Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: A moving experience

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> RE: A moving experience Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: A moving experience - 10/31/2006 3:15:04 AM   
Sonny

I was moving from a job in Baltimore to one in Cleveland.

[/quote]

Out of the frying pan into the fire?

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 31
RE: A moving experience - 10/31/2006 3:17:37 AM   
Gil R.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sonny

I was moving from a job in Baltimore to one in Cleveland.

Out of the frying pan into the fire?

It's okay -- I'm living and working in a nice neighborhood now, and the same was true of Baltimore.

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 32
RE: A moving experience - 10/31/2006 7:36:14 AM   
Jonathan Palfrey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.
No, I wasn't moving home (as in moving back in with my parents). I was moving from a job in Baltimore to one in Cleveland. But that's in the distant past now.

I just didn't want anyone thinking I still live with my parents. (Not that there's anything wrong with that, I'll hastily add, knowing that this forum is visited by gamers...)

"The past few days" is "the distant past"? You have an unusual sense of time.

Don't worry, I never imagined you were living with your parents. It's more than three decades since I was living with my parents, so the idea doesn't occur to me. Mind you, some people go on living with their parents for a long time, especially in some countries (such as Spain and Italy).

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 33
RE: A moving experience - 10/31/2006 8:30:29 AM   
Gil R.

My original message about moving was written back in August, which is now long past.

You're right about living at home being common in different cultures. A friend of mine married a Brazilian, and it took her a while to get used to the idea that he still lived with his parents even though he was in his thirties.

(in reply to Jonathan Palfrey)
Post #: 34
RE: A moving experience - 10/31/2006 10:56:53 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

I personally would like to see a somewhat detailed naval aspect, especially a river campaign as mentioned earlier although, I have the utmost faith that these guys will put their best foot forward considering the detail shown in other areas of the game. Too early to come to a conclusion without having played it.

Alas, the funny thing is that eventually if one is lucky enough the parents come to live with you. Boy, I cannot wait to say to my father;'as long as you live under my roof mister.....'

Mo reb

PS. Am I the only one who types a reply and then re-reads it wondering what the heck my point was?

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 35
RE: A moving experience - 10/31/2006 11:03:09 AM   
Jonathan Palfrey

Oh, I see. Thanks for the explanation. The dates of messages aren't very prominent on this forum, and I always have a little trouble anyway in interpreting the weird American way of writing dates. I was brought up with the British way (day-month-year) and now prefer to use the international standard way (year-month-day).

Staying longer with your parents makes more practical sense the higher the cost of accommodation in relation to income.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> RE: A moving experience Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI