Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Uninstalled 2005 can't get 2007 to work.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Uninstalled 2005 can't get 2007 to work. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Uninstalled 2005 can't get 2007 to work. - 7/12/2006 5:44:17 PM   
dickysty

Hey Guys been playing 07 since it was available. Needed to clear some hard drive space and uninstalled 05, now I can't get 07 to work at all. I tried uninstalling 07, reinstalling the new patched version, didn't work. Installed the not beta version, no luck.
I get a Run Time error 53 Randomad.dll

Any help would be awesome!
Or I'll be forced to go back to OOTP
Post #: 1
RE: Uninstalled 2005 can't get 2007 to work. - 7/12/2006 7:03:19 PM   
puresimmer

Re-Install the full 1.0 PureSim 2007 and then apply the patch and you should be good to go.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to dickysty)
Post #: 2
RE: Uninstalled 2005 can't get 2007 to work. - 7/12/2006 7:41:04 PM   
dickysty

Thanks for the quick reply!

However it's still not working did exactly what you said to do. the strange things is that in the add and remove program it doesn't even list the game being installed!
I'm really bummed right now, never have I had a problem before today with the game.
I don't know what I did on the unistall of 05 but I must have done something. It did ask about keeping files that maybe shared with other programs and I clicked yes to save,so I guess it may have something to do with that.

anyway I've given up on this for the time being.
Any other help would be awesome as I have no clue what to do next.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 3
RE: Uninstalled 2005 can't get 2007 to work. - 7/13/2006 2:23:33 AM   
SittingDuck

You might want to go in and adjust the registry and eliminate all the PS 2005 & 2007 stuff, making sure you've wiped any portion of it off the disk.  Then reinstall and see if that does the trick.

(in reply to dickysty)
Post #: 4
RE: Uninstalled 2005 can't get 2007 to work. - 7/13/2006 3:07:09 AM   
dickysty

quote:

ORIGINAL: SittingDuck

You might want to go in and adjust the registry and eliminate all the PS 2005 & 2007 stuff, making sure you've wiped any portion of it off the disk. Then reinstall and see if that does the trick.

Can you give me any feedback on how to do that? Sorry I don't have that much computer knowledge.

(in reply to SittingDuck)
Post #: 5
RE: Uninstalled 2005 can't get 2007 to work. - 7/13/2006 3:19:09 AM   
SittingDuck

Hit your StartMenu, then 'Run', and type in regedit

Now you need to be careful doing this stuff! There is no 'Undo' option when you delete a registry directory, just so you know.

Your registry editor will pop up in a window.

Open the HKey_Local_Machine directory
Then Software, then Matrix Games
(that type of location order is referred to as HKey_Local_Machine>Software>Matrix Games, in case you didn't know - just future reference when you see it)

Now select the PS folders. Right-click on them and choose Delete

This should wipe the last vestiges out of the registry. Now try a reinstall of PS2007 and an appropriate patch. Let us know if it helps, please.

(in reply to dickysty)
Post #: 6
RE: Uninstalled 2005 can't get 2007 to work. - 7/13/2006 3:20:43 AM   
SittingDuck

You might try rebooting after you've done that registry change but before you reinstall.

< Message edited by SittingDuck -- 7/13/2006 3:21:00 AM >

Post #: 7
RE: Uninstalled 2005 can't get 2007 to work. - 7/13/2006 3:37:41 AM   
dickysty

quote:

Hit your StartMenu, then 'Run', and type in regedit

Now you need to be careful doing this stuff! There is no 'Undo' option when you delete a registry directory, just so you know.

Your registry editor will pop up in a window.

Open the HKey_Local_Machine directory
Then Software, then Matrix Games
(that type of location order is referred to as HKey_Local_Machine>Software>Matrix Games, in case you didn't know - just future reference when you see it)

Now select the PS folders. Right-click on them and choose Delete

This should wipe the last vestiges out of the registry. Now try a reinstall of PS2007 and an appropriate patch. Let us know if it helps, please.

Undeer the Hkey_Local_Machine directory there really is only one line. I'm assuming because I just uninstalled. The line reads (Default) REG_SZ (value not set). Now if I look under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT there's a lot of lines of Puresim2005 info and Puresim2007. Do I need to anything with that?

Post #: 8
RE: Uninstalled 2005 can't get 2007 to work. - 7/13/2006 3:47:20 AM   
SittingDuck

Under HKey_Local_Machine, is there a Software directory?

(in reply to dickysty)
Post #: 9
RE: Uninstalled 2005 can't get 2007 to work. - 7/13/2006 3:55:13 AM   
dickysty

quote:

Under HKey_Local_Machine, is there a Software directory?

Yes there's a software directory. I found Matrix folder and there is not a puresim folder in there. The only line I see is the one mentioned above under name , type and Data.

Post #: 10
RE: Uninstalled 2005 can't get 2007 to work. - 7/13/2006 5:11:08 AM   
dickysty

Ok so here's the latest.
Nothing in the Registry under Puresim which is very strange. Anyhow installed the game again for the 6th time atleast, check the registry again and there's still nothing under the Matrix folder I would say that's not right.

Couple things I noticed is it doesn't install a shortcut to the desktop and when I update with the newest patch it doesn't say that I had a different version as I remember from the past.
Well I've given it my best shot, like all fricken day and nothing so I'm signing off for awhile. Hopefully not for the duration of my laptop,it's only 2 years old.

Atleast I still have OOTP and Mogul, more I think about the more pissed I become!

(in reply to dickysty)
Post #: 11
RE: Uninstalled 2005 can't get 2007 to work. - 7/13/2006 5:13:09 AM   
SittingDuck

Weird.  Let it rest until Shaun can address it.  That install sounds very messed up.

(in reply to dickysty)
Post #: 12
RE: Uninstalled 2005 can't get 2007 to work. - 7/13/2006 2:17:43 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: dickysty

Ok so here's the latest.
Nothing in the Registry under Puresim which is very strange. Anyhow installed the game again for the 6th time atleast, check the registry again and there's still nothing under the Matrix folder I would say that's not right.

Couple things I noticed is it doesn't install a shortcut to the desktop and when I update with the newest patch it doesn't say that I had a different version as I remember from the past.
Well I've given it my best shot, like all fricken day and nothing so I'm signing off for awhile. Hopefully not for the duration of my laptop,it's only 2 years old.

Atleast I still have OOTP and Mogul, more I think about the more pissed I become!

OK, lets start from the beginning. After you install the original 1.00 full release does the game create registry and shortcut entries? If so, I'd attempt to run PureSim directly from the folder it is installed to (by double clicking the PureSim2k7.exe)

Does that launch the game? I'll also put debug code in the next patch to see if we can't diagnose exactly what is failing. I'm sorry for your troubles.

(in reply to dickysty)
Post #: 13
RE: Uninstalled 2005 can't get 2007 to work. - 7/13/2006 7:22:34 PM   
dickysty

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: dickysty

Ok so here's the latest.

OK, lets start from the beginning. After you install the original 1.00 full release does the game create registry and shortcut entries? If so, I'd attempt to run PureSim directly from the folder it is installed to (by double clicking the PureSim2k7.exe)

Does that launch the game? I'll also put debug code in the next patch to see if we can't diagnose exactly what is failing. I'm sorry for your troubles.

That's the strange thing the install seems to go fine but it does not create registry or shortcut. I always have to go into the folder to click on the .exe but that is when I get the error message, error 53 randomad.dll missing.

I did somehow find an old version of 2005 to download from the message board hoping if I re-installed it would work but it didn't although I did send you a email with the debug info that it asked for yesterday. Don't know if you received it but it had a ton of info.

Thanks again Shaun for helping out, love the game and I'm sure we'll figure it out!

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 14
RE: Uninstalled 2005 can't get 2007 to work. - 7/14/2006 2:23:04 AM   
SittingDuck

I found that file in my PS folder.  Does yours have it?  If not, PM me with your email address and I'll throw it your way.  It goes in the main PS directory.

(in reply to dickysty)
Post #: 15
RE: Uninstalled 2005 can't get 2007 to work. - 7/14/2006 2:43:11 AM   
dickysty

quote:

I found that file in my PS folder.  Does yours have it?  If not, PM me with your email address and I'll throw it your way.  It goes in the main PS directory.

PM sent!

Thanks again!

Post #: 16
RE: Uninstalled 2005 can't get 2007 to work. - 7/14/2006 7:01:46 PM   
dickysty

quote:

I found that file in my PS folder. Does yours have it? If not, PM me with your email address and I'll throw it your way. It goes in the main PS directory.

SittingDuck thanks again for your efforts, but it didn't work
For some reason just putting the file in the directory doesn't work. I guess it has to be in the install.

I've tried about everything I can with my knowledge at this point. I must have messed up the registry I'm assuming. I just don't understand how if I redownload the game and than do a clean install the file ends up missing? I'm really stumped, I mean I've clean the registry with a clean program , I've run a virus scan, re-installed, un-installed rebooted, done a puresim computer dance, everything possible that I know and nothing changes.

What can I say I've done my best! I'll continue to brows the board and the Internet for a possible solution but I'm not feeling to hopeful at this point.

Lesson learned- if the uninstall program says " do you want to delete some files that maybe shared? always say NO!

Thanks again guys for all your help and any other suggestions you have I will certainly try.

Anyone want to buy a Dell laptop that can't run Puresim?

< Message edited by dickysty -- 7/14/2006 7:02:37 PM >

Post #: 17
RE: Uninstalled 2005 can't get 2007 to work. - 7/14/2006 7:44:43 PM   
puresimmer

Try copying that file into your Windows\System32 folder as well.

This is the most bizarre issue I have ever seen.

(in reply to dickysty)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Uninstalled 2005 can't get 2007 to work. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI