Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WHY can't you download previous versions????

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> WHY can't you download previous versions???? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WHY can't you download previous versions???? - 9/1/2006 4:06:12 AM   
643DoublePlay

I have paid for and and been a user of PureSim Baseball 2005 Gold Edition since February 2005. I paid for this game and have the serial number and original e mail confirming my purchase. Recently my laptop blew up and I lost everything on the hard drive. I am reinstalling everything, everything that is EXCEPT PureSim 2005.

Nowehere on this web site can you download older versions of the game - only the latest version, 2007. Why??? Take a look at the OOTP website and you can download all of their earlier versions, but Matrix does not provide the same customer service to its existing customers.

Matrix needs to provide links to the older versions of its games to accomodate existing customers.
Post #: 1
RE: WHY can't you download previous versions???? - 9/1/2006 4:12:27 AM   
bobsayah

Isn't this what you are looking for?

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/puresimbaseball/PureSim2005Gold-UpdateRelease-v120.zip

(in reply to 643DoublePlay)
Post #: 2
RE: WHY can't you download previous versions???? - 9/1/2006 4:30:27 AM   
643DoublePlay

I retract my thanks. This download says "This update requires PureSim Baseball 2005 Gold Edition v1.0 in order to be installed" so I am no better off.

< Message edited by 643DoublePlay -- 9/1/2006 4:33:33 AM >

(in reply to bobsayah)
Post #: 3
RE: WHY can't you download previous versions???? - 9/1/2006 6:38:13 PM   
timtellean1

Perhaps if you contacted someone from Matrix Games rather than a rant you may get what you require.

Post #: 4
RE: WHY can't you download previous versions???? - 9/1/2006 8:09:23 PM   
SittingDuck

What a display of childishness.

(in reply to timtellean1)
Post #: 5
RE: WHY can't you download previous versions???? - 9/1/2006 8:14:36 PM   
Woodruff

In fairness, the Matrix website is quite possibly the worst layout of a website I have ever seen.

Trying to find anything on it seems difficult, at best.

(in reply to SittingDuck)
Post #: 6
RE: WHY can't you download previous versions???? - 9/2/2006 3:00:51 AM   
SittingDuck

The point originally made is quite valid, and as you say the Matrix website is set up with tons of redundant looping links where you can chase yourself sick.  I would agree that the PS2005 support situation hasn't been set up well.

Nonetheless, the manner in which this has been addressed is absurd.  There is no call for this.

(in reply to Woodruff)
Post #: 7
RE: WHY can't you download previous versions???? - 9/2/2006 3:39:12 AM   
643DoublePlay

To All: I apologize for the tone of my earlier rant, however in my defense I would say that it was posted out of an incredible amount of frustration, borne not only from the fact that I lost everything on the laptop that died on me, but from the problems I had on this site hunting down the same program that I have (when all is said and done) paid for, and more importantly, enjoyed using for the past 18 months. I go back with PureSim Baseball to long before the days of Matrix games if that's any consolation.

I did make back ups of media files, but not applications. My fault? Yes, but I really don't understand why there doesn't appear to be an archive site here. If Matrix can offer the version 1.21 update on an ftp site, why can't the 1.0 version be housed in the same place? It's no good to anyone unless they have a serial number after all.

So again, my apologies but it seems I am not the only one with some frustrations here.

Post #: 8
RE: WHY can't you download previous versions???? - 9/2/2006 4:43:46 AM   
Woodruff

So have you contacted Matrix yet?

Post #: 9
RE: WHY can't you download previous versions???? - 9/2/2006 4:56:55 AM   
timtellean1

Maybe if people would stop and take a look. Contact the proper person rather then ranting and raving. Its too easy in this world to jump up and down and blame everyone elde.

Post #: 10
RE: WHY can't you download previous versions???? - 9/4/2006 6:11:00 AM   
burbworks

Hey I just had this happen to me this weekend also.  Total bummer, the one thing that brightened my despair was the idea of replaying the seasons I lost, as soon as possible.  But like 643DP, I can't.  Before I got on here, I emailed Shaun asking if there was a way to get '05 1.0. since its not at the Matrix site.  So I'll see what he says, I know he is a busy guy.  Worst case scenario, I guess I could pick up the next copy w/ '06 stats, but of course keeping it out of my mind until that day is going to be difficult.  At least we all got an etiquette lesson!

(in reply to timtellean1)
Post #: 11
RE: WHY can't you download previous versions???? - 9/4/2006 5:32:27 PM   
Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woodruff

So have you contacted Matrix yet?

OMG

Starting a thread addressing his issue on "MATRIX/PURESIM/SUPPORT FOURM is contacting Matrix Einstein

(in reply to Woodruff)
Post #: 12
RE: WHY can't you download previous versions???? - 9/4/2006 7:57:01 PM   
Woodruff

I guess I would disagree. I don't see posting a note in a forum as contacting anyone specifically.

To me, in order to be "contacting Matrix", he should be directly contacting their customer service section from the MatrixGames website.

Posting in a forum is akin to trying to contact President Bush by walking to the White House gate and yelling at him. It might draw some attention, but it's probably not going to be the attention that you want.

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> WHY can't you download previous versions???? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI