Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Modding Battles in Italy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles In Italy >> Modding Battles in Italy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Modding Battles in Italy - 7/30/2006 10:18:14 PM   
Peeking Duck?

Hi,

Sorry to post a new thread if this has already been covered...

I was thinking about purchasing this game but the fonts are particulary worrisome to me. How easily can the in game fonts be changed?

cheers,
Peek
Post #: 1
RE: Modding Battles in Italy - 7/30/2006 11:02:18 PM   
JSS

Someone from the support staff will have to answer this definitively but it seems to me like you could change these with a little effort (never considered doing this before).

What part/area of the fonts concerns you?

(in reply to Peeking Duck?)
Post #: 2
RE: Modding Battles in Italy - 1/14/2007 10:17:22 PM   
Big B

Hi,

I am very interested in buying this game. I see it comes with an editor. I am seriously into modding War in the Pacific (art and scenaio/Data Base) - I have a couple of questions about B-i-I,
1) what is the maximum scenario length possible in B-i-I?
2) How powerful is the Editor itself? Can it define new units, moral/experience, supply, arrival/withdrawl, etc?

I want to put together a scenario that goes from the invasion of Sicly to Rome (300 days?)

Hope to hear back -

Big B (Brian)

< Message edited by Big B -- 1/14/2007 10:30:12 PM >

(in reply to Peeking Duck?)
Post #: 3
RE: Modding Battles in Italy - 1/14/2007 11:30:41 PM   
JSS

Brian,

Editor is almost unlimited in its flexibility and power.   Designer has total control over supply (source location, availibility in each type of terrain, effect of road network, distribution range, delivery rate to unit, unit stockage levels, etc..).   You can define new units and individually assign them strengths, anti-tank capability, mobility, experience level, and a number of other factors... one of which is the unit's graphic appearance.  You can have a unit change its basic values during the course of a game (this must occur on a pre-specified date).   Designer has total control over arrival date/location... you can also have conditions-based arrivals (alert units).   Additionally the designer sets which sea hexes can be used for invasion of the Italian Mainland... to include whether a specific unit can load up in amphibious mode for the follow on invasion (one of the unit's settings).

Scenario length is at your descretion (longest scenario available covers ~2 1/2 years).  Game's only limit is that you have 80 turns maximum per scenario.  There are two scenarios available now that take the invasion from 10 Jul thru ~30 Sep 43 (1 day per turn).  It would be relatively easy to modify the movement values to change from 1 day per turn to 1/2 week per turn to fit your concept.

JSS

(in reply to Big B)
Post #: 4
RE: Modding Battles in Italy - 1/15/2007 3:55:49 AM   
Big B

quote:

ORIGINAL: JSS

Brian,

Editor is almost unlimited in its flexibility and power. Designer has total control over supply (source location, availibility in each type of terrain, effect of road network, distribution range, delivery rate to unit, unit stockage levels, etc..). You can define new units and individually assign them strengths, anti-tank capability, mobility, experience level, and a number of other factors... one of which is the unit's graphic appearance. You can have a unit change its basic values during the course of a game (this must occur on a pre-specified date). Designer has total control over arrival date/location... you can also have conditions-based arrivals (alert units). Additionally the designer sets which sea hexes can be used for invasion of the Italian Mainland... to include whether a specific unit can load up in amphibious mode for the follow on invasion (one of the unit's settings).

Scenario length is at your descretion (longest scenario available covers ~2 1/2 years). Game's only limit is that you have 80 turns maximum per scenario. There are two scenarios available now that take the invasion from 10 Jul thru ~30 Sep 43 (1 day per turn). It would be relatively easy to modify the movement values to change from 1 day per turn to 1/2 week per turn to fit your concept.

JSS

You have won me over!!!

Is there a snowball's chance in he11 that the max scenario length can be raised over 80 turns? (future patch?)

B

(in reply to JSS)
Post #: 5
RE: Modding Battles in Italy - 1/16/2007 3:29:21 AM   
JSS

Excellent!  Post here or at Run5 if you have any questions.

(in reply to Big B)
Post #: 6
RE: Modding Battles in Italy - 1/16/2007 5:49:31 AM   
Big B

quote:

ORIGINAL: JSS

Excellent! Post here or at Run5 if you have any questions.

Thank you, I have already posted to Run 5 (rather presumptuously ) to earnestly request a patch to allow scenario maximum turn length expanded past 80 turns, to allow for long campaigns....

The thing is, after War in the Pacific - 80 turns is just getting started for a good long PBEM, and one day turns work nicely ...

B

(in reply to JSS)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles In Italy >> Modding Battles in Italy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI