Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Beta testers blog

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Public Beta Forum >> RE: Beta testers blog Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Beta testers blog - 10/11/2006 8:38:11 PM   
nmleague

Im pretty sure that this has not been done for release 3, as example if Im looking at the draft/team profile for one team if I swtich to another team Im at that teams roster screen not their draft/team profile screen, so you have to move to that screen.

(in reply to Frenzy)
Post #: 31
RE: Beta testers blog - 10/14/2006 8:40:56 PM   
BigSmooth

This may have been addressed already. In regards to the draft, will the next beta allow you to create a roster in Quick Play, use that roster in League Play and then run a 7-8 round draft after the season using draft profiles for each team?

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 32
RE: Beta testers blog - 10/15/2006 6:43:51 AM   
Marauders

In order to use a league in quick play, one must seed the teams with players from an initial draft.

The game can seed the teams without a draft.

< Message edited by Marauders -- 10/15/2006 6:46:06 AM >

(in reply to BigSmooth)
Post #: 33
RE: Beta testers blog - 10/16/2006 8:49:03 AM   
Marauders

Here is a quick update:

Release 3 is coming along well, and barring some major unforeseen problem, I believe a public beta release is close.  In my opinion, it is important to get this out to the Maximum-Football community.

To have a public pre-release is a risky thing to do, because there will be some minor issues that David and the beta team know about that people will blow up in the public as a sign of great demise, and there will be new things that the development team just did not have the resources to test all at one time.  The key here is to get the update into the hands of the community and allow feedback on a much greater scale than the beta team alone can provide.  It will also allow game owners to see some of the new stuff the game will provide for them.

Some recent defensive code changes have been given a primary test by the beta crew, and they are working pretty well from a code point of view.  We will still have to try to check for AI breaking and that sort of stuff with the new defensive code.

Along with my playbooks, I am trying to get the default playbooks recreated for when Release 3 becomes the standard release in the near future.  Because of a few work related delays, and because of changes in the defensive code, I don't believe I'll be able to get my playbooks ready for the public beta release.  Because of this, I have actually made the default playbooks the priority over my playbooks.

nmleague and Old Coach are testing some of their playbooks as well.  I suspect both members will need to make a few updates to their playbooks because of the defensive changes and other factors.

David has been testing some updates to the fatigue code.  Of course, finding the right balance will take some time with the new code in the game.  The ability to do this, and to make changes in other areas, is enhanced because David has kindly placed more variables into the data constants tables over the last few months.

That's about it for now.  Please leave feedback on these items if you wish to, but be aware to consider that the Public Beta Forum area is primarily for members of the Maximum-Football community that own the game and wish to contribute.

Thanks all.

- Marauders

< Message edited by Marauders -- 10/16/2006 8:58:19 AM >

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 34
RE: Beta testers blog - 10/16/2006 5:11:18 PM   
nmleague

I agree with Marauders that the release is very near.  My pro playbooks should be ready for the release, I have changed all the defensive logic for those playbooks.  In addition Im currently trying to get some more basic profiling complete so that the playbooks will be ready "out of the box" to be used for computer controlled teams, and should provide a competitive opponent.

My college playbooks are a question at this time.  I may be able to update all the defensive logic, but I doubt I will have time for the profiles.  They could be released with the defense ready but users may have to create their own profiles.

Both the pro and college playbooks have been giving me very realistic results in the beta test.

I asked Shaggy to remove my old playbooks from FBmax, which he has done. As soon as the new playbooks are ready I will have them up on FBmax ready for download.

< Message edited by nmleague -- 10/16/2006 5:14:26 PM >

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 35
RE: Beta testers blog - 10/16/2006 7:44:58 PM   
nmleague

There has been some concern from beta testers and some individuals that had read my post about how punts inside the 20 yard line were being handled.  In beta testing alot of punts that were hitting the ground between the 10 and 15 yard lines were being downed inside the 5 yard line.  It was brought to Davids attention that the general rule is that the PR man will either return or fair catch punts between the 10 and 20 yard lines, but will allow anything past the 10 to hit the ground and either go into the endzone or be downed.  This gives you an idea of how responsive David has been to needed changes, once this was reported to him, he let it be know that it would be changed to follow the rule of thumb.

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 36
RE: Beta testers blog - 10/16/2006 10:08:12 PM   
Shaggyra

I have been testing out nmleague's playbooks as well and I think they are excellent.  The pro play books produce quite realistic results and the college playbooks are quite well done.  When the new defensive logic is put in the college playbooks we will have quite a good selection of playbooks to choose from.  Marauders and Old Coach play books are close also.  (Old Coach has some great "old school" defensive schemes that are fantastic.)

The game it self is coming around very nicely.  It think most will be pleasantly surprised.

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Public Beta Forum >> RE: Beta testers blog Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI