Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: RHS 5.63 and 6.63 pwhex sets uploaded

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> RE: RHS 5.63 and 6.63 pwhex sets uploaded Page: <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: RHS 5.63 and 6.63 pwhex sets uploaded - 2/7/2007 3:40:53 AM   
el cid again

I have a report from a tester there are no ship class errors. He found about six ship errors - and I fixed those.
There also are a few ship leader errors - and task force loading errors. We will clean them all up this week.

There are problems with the utility - but since I don't use it - I don't know the workarounds. Certain things need to be erased to make it happy. And know that some things it won't like are deliberately done. An "error" may be (a) it does not understand WITP or (b) something I did on purpose for technical reasons. An example of (a) is an error if you do a minelaying sub properly - always generates an error - proper or no.

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 811
RE: The Freezing of RHS (Levels 5 and 6): Phase I - 2/7/2007 11:22:39 AM   
el cid again

The process of integrating the location file, the pwhex files (plural because there are two), and the art - for all 6 scenarios at both Level 5 and Level 6, is completed - and frozen. Unless a problem of some significance rears its ugly head, the map art/pwhex coding and associated locations are what they will be for the duration of the 6.63 human testing period - which is of indeterminant length - and which is intended to run 6 to 12 months.

I am very close to freezing the location files as a whole (there are actually 18 different ones - of which only 12 are published - 6 each for Levels 5, 6 and 7). It will take at least a day or two to do this - but then we will issue the location files and device files at level x.63 and call it Phase II.

A day or two after that we will freeze ship class and ship files as the final step: Phase III.

Just when we will freeze aircraft and air group files is not clear - but it will be either at Phase II or Phase III.

At that point - which I estimate no later than Tuesday next week - we will focus on human testing to IDENTIFY (but not correct) problems - and on development of Level 7 maps and integration.

AFTER human testing is completed - or has run to the point there is no point in contining - will we consider how to fix what doesn't work well.

< Message edited by el cid again -- 2/7/2007 11:38:13 AM >

(in reply to el cid again)
Post #: 812
RE: RHS 5.627 and 6.627 comprehensive update uploaded - 2/10/2007 4:36:40 AM   
el cid again

This update mainly corrects eratta - adds many many many Allied landing craft - and also adds several hundred Allied ship slots. Otherwise adds a new Dutch coast defense gun - and corrects the count to 16 at Soerabaja.

We won't have aircraft art for EOS for "several weeks" - so we will freeze without it. Freezing will occur on or before next Tuesday. [I have 3 days off to wrap it up]

Post #: 813
RE: RHS 5.628 and 6.628 micro update uploaded - 2/12/2007 9:48:48 AM   
el cid again

This is probably the last microupdate before freezing. It contains some eratta fixes (pointers and leaders)
so no one will report them any more. It fixes/modifies some landing craft matters - and permits testing/practice
with new types. Rocket landing craft are back in RHS - hopefully working (it is alleged that they don't work in WITP).
The process of opening up ship slots continues - and thanks to AKWarrior we are able to add/correct LST data - some of it is here.

We also have added Kokoda as an airfield - and Joure (as a location with no development) - and will shortly upload a pwhex so you can use the Kokoda Trail and the Kappa Kappa trail. Neither is actually on the map - what you see is sort of a composite! But new art hopefully will fix that. Dobradura - inland not a port - is in the Buna hex - so they are also combined in this offering. The pwhex will also line up better with new river art in Burma - which Cobra gave us but I forgot to look at! [I asked for river fixes - but he went farther - and did quite a few]

I expect to release x.63 by Tuesday.

Post #: 814
RE: RHS 5.628 and 6.628 micro update uploaded - 2/12/2007 2:38:50 PM   
drw61

Was looking at Darwin (EOS v 6.628 and 5.628)
Units 2536,2538, and 2590 to 2593 are in hex 36,84 and need to be moved to Darwin in hex 35,84.

Thanks for the hard Work!

Post #: 815
RE: RHS 5.628 and 6.628 micro update uploaded - 2/12/2007 9:19:44 PM   
el cid again

Thanks

(in reply to drw61)
Post #: 816
RE: RHS 5.628 and 6.628 micro update uploaded - 2/13/2007 4:17:11 PM   
TulliusDetritus

"Helloooooo.... anyone at home...? It's 'tuesdaaaaay'... where's me 6.63"? Kidding. Sardaukar already asked this: will 6.63 be a comprehensive thing? There are new map panels, art, from what I read. The last scenario I have downloaded: 6.59, I think -- because I knew there would be a "definitive" version: the 6.63. I am impatient

< Message edited by TulliusDetritus -- 2/13/2007 4:30:31 PM >

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

Post #: 817
RE: RHS pwhex set 6.633 uploaded (difinitive) - 2/13/2007 7:59:06 PM   
el cid again

This pwhex file set brings river art (as revised by Cobra) into line with pwhex (except for one hex - where the Mekong is "broken" - here pwhex is right). It also causes Eastern New Guinea to permit recreation of Allied military operations - with proper placement of the Kappa Kappa Trail, the Kokoda Trail (with airfield at Kokoda), and with a way to portage to Wau (without a trail) from points NW of Port Moresby. The Kokoda Trail is shorter than the Kappa Kappa Trail - and it has the possibility of flying in supplies in the middle - so it should be given priority - but the flanking option remains.

No other pwhex issues remain and this should be the difinitive version for 6.63 level files.

A similar 5.633 pwhex set will follow - but probably not today - for users of Level 5 scenarios.

Post #: 818
RE: RHS 5.628 and 6.628 micro update uploaded - 2/13/2007 8:04:09 PM   
el cid again

quote:

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

"Helloooooo.... anyone at home...? It's 'tuesdaaaaay'... where's me 6.63"? Kidding. Sardaukar already asked this: will 6.63 be a comprehensive thing? There are new map panels, art, from what I read. The last scenario I have downloaded: 6.59, I think -- because I knew there would be a "definitive" version: the 6.63. I am impatient

Yes - 6.63 is to be difinitive. It involves new map art (Burma area, New Guinea area) and new ship art. The plan for new plane art for EOS is on hold - there was so much to do it is "many weeks" from being done. We will address that when it IS done! We will no doubt have technical corrections to fold in by then anyway.

I will do a 6.629 preliminary release of 6.63 today - so people can feedback anything I have missed - which surely must be something. I have added US LCI and LCT (or LSM if you prefer the rename) units until the end of the war - and have begun a process of adding/correcting LSTs (which will go on for many versions - as there are so many to do).
Note that LSTs, and LCIs, and many other craft, have "early" and "late" variations - and are much more accurately armed. I also have added the LSM(R) back into RHS. I have added the "shore battalion" of the EBS regiments.
What I am doing now is adding the last gunboats on the Amur river system.

Something you might wish to bear in mind is time zones. I am in Alaska - and so very near the International Dateline. I follow your time by many hours. If you lived in London or Paris, I am 9 hours "behind" you - and if you live East of there - more than 9 hours! So often - from your point of view - "Tuesday" is not the same as from mine!
Tuesday has barely begun for me!

< Message edited by el cid again -- 2/13/2007 8:18:51 PM >

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 819
RE: RHS plan for updates (6.63 plus) - 2/15/2007 1:17:14 AM   
el cid again

1) I had to cure cruiser respawning - I did - and it will be in the 6.63 microupdate.

2) I am working with Cobra on adding a number of locations in NE Australia - and this will take another day to get right. All the locations are in - but there is other stuff involved.

3) We may need to redo pwhex to add communications codes - and Cobra found one error on New Guinea to fix.

I will issue 6.63 as a series of updates over the next couple of days - and we will make the "freeze" level be 6.64.

ETA 2 days to freezing.

You can try out the new locations now - along with no respawn - if you get 6.63 microupdate.

Post #: 820
RE: RHS plan for updates (6.63 plus) - 2/15/2007 11:30:59 AM   
Jo van der Pluym

Hi El Cid Again

I am reading now a book about amphibious operations in the pacific.
And there was something what I miss in RHS etc.
Namely LVT's or amtracks.

Greetings from the Netherlands

Jo van der Pluym
CrazyDutch

Post #: 821
RE: RHS plan for updates (6.63 plus) - 2/15/2007 2:43:21 PM   
el cid again

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jo van der Pluym

Hi El Cid Again

Well - they exist - but not as landing craft - as vehicles. Not created for RHS either - inherited from CHS and stock. I am considering putting in an LVT battalion in the EBS regiments.

(in reply to Jo van der Pluym)
Post #: 822
RE: RHS plan for updates (6.63 plus) - 2/15/2007 6:10:41 PM   
m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: el cid again

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jo van der Pluym

Hi El Cid Again

Well - they exist - but not as landing craft - as vehicles. Not created for RHS either - inherited from CHS and stock. I am considering putting in an LVT battalion in the EBS regiments.

In that they had a very limited purpose, I am surprised you would find time to include them. The M3 HT fulfills their role on land, and the smaller landing craft do the water transport.
BTW, excellent source of referance for them is "STORM LANDINGS" by Joseph Alexander,(Naval Press)..It gives the evolution of all LVT type craft used by the U.S.
Some were armed with 75mm howitzers, others, 37mm AT guns..
Nearly all had M2 .50cal HMG's.
Should you need the dates for each model, lemme know, but IIRC, you have most books I have..

< Message edited by m10bob -- 2/15/2007 6:25:23 PM >

Post #: 823
RE: RHS Level 6 pwhex 6.634 (Final???) Uploaded - 2/15/2007 7:45:26 PM   
el cid again

I have uploaded a level 6 version of pwhex that changes communications codes and hex sides and terrain types in Australia. It also corrects one communication code in New Guinea.

I will not convert the level 5 file to the same values.

Post #: 824
RE: RHS Level 6 pwhex 6.635 (Final???) Uploaded - 2/16/2007 2:34:20 AM   
el cid again

Similar story -

I had to fix some problems in AUS and I discovered we are missing a river 1.5 times the flow of the Mississippi -
so I added these at the same time.

Testing indicates perhaps this is it for pwhex.

I will proceed to issue one more interim file set - and convert Level 5 pwhex to the same standard so we can release it as well. No more changes mean it is worth converting the file.

Because Cobra didn't distribute 6.634 I am sure he will skip posting it altogether and go strait to 6.635

< Message edited by el cid again -- 2/16/2007 2:48:05 AM >

Post #: 825
RE: RHS Level 6 pwhex 6.635 (Final???) Uploaded - 2/16/2007 3:12:35 AM   
CobraAus

quote:

Because Cobra didn't distribute 6.634 I am sure he will skip posting it altogether and go strait to 6.635

Cobra did but has now updated to v6.635

Cobra aus

Post #: 826
RE: RHS Level 6 pwhex 6.635 (Final???) Uploaded - 2/16/2007 4:34:44 AM   
keeferon01

Im playing latest batch SO64, seems to me that AR ships that you order to build are not getting built, seem to stick on 180 days but if you order ML they get built, can anyone confirm this please

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 827
RE: RHS Level 6 pwhex 6.635 (Final???) Uploaded - 2/16/2007 7:31:44 PM   
el cid again

1) Never was told Scenario 64 was used by anyone - nice to know!

2) In general one cannot "order" ship production in WITP. Perhaps you mean conversion of AKs?

IF this is the case, note that some types are possible in stock/CHS not possible in RHS - because we adopted strictly historical standards - and the conversion slot is empty.

(in reply to keeferon01)
Post #: 828
RE: RHS Level 6 pwhex 6.635 (Final???) Uploaded - 2/16/2007 7:56:24 PM   
m10bob

I like the new river boats..Sending some "deadhead" north in Burma to see if they will load properly..

Post #: 829
RE: RHS Level 6 strange microupdate 6.637 Uploaded - 2/16/2007 8:25:32 PM   
el cid again

This is an unusual microupdate including a full set of pwhex files plus location files for Level 6.

It is issued forthwith because some of the changes (eratta really) matter:

A) Galapagos Is were at sea (in Level 7 location)

B) Darwin had no rail connection to anywhere

C) Millingimbi and Maningrida were incorrectly located (these being coastal villages near Darwin for those not as intimate with Northern Territory geography as I have become)

A few other eratta worked in - the only important one being the Victoria River (navigable for 500 km) is rated as navigable all the way to Timber Creek (it really is farther)

Post #: 830
RE: RHS Level 6 strange microupdate 6.637 Uploaded - 2/16/2007 9:03:11 PM   
TulliusDetritus

El Cid Again, Galapagos Islands and Panama too, right? Or do I have (for some reason) the wrong map panels? In theory I have the most fresh PWHEX and map panels, but who knows.

Post #: 831
RE: RHS Level 6 pwhex 6.635 (Final???) Uploaded - 2/16/2007 11:13:11 PM   
keeferon01

quote:

2) In general one cannot "order" ship production in WITP. Perhaps you mean conversion of AKs?

IF this is the case, note that some types are possible in stock/CHS not possible in RHS - because we adopted strictly historical standards - and the conversion slot is empty.

yeah 64 is the only scenario within RHS I like to play, and yes I am converting a AK in AR and they simply aren't getting built they stay at 180 days seems a bit odd

Post #: 832
RE: RHS Level 6 strange microupdate 6.637 Uploaded - 2/17/2007 12:42:51 AM   
el cid again

quote:

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

El Cid Again, Galapagos Islands and Panama too, right? Or do I have (for some reason) the wrong map panels? In theory I have the most fresh PWHEX and map panels, but who knows.

Must be.

All three locations in Panama are correct.

I just checked Level 6.

Actually - Level 5 is the same map wise - all that is different is the shipping channel- but except for locations in the shipping channel (and related to them locations and unis) - nothing is different at all. But Panama locations are identical.

Post #: 833
RE: RHS Level 6 pwhex 6.635 (Final???) Uploaded - 2/17/2007 12:45:36 AM   
el cid again

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron James

quote:

yeah 64 is the only scenario within RHS I like to play, and yes I am converting a AK in AR and they simply aren't getting built they stay at 180 days seems a bit odd

I don't know much about converting ships - can't even remember what classes or what procedure? But I did investigate it once and set up most of them so they are in the right slots to work (in theory). Hmmm- might be I should have marked the slots that are not supposed to work - so modders and I could know that. Might be something wrong in one of them! Now what were those slots?

(in reply to keeferon01)
Post #: 834
RE: RHS Level 6 pwhex 6.635 (Final???) Uploaded - 2/17/2007 12:57:24 AM   
Monter_Trismegistos

quote:

Have you tried other scenarios? Same results?

I know that problem you have mentioned existed in first release of the game - it was fixed in some early patch.

Nec Temere Nec Timide
Bez strachu ale z rozwagą

(in reply to keeferon01)
Post #: 835
RE: RHS Level 6 pwhex 6.635 (Final???) Uploaded - 2/17/2007 1:31:09 AM   
TulliusDetritus

Confirmed, I have 2 or maybe 3 or 4 wrong map panels. Where did I get them from, I can't remember. Humm, where can I download the whole map again? I think the AKS Dreamer site hasn't been updated recently. For sure their Map v. 6 contains the wrong panels (I have downloaded it 20 minutes ago). Just like the mine on the CD (security copy 3 weeks ago?). Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

(in reply to Monter_Trismegistos)
Post #: 836
RE: RHS Level 6 pwhex 6.635 (Final???) Uploaded - 2/17/2007 2:02:22 AM   
el cid again

We are just about to issue a complete map update. I think that there are two rivers and one trail segment to change - and Cobra will post the whole thing.

I just did a reveal codes and checked a vast area of China, Manchukuo, Russia, Japan and SE Asia - and I found enough things to correct it will cost a day - and a new pwhex set. I long have known there were problems in China -
and fixed them as I came on them hex by hex. But now I have made a list - not a little list - of all of the remaining issues. Players must be going nuts thinking there is a rail line (or whatever) there - and there is not! No wonder the Japanese can never get going - they don't even know where the roads are! The nominal "approachs" to Kunming are actually broken altogether! Bet you never get there. I tried to move OUT of Kunming as Allies - and found it took forever - now I know why. I better tell Andrew.

Post #: 837
RE: RHS Level 6 pwhex 6.635 (Final???) Uploaded - 2/17/2007 3:53:32 AM   
TulliusDetritus

I have fixed the problem, somehow. I took some map panels from "here", others from "there". Thank you anyway. And yes, that "update" is truly necessary. People (especially those who start from zero) just can't find the "map". I did but because I had 2 (or 3?) different "versions"; one of them had Madagascar. Or did I do something wrong? Maybe v.6 never had this island, but I suspect it did contain it. I just can't recall that -- so maybe I mixed v.6 & v.7 maps. It's kafkaesque, sorry

Post #: 838
RE: RHS Level 6 pwhex 6.635 (Final???) Uploaded - 2/17/2007 4:26:24 AM   
CobraAus

hi guys we are still in a state of flux at the moment I am just finishing up the final map changes and will issue today tomorrow because of all these rapid changes the RHS site is note getting updated until all is finished

Cobra

Post #: 839
RE: RHS Level 6 pwhex 6.635 (Final???) Uploaded - 2/17/2007 5:29:22 AM   
keeferon01

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monter_Trismegistos

quote:

Have you tried other scenarios? Same results?

I know that problem you have mentioned existed in first release of the game - it was fixed in some early patch.

I have tried So54 and converting AK To AR they was getting built just fine, so hopefully Cid can get this sorted out

(in reply to Monter_Trismegistos)
Post #: 840
Page:   <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> RE: RHS 5.63 and 6.63 pwhex sets uploaded Page: <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI