Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Quick Healer

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Quick Healer Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Quick Healer - 8/6/2006 5:58:09 AM   
henry296

I thought the quick healing bug had been fixed.

However, I had a player with a rotator cuff injury on September 1st. After that game it said he would be healed in 11 days. I moved him to the bullpen and said don't play him. It is now September 10th and he is feeling great.
Post #: 1
RE: Quick Healer - 8/6/2006 6:10:41 AM   
SittingDuck

Well, that is OK.  The 11 day thing is just a blanket estimate.  The player's internal values affect his healing rate, I believe.  At least in earlier versions this was true.

However, we are looking for the 15 days healed in 2 days kind of thing.  That player you cited was only off the estimate by a few days.

(in reply to henry296)
Post #: 2
RE: Quick Healer - 8/6/2006 6:49:52 AM   
henry296

The only thing is since I sim weeks at a time, I don't know when he was healed.

(in reply to SittingDuck)
Post #: 3
RE: Quick Healer - 8/6/2006 3:55:53 PM   
SittingDuck

Right.

Just had a 13-game minor injury estimate.  Benched the dude in the bullpen (he's a reliever) and two days later he is healed.

(in reply to henry296)
Post #: 4
RE: Quick Healer - 8/6/2006 4:17:56 PM   
puresimmer

AArrggghhh!

I know I fixed one root cause of this, but obviously there is another lingering situation somewhere....

We're down to a list of issues that are such a pain because they are spurious :(

Developer, PureSim Baseball

Post #: 5
RE: Quick Healer - 8/7/2006 3:48:00 AM   
henry296

Just saw it with a non pitcher.  Ralph Kiner got a 10 day minor injury on May 27th.  On June 1st, he was perfectly healthy.  I kept him in the lineup while hurt. 

Is the # of days an estimate or is it pretty fixed?

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 6
RE: Quick Healer - 8/9/2006 2:43:55 AM   
SittingDuck

Shaun, I have got a saved assn for you with this issue for you to track. Using v1.31 beta.

Russ Snyder of the O's goes down with a 3-week injury. I have him locked on the bench. I simmed three days, went back and he is fine and schmandy dandy.

So should I post it up on yousendit.com? I've got it archived right after he has been injured.

< Message edited by SittingDuck -- 8/9/2006 2:44:08 AM >

(in reply to henry296)
Post #: 7
RE: Quick Healer - 8/9/2006 2:52:15 AM   
SittingDuck

I also think this helps explain, in a partial way, why you see guys on the DL initially who heal quickly and then have to wait 9-10 days to come off the 15-day DL.  

Post #: 8
RE: Quick Healer - 8/9/2006 5:17:13 AM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: SittingDuck

Shaun, I have got a saved assn for you with this issue for you to track. Using v1.31 beta.

Russ Snyder of the O's goes down with a 3-week injury. I have him locked on the bench. I simmed three days, went back and he is fine and schmandy dandy.

So should I post it up on yousendit.com? I've got it archived right after he has been injured.

Oh man, I'd kill for this one. Please send it asap!

Developer, PureSim Baseball

Post #: 9
RE: Quick Healer - 8/9/2006 3:08:40 PM   
SittingDuck

ok, I'm off today so I'll upload it right now.

thought I'd let you know, I reran the psa and found the following:

Start: Snyder on bench with 3 week injury

Simmed one day - injury display changed to 2 weeks (could have just been the range expression)
Simmed one more day - same display
Simmed one more day - same
Set up a three day sim - he was cured

Right after, a pitcher named Brabender (who is injury-prone; Snyder is somewhat, too) got injured - 2 week injury
Benched him and did a three day sim (IIRC) - healed. It might have been a one day sim - can't recall - but I do remember he was instamatically healed. If it is a 2-3 week injury, he always heals ultrafast.

Then Brooks got a 15-day injury. Brooks doesn't get injured much. Benched him and he only progressed day by day. Neither do Boog or Frank get injured that much, and when they do, they take the full amount of time to heal, regardless of injury length.

Finally, SP Steve Barber (a true injury hound - is it raining outside? well he probably got hit with a raindrop and is now injured) gets injured again. I always bench him and a day later he is always healed.

But I'll say this - I've never tried it with a 4-week or longer injury. I always DL them on those, so not even sure if that would work. It might be a good idea to try.

So not sure if durability is a factor here in the healing process. Truthfully, my money is on that.

I am doing Rapidshare since I don't have your email. Link below:
http://rapidshare.de/files/28757711/Snyder_Injury.rar

< Message edited by SittingDuck -- 8/9/2006 3:18:27 PM >

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 10
RE: Quick Healer - 8/9/2006 6:08:35 PM   
henry296

SittingDuck,

Can you check to see if they entered a game before they were healed?  Perhaps it is still the receive another injury causing the healing.

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Quick Healer Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI