Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Lanai Room

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Lanai Room Page: <<   < prev  76 77 [78] 79 80   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Lanai Room - 5/24/2008 9:36:24 AM   
bradfordkay

USS America failed to mention the depths of your depravity...

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 2311
RE: Lanai Room - 5/24/2008 12:52:38 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

Mandrake has a Stalker Girl. I figured the depths of his depravity (great word ) were obvious to all without being mentioned.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 2312
RE: Lanai Room - 5/24/2008 4:24:47 PM   
BrucePowers

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

Post #: 2313
RE: Lanai Room - 5/24/2008 6:45:17 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: timtom

IIRC, Brookie didn't become a Peer until after the war (the beta version that is, preceeding v.1 and the current v.2)

Notice where the PM has his hat. Probably Number 2's transcriptionist is just off camera bending over to collect her papers.

Normal actions of a healthy, well-bred gentleman. Wot, wot.

< Message edited by Onime No Kyo -- 5/24/2008 6:48:09 PM >

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

Post #: 2314
RE: Lanai Room - 5/24/2008 6:48:02 PM   
timtom

quote:

Notice where the PM has his hat. Probably Number 2's transcriptionist is just off camera bending over to collect her papers.

Erhm, well...

Attachment (1)

Where's the Any key?

Post #: 2315
RE: Lanai Room - 5/24/2008 6:51:46 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

Erhm, well...

Well, Winnie was a rather rough character. There are some rumors that he palled around with Al Capone for a while.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Onime No Kyo -- 5/24/2008 7:00:16 PM >

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to timtom)
Post #: 2316
RE: Lanai Room - 5/25/2008 12:02:37 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

Mandrake has a Stalker Girl. I figured the depths of his depravity (great word ) were obvious to all without being mentioned.

Depravity always deserves to be mentioned!

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 2317
RE: Lanai Room - 5/25/2008 5:39:15 AM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

quote:

Erhm, well...

What the heck is Chiang doing in Casablanca? I wish you guys would tell me these things. Oh well, he has a big smile. Hmmm...I think I'll stop there.

(in reply to timtom)
Post #: 2318
RE: Lanai Room - 5/25/2008 6:56:16 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

What the heck is Chiang doing in Casablanca? I wish you guys would tell me these things. Oh well, he has a big smile. Hmmm...I think I'll stop there.

Please note that he's the only one smiling.

Post #: 2319
RE: Lanai Room - 5/25/2008 8:56:16 AM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

Please note that he's the only one smiling.

He appears to have the biggest hat. I guess it's hat envy.

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 2320
RE: Lanai Room - 5/25/2008 2:28:51 PM   
BrucePowers

Is hat envy a recognized medical condition?

Post #: 2321
RE: Lanai Room - 5/26/2008 12:28:07 PM   
saj42

I can see that WC is looking down at said transcriptionist .
But WHAT is FDR looking UP at and WHY are his hands just so ???

Post #: 2322
RE: Lanai Room - 5/26/2008 7:16:19 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

Well, cooperating on the Manhattan Project is one thing, but sharing cloning technology? I think not. Look at Klaus Fuchs. The Brits have more closet Commies than a Global Cooling rally in Berkley. Imagine if the Russkis got ahold of cloning

Can you say Lenin 2?

Well, that COULD explain the Stalin quints...

"Stalin quints"

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 2323
RE: Lanai Room - 5/26/2008 7:19:56 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tallyho!

I can see that WC is looking down at said transcriptionist .
But WHAT is FDR looking UP at and WHY are his hands just so ???

You mean Number 2? I think he is just trying to work on his haughty, patrician, chin-up posture.

His hands? I don't know. It's just too horrible to contemplate. You know what Sherman said (the General not the tank).

PS...we are waiting on a turn back from John. I think an alternate reality where Iwo Jima is under attack has moved to center stage on his agenda.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 5/26/2008 7:21:36 PM >

(in reply to saj42)
Post #: 2324
RE: Lanai Room - 5/26/2008 7:26:43 PM   
BrucePowers

I did not know a tank could talk

Post #: 2325
How to succeed at........... - 5/27/2008 6:15:06 PM   
Cap Mandrake

**********Kiska Harobr, 12:20, January 14, 1943***********

On a miserably cold Aleutian day, Lt. Shimoda's dream of using the Empire's latest fighter as a mine-clearing sled comes to a tragic end, and with it, his career.

TF 28 encounters mine field at Kiska Island (92,35)

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
J2M Jack: 1 destroyed

Japanese Ships

MSW Wa 5
MSW Wa 4

Post #: 2326
RE: How to succeed at........... - 5/27/2008 7:02:26 PM   
BrucePowers

Post #: 2327
RE: How to succeed at........... - 5/27/2008 10:02:45 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

**********Kiska Harobr, 12:20, January 14, 1943***********

On a miserably cold Aleutian day, Lt. Shimoda's dream of using the Empire's latest fighter as a mine-clearing sled comes to a tragic end, and with it, his career.

TF 28 encounters mine field at Kiska Island (92,35)

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
J2M Jack: 1 destroyed

Japanese Ships

MSW Wa 5
MSW Wa 4

Post #: 2328
I don't know how to love them...... - 5/28/2008 12:37:48 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 2329
G 131 - 5/30/2008 6:24:25 PM   
Cap Mandrake

I got banned from the Islamic forum again and we can't seem to get any turns back from the bad guys so I had to entertain myself. Fortunately, I received a timely license renewal notice from the DMV.

So I drive down there on a Tuesday morning and there is no line outside. Woot! I go inside and it looks pretty civilized, sort of like a prison infirmary or something. Most of the clients dont speak English but this is Southern California so I am prepared for that. There is even a sign that says "RECEPTION". WOOT! Maybe they hired people let off from Nordstrom's. I walk up the RECEPTION lady. THERE IS NO LINE! WOOT!

"Hi, driver's, license renewal", I say and hand her my form.

"Wait for your number". she says without looking up and hands me a slip.

My joy is crushed by the harsh reality of the system. G 131! HOLY HELL! I do some quick calculations...10 to the 3rd..26 letters in the alphabet...HOLY HELL! That's 26,000! It couldn't be like at the donut shop with the "Please take a number" thing that goes up to 99 and starts over?

"Oh Dear God, please tell me the letter can only be in the first position", I say to myself. God doesn't answer. I am used to that too.

I sit down on a bank of steel framed chairs with enough welded struts to support the Saturn V. NASA surplus? As a state and federal taxpayer I am gratified to see this degree of cooperation. I try to read. It seems like it should be interesting, something on the unique physical and chemical properties of water, but I can't seem to concentrate. I glance around. The "clients" seem extraordinarily cooperative and pacific. Nobody complains. Even the toddlers sit contentedly on their mother's laps. I begin to feel an odd sense of euphoria myself.

"Phhht". My attention is drawn to a small device up at the ceiling. After a few seconds, there is another "Phhht" and faint mist emerges from the device. "Oh", I think to myself, "it's one of those automated room deodorizers". I look down the ceiling line and spot an identical device every 25 feet or so. "Phhht".

"Wow", I'm still thinking to myself, as I recall, "they must have a SERIOUS problem with rats in the roof or something". "WAIT A MINUTE!", I think I said this out loud as my neighbor looks my way slightly worried. "It's that aerosolized fentanyl the Russians invented! The BASTARDS! Dear God, please let them get the dose right."

"Phhht". It seems a bit more powerful this time. I sit down again. "What was I just thinking about?"

I try to read again, "The water molecule is composed of two atoms of Hydrogen and one of....". "Wait, two of what?", I start over. Time passes.

"BONG, G 131 to window 18, G 131 to window 18, K 242 to windown 43.....". "HEY, THAT"S ME!" I find window 18. "THIS IS IT! MY NEW LICENSE!". It's the guy who verifies your information. He looks like Toulouse-Lautrec.

"Is this your correct address, 20....".

"Yes, sir". I try to be really polite. I don't want to blow it now. He starts typing.

"Is there anything you want to change?"

"No, don't think so."

"Are you sure?", he asks and looks up,raising his little Toulouse-Lautrc eybrows.

"What the **** is that supposed to mean?", I think to myself. I feel like giving him a smart ass answer like, "oh yeah...change the eye color to red". I don't do that. I am lamb-like. I think it was the fentanyl.

He tilts his head as if to say, "well?"

"Oh, OK, put down 190".

He smiles in satisfaction and starts typing again. "Take this to window 37A".

I start off in the direction he indicates. "I let the little cretin win.....what window did he say"?....................

I got my new license in the mail. The picture makes it look like I rubbed Wesson oil on my face. I can't let Stalker Girl see it, not after I made so much fun of her picture.

Post #: 2330
RE: G 131 - 5/30/2008 8:58:53 PM   
BrucePowers

Your driver license places in California sound like ours in Florida

< Message edited by BrucePowers -- 5/30/2008 8:59:37 PM >

Post #: 2331
RE: Lanai Room - 5/30/2008 11:47:09 PM   
witpqs

quote:

quote:

IIRC, Brookie didn't become a Peer until after the war (the beta version that is, preceeding v.1 and the current v.2)

Hmmmm. What was she wearing?

Bikini-clad women make men impatient

Post #: 2332
RE: G 131 - 5/31/2008 4:44:53 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

Your driver license places in California sound like ours in Florida

There is a reason for that;

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 5/31/2008 4:46:01 PM >

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 2333
RE: G 131 - 5/31/2008 5:16:15 PM   
BrucePowers

Post #: 2334
Operation You Know What - 6/2/2008 7:45:53 PM   
Cap Mandrake

******************SEAC HQ, Ledo, January 16, 1943****************

Gen. Pownall: <at the head of a conference table> Gentleman, I am sure you were wondering why I called you all here today.

Staffer 1: <excitedly> YES! YES I WAS!

Gen. Pownall: Son, that was meant to be rhetorical.

Staffer 1: Oh, sorry sir. It's just that everyone is so excited about the operation.

Gen. Pownall: What operation is that, son?

Staffer 1: Why, Operation, well, you know, sir <winks>

Gen. Pownall: Is there something in your eye, son?

Staffer 1: Oh, no sir, it's just that I didn't know if we could say, well, you know.. <looks anxious>

Gen. Pownall: No I don't know. Perhaps you should tell me as I seem to be the last to know these things.

Staffer 1: <now more anxious, motions toward open door in the back of the room> Sir, I understood this was on a need to know basis.

Gen. Pownall: It is! I need to know what on the bloody Earth you are talking about.

Staffer 1: Sir, it's the door sir.

Gen. Pownall: Do you mean to tell me you interrupted my presentation over the door?

Staffer 1: Oh no sir. I was just wondering if we should close it for security.

Gen. Pownall: Very well. Master Sargeant...see to it. Now, are there any other questions before I resume?

Staffer 2: Sir? <raises hand>

Gen. Pownall: Yes, Colonel.

Staffer 2: Sir, do you recall when you said your comment was meant to "rhetorical"?

Gen. Pownall: Yes, yes I do. I meant no answer was expected to my question.

Staffer 2: Yes sir. That is my point. Your opening remark was more of a declarative statement than a question. It seems redundant to term it "rhetorical".

Staffer 3: I disagree. <stands> One can certainly use a rhetorical style in a declarative statement. Indeed, most rhetorical utterances are declarative.

Staffer 4: I am with the major on this one. The Colonel is using a very narrow definition of "rhetorical". In fact, if you ask me, the phrase "rhetorical question" is a bit hackneyed.

Staffer 2: <indignantly> HACKNEYED! Do you mean worn out by indulgent overuse? I beg to differ.

Staffer 4: Well, sir. I didn't really mean hackneyed in the NEGATIVE sense, only that its use had become a bit....common.

Staffer 2: COMMON? <begins to move toward staffer 4> I'll show you common.

Gen. Pownall: BOOM! <the room grows quiet save for the ringing sound that all in the room now experience. The General returns his pearl-handled 45, a gift from M&M Enterprises Language Services Division, to its holster> Could we all please return to the bloody topic? Where was I? Ah, yes, I was most keen to talk to you all as I have direct orders from the Prime Minister himself..................

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 6/2/2008 7:48:08 PM >

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 2335
RE: G 131 - 6/3/2008 4:55:11 AM   
USSAmerica

quote:

"Is there anything you want to change?"

"No, don't think so."

"Are you sure?", he asks and looks up,raising his little Toulouse-Lautrc eybrows.

"What the **** is that supposed to mean?", I think to myself. I feel like giving him a smart ass answer like, "oh yeah...change the eye color to red". I don't do that. I am lamb-like. I think it was the fentanyl.

He tilts his head as if to say, "well?"

"Oh, OK, put down 190".

He smiles in satisfaction and starts typing again. "Take this to window 37A".

Oh my God! I am sure to bust some of my stitches from having my tonsils out last Thursday!

Cap, I would hate to see what you would turn out if you were ever really bored!

Mike

Post #: 2336
RE: Operation You Know What - 6/3/2008 5:01:22 AM   
USSAmerica

quote:

******************SEAC HQ, Ledo, January 16, 1943****************

Gen. Pownall: <at the head of a conference table> Gentleman, I am sure you were wondering why I called you all here today.

Staffer 1: <excitedly> YES! YES I WAS!

Gen. Pownall: Son, that was meant to be rhetorical.

Staffer 1: Oh, sorry sir. It's just that everyone is so excited about the operation.

Gen. Pownall: What operation is that, son?

Staffer 1: Why, Operation, well, you know, sir <winks>

Gen. Pownall: Is there something in your eye, son?

Staffer 1: Oh, no sir, it's just that I didn't know if we could say, well, you know.. <looks anxious>

Gen. Pownall: No I don't know. Perhaps you should tell me as I seem to be the last to know these things.

Staffer 1: <now more anxious, motions toward open door in the back of the room> Sir, I understood this was on a need to know basis.

Gen. Pownall: It is! I need to know what on the bloody Earth you are talking about.

Staffer 1: Sir, it's the door sir.

Gen. Pownall: Do you mean to tell me you interrupted my presentation over the door?

Staffer 1: Oh no sir. I was just wondering if we should close it for security.

Gen. Pownall: Very well. Master Sargeant...see to it. Now, are there any other questions before I resume?

Staffer 2: Sir? <raises hand>

Gen. Pownall: Yes, Colonel.

Staffer 2: Sir, do you recall when you said your comment was meant to "rhetorical"?

Gen. Pownall: Yes, yes I do. I meant no answer was expected to my question.

Staffer 2: Yes sir. That is my point. Your opening remark was more of a declarative statement than a question. It seems redundant to term it "rhetorical".

Staffer 3: I disagree. <stands> One can certainly use a rhetorical style in a declarative statement. Indeed, most rhetorical utterances are declarative.

I was unable to get past Staffer 3, as I had to run to the bathroom and find something to stem the flow of blood from the ruptured stitches on the left side of my throat.

Mike

Post #: 2337
RE: Operation You Know What - 6/3/2008 2:28:45 PM   
rtrapasso

Oh, good one, Mandrake... way to go... killing your readers off by making them laugh to death...

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 2338
the B Ark - 6/3/2008 6:34:43 PM   
Cap Mandrake

**********Operation You Know What Steering Committe Mtg., SEAC HQ, Ledo, Jan. 17, 1943***********

Staffer 3: Right, shall we get started then?

Staffer 2: Yes, please let's.

Staffer 3: Splenid!....Oh dear. I am so sorry, please forgive me.

Staffer 1: May I suggest "superb" sir? It is quite natural.

Staffer 3: Superb suggestion, Major! May I have a motion to formally substitute "superb" for you know what as an offical policy of the steering committee?

Staffer 1: So moved.

Staffer 3: May I have a second?

Staffer 1: Seconded!

Staffer 2: One can't second one's own motion. May I suggest we instruct the secretary to substitute "superb" for "you know what" in the official transcripts.

Staffer 3: Superb idea! I'll second that!

Staffer 2: Generally the committe chairman doesn't second motions neither.

Staffer 3: Perhaps, as there are only 3 of us, we could make some allowance?

Staffer 1: Superb! Let's make that a rule!

Staffer 3: Would you care to make a motion to that effect?

Staffer 1: Yes! So moved.

Staffer 2: Colonel, I believe we haven't yet acted on the Major's original motion.

Staffer 3: Would the secretary please read back the minutes commencing from the start of the meeting.........

Post #: 2339
RE: the B Ark - 6/3/2008 6:39:05 PM   
Terminus

Okay, five-point harness buckled, crash helmet on, ready to go...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

Post #: 2340
Page:   <<   < prev  76 77 [78] 79 80   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Lanai Room Page: <<   < prev  76 77 [78] 79 80   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI