Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Luzon

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Luzon Page: <<   < prev  112 113 [114] 115 116   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Luzon - 9/11/2009 3:24:02 AM   
BrucePowers

You said stalker girl is playing this on-line community farm thingy. Then you say she is "not the least bit cowed". Is this a play on words about farms?

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 3391
RE: Luzon - 9/12/2009 5:26:58 PM   
Onime No Kyo

You can take the girl off the farm.......awww, skip it.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 3392
RE: Luzon - 9/12/2009 5:31:54 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

You said stalker girl is playing this on-line community farm thingy. Then you say she is "not the least bit cowed". Is this a play on words about farms?

One should never underestimate the wealth of material available in the barnyard to fuel sexual double entendres, charming colloquialisms and sports team names. This is why I always send a check to Willie Nelson when he is doing one of those FarmAid things.

Post #: 3393
USS Midway - 9/12/2009 5:39:04 PM   
Cap Mandrake

I went down to San Diego last weekend with Stalker Girl, my daughter, and Stalker Girl's teen daughter. I suggested we go down to the Embarcadero area, and, after a short time we were standing next to USS Midway (imagine that ). I could see the aircraft on the deck. I had to wipe some drool off my chin.

"Hey look, this is only $12, you want to do this?"

"Nah, we want to go someplace with shops"

Post #: 3394
RE: USS Midway - 9/12/2009 6:23:59 PM   
BrucePowers

That is so wrong.

Post #: 3395
RE: USS Midway - 9/12/2009 7:00:54 PM   
FeurerKrieg

That sounds like grounds for a revocation of the Viking Longboat Ceremony outcome.

Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks

Post #: 3396
RE: USS Midway - 9/12/2009 7:40:14 PM   
BrucePowers

It also sounds like 2 teenage girls. That probably isn't grounds..................

(in reply to FeurerKrieg)
Post #: 3397
RE: Luzon - 9/18/2009 3:58:41 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

****Reparations Tribunal, Government of the Pillipines in Exile, Jolo, July 14, 1943******

I. Dunn Cheatham, Esq.: Doctor, please tell the Court your opinion, in your own words, of Captain Yossarian's mental status.

Doctor Daneeka: What do you mean, "in my own words"? Whose words was I going to use?

I. Dunn Cheatham, Esq.: I mean simply that you should not use the words of those who have gone before you.

Doctor Daneeka: But I may use English or Latin, for instance?

I. Dunn Cheatham, Esq.: Yes, yes, of course.

Doctor Daneeka: To be precise, then, those words were invented by others before me, so I wouldn't be using my own words in that sense.

I. Dunn Cheatham, Esq.: Yes, I understand Doctor, but what I meant is that you should use your own thoughts.

Doctor Daneeka: Of course, I should use your own thoughts. Do you imagine I can read the mind of others?

I. Dunn Cheatham, Esq.: No, I don't imagine that.

Doctor Daneeka: Very well then. How am I to communicate my thoughts?

I. Dunn Cheatham, Esq.: Pardon me?

Doctor Daneeka: My thoughts? How am I to communicate them? They are inside my head. I shall have to use the words of others who have gone before me to communicate my thoughts, shan't I?

I. Dunn Cheatham, Esq.: Oh Dear God!

Judge: Isador! There shall be no taking the name of God in my courtroom.

I. Dunn Cheatham, Esq.: I am sorry, Your Honor. It won't happen again. Now, Doctor, I propose we start over. You may use your own words. You may use the words of others who have gone before. You may use Latin terms. You may use English words. You may use the Phoenecian alphabet, if needed. Is that clear?

Doctor Daneeka: Yes, of course.

I. Dunn Cheatham, Esq.: Splendid! Now, Doctor, can you tell the Court about your visit with Captain Yossarian on the day before the San Jose attack?

Doctor Daneeka: But that is a patient, doctor confidentiality. I will need the Captain's permission. Is that OK with you, Yossarian?

Tall, hirsute fellow:Sure Doc. Don't hold back.

Doctor Daneeka: Hmm...well. Let's see. As I recall, he asked to be taken off flight duty. He said the Japs at San Jose were trying to kill him.

I. Dunn Cheatham, Esq.:Was this the first time he asked to be taken off duty?

Doctor Daneeka:Oh, no. He makes that request all the time.

I. Dunn Cheatham, Esq.: Now Doctor, I am going to ask a difficult question. I want you to answer carefully. ...Don't you think it is crazy?

Doctor Daneeka: The war, you mean? Oh, absolutely.

I. Dunn Cheatham, Esq.: No, I mean, Captain Yossarian's idea that the Japs are trying to kill HIM?

Opposing Counsel: Objection, Tio! Counsel is trying to establish an insanity defence. This is a civil proceeding.

Judge:You have an excellent point, Carlito, but I am going to allow it just out of curiosity. You may proceed, Doctor.

Doctor Daneeka: Thank you, Your Honor, I USED to think that, but I can now see his point.

I. Dunn Cheatham, Esq.: But the Japs aren't shooting at Captain Yossarian, they are shooting at his plane.

Doctor Daneeka: Yes, but he is IN the plane.

I. Dunn Cheatham, Esq.: But they are shooting at all the planes.

Doctor Daneeka: Sometimes they miss his plane.

I. Dunn Cheatham, Esq.: Doctor, that's crazy!

Doctor Daneeka: You haven't been in the 90th Bombardment Squadron as long as I. Crazy is relative.

I. Dunn Cheatham, Esq.: So you are saying OTHERS are crazy in the 90th Bombardment Squadron.

Doctor Daneeka: Oh, yes.

I. Dunn Cheatham, Esq.: Who?

Doctor Daneeka: All, I think...yes.

I. Dunn Cheatham, Esq.: Doctor, you mean you are letting crazy crews fly B-25's on missions?

Doctor Daneeka: Oh, yes. All the time. they would have to be crazy.

I. Dunn Cheatham, Esq.: Why don't you take them off duty?

Doctor Daneeka: Well, they have to ask, of course.

I. Dunn Cheatham, Esq.: What about Capt. Yossarian? He asked didn't he?

Doctor Daneeka: Ah, but when he asks, he reveals hismself to be sane. Catch 22............

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 9/19/2009 9:38:13 PM >

(in reply to HMS Resolution)
Post #: 3398
RE: Luzon - 9/18/2009 10:57:45 PM   
T Rav

Captain,

I still come to the WITP forum despite my transition to AE for just two reasons... You and Cuttlefish make it a pleasure to log in every day and I always stop here before moseying over to AE.

Thanks,
T Rav

Post #: 3399
Jolo - 9/19/2009 12:45:41 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Thank you sir!

*********90th BS(Medium) Officer's Club (Medium), Jolo, 19:40, July 13, 1943************

Tall, hirsute fellow:: Milo, you crazy SOB, what do you mean, "make them an offer"?

M.M.: I mean your guy is getting his Ivy League ass kicked. How did that insanity defence go?

Tall, hirsute fellow:: Not so well, but you hired him, you crazy, SOB.

M.M.: And you could do better? Yossarian, you provincial SOB, have you ever heard of Macaria?

Tall, hirsute fellow:: Macaria? Macaria? Is that in New Guinea?

M.M.: Hahahaha. New Guinea. Hahahaha. Yossarian, Yossarian, you crazy illiterate SOB! Hahahaha. New Guinea! hahahah.

Tall, hirsute fellow:: All right, Mr. Geography, where is Macaria?

M.M.: Not where, Yossarian, who. Macaria was the daughter of Heracles. She was sacrificed in order to protect Athens from an opposing king. YOU are Macaria, Yossarian, don't you see it?

Tall, hirsute fellow:: Yes, I have noticed Greek women can be quite hirsute.

M.M.: Hahahah, no Yossarian, you concrete-thinking SOB. Forget about body hair. It's an analogy. You are the Macaria of the US Army Air Force, the Southwest Pacific Command and the 90th Bombardment Squadron, Medium. YOU are being sacrificed, Yossarian.

Tall, hirsute fellow:: But...<furrows brow>

M.M.: Where is General Marshall? Where is General Short? Even Cathcart. How come you are the only remaining defendant?

Tall, hirsute fellow:: <mumbles>

M.M.: YOU are the human sacrifice, Yossarian! You are being sacrificed on the altar of political expediency. Cathcart wants to make General, Lt. Gen. Short wants to make Major General and General Marshall wants to make...Hell I don't know maybe President. But who are you, Yossarian? You are NOBODY, Yossarian! An old lighthouse got blown up and somebody has to pay. YOU are the payment, Yossarian! YOU are Macaria.

Tall, hirsute fellow:: Holy Mary mother of God! You are right, Milo, you crazy SOB. I AM Macaria!

M.M.: Body hair and all. Ugly as homemade sin. You are Macaria.

Tall, hirsute fellow:: Milo, you brilliant, crazy, SOB. You gotta help me. I don't WANT to be Macaria.

M.M.: I will see if we can properly align the motivations of all parties. Let me think on it a bit. But first, another round. <he holds up two fingers to the Chief who is stanidng on a stool behind the bar. Twin, ganged starter motors from "surplus" 2 1/2 ton trucks roar into life, instantly pulverizing a block of ice>

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 9/19/2009 12:48:58 AM >

(in reply to T Rav)
Post #: 3400
RE: Jolo - 9/19/2009 9:05:44 AM   
a7v

Hi Captain,

exactly as T RAV says, there are still two reasons to check the otherwise dead WITP-Forum: The Hibiki story and your Version of WW2.

Greetings

Rainer

Post #: 3401
Water Park - 9/19/2009 10:11:05 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Thanks Rainer

****Reparations Tribunal, Government of the Pillipines in Exile, Jolo, July 15, 1943******

Judge: <Bangs gavel to open proceedings> The Court wishes to announce a settlement of the case of the people of San Jose vs. President Roosevelt, the United States Army Air Force, the Southwest Pacific Command, the 90th Bombardment Squadron, Medium, USAAF and Captain Yossarian, USAAF. In exchange for dropping all claims, the People of San Jose will be compensated via the full reconstruction of the old lighthouse and improvements which will yield an income stream from the recreational and historical use of the property. As a further stipulation, there will be no admission of guilt by the defendants. To explain the details of the reconstruction and recreational improvements, I now turn the floor over to Sgt. Minderbinder of M&M Imagineering.

M.M.: <A yound man in fine linen slacks, a silk Hawaian style shirt and a Bolo tie walks toward an easel set up in the front of the courtroom. I know what you are going to say. You are going to say, "Wait, Mr. Smartypants, you don't capitalize 'bolo tie'." Normally, you would be right, but this is no ordinary bolo tie. This is a Bolo bolo tie. On the clasp of the young man's tie is the silhouette, in silver, of the awesome Douglas B-18 Bolo. On it are inscribed the words "M&M Aviation: Previously Owned Division".> Your Honor, Ladies and Gentlemen, people of San Jose,I give you the San Jose Historic Lighthouse and Water Slide Park!"

<A canvas drops to reaveal a beautiful water color and ink drawing of the reconstructed lighthouse surrounded by a helical aluminum water slide. There is an audible gasp from the gallery>

(in reply to a7v)
Post #: 3402
RE: USS Midway - 9/19/2009 11:11:48 PM   
jwilkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

I went down to San Diego last weekend with Stalker Girl, my daughter, and Stalker Girl's teen daughter. I suggested we go down to the Embarcadero area, and, after a short time we were standing next to USS Midway (imagine that ). I could see the aircraft on the deck. I had to wipe some drool off my chin.

Hey wait, the USS Midway has shops (aboard) !!!

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

Post #: 3403
RE: USS Midway - 9/20/2009 12:24:58 AM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson

quote:

Hey wait, the USS Midway has shops (aboard) !!!

Where they sell USS Midway hats and pieces of the old flight deck, I imagine. I had to drive 85 miles back home. How stupid do you think I am? (Dont answer that).

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 3404
Impregnable Kiska - 9/20/2009 12:37:55 AM   
Cap Mandrake

No...I'm not kidding. Inuit legend holds that no woman can bear a child on Kiska. Certainly not in July 1943. The place is crawling with Japs and there aren't any comfort women, either.

4 Bn of Jap Marines and 2 full Coastal Gun Regts. It is a nightmare and now a bit of sideshow but it has already cost a CL, 6 DD's, 5 or 6 AK/AP's and 10-15 LCT's. An attack on the 24th makes a little bit of headway (taking the forts to level 6) but is nowhere near 1:1 odds. The remainder of 18th Eng Rgt came ashore on the 25th but the guns sunk 6 more LCT's. I now have 2 beat-up prewar BB's bombarding the place every 2-3d and 200 planes at Amchitka and further East trying to attrit the defenders but they must have a giant underground bunker full of Emperor brand kool-aide. There is another RCT in reserve and a Corps HQ but it just seems like a waste. Bahh

Attachment (1)

Post #: 3405
RE: Impregnable Kiska - 9/20/2009 2:34:32 AM   
BrucePowers

Have you considered just letting them have the place? I mean you are about to cut them off from the DEI at the other end of the empire.

Post #: 3406
RE: Impregnable Kiska - 9/21/2009 3:33:58 AM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

Have you considered just letting them have the place? I mean you are about to cut them off from the DEI at the other end of the empire.

Indeed I have, though even evacuating 7th ID will be costly at this point. Better to keep pounding away at the defenders. At this point, the USN is not going to miss two prewar BB's with half their secondary guns shot to Hell and the RCAF could use the practice. Plus, Lord Admiral Tabpub initiated this operation and his communication tent was apparently hit by a Jap sub main gun or some such thing as he is still incommunicado.

Post #: 3407
Oh my God, oh my God you guys... - 9/21/2009 4:32:09 AM   
Cap Mandrake

So my sister talks me into taking my two daughters to a play last night...not just any play either..it was Legally Blonde. I might have been less nervous if it were Private Ryan: The Musical, but it wasn't. I was guilted into it really. It was USS Midway all over again. I was powerless.

So I show up at the restaurant for a pre-show dinner and my two other sisters are there with their daughters. 3 adult women, 4 nieces and my two daughters. Uggh. It is an estrogen fest.

Me: <to the waitress> "Bring me a Long Island Iced Tea and when I get down to the backwash bring me another and keep doing that till 7:10, is that understood?".

Waitress with no cleavage showing: YES SIR!

Despite the absence of visible cleavage, she was a good waitress so I gave her a 20% tip. We are a little rushed on time so I order a Cobb salad with honey mustard dressing. Only after she leaves do I realize the implications.

Me: <soto voce> Holy Mary Mother of Jesus that sounds SOOOO gay. A Cobb salad and ONLY a Cobb salad. What was I thinking? And a low fat dressing too? I am toast. Oh well, I will likely never see her again.

So the girls talk about dressing for high school and hairstyles and such. I try to tell one story about "mother-daughter" action at a nightclub but, in the end, it falls oddly flat. Oh well, we are off to the theater. This is when my level of alarm starts to rise. There are no males under 70 at the theater and I suspect they have season tickets.

Me: <soto voce> Oh Dear God! Let it be quick.

My sister, in a rare nod to frugality, has purchased tickets on level 3. Oh well, at least I will have a good 1 1/2 seconds should I choose to throw myself off the balcony. On the elevator ride up I am the only guy, until, hope of hope, two guys squeeze onto the elevator. I glance over and, for a moment, hope against hope, imagine they will start talking about the USC game. Instead, one of the two takes his ticket and scrapes it across the chin of the other in a playful fashion.

So here is the deal. I LIKED THE SHOW!

The moral is, if your siter invites you to a show...you should go....unless it is Rent, of course.

BTW...the thread title is from a lyric..

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 9/21/2009 6:03:47 AM >

Post #: 3408
RE: Impregnable Kiska - 9/21/2009 4:32:48 PM   
BrucePowers

quote:

quote:

Indeed I have, though even evacuating 7th ID will be costly at this point. Better to keep pounding away at the defenders. At this point, the USN is not going to miss two prewar BB's with half their secondary guns shot to Hell and the RCAF could use the practice. Plus, Lord Admiral Tabpub initiated this operation and his communication tent was apparently hit by a Jap sub main gun or some such thing as he is still incommunicado.

Is it possible he was taken prisoner on that rock?

Post #: 3409
RE: Oh my God, oh my God you guys... - 9/21/2009 4:35:15 PM   
BrucePowers

quote:

So my sister talks me into taking my two daughters to a play last night...not just any play either..it was Legally Blonde. I might have been less nervous if it were Private Ryan: The Musical, but it wasn't. I was guilted into it really. It was USS Midway all over again. I was powerless.

So I show up at the restaurant for a pre-show dinner and my two other sisters are there with their daughters. 3 adult women, 4 nieces and my two daughters. Uggh. It is an estrogen fest.

Me: <to the waitress> "Bring me a Long Island Iced Tea and when I get down to the backwash bring me another and keep doing that till 7:10, is that understood?".

Waitress with no cleavage showing: YES SIR!

Despite the absence of visible cleavage, she was a good waitress so I gave her a 20% tip. We are a little rushed on time so I order a Cobb salad with honey mustard dressing. Only after she leaves do I realize the implications.

Me: <soto voce> Holy Mary Mother of Jesus that sounds SOOOO gay. A Cobb salad and ONLY a Cobb salad. What was I thinking? And a low fat dressing too? I am toast. Oh well, I will likely never see her again.

So the girls talk about dressing for high school and hairstyles and such. I try to tell one story about "mother-daughter" action at a nightclub but, in the end, it falls oddly flat. Oh well, we are off to the theater. This is when my level of alarm starts to rise. There are no males under 70 at the theater and I suspect they have season tickets.

My sister, in a rare nod to frugality, has purchased tickets on level 3. Oh well, at least I will have a good 1 1/2 seconds should I choose to throw myself off the balcony. On the elevator ride up I am the only guy, until, hope of hope, two guys squeeze onto the elevator. I glance over and, for a moment, hope against hope, imagine they will start talking about the USC game. Instead, one of the two takes his ticket and scrapes it across the chin of the other in a playful fashion.

The moral is, if your siter invites you to a show...you should go....unless it is Rent, of course.

BTW...the thread title is from a lyric..

So did you earn brownie points?

Post #: 3410
RE: Oh my God, oh my God you guys... - 9/22/2009 6:37:06 AM   
Moondawggie

quote:

The moral is, if your sister invites you to a show...you should go....unless it is Rent, of course.

Mandrake, as much as I love women (including daughters, fiances, girlfriends, and nieces (not to mention Goddaughters), here's my advice:

YOU SHOULD HAVE STAYED AT HOME AND WATCHED THE RAIDERS BEAT UP THE CHIEFS!!!!!!

By the way, I took my oldest daughter to tour the Midway 4 years ago, and I showed her the berthing spaces for the enlisted sailors and the Junior Officers, and pointed out how they were a lot more spacious than I had enjoyed aboard good old LST-1195 (The Fightin' Barbour County!) in the IO in 1983.

Then I observed how much roomier her dorm room at UCSD was compared to the Navy accommodations I had been provided, and she had one simple judgment:

"It sucked to be you."

So then we went shopping (yes, at Nordstrom--she got clothes and shoes; I got the billl)...

Cap, I share your pain...

Moondawggie

"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."

General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg

Post #: 3411
RE: Impregnable Kiska - 9/22/2009 11:43:46 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

Is it possible he was taken prisoner on that rock?

From the new Look spread on the Aleutians Campaign.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 3412
RE: Impregnable Kiska - 9/23/2009 2:46:12 AM   
BrucePowers

Post #: 3413
PTO - 10/1/2009 11:36:04 PM   
Cap Mandrake

*********Temporary Quarters, 90th BS(M), USAAF, Tacloban, Leyte, July 28, 1943*********

A tall, nearly nude man reclines on a khaki cot. He is attended to be two Fillipinas who are slathering his body with a propietary mixture of volcanic mud, palm fibers and guar extract. His eyes are protected by thick slices of guava. A USAAF officer enters the tent.

USAAF Officer: Captain Yossarian, is that you?

A tall, nearly nude man reclining on a khaki cot: Who wants to know?

USAAF Officer: It's me, Yossarian.

A tall, nearly nude man reclining on a khaki cot: Who is me? <he pulls away the guava slices> MAJOR MAJOR! Damn, I didn't know you were still with the 90th. Hey, do I look Greek to you?

USAAF Officer: Greek?

A tall, nearly nude man reclining on a khaki cot: Yeah, Greek. Milo says I look Greek.

USAAF Officer: Gee, Yossarian. I am not sure I ever thought about it.

A tall, nearly nude man reclining on a khaki cot: Well, he says I look Greek, so that is why I have these fine young ladies depiliating me. <the women giggle>

USAAF Officer: Oh dear, I am not sure I want to know.

A tall, nearly nude man reclining on a khaki cot: Relax, it means taking the hair off. Hahahaha. Deee-pillll-eeee-ate. Hahhaha. <the women giggle again> Say, Major, are you still morale officer? We could use some serious R&R around here.

USAAF Officer: No, Yossarian, I am Director of Human Resources.

A tall, nearly nude man reclining on a khaki cot: Director of Human Resources? You made that up you son of a bitch.

USAAF Officer: Captain, you can't adress a senior officer in that fashion. It's bad for morale. You need to say "sir".

A tall, nearly nude man reclining on a khaki cot: You mean it's bad for "Human Resources" and I still think you made it up, you son of a bitch, sir. <the women giggle>

USAAF Officer: Yossarian, please.

A tall, nearly nude man reclining on a khaki cot: OK, but let me quote you from the Army Field Manual, Appendix......ummm....<reaches for a worn copy with bookmarks>...appendix B, page 12.."the United States Army officer should endeavor to maintain good morale among his men by permitting time off duty when possible.." How about that? When do we get our R&R?

USAAF Officer: It's not called "R&R" anymore. Appendix FU, page 22..."Paid Time Off Policy (Exceptions): In times of martial need, the commander may reduce or eliminate..."

A tall, nearly nude man reclining on a khaki cot: OK..that's enough! Say no more! "Martial need" my hirsute ass.

USAAF Officer: Don't worry, Yossarian, the Colonel ordered some beautiful 100-Mission pins for distribution to the Squadron. They are very nice. I sent one home to my mother.

A tall, nearly nude man reclining on a khaki cot: WHAT?! HAVE YOU EVEN FLOWN ONE MISSION?

USAAF Officer: In spirit, Yossarian. In spirit I am with you.

A tall, nearly nude man reclining on a khaki cot: Why don't you bring something more than your spirit along next time and let the Japs shoot at it.

USAAF Officer: Yossarian, I cam to talk to you about your new bombardier.

A tall, nearly nude man reclining on a khaki cot: I don't want him. He is fresh faced and eager.

USAAF Officer: What is wrong with that?

A tall, nearly nude man reclining on a khaki cot: The last two were fresh-faced and eager. They both tried to get me killed. The last one tried to send me to Sing Sing. We tried fresh-faced and eager. Fresh-faced and eager does not mesh well with my crew.

USAAF Officer: You can't go to Sing Sing on a civil charge, Yossarian and you can't fly without a bombardier. The USAAF calls for a bombardier on the B25-J.

A tall, nearly nude man reclining on a khaki cot: Well, I am flying the B25J(Y) now. I contracted with M&M Aviation for a special field modification.............

Post #: 3414
RE: PTO - 10/2/2009 5:57:51 AM   
Moondawggie

quote:

A tall, nearly nude man reclining on a khaki cot: Well, I am flying the B25J(Y) now. I contracted with M&M Aviation for a special field modification.............

Uh oh! Last time something like this went down some sacks of white powder ended up dropping from Yossarian's B-25 and exploded on some Japanese carrier decks! Then a surrender ceremony promptly ensued.

Mandrake, you aren't engaging in a literary technique known as foreshadowing here, are you?

"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."

General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg

Post #: 3415
RE: Luzon - 10/2/2009 5:30:16 PM   
Cap Mandrake

<goes quickly to Urban Dictionary to look up "foreshadowing">

Post #: 3416
RE: Luzon - 10/2/2009 8:33:28 PM   
Cap Mandrake

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 10/3/2009 2:51:40 AM >

Post #: 3417
RE: Luzon - 10/3/2009 1:01:19 AM   
BrucePowers

You seem to have this situation well in hand.............

Post #: 3418
Kiska - 10/3/2009 2:21:38 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 10/3/2009 2:52:36 AM >

Post #: 3419
RE: Luzon - 10/3/2009 4:01:04 AM   
rtrapasso

quote:

Wot happened to the nice map??

Post #: 3420
Page:   <<   < prev  112 113 [114] 115 116   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Luzon Page: <<   < prev  112 113 [114] 115 116   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI