Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question about Hit and Run

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Question about Hit and Run Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question about Hit and Run - 8/8/2006 3:28:53 AM   
donkuchi19

I like to use the Hit and Run play. I have noticed however that whenever the batter strikes out, the runner is ALWAYS thrown out. Has anyone ever seen a runner safe on a hit and run when the batter strikes out? (BTW: It doesn't seem to matter what speed the runner has. I have had runners with speeds in the 40's as well as in the 90's and even my one with a 100)

Is this a bug???

< Message edited by donkuchi -- 8/8/2006 3:29:12 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Question about Hit and Run - 8/8/2006 3:35:53 AM   
akcranker

Yea I've noticed the same thing.

(in reply to donkuchi19)
Post #: 2
RE: Question about Hit and Run - 8/8/2006 3:54:29 AM   
KG Erwin

Nope. I've had some success, but you can't regard it as a sure thing.  Just check the percentages of suceess, guys. Compare the opponents' arms and range against your runners' speed ability, plus the contact ability of your hitter.   The numbers should give you an idea of your chances to pull it off.  

I'm NOT a great in-game manager, but I try to play it as if it was a real-life game.   That's all you gotta do.   You play the percentages and take your chances.   You elect whether to play conservatively or go for broke.  

I LOVE the in-game management.  For me, this is what it's all about.  It may be 140 or 154 or 162 games, but EVERY game matters.   That's the way I play. 

Think about it -- that game you win in April might make all the difference when September comes. 

(in reply to akcranker)
Post #: 3
RE: Question about Hit and Run - 8/8/2006 4:59:36 AM   
jono

I've had a few runners safe with a strikeout on a hit and run play.  I attribute the low success rate of the steal in this situation to the fact that in a straight steal you get to pick the pitch you steal on and in a hit and run you're running on the pitch the coaches call the play on.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 4
RE: Question about Hit and Run - 8/8/2006 7:43:47 AM   
Amaroq

I, too, have seen runners safe - just don't expect a Speed 40 guy to be able to pull it off.

(in reply to jono)
Post #: 5
RE: Question about Hit and Run - 8/8/2006 7:25:58 PM   
PadresFan104

I don't think I've ever seen a runner safe after a H&R strikeout, and I generally only put the play on with a 7,8,9 speed runner on first.

(in reply to Amaroq)
Post #: 6
RE: Question about Hit and Run - 8/8/2006 7:27:57 PM   
scott32671

i had not had any success with this in the past but just last night i tried a hit and run in the bottom of the 9th, tied 2-2, and my batter K'd and Andy Pafko stole second base, only to score on the next pitch to the new batter Ernie Banks!!!! Go Cubbies!!! But that was the first time, so i would think it DOES happen, but you got to be on the favorable side of the odds. Keep trying, don't loose your aggresivness, it wins ball games!

(in reply to donkuchi19)
Post #: 7
RE: Question about Hit and Run - 8/9/2006 4:07:21 PM   
torque561

I've had instances where the runner is safe. I do think they're thrown out a bit too much, but not always.

(in reply to donkuchi19)
Post #: 8
RE: Question about Hit and Run - 8/9/2006 6:10:00 PM   
henry296

Scott,

In your sim was Ernie Banks imported as a Shortstop?  In my 1950 sim, he is now a first baseman.  I'd like to change him to SS and will do that if you give me his fielding ratings for SS.  Right now they are very poor as a first baseman.

(in reply to torque561)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Question about Hit and Run Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI