Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Certain units cannot move. Why ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Certain units cannot move. Why ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Certain units cannot move. Why ? - 7/14/2006 4:58:00 PM   
KarlXII

I am sorry if this is a newbie question but that might result in a quick answer ?

Why is it that sometimes units are orangemarked in unit icons and I cannot move them but they have enough movement points (I haven´t moved them!) and are in status entrenched for example (and not routed, retreating or reorganizing) while others still could be moved ? What is happening. Is it too low supply or a quality check, organise check by the unit/formation that fails ?

Thanks all on this forum for all good tips and help.

/KarlXII
Post #: 1
RE: Certain units cannot move. Why ? - 7/14/2006 5:00:38 PM   
KarlXII

It seems to be the whole formation that is affected when it happens. How can I remedy that ?

(in reply to KarlXII)
Post #: 2
RE: Certain units cannot move. Why ? - 7/14/2006 5:09:22 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: karlxii
Why is it that sometimes units are orangemarked in unit icons

I'm thinking the orange marking means that they are in reserve status and will move in a latter turn. The same thing happens to me.

Here's an example:

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 7/14/2006 10:08:46 PM >

(in reply to KarlXII)
Post #: 3
RE: Certain units cannot move. Why ? - 7/14/2006 5:12:05 PM   
Szilard

Check the manual for reorganize/reorganization. It may affect a formation whose units take heavy losses, whose HQ loses command groups, whose force's shock level is less than 100, and probably other stuff I've forgotten.

This is supposed to model <some vaguely defined something-or-other>.

(in reply to KarlXII)
Post #: 4
RE: Certain units cannot move. Why ? - 7/14/2006 5:13:37 PM   
golden delicious

The example Larry used was a formation set to be frozen by the designer. In addition to this, formations are sometimes frozen due to a force shock penalty, or due to heavy losses on the previous turn.

Note that the units of such formations can still be ordered to entrench, or set on reserve status. Actually, this is about the only valuable use for the local reserve setting- as an exploit to activate units which the designer has set not to be available until later in the scenario (since the entire formation is activated the turn after any one unit from the formation moves adjacent to an enemy unit, or is attacked).

The above paragraph doesn't apply to units on garrison status (with the yellow line at the bottom of the icon).

"What did you read at university?"
"War Studies"
"War? Huh. What is it good for?"
"Absolutely nothing."

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 5
RE: Certain units cannot move. Why ? - 7/14/2006 5:27:49 PM   
KarlXII

Ok, thanks. I have battled with some of these formations so I can understand they are in that mode while taking heavy losses. But I also get reinforcements or troops moving along a road that during certatin turns cannot be moved by the same reason and they have not participated in any attack. It says the formation is reorganising. I just don´t know why it is like that and how I can avoid it.

BTW I am playing AXIS in "Last Stand in Africa 1942-1943".

(in reply to golden delicious)
Post #: 6
RE: Certain units cannot move. Why ? - 7/14/2006 5:32:55 PM   
golden delicious

quote:

ORIGINAL: karlxii

Ok, thanks. I have battled with some of these formations so I can understand they are in that mode while taking heavy losses. But I also get reinforcements or troops moving along a road that during certatin turns cannot be moved by the same reason and they have not participated in any attack. It says the formation is reorganising. I just don´t know why it is like that and how I can avoid it.

Are they part of a formation which has other units which are already engaged?

"What did you read at university?"
"War Studies"
"War? Huh. What is it good for?"
"Absolutely nothing."

(in reply to KarlXII)
Post #: 7
RE: Certain units cannot move. Why ? - 7/14/2006 5:55:37 PM   
KarlXII

I get reinforcements (remnants of DAK, chased by 8th army) and whole formations of them could be unmovable from turn to turn. No unit is engaged in combat and they have never been. I only move them through roads. Perhaps it is a scearion feature ? I suppose it is the retreating Rommel Army that I receive as reinforcements....

(in reply to golden delicious)
Post #: 8
RE: Certain units cannot move. Why ? - 7/14/2006 7:03:08 PM   
Boonierat

I think it happens when a formation fails it's proficiency check at the begining of a turn (even if they haven't been engaged in combat). Affects units with low formation proficeincy rating but it won't happen if you turn command & control off.

(in reply to KarlXII)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Certain units cannot move. Why ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI