Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Babo, you don't say?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Babo, you don't say? Page: <<   < prev  63 64 [65] 66 67   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Babo, you don't say? - 1/25/2008 5:38:19 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: HMS Resolution

Apparently the writers' strike is affecting this AAR as well.

(in reply to HMS Resolution)
Post #: 1921
RE: Writer's stike? - 1/26/2008 5:47:38 AM   
Moondawggie

Darn, I miss Mandrake's missives...

"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."

General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 1922
RE: Writer's stike? - 1/26/2008 6:12:38 AM   
MightyPaladin

bah. thread bump offered false hope.

(in reply to Moondawggie)
Post #: 1923
RE: Writer's stike? - 1/26/2008 5:53:51 PM   
witpqs

That's it! Stalker Girl has got to go!

(in reply to MightyPaladin)
Post #: 1924
From Burbank - 1/27/2008 1:00:43 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Hey guys. Sorry it's been so long, but we have to prevail. It's the principle, you see. I'm on my laptop outside NBC studios in Burbank. At this end of the planter you can get a WiFi signal from the Starbucks. Wait..it's Alec Baldwin..oh you have got be kidding..he is not going to cross the picket line is he? THE BASTARD! WHAT A BLOODY HYPOCRITE! OK, gotta go..there is a storm a'brewin'. Back ina bit.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 1925
RE: From Burbank - 1/27/2008 1:01:38 AM   
Terminus

Didn't know you were a Guild member, Mandrake...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 1926
RE: From Burbank - 1/27/2008 1:22:43 AM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Didn't know you were a Guild member, Mandrake...

Yeah, well, I haven't sold anything recently but I got rewrite credits on a couple of "CHiPs" episodes and they don't take your card away if you are inactive. Turned out I misjudged Baldwin. He was just bringing us muffins from Victor's. Pretty good too, baked with first-press linseed oil, all-organic bananas and shade-grown nuts. You know how they say the camera adds ten pounds? It's BS. The guy is a beefalo. Half the muffins were missing from the dozen too. Still, I shouldn't complain, it was a nice gesture. Oops..gotta go again. Here comes the negotiating team. Back on with the sandwich board. Ciao!

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 1927
RE: From Burbank - 1/27/2008 1:45:43 AM   
Terminus

Post #: 1928
Holy ****! Japs at Fak Fak? - 1/27/2008 2:47:26 AM   
Cap Mandrake

hmmmmm

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 1929
RE: Babo, you don't say? - 1/27/2008 3:00:37 AM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moondawggie

OMG, Mandrake, it just became clear to me: Looking at all the turns this narrative has taken over the last year, if I were a Freudian analyst (and yes, we still had those kind of guys on faculty at Stanford Med School when I did my psych clerkship there in '78), I would intuit that your written description above of "Woman with ample bosom extracting vital operational information from a young, testicularly-induced dyscognitive male" is actually a manifestation of a deep-seated, repressed fear that Stalker Girl is actually a John 3rd plant hell-bent on stealing operational plans from you and Tabpub in your death struggle playing WITP.

My advice as a trained medical professional: give her info, but slowly and most sparingly, and maximally enjoy the ride. Besides, those Boise girls become really loyal to the guys around them, and switch sides easily.

You can send me $50 for my professional analysis whenever you find it convienient...

At first I laughed at your idea, but after some thought it seems that I, just like Yossarian and Lt. De Groot and the Aussie Lt. with no name may have fallen into the old honey trap. Sure, I felt foolish. Good looking woman with ample bosom 16 years my junior approaches me and claims she has been having dreams about me. What the Hell was I thinking? Engage brain, Mandrake! Wake up man! I thought it was too good to be true that she would show an interest in WITP. After all, it is kind of geeky. I got so excited I told her about my effort to supress the Jap airfield at Kupang. The very next day there are elite 60 Tonys in the air Honestly, I don't remember mentioning Babo, but I do remember her minimizing the screen real quick when I came back with G&T's.

I am over the embarrassment. Now I am into revenge. I told her about big invasions planned for Noumea and Kupang. We shall see if they are reinforced in a similar fashion. Of course, to keep up the counterespionage operation, I can't let on, so I will have to keep up the honey part. One must sacrifice in war.

(in reply to Moondawggie)
Post #: 1930
RE: Babo, you don't say? - 1/27/2008 3:14:49 AM   
Cap Mandrake

I also took the precaution of notifying Lord Admiral Tabpub, who is away in one of those hexes East of San Diego learing to hit a 95 mph fastball.

quote:

LORD ADMIRAL TABPUB. FOR YOUR EYES ONLY. ENEMY EFFORT TO OBTAIN STRATEGIC/OPERATIONAL PLANS STRONGLY SUSPECTED. MI-5 BELIEVES YOU TO BE LIKELY TARGET AS WELL. USE EXTREME CAUTION IF APPROACHED BY ATTRACTIVE WOMEN IN A FASHION THAT SEEMS AT ODDS WITH PRIOR EXPERIENCE. ESPECIALLY THE DREAM BUSINESS. YEAH, SURE, YOU MAY FEEL LIKE A BIG SHOT FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS BUT IN OUR ESTIMATION THE PROBABILITY OF A GENUINE INTEREST IS JUDGED TO BE LOW. PLEASE DESTROY AFTER READING. (INK IS NON-TOXIC)

MESSAGE ENDS

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 1931
RE: Babo, you don't say? - 1/27/2008 2:53:56 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

... I can't let on, so I will have to keep up the honey part. One must sacrifice in war.

God go with you Mandrake!

Post #: 1932
RE: Babo, you don't say? - 1/27/2008 5:35:18 PM   
Nemo121

Keep it up !!!    

quote:

Succintly it means that the party in question has big breasts. It is most commonly used to describe women.

I normally abhor AARs which don't stick o the operational and strategic issues at hand but I've got to say after PzB's AAR this is my favourite on the entire forum. I've been catching up this morning and laughing out loud repeatedly.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1933
Betty, Betty Shabazian? - 1/27/2008 10:55:47 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 1934
RE: Betty, Betty Shabazian? - 1/28/2008 1:28:56 AM   
rtrapasso

Such fuss over an oil change!!

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1935
Halsey? Bill Halsey? - 1/29/2008 9:09:19 PM   
Cap Mandrake

***********CentPac HQ, Pearl Harbor, November 23, 1942************

<Admiral Kimmel is reviewing documents alone in his office. A puzzled look comes over his face>

Kimmel: Halsey? Bill Halsey on Wasp? I could have sworn he was on loan to Theobald. Damn! I am slipping.

<depresses intercom button>

Commander, please invite Admiral Halsey and his exec over to the club as my guest for supper on Sunday. <releases the button, then after reconsideration, presses the button again>

And see to it I get another gross of those Gingko Baloba pills from M&M Herbal Products Division.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 1936
The Y? The Y chromosome? - 1/29/2008 9:59:03 PM   
Cap Mandrake

******1224 Heavy Typewriter Bn, Transcription Rd., Washington, November 23, 1942********

<In a huge converted warehouse, 742 typists work on the verbal ammunition of warfare. In one corner there in an obscure office labeled "Defense Nuclear Authority". Two bespectacled officers in lab coats enter the office. The din of the warehouse is partially blocked as the door is closed>

Bespectacled Officer Number 1: How goes the Key Officer Enhancement Program?

Bespectacled Officer Number 2: Well, very well I would say.

Bespectacled Officer Number 1: Subject H?

Bespectacled Officer Number 2: Ah, yes. We had four takes. One trisomy, two tetrapoidy and one with a very small deletion of the Y. We chose the latter, of course.

Bespectacled Officer Number 1: Deletion? Doesn't that worry you a bit?

Bespectacled Officer Number 2: Nah, not so much. I guess we find out what the Y chromosome does. <both men laugh vigorously>

Post #: 1937
RE: The Y? The Y chromosome? - 1/29/2008 10:05:23 PM   
1275psi

Sorry to butt in -any word on Admiral Tabpubs where abouts?

Or has his Honey pot glued him to a unknown location?

His other AAr war is bumped back to page 4!

Post #: 1938
RE: The Y? The Y chromosome? - 1/29/2008 10:19:33 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1275psi

I think the bathysphere is just pulling in to port. Just as well. I was trying to manage the US Navy when he was gone. I can't believe how many ships they have.

Speaking of honey traps, I have an important safety tip. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT program speed dial numbers onto your cellphone unless you know how to lock your keyboard.

Stalker girl accidentally butt-dialed her mother's message machine while we were engaged in an amorous activity. The good news is it took up all the message time on the machine. The bad news is it took up all the message time on the machine...and she saved it.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 1/29/2008 10:22:04 PM >

(in reply to 1275psi)
Post #: 1939
RE: The Y? The Y chromosome? - 1/29/2008 10:36:10 PM   
Terminus

Post #: 1940
With 251 Coy, Royal Engineers - 1/29/2008 10:54:04 PM   
Cap Mandrake

******Positions of 251 Coy, RE, Attached to 7th Armoured, 5 miles from the Mandalay/Myitkynia rail line, 20:05: Nover 23, 1942******

Lt. Uppington-Smythe stands atop the command Bren carrier and speaks to those of the company who are not on guard duty.

Men, and I think I may be permitted to call you that even though many of you are very young. So young, in fact, that I am reminded of my younger days at Eaton. Ah, yes, it was a glorious time. But I digress. I have called you here as I have just returned from battalion and I have some bloody great news! Tomorrow, we, the men of 251 Company, Royal Engineers are going to give the Imperial Japanese Army a bloody great black eye! Do you remember that swath of cretaceous fossils we lost on day one? Well, we, you and I, are going to cross that little stream over there and bloody well take them back! Machine guns? Knee mortars? Bayonettes? Type 2's? HAH! We don't fear their weapons. We are 251 Coy! I say, STAND ASIDE YOU DIRTY YELLOW BASTARDS! WHAT SAY YOU ALL TO THAT!

<his voice rises in pitch and volume. After a few awkward seconds there is a desultory "uzzah" from Sgt. Bonebrake.>

"Yeah, 'ats it. 'uzzah! Come on you lads...."

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 1941
RE: With 251 Coy, Royal Engineers - 1/29/2008 11:54:17 PM   
BrucePowers

That's about the reaction he'd get from me

Post #: 1942
RE: With 251 Coy, Royal Engineers - 1/29/2008 11:54:55 PM   
Terminus

TeeHee... By the way, Eton is spelled without an "a"...

Post #: 1943
Eaton? Long Eaton? - 1/30/2008 12:22:42 AM   
Cap Mandrake

**********05:45, November 24, 1942, with 251 Coy, RE*************

<the Lt. and Sgt. bonebrake look out across the clearing. filtered green light is just making it to the forest floor from the canopy overhead>

Lt. Uppington-Smith: I don't like it Sargeant. It's quiet.

Sgt. Bonebrake: Too quiet, sir?

Lt. Uppington-Smith: <turns toward the Sgt> That is astonishing! I was thinking the very same thing. <looks back toward the clearing>

Sgt. Bonebrake: Sir, a number of the boys wanted to know if you met anyone famous at Eton?

Lt. Uppington-Smith: Famous? <looks perplexed> Oh...oh no.....I meant Long Eaton. It's between Nottingham and Derby. I'm afraid it is rather a different place than the Eton you mean. I did meet one chap who could put his entire fist in his mouth. He was rather a local celebrity........

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 1/30/2008 12:23:01 AM >

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 1944
RE: Eaton? Long Eaton? - 1/30/2008 12:24:56 AM   
Terminus

Good save, Mandrake!

Post #: 1945
RE: The Y? The Y chromosome? - 1/30/2008 2:13:54 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1275psi

I think the bathysphere is just pulling in to port. Just as well. I was trying to manage the US Navy when he was gone. I can't believe how many ships they have.

Speaking of honey traps, I have an important safety tip. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT program speed dial numbers onto your cellphone unless you know how to lock your keyboard.

Stalker girl accidentally butt-dialed her mother's message machine while we were engaged in an amorous activity. The good news is it took up all the message time on the machine. The bad news is it took up all the message time on the machine...and she saved it.

Honestly, Mandrake, I think you just like her cause she does things like that. Apparently everyone else is too "normal".

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

Post #: 1946
Red sky at night.... - 2/3/2008 6:27:28 PM   
Cap Mandrake

***********Aboard USS Yorktown, November 25, 1942, 19:30**************

<Admiral Halsey, TF Commander, and Captain Buckmaster, ship's Captain, walk toward the stern of the ship, among a dozen F4F's on deck. To the West there is a striking crimson sunset. There is an air of excitiemnt aboard ship>

Admiral Halsey: Red sky at night.....

Captain Buckmaster: Sailor's delight.

Admiral Halsey: <now smiling> Captain, let's kill some Japs!

Captain Buckmaster: Yes Sir!

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 1947
Kamaniwanaleu Club - 2/3/2008 6:34:22 PM   
Cap Mandrake

**********Kamaniwanaleu Club, Honolulu, November 25, 1942, 19:30**************

<Admiral Kimmel, Admiral Halsey and Capt. Reeves of Wasp sit at an elegant dining table with a white linen tablecloth>

Admiral Halsey: <clasps the hand of the young waiter with both of his hands> Young man, that creme brulet was DIVINE! Please tell the Chef I MUST have that recipe!

<Admiral Kimmel and Capt. Reeves exchange worried glances>

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 2/3/2008 6:40:52 PM >

Post #: 1948
RE: Kamaniwanaleu Club - 2/3/2008 6:35:31 PM   
Terminus

Post #: 1949
RE: The Y? The Y chromosome? - 2/3/2008 6:35:51 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Honestly, Mandrake, I think you just like her cause she does things like that. Apparently everyone else is too "normal".

There may be some truth to that. Sometimes I feel like one of those Brazilian kids riding the top of speeding trains just for fun.

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 1950
Page:   <<   < prev  63 64 [65] 66 67   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Babo, you don't say? Page: <<   < prev  63 64 [65] 66 67   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI