Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Closing the book on new features for PS 2007

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/28/2006 6:35:38 PM   
puresimmer

If you have a serious AI / balance issue that is really impacting game-enjoyment, could you post it here? PS 2007 is in an extremely stable state and I am looking to transition it to maintenance mode. By "maintenance mode" I mean the game gets no more new features and tweaks, only fixes for crash/game killing bugs.

So before closing the book on PS 2007 I'm putting this "last call" out to make sure I hit any big AI/ balance issues that would entail new development.

I'm starting to gather ideas for PS 2008 and I'm getting excited -- I'll start another thread on that...

Developer, PureSim Baseball
Post #: 1
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/28/2006 6:58:28 PM   
PadresFan104

Ok, I've already posted these in the other threads, but I'll put them here again.

1) With 2 outs, an and error on a play, baserunners are not advancing as if they were off with contact. They are acting as if they were waiting to see if the ball was caught or not. I would consider this an issue for those of us that manage.

2) Ball flight distances when managing a game often don't match the descrption of shallow, normal or deep. This makes it hard to make tag-up and throw-for-the-lead-runner decisions.

3) The feature that allows you to import players a year before they appeared in the big leagues is putting some players at the wrong position. See other threads for details. [edit - already addressed in next patch]

Al

< Message edited by PadresFan104 -- 7/28/2006 7:03:04 PM >

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 2
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/28/2006 7:00:50 PM   
Nukester

Well I was a late comer to the game so I havent done a whole lot of playing yet (by the way, good call with the All-Star break discount.......you brought me in when I may not have done so otherwise, but Im now a fan of the game, and plan to support its future devolpments) so I may not be able to help much since I havent seen many bugs except for the import early thing, which you have fixed already !!

That said, Im not sure if this is a next vrsion request or something you could do for this version (or you could totally ignore it too ;)), but I would love to be able to have the game import real players without a year suffix and have the fictional players have an * n the name. The only way to easily distinguish real and fictional players is to import with the year extension for real player (fictionals have nom year extension added on) but that looks very ugly to me. Keep an option to add the year if you want (for season replays or whatever), but Id like to be able to see it like this:

Babe Ruth
*Joe Blow

instead of

Babe Ruth'15
Joe Blow

Just my 2 cents

I

< Message edited by Nukester -- 7/28/2006 8:15:40 PM >

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 3
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/28/2006 7:03:26 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: PadresFan104

Ok, I've already posted these in the other threads, but I'll put them here again.

Sorry about having to post it twice, this thread will just help me focus on the highest of the high priority.

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 4
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/28/2006 7:29:55 PM   
Rainbow7

Is there any way to address (in this version) the import feature, so that you can swap real world players with younger or older versions of themselves?  As my recent posts can attest, this has caused me no end of frustration with what-if fantasy leagues.

Troubles overcome are good to tell. -Yiddish saying

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 5
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/28/2006 7:50:26 PM   
BleacherBum

CPU Playoff Rosters, and late season callup issue

(in reply to Rainbow7)
Post #: 6
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/28/2006 8:10:43 PM   
verizon32

SLG % career total average is calculating wrong
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1202857

Too many completed games.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1202213

(in reply to BleacherBum)
Post #: 7
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/28/2006 8:17:11 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rainbow

Is there any way to address (in this version) the import feature, so that you can swap real world players with younger or older versions of themselves?  As my recent posts can attest, this has caused me no end of frustration with what-if fantasy leagues.

How would you want that to work? As a different player, or overwite the existing one? Are you looking for example for something like 2 Nolan Ryans in a league at the same time at different ages?

(in reply to Rainbow7)
Post #: 8
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/28/2006 8:29:21 PM   
verizon32

also if you can add this feature

Have an option to "turn on' modern closer usage later in the career."

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 9
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/28/2006 8:34:46 PM   
Rainbow7

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

Are you looking for example for something like 2 Nolan Ryans in a league at the same time at different ages?

Not for myself, no. I would just want to be able to do a direct swap, maintaining only the single Ryan of my choice.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 10
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/28/2006 8:37:23 PM   
33sherman

quote:

quote:

Are you looking for example for something like 2 Nolan Ryans in a league at the same time at different ages?

Not for myself, no. I would just want to be able to do a direct swap, maintaining only the single Ryan of my choice.

Same here...in order to get by the Babe Ruth pitcher/hitter problem in historical careers.

(in reply to Rainbow7)
Post #: 11
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/28/2006 9:08:29 PM   
BauerPower

I posted this in the 2008 forum, but really it would be great if it was right now.

The ability to to make 3rd base coach decisions. It doesn't make sense to give me the option to advance from 1st to 2nd on a fly ball and not give me the option to advance from 2nd to home on a single.

< Message edited by BauerPower -- 7/28/2006 9:10:23 PM >

(in reply to 33sherman)
Post #: 12
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/28/2006 9:08:39 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: BleacherBum

CPU Playoff Rosters, and late season callup issue

Fixed in v1.25. And thank you very much for taking the time to send me the reproducible case.

(in reply to BleacherBum)
Post #: 13
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/28/2006 9:10:02 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: BauerPower

I posted this in the 2008 forum, but really it would be great if it was right now.

The ability to to make 3rd base coach decisions. It doesn't make sense to give me the option to advance from 1st to 2nd on a fly ball and not give me the option to advance from 3rd to home on a fly ball or 2nd to home on a single.

Great suggestion, but too big for this year. Thanks for posting it in the 2008 thread too.

(in reply to BauerPower)
Post #: 14
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/28/2006 9:11:23 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

quote:

Would you see this overwriting any existing simulated stats / seasons from the player being "replaced" or retaining them?

(in reply to Rainbow7)
Post #: 15
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/28/2006 9:15:02 PM   
BauerPower

No Problem Shaun. I don't want to appear like a buttkissing fanboy, but honestly I try to play OOTP2006, but I just can't click on the icon. It must be my mouse, it just keeps wanting just to go back to PureSim.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 16
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/28/2006 9:16:05 PM   
Rainbow7

Again, speaking for myself, I think I would only do it at the start of an association (before any games played) or, I guess, potentially when a player is first introduced at the start of a season (though I'm not sure about this second one).  Either way, I don't see myself replacing an established player with a different version of himself.

Though I see that others would want to replace an established player (re: Babe Ruth).

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 17
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/28/2006 9:22:56 PM   
BauerPower

The only other thing I can think of is when I have 1st and 3rd and a speedster on 1st and I try to steal, he always gets thrown out. Even if he has speed of 90+ and catcher has a weak arm. It could be coincidence, I have only tried it about 5-10 times but I swear it has never been successful.

(in reply to Rainbow7)
Post #: 18
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/28/2006 9:24:57 PM   
PadresFan104

Ok, just had this brainstorm, and would love to see it get sneaked in under the wire...

We don't have in game box scores yet (a suggestion for 2008), but I'd love the ability to look at my lineup in game and know how they have been doing so far in the game.  Mogul actually does this pretty well with a "0-2, K" or "2-2, 2B, HR"  next to each player on the lineup card, instead of their year to date stats.

How about when you wave the mouse over a player in the lineup card, it would show you that information for a player?  Best of both worlds!! 

(in reply to Rainbow7)
Post #: 19
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/28/2006 9:28:27 PM   
BauerPower

OK I lied, one more thing. When you look at the player's screen and click on the defense ratings button, it displays the player's ratings for each position, blue, black or red. However, in the main game screen if you put your curser over the player when he is not playing at his primary position, the pop up displays different ratings than it does from his player screen, especially true for outfielders when you play a CF at RF. In the player's screen the two ratings will be different, but in the game screen, the player will display the exact same ratings at RF as CF. Which rating does the game go by? This is confusing.

(in reply to BauerPower)
Post #: 20
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/28/2006 9:29:17 PM   
33sherman

quote:

Though I see that others would want to replace an established player (re: Babe Ruth).

Yeah, it's really not a huge deal for me, and Babe Ruth is the only player I've ever needed to do this with. In PS 2005, you just ended up with player cards for two different players who happened to have the same name, which I thought was fine.

The way it is now, if you start an historical association before 1919, you have to leave Babe Ruth as a pitcher for the entirety of his career--which is interesiting, too--but miss out on the batting statistics from a potential all-time home run leader. It really wouldn't be a big deal to me if it was any other player.

< Message edited by 33sherman -- 7/28/2006 9:30:13 PM >

(in reply to Rainbow7)
Post #: 21
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/28/2006 9:33:48 PM   
BauerPower

quote:

Ok, just had this brainstorm, and would love to see it get sneaked in under the wire...

We don't have in game box scores yet (a suggestion for 2008), but I'd love the ability to look at my lineup in game and know how they have been doing so far in the game.  Mogul actually does this pretty well with a "0-2, K" or "2-2, 2B, HR"  next to each player on the lineup card, instead of their year to date stats.

How about when you wave the mouse over a player in the lineup card, it would show you that information for a player?  Best of both worlds!! 

Wow, that's a great suggestion!. I always sim innings 1-5 and play out the rest. I have often thought it would be great to know how my players have done up to this point in the game. Who has the RBIs? etc.

Post #: 22
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/28/2006 9:42:50 PM   
verizon32

On the modify roster and lineup screen

Any chance to add a lefty and righty splits stats filter on the Lineup box vs Lefty and Lineup box vs. righty?

As of now the lineup vs R and lineup vs. L box only shows overall stats.

This way we can filter if we want to see overall stats, vs. lefty stats and vs. righty stats.

(in reply to BauerPower)
Post #: 23
Sposfan's all inclusive wish list! - 7/28/2006 10:01:44 PM   
sposfan

I'm sure some, if not most, of this is for the next version, but I'll summarize quickly and repost in the 2008 thread, so that for sure it's going to be in the right place ONCE! <G>:

• in the pitching register, it has every batter who pinch hit for a pitcher listed there, with all stats obviously zeroed, except for Games which shows the actual total GP. I'm not sure if this is a bug or just the way it was designed.

Would it be possible, to have these players listed as PH (same thing exists I believe in the boxscores as well, but could be wrong, can't check yet since just started the new season) and not show up in the pitching register?

• I'd love to see drag and drop capabilities on the roster screens. to move a guy from 2nd to 9th in the batting order and move everyone else up, I have to move him spot by spot down the order, one spot at a time.

If drag and drop isn't possible, or is too much too add easily, I'd like to be able to insert a player in a lineup/bullpen spot and be able to exchange 2 players in the lineup/bullpen/rotation

• Would it be possible to have an option of showing the pitchers hitting stats as a group or as individuals?

• scrollable PBP

• Ability to view boxscore/gamelog during a game.

• Any chance of perhaps getting a team's magic number included in the standings?

• using beta 1.17 and later that using the keypad, the #2 button does not attempt a steal of second, but rather a sac bunt. Quite a nasty surprise Any chance of being able to use the keypad instead of the numbers on the top of the keyboard?

• MOST IMPORTANTLY:   I've been playing Puresim since year one and with this newest version, I am going to have to request that you somehow find a way to add more hours to my day!

< Message edited by sposfan -- 7/29/2006 12:04:45 AM >

(in reply to verizon32)
Post #: 24
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/28/2006 11:37:27 PM   
PadresFan104

quote:

ORIGINAL: BauerPower

quote:

We don't have in game box scores yet (a suggestion for 2008), but I'd love the ability to look at my lineup in game and know how they have been doing so far in the game. Mogul actually does this pretty well with a "0-2, K" or "2-2, 2B, HR" next to each player on the lineup card, instead of their year to date stats.

How about when you wave the mouse over a player in the lineup card, it would show you that information for a player? Best of both worlds!!

Wow, that's a great suggestion!. I always sim innings 1-5 and play out the rest. I have often thought it would be great to know how my players have done up to this point in the game. Who has the RBIs? etc.

I think we're gonna be happy with the upcoming patch Bauer...

(in reply to BauerPower)
Post #: 25
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/28/2006 11:38:53 PM   
Claymore Cut

A couple gfrom other threads that were never answered, which I continue to have problems iwth in sandlot mode:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Claymore Cut

A problem I have noticed in sandlot mode is that some of the time if you delete a player, then re-import him (for instance, you might put him on the wrong team) you get a run time error that locks up the game. This has happened to be several times. I am running beta patch 1.18

Thanks!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Claymore Cut

Importing players to a specifice team in Puresim can be a bit tricky. The problem is, only the city of the teams are listed, so if you have multiple teams in the same city, it can get very confusing as to where you put the player. I even tried to change the city for Example to New York AL and NL, but on the import player screen it still came up as New York.

Would there be any way to list the Nickname along with the city to allow users to import players to teams a little easier?

Thanks!

Post #: 26
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/29/2006 12:02:16 AM   
DonBraswell

I may have missed some one posting this but....... on two base errors every time I've seen it the runner/batter only takes one base.
Don

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 27
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/29/2006 12:27:20 AM   
PadresFan104

quote:

ORIGINAL: DonBraswell

I may have missed some one posting this but....... on two base errors every time I've seen it the runner/batter only takes one base.
Don

That was fixed in the latest patch, at least it was for me and at least one other user.

(in reply to DonBraswell)
Post #: 28
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/29/2006 12:31:32 AM   
akcranker

quote:

We don't have in game box scores yet (a suggestion for 2008), but I'd love the ability to look at my lineup in game and know how they have been doing so far in the game. Mogul actually does this pretty well with a "0-2, K" or "2-2, 2B, HR" next to each player on the lineup card, instead of their year to date stats.

How about when you wave the mouse over a player in the lineup card, it would show you that information for a player? Best of both worlds!!

I've requested this long time ago. Would love to have this. Also I would like to see the stats being updated during the game. Like RH batters may be 3 - 20 against a pitcher at the beginning of the game, I'd like to see that updated to where he's 3 - 21 and then 4 - 21 etc.. Same with batters I would like to see their 45 - 90 vs RH part updated during game.

I love that magic number on standings idea!!!

Post #: 29
RE: Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 - 7/29/2006 12:40:11 AM   
Deltadog

Don't believe I saw this above. Fix for the problem on "0" distances being reported for fly/line drive outs to the outfield.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Closing the book on new features for PS 2007 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI