Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Changing pitchers causing CTD

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Public Beta Feedback >> Changing pitchers causing CTD Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changing pitchers causing CTD - 8/14/2006 7:10:49 PM   
middlega

Problem I first saw develop with v1.29 has continued with v1.31.

Changing pitchers while managing a game is causing a crash to desktop on about 80% of my games.

It seems to be more common with certain relievers (I can't get one of my relievers in while managing a game without causing a crash) but has happened at least once with every member of my bullpen. Even if I manage to make one pitching change, the second change within an inning is crashing me immediately.

There's no error message except the standard Windows "program has encountered a problem and must close" thing, no error message from within the game/related to the game at all.

Sure hope to find a solution for this one since it's pretty much a game killer for me as I play as a hands-on managing for more than half my games each season. So I'm open to suggestions as to causes/cures.
Post #: 1
RE: Changing pitchers causing CTD - 8/15/2006 1:25:34 AM   
Woodruff

Interesting. I routinely sub my pitchers (I'm NOT a very patient manager), and I don't believe this has ever happened to me.

I'm using 1.31 also.

(in reply to middlega)
Post #: 2
RE: Changing pitchers causing CTD - 8/15/2006 2:43:00 AM   
middlega

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woodruff

Interesting. I routinely sub my pitchers (I'm NOT a very patient manager), and I don't believe this has ever happened to me.

I'm using 1.31 also.

It was something that I never saw in 10 seasons until the past couple of weeks (IRL) of playing, and then all of a sudden I start getting zapped. It's occurred over a stretch that included the end of one season & the first half of another, so I don't think it's season related. I'm trying to remember whether it ever happened before I expanded my leagues, I'm not sure but think it started in the second season after expansion so that makes it seem less likely to be related to that either.

I'm stumped, but it'll be a killer for me if I can't get it sorted out.

(in reply to Woodruff)
Post #: 3
RE: Changing pitchers causing CTD - 8/16/2006 8:26:37 PM   
middlega

Bump ... although since it's at the top of the forum already it may not do any good.

C'mon Shaun, suggest something I should try, hook me up with a debug version so you can figure out what's going on, or something.

(in reply to middlega)
Post #: 4
RE: Changing pitchers causing CTD - 8/17/2006 2:57:12 AM   
PadresFan104

Is this still happening with 1.32?  Shaun fixed a number of crashing bugs in this latest patch.

Shaun said he was out of touch on business travel for the next 4 or 5 days, so I'm afraid you'll probably have to be patient waiting for a response directly from him.

(in reply to middlega)
Post #: 5
RE: Changing pitchers causing CTD - 8/17/2006 4:00:15 AM   
middlega

Thanks PadresFan, the out of town info is an item I had missed apparently.

I'm reasonable cool about a delay under that circumstance, I just felt like I was twisting in the wind a bit minus that info.

It has continued with 1.32, but so far after a couple of games tested, it may only be happening in one of my leagues, in an old abandoned career that I opened up I've been able to change pitchers fine.

I'm leaning toward something being corrupted in that particular game save player database. Do you know if there is there anywhere in the game I can do something with the db like a "check for errors" or something?

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 6
RE: Changing pitchers causing CTD - 8/17/2006 4:06:41 AM   
PadresFan104

not that I'm aware of, no. Sorry.

(in reply to middlega)
Post #: 7
RE: Changing pitchers causing CTD - 8/17/2006 5:01:15 AM   
henry296

Jon,

Did you try compacting the database in the Association options?  That might help.

Todd

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 8
RE: Changing pitchers causing CTD - 8/17/2006 6:40:55 AM   
middlega

No, but that's what I was trying to think of/find earlier. I just couldn't recall exactly what I was looking for nor where to find it within the game.

I remembered some previous glitch that was resolved with that method & I'm trying it now.

Thanks, and I'll post back whether it turns out to be the solution.

edit to add: 1 game completed so far, no crash on the first try (and that was replicating the exact same pitching change sequence that had crashed me a couple of hours earlier). My fingers are definitely crossed.

< Message edited by middlega -- 8/17/2006 6:51:09 AM >

(in reply to henry296)
Post #: 9
RE: Changing pitchers causing CTD - 8/17/2006 6:43:54 PM   
middlega

So far, so good. No CTD's since compressing the database.

My thanks to Henry296.

(in reply to middlega)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Public Beta Feedback >> Changing pitchers causing CTD Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI