Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hello to everybody.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Hello to everybody. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hello to everybody. - 7/3/2006 6:14:35 PM   
Confusedesh

Hello to everybody had the game for a while just starting looking at it this weekend. Read Raleghs tips. I haven’t really started any game yet just trying to familiarise myself with the interface.

Fiddling with the development screen etc to see what happens. First question of probably many, adjusting what each province produces so that each produces what its good at I noticed that adjusting your agriculture upwards obviously increases food but at a certain point I had three of the population starving yet when I increased agriculture to compensate the starvation number rose to six why is this?

Second question I experimented with improving banks in a province so I assumed that increasing the development slider would speed up their development speed, it appeared to do this say from 7 turns down to 5 turns, does doing this have any other negative consequences besides not having the manpower to invest in some other part of a province.

I recognise that there are other underlining factors at play here so I may be asking simple questions with complicated answers all I need is to be pointed vaguely in the right direction thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Hello to everybody. - 7/4/2006 4:58:06 AM   
Southern Hunter

Increasing agriculture should reduce starvation not increase it. Maybe you chagned something else, like spending smoe of your food on developing farms?

Development slider speeds up development time of whatever you are building. There is no negative, except as you say, not using the men for other things.

(in reply to Confusedesh)
Post #: 2
RE: Hello to everybody. - 7/4/2006 5:41:34 AM   
Budgie

Hello:

Slider adjustments to rebuild a low food supply . May not happen right away.

(Yes enough food for all is being made, but if the overall supply pool is too low. Some of your other people, in other areas may still be starving until supplies redistribute across your nation.)

Nothing seems to happen "right away" across the board and this is very realistic.

Take a look at the terribly slow relief efforts to New Orleans as a real world example of how things work.

Fast Tech build programs for your nation are a continuous slider adjustment game of labor<>development.

Except for not being able to produce many resources and or troops.

I have experienced no ill effects in making continuous adjustments.

In any solo game you will should soon far outstript the AI in tech levels and high tech troop production capacity.

The tips guides advise checking development I believe once a year!

This is perhaps okay if you are in a serious war and need mainly manpower (labor) and have to curtail SOME development to build troops or supply your armies.

But in normal slow paced wars against the AI. I check my slider levels twice a month to ensure that in every area, something being developed And/OR is supplying labor to build a pool for next turns development programs.

Development Goals (as I play it ) are . . .

- Development increase programs never to take more than 6 months.

- Space out if possible for one or two to be completed per turn.

- All areas pop increase as a priorty - Roads and Farms.

Then barracks and factories.

- Selected is one area to be a high quality troop production centre - 10 for barracks and 10 for Factories. (nice if this is a dock area also, if so add goal 10 for docks)

- Bank development, only if return on investment in that area warrants.
Better culture otherwise.

Why? Because one conquered area like Venice or Rome will probably provide more money then all of the rest of your home areas combined. Some areas are super rich. Look for them. PS: same with sea areas for merchant ships.

I Game I Saw I Conquered

"And though the Ferris wheel spins round
my tongue it seems has run aground
and croaks as my befuddled brain
shines on brightly, quite insane "
--Shine On --Shine On --
- Procol Harum

(in reply to Confusedesh)
Post #: 3
RE: Hello to everybody. - 7/5/2006 3:06:35 AM   
Confusedesh

Thanks for that, I will have a look at those areas and see how I get on.

(in reply to Budgie)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Hello to everybody. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI