoria Tan for the background of my Australian unit counters to Bourbon Street Mauve

And the Soldier of Orange piping on the Dutch units to Grizzly Bile Green.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 3192
RE: Sitrep - 4/29/2009 1:14:23 AM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

How's the western-eastern front, Cap? Are you ready to bust right through Cochina yet?

Si, si capisco.

The western-eastern front of South and East Asia as FDR might say.

Bangkok: The Jap defenders there are still in very good shape and have stopped 12th Army cold. Both sides are trading artillery fire with 12th Army beginning to inflict greater damage. In addition, heavies from Moulmein and Tavoy are roughin up the defenders.

Flanking Effort: The effort to outflank the defenders of Bangkok has yielded fruit. All three Chindit brigades are across the river and the lead brigade captured Udon, which has now been reinforced with a brigade of 20th Indian Div. brought in by air. F-5's are operating from Udon on naval search, making travel in the South China Sea dangerous.

Bandou: Still stalemated. Malaya Army is stuck there for now.

Lashio: Still stalemated.

Burma Road:
Open via Myitkynia

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 3193
RE: Sitrep - 4/29/2009 1:38:59 AM   
FeurerKrieg

Good to hear the British haven't completely cleared Burma and Bangkok yet. Makes me feel like my efforts were not in vain!

Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks

Post #: 3194
RE: Sitrep - 4/30/2009 1:41:44 AM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feurer Krieg

Good to hear the British haven't completely cleared Burma and Bangkok yet. Makes me feel like my efforts were not in vain!

Yes, Bangkok is a real roadblock, although the danger of encirclement is increasing. For now they have a supply link to Saigon.

Lashio is a sideshow now that the Burma road is open.

(in reply to FeurerKrieg)
Post #: 3195
Parchisi boards rain from the sky - 4/30/2009 1:48:03 AM   
Cap Mandrake

..at Jesselton. 150 Dutchmen are in good spirits. Apparently nobody told them they were fungible.

The Japs bring in troops from Brunei. Jap troops at Jesselton now number 600 (part of a SNLF?). Some PT boats will arrive at night, perhaps to be followed by Prince of Wales in the morning hours. I am hoping the P-38's at Jolo can cover her. Troops of 12th Aus Brig will also fly in from Cotobato.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 3196
Among the Hmong - 4/30/2009 6:39:07 PM   
Cap Mandrake

***********Mountain Village, 110 m NE of Rahaeng, Thailand, June 12, 1943********

The calm of the peaceful hamlet is overturned as a mud-encrusted Grant tank roars up a narrow path into the clearing. Chickens and children run for cover. The tank slews to stop and the engine is turned off. A British officer climbs out of the commander's cupola. A strikingly light-skinned man in native Hmong garb approaches excitedly.

A strikingly light-skinned man in native Hmong garb: Colonel? Is that you sir? Oh thank God. We've come to relieve you?

Colonel: Relieve us? Are you daft, man? <the older man notices a striking series of tatoos on the younger man's face> Uppington-Smythe? Is that you?

A strikingly light-skinned man in native Hmong garb: Yes SIR! No. 251 Company, Royal Engineers, reporting for duty!

Colonel: Good God, man. Where are vehicles...and your uniforms?

A strikingly light-skinned man in native Hmong garb: Ah...yes...there is that, sir. You see, in our haste to break your encirclement, it seems we misjudged our petrol needs.

Colonel: I should say. And your uniforms.

A strikingly light-skinned man in native Hmong garb: Ah..yes..well sir. The men were a bit grimy, what with hacking our way through the jungle and all...and the biting insects..good Lord...

Colonel: Holy Mary Mother of GOD. Lt.! Could you please get to the point?

A strikingly light-skinned man in native Hmong garb: Oh..yes..sorry sir...well it was like this...I contracted with a native woman to do our laundry...quite a good quote, if I might add...just pounding the the bloody things right on the rocks in the river..it was quite a quaint scene in a transcultural sort of way...

Colonel: SWEET JESUS!

A strikingly light-skinned man in native Hmong garb: Oh, yes sorry sir..well it seems she absconded with our uniforms.

Colonel: Absconded?

A strikingly light-skinned man in native Hmong garb: Yes, sir, every one.

Colonel: Son, didn't you tell me you attended Eton?

A strikingly light-skinned man in native Hmong garb: Yes sir, Eaton with an "a".

Colonel: I see. That explains things. Lt., if you are finished with your trans-cultural experiment what say you get your men together and come along with us to the Philippines?

A strikingly light-skinned man in native Hmong garb: The Philippines, sir? Do you mean the island nation?

Colonel: Do you know of another?

A strikingly light-skinned man in native Hmong garb: No sir, can't say I do.

Colonel: Splendid! See the quartermaster about new uniforms and let's win thsi war shall, we?

A strikingly light-skinned man in native Hmong garb: YES SIR!...Oh sir, I wonder if you could spare any petrol....

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 3197
Back to school form - 5/1/2009 3:24:57 PM   
Cap Mandrake

President Obama told us to wash our hands and not go to school or work if you are sick. One of my teenage patients took him up on it. His mom wanted a note for excuse from school for two days. I didn't see him so I forwarded it to the White House (via fax) with a nice, polite cover letter, asking the President to sign it.

We shall see if I get audited by the IRS this year.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 3198
Anyone, anyone? - 5/1/2009 4:07:46 PM   
Cap Mandrake

******Eastern Fleet HQ, Colombo, Ceylon, June 14, 1943*******

Adm. Somerville: ...right, so it is agreed, Formidable will convert to the new Corsair IV first. <he looks toward captain of Formidable> Get your pilots up to speed but let's not bugger the airframes, shall we? Right, we will have another fly-off of 24 from USS Ranger early next week. In the interim, I have twelve airframes left. As this is insufficient to equip one of the carriers, I will hold these until the next fly-off. Let us assemble the aircraft mechanics and armourers too familiarize themselves with the Corsair IV unless anyone has a suggestion. Now, can anyone tell me how the turret B ammunition hoist repairs are going on Warspite.......

Cpt. Onslow, HMS Hermes: <rises half out of his seat in excitement and raises his hand> Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh...mmm, sir? Oh, oh, oh..

Adm. Somerville: Good Lord man! We are not young men, all of us. In the future, if your prostate is giving you problems, please just quietly excuse yourself for a few minutes...and please wash your hands...

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 3199
RE: Back to school form - 5/1/2009 5:05:10 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Worse. You've never seen frau Braun angry.

Post #: 3200
Ambition......you know...the blind type - 5/1/2009 10:50:55 PM   
Cap Mandrake

******SITREP, Borneo and the Philippines, June 15, 1943******

Jesselton: The Jap DD's and AK's apparently bugged out before Allied surface forces arrived. A dozen B-25's and B-17's from Jolo and Menado bombed the Jap assault force, which proves to be some 500 men of Yokosuka 2nd SNLF. They might have succeeded against against the understrength KNIL Bn., but by the time their attack kicks off, 60 C-47's have transported in a full Bn. of 12th Aus. Inf. Brig. from Cotobato. Jesselton is secure for now. Unfortunately, the only SWPac CD unit in are is the destroyed unit at Menado. There is one mobile CD unit at Darwin but we lack PP's to convert it. Jesselton will have to defend itself with a squadron of PT boats, search aircraft and a few sub-lain mines plus whatever bomber coverage can be given from Jolo.

Jolo: Now has 3 squadrons of B-25's and 50 P-38's

Iolio: The airfield was pounded again by 88 B-24's from Menado. At least 3 more Kates were destroyed. the threat from Iolio is now minimal.

Luzon: Luzon is the prize. There are aircraft operating from Manila but intel is limited. A minelayer operating South of Manila was hit by a B-25 from Jolo. I have settled on an attack on Lingayen which has a level 5 airfield. This is likely garrisoned so it will have to be a big lift (6th Aus Brig and a tank Regt.). This will require heavies operating from Jolo or (better) Cagayan when it falls. SWPac will need a support airfield near Lingayen if it is to land at Lingayen without carrier support. The best candidate appears to be Roxas which is level 1 but buildable to level 3. A RAAF HQ unit and support troops are on their way past Amboina now and could be at Roxas in 5-7 d. ^th Aus Cav. brigade

Royal Navy: The RN carriers are starting to upgrade ot Corsair IV's but this might take a month. I will ship out one British Inf. Div soon from SEAC and 7th Armoured when ready (4 weeks perhaps). Warspite will come down as well to provide surface punch for the Lingayen landing.

New Timetable:

Roxas .....June 18 D-Day
Lingayen..July 15 (if garrisoned--sooner if ungarrisoned)
Closure of the Luzon Straight...July 17

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 3201
RE: Back to school form - 5/1/2009 11:01:55 PM   
Moondawggie

quote:

President Obama told us to wash our hands and not go to school or work if you are sick. One of my teenage patients took him up on it. His mom wanted a note for excuse from school for two days. I didn't see him so I forwarded it to the White House (via fax) with a nice, polite cover letter, asking the President to sign it.

Hotchi-mama! Is there nothing our new Prez cannot do? In addition to being president, he's running Chrysler and GM, managing B of A and CitiBank, and somehow he still finds the time to back you up as a pediatric physician's assistant....

"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."

General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg

Post #: 3202
RE: Back to school form - 5/1/2009 11:11:13 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

quote:

Hotchi-mama! Is there nothing our new Prez cannot do? In addition to being president, he's running Chrysler and GM, managing B of A and CitiBank, and somehow he still finds the time to back you up as a pediatric physician's assistant....

Well, his patient satisfaction numbers are going to be in the crapper just like Chrysler because he hasn't sent the form back yet.

Post #: 3203
Top of the line, air superiority.... - 5/3/2009 3:07:27 PM   
Cap Mandrake

******Karachi Aerodrome, June 15, 1943******

Col. J.C Croswaithe, newly appointed commnder of 80th FG, USAAF, walks briskly, cup 'o java in his hand, from the officer's mess on the news that the first of his new command have arrived. It will soon become evident where he got the nickname "JC". As he rounds a corner, several dozen brand new fighters with flawless aluminum skins are seen on the runway. He drops his coffee and exclaims, "Jesus Christ! Are you ******* kidding me? They are ******* P-35's......

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 5/3/2009 3:44:41 PM >

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 3204
RE: Top of the line, air superiority.... - 5/3/2009 3:16:52 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

They are ******* P-35's......

A special 2 for 1 sale at M&M Enterprises (in cooperation with Big Lots(tm))!!

Post #: 3205
RE: Top of the line, air superiority.... - 5/3/2009 3:48:52 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

quote:

They are ******* P-35's......

A special 2 for 1 sale at M&M Enterprises (in cooperation with Big Lots(tm))!!

Yeah..that is what I was thinking. P-35's in June 43??????

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 3206
Chinamen - 5/3/2009 4:21:06 PM   
Cap Mandrake

*******Radio Room, Karachi Aerodrome, June 15, 1943*****

Col. J.C Croswaithe, CO, 80th FG:<on radio to 10th Air Force> Jesus Christ! Do you mean to tell me I have to wait in line for the P-40N behind a bunch of Goddmaned Chinamen? Something stinks here. It stinks to Hell. Some Goddamned profiteer is making some Goddamned money off this thing and my young men have to fly an aircraft that was obsolete before the war started? JESUS CHRIST! JESUS H CHRIST! I've half a mind to notify the Truman Commission. <slams down mic>

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 3207
Senator Harry S Truman - 5/3/2009 4:46:27 PM   
Cap Mandrake

******Offices of Senator Harry S. Truman, Washington, D.C., June 16, 1943*****

Mr. Roy Cohn, Esq: Senator, I have two urgent agenda items for the next meeting. Number 1, the Dauntless SBD. We have nearly 1,100 of the damnable things sitting in inventory in San Diego and the manufacturer just got an order for 1,200 more. Nobody wants the thing in Europe. The Navy hasn't lost a carrier since '41 and even the new carriers come with a full complement of planes. The Marine pilots don't want to fly the thing. Everyone wants to be a Corsair pilot. Ditto the Army. They tried renaming the thing but nobody is falling for it. There is war profiteering afoot and it is spelled "S".."B".."D"...

Sen. Truman: WAIT, WAIT! Did you say SBD?

Mr. Roy Cohn, Esq: Yes, Senator, the Dauntless SBD.

Sen. Truman: Listen! <puts his finger to his lips. The room is absolutely still save for a distant fan. The Senator has an odd smile on his face. After perhaps 15 seconds an unholy smell of rotted meat and sulfur fills the room>

Mr. Roy Cohn, Esq: OH MY GOD!

Sen. Truman: See, I told you. SBD. Silent but deadly. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OHHH MAN HAHAHAHAHA. Got ya! HEY! Check out this cool Bolo bat thing I got.

Mr. Roy Cohn, Esq: Oh, no. Thank you Senator. Perhaps I can come back and talk about the problem in Karachi when you are feeling better.

Sen. Truman: Got a problem in the Karachi? Try baby powder. HAHAHAHAHHAHAH. Oh, I kill myself. HAHAHAHHAHAH....

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 5/3/2009 4:47:11 PM >

Post #: 3208
Salient - 5/4/2009 1:49:36 AM   
Cap Mandrake

I expected the Japs to attack at Bangkok and break the seige in order to begin an evacuation down the coast afte Ubon fell. They don't seem worried in the slightest. Obon is level one and essentially must be supplied by air as the string of Allied controlled territory is tenuous. I will have to take something in French Indochina to control a serious airfield. One Chindit brigade is moving on Hue and the Indian Brigade at Ubon is moving to cut the road to Bangkok from Saigon. The Jap force at Bangkok is very large. Instead of commiting more Allied forces there, I hope to unhinge the position with a flanking attack. Malaya Army will take another crack at Bandou in 2 days. The Jap defenders have to be getting a bit desperate. The huge Burma Area Army still appears pinned by 1 1/2 Indian Divisions north of Krung Thep.

Looks like I will have to trim the map to get it to post

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 3209
RE: Salient - 5/4/2009 1:52:07 AM   
Cap Mandrake

..double jpg conversion...grrrrrr...I blame Al Gore..after all he invented this thing.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 3210
Page:   <<   < prev  105 106 [107] 108 109   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: plexiglass Page: <<   < prev  105 106 [107] 108 109   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI