Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Lahman Database

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Lahman Database Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lahman Database - 8/6/2006 5:43:36 PM   
ffp7175

If i wanted to add a player to the lahman database, do i just go to the bottom of each file and add the player and his stats accordingly or is there some other method

any help would be appericated

thanks
Ridge
Post #: 1
RE: Lahman Database - 8/6/2006 6:53:10 PM   
Deltadog

In another thread, I believe that Shaun said the lahman db was not editable?

(in reply to ffp7175)
Post #: 2
RE: Lahman Database - 8/6/2006 6:54:04 PM   
Nukester

Its a little different for this game than it is for the other game (I answered your question there also). For PureSim, you still only need to add the record to the bottom of the important files. As long as the playerid is unique it should be ok.

The only thing is, PureSim does some other stuff with the Lahman DB in order to setup the files for use with the game (the other game doesnt do anything special with the database so just adding in the player will work fine). Im not sure how adding a player into the PureSim DB will effect anything (if at all). It may not work at all with this game if the DB is uneditable.

Ive been trying to get more information about the PureSim database, but the information is extremely slow coming

< Message edited by Nukester -- 8/6/2006 6:56:23 PM >

(in reply to ffp7175)
Post #: 3
RE: Lahman Database - 8/6/2006 7:23:46 PM   
puresimmer

PureSim 2007 does not support edits to the Lahman database at this time. I may look into adding that in next year's version.

PureSim created and populated additional tables that ship with it's copy of Lahman, these special tables are read by PureSim, in many cases instead of reading the standard Lahman tables.

If you make edits you will risk crashing the game.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to Nukester)
Post #: 4
RE: Lahman Database - 8/6/2006 7:31:42 PM   
Nukester

Being able to edit the database would be a tremendous help for those of us trying to run historical simulations. All kinds of things can be done with the DB which could make for some interesting historical scenarios. I now understand that it is not editable for this version of PureSim, so Im going to stop any kind of DB work Ive been trying to accomplish.

Disappointing ? Yes. So I think this would be a HUGE addition to the next version

< Message edited by Nukester -- 8/6/2006 7:32:29 PM >

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Lahman Database Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI