Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Early Import Option

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Early Import Option Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Early Import Option - 7/30/2006 7:36:24 AM   
henry296

I just started an early import career in 1946. Looking at where the CPU put the young players has me a little concerned. Many of the high potential early import guys ended up playing the year in the major leagues. For example, the following players under the age of 22 played the full year with their real first season in paranthesis.

Richie Ashburn (1948)
Yogi Berra (1946, but only 7 games)
Nellie Foxi (1947, but only 3 games with first significant time in 1949)
Eddie Yost (1945, but only 7 games, first significant time in 1947)
Vic Wertz (1947)
Roy Sievers (1949)
Don Mueller (1948)
Jackie Robinson (1947, but is ok due to color barrier)
Duke Snider (1947, not a regular until 1949)
Willie Jones (1947, not a regular until 1949)
Robin Roberts (1948)
Don Newcombe (1949)
Bobby Shantz (1949)
Bob Rush (1948)
Carl Erskine (1948)

I'm worried that their ratings are being diminished enough so that rookies do spend some time in the majors. I'm also worried it might have a big impact on their development.

Has anyone played a significant career using the early import option that can report back on player development.

Thanks
Todd
Post #: 1
RE: Early Import Option - 7/30/2006 8:18:12 AM   
KG Erwin

Henry, I just started a draft league with some of these guys, and several on your list were picked by my Pirates.    Ashburn, Berra, Roberts and Wertz are all starters on my team.   These kids had the numbers to earn spots as starters, so I had no compunctions about putting them in my lineups. 

If you want results, you'll have to wait awhile, as I manage each game as my team.    

(in reply to henry296)
Post #: 2
RE: Early Import Option - 7/30/2006 3:45:58 PM   
rowech

I think you have to look at the team's situation.  Are these the best players at those positions for those teams?  If so, certainly they'll start. 

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 3
RE: Early Import Option - 7/30/2006 4:05:44 PM   
henry296

I don't have any question with the decision to play these guys.  Some of them are struggling a bit but their ratings justify the starting position.  My thought is that if we want to keep this "realistic" they might be overrated relative to their "true" ratings in 1946.  I can forsee a situation where Mays and Mantle debut in 1949 instead of 1951 which might increase the number of years that they play.

(in reply to rowech)
Post #: 4
RE: Early Import Option - 7/30/2006 6:08:29 PM   
Nukester

In my early import tests Ive noticed that some of the rookies are placed in the majors, but I havent seen a case where there were enough of them to worry me. Ive seen maybe 2 or 3 on a team (of course I havent looked at every single team every single time)

(in reply to henry296)
Post #: 5
RE: Early Import Option - 7/30/2006 7:20:00 PM   
33sherman

Yeah, I notice that guys like Ty Cobb and Tris Speaker are starting a couple years early, but as long as they're guys like that I don't mind them getting the extra ABs.

The pitching ratings thing that's been mentioned is definitely a little weird--though I notice it isn't really affecting statistics all that much--good pitcher are still good pitchers, even after the 30+ point drop in ratings.

(in reply to Nukester)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Early Import Option Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI