Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Should I buy Puresim or OOTP?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> The Locker >> Should I buy Puresim or OOTP? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Should I buy Puresim or OOTP? - 8/11/2006 4:36:14 AM   
marcntx

Ok. I've played the demo and I can't decide if I should buy this or OOTP. There's things in both that I like a lot, so it's becoming a harder decision than I thought. I would love to get everyone's input on what they like and don't like about this game. I'm on the fence and really can't decide. Thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: Should I buy Puresim or OOTP? - 8/11/2006 5:09:53 AM   
PadresFan104

If you like managing individual games, PureSim is much more fun to play. Ball flight graphics are fun, and the sound adds to the immersion factor. And the umpire is spectacular.

(in reply to marcntx)
Post #: 2
RE: Should I buy Puresim or OOTP? - 8/11/2006 6:32:25 AM   
Hitandrun

I have to agree with Padres Fan. If you like to manage games, Puresim is the best and most fun. Puresim's main weakness is that the offseason processing takes awhile. If on the other hand you simply wish to sim a lot of games, I would recommend Baseball Mogul over OOTP. I used to only play OOTP, but I now believe Puresim is the best, Baseball Mogul #2, both now are better than OOTP, in my opinion.

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 3
RE: Should I buy Puresim or OOTP? - 8/11/2006 5:16:29 PM   
marcntx

I'm not into the off-season stuff. I prefer to do replays with the Indians of the 70's and 80's. I like having the player faces on the field in OOTP, but I like the gameplay options of PureSim better. In OOTP, I can't stand having a flyball go to the outfield and I don't have the option to at least try to throw the guy out. I love that option in PureSim.

BTW, I cant' seem to get the player photos to work in the PureSim demo. Does anyone know if the player photos are disabled in the demo? I would like to see how the game looks with photos. I used the option to assign random photos and it says 400 were assigned, but I don't see them anywhere. Thanks.

(in reply to marcntx)
Post #: 4
RE: Should I buy Puresim or OOTP? - 9/1/2006 4:09:02 AM   
643DoublePlay

BUY OOTP!! They support their customers more than Matrix does!!

I have paid for and and been a user of PureSim Baseball 2005 Gold Edition since February 2005. I paid for this game and have the serial number and original e mail confirming my purchase. Recently my laptop blew up and I lost everything on the hard drive. I am reinstalling everything, everything that is EXCEPT PureSim 2005.

Nowehere on this web site can you download older versions of the game - only the latest version, 2007. Why??? Take a look at the OOTP website and you can download all of their earlier versions, but Matrix does not provide the same customer service to its existing customers.

Matrix needs to provide links to the older versions of its games to accomodate existing customers.

(in reply to marcntx)
Post #: 5
RE: Should I buy Puresim or OOTP? - 9/1/2006 4:14:46 AM   
bobsayah

643, I believe you are misinformed

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/puresimbaseball/PureSim2005Gold-UpdateRelease-v120.zip

(in reply to 643DoublePlay)
Post #: 6
RE: Should I buy Puresim or OOTP? - 9/1/2006 4:35:06 AM   
643DoublePlay

This download says "This update requires PureSim Baseball 2005 Gold Edition v1.0 in order to be installed" so I am no better off.

(in reply to bobsayah)
Post #: 7
RE: Should I buy Puresim or OOTP? - 9/1/2006 5:26:11 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: 643DoublePlay

This download says "This update requires PureSim Baseball 2005 Gold Edition v1.0 in order to be installed" so I am no better off.

You are a registered owner of PS 2005? Alright, PS 2007 requires a new purchase. I bought the game again, and have no problems with support.

You prefer OOTP? Fine.

However, the support for Pure Sim, both from the designer and from the users, is unsurpassed.

Your earlier post revealed what your purpose was. We don't need, or want, that sort of partisan spamming here.

In other words, f*ck off.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 9/1/2006 5:32:55 AM >

Post #: 8
RE: Should I buy Puresim or OOTP? - 9/1/2006 5:57:52 PM   
643DoublePlay

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin
You are a registered owner of PS 2005? Alright, PS 2007 requires a new purchase. I bought the game again, and have no problems with support.

You prefer OOTP? Fine.

However, the support for Pure Sim, both from the designer and from the users, is unsurpassed.

Your earlier post revealed what your purpose was. We don't need, or want, that sort of partisan spamming here.

In other words, f*ck off.

Read the original message, moron. I purchased PS2005. I have the original registration number and supporting e mail with all purchase details. My laptop crashed and my HD is irretreivable. I want to re-download the game I PAID FOR and had REGISTERED. I CANNOT find PureSim 2005 ver 1.0 on this site anywhere, only the latest version which requires me to repurchase it - and why should I do that??

I also had OOTP which was also purchased and registered but when I went to their website I could download an older version of OOTP, re-register and it runs fine.

So which site offers better service? The one that does not allow you to re-download older versions, or the one that makes this a simple process for people in the same situation that I am in?

You talk tough on message boards, but you are probably someone that still lives with their mommy and daddy and used to ride the short bus to school every day.

< Message edited by 643DoublePlay -- 9/1/2006 5:59:59 PM >

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 9
RE: Should I buy Puresim or OOTP? - 9/1/2006 6:45:06 PM   
David Heath

Hi Guys

Ok let everyone take a step back.  64DoublePlay let me see what we can do for you.  I am not sure if we even have an old copy but I will look.  I highly receommend that everyone back up their software if you are not going to order the Game On Demand. 

David

Post #: 10
RE: Should I buy Puresim or OOTP? - 9/2/2006 1:05:38 AM   
JoeRockhead

I back up all my games and usually patches as well on CD's.
That is the best way in case any mishaps happen.

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 11
RE: Should I buy Puresim or OOTP? - 9/2/2006 1:25:12 AM   
KG Erwin

Sorry, guys. I came off as being overly defensive, so my apologies.

However, Mr. Heath is correct -- having a backup copy is the safest way to go.

For Pure Sim 2008, I'll be sure to order CD on demand.

(in reply to JoeRockhead)
Post #: 12
RE: Should I buy Puresim or OOTP? - 9/2/2006 3:42:59 AM   
643DoublePlay

Apologies for my rant also. Please see my comments here for further explanation of my frustrations with this. I appreciate the offers of assistance I have received.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 13
RE: Should I buy Puresim or OOTP? - 9/11/2006 4:33:42 PM   
chriskelly

I tried the other forum too, w/ the same question.  I'm basically looking for OOTP lite.....realism, but less complication.  I see from the demo that the in-game of puresim is great.  I"m wondering how the AI is, both with trades and decisions, and how free agency and minors systems work.  When I simmed a demo season, I noticed that I could sign my own guys at the end, as long as I offered the asking price.  Is there any service time requirement for a player to become a FA?

Post #: 14
RE: Should I buy Puresim or OOTP? - 10/21/2006 9:50:25 PM   
djcundy

I have used OOTP for the last 2 years and I liked 6.5 over the new version. They went for the glitz with the new verision 2006. I am looking for the most accurate stat-wize game out there is Puresim better than OOTP?

(in reply to marcntx)
Post #: 15
RE: Should I buy Puresim or OOTP? - 10/29/2006 2:53:41 AM   
Sandman62

If you play with fictional players and would like the players to have stats that are in line with actual historical values then Puresim is the best choice.  OOTP is best for quick sims with little variation between seasons unless you tinker with the league totals which are a little confusing.  OOTP 2006 is just too busy for my taste but is ideal if you want to have an ULTIMATE BASEBALL UNIVERSE with multi levels of play.  I prefer simple games.  Historical game players would probably like either Puresim or OOTP 6.5 both have their positives and negatives but since I play only fictional I will only stick by what I actually know to be facts.

BTW, I play using Puresim 2007, ver 1.2.0 and feel that it is very stable and would recommend this.  I still play OOTP 6.5 but have left the community because this game is really not supported by Markus any longer and is not a part of SI.  So the game is a lame duck program.  Still good but will not improve, whereas, Puresim will only get better with each new release.  Also with OOTP 6.5 you would want to have CATOBASE and there are some issues with this program running correctly for everyone, whereas, with Puresim the Almanac has the CATOBASE feel already built into the game.

I hope this helps somewhat.

(in reply to djcundy)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> The Locker >> Should I buy Puresim or OOTP? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI