Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Lies...er...war stories.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Lies...er...war stories. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lies...er...war stories. - 7/27/2000 5:43:00 PM   
Musti

As it was suggested in an another topic that there should be a forum for gamers who have served in the military, here you go. This is not a forum but it's a whole new topic on the subject! It's a funny thing that, during battle exercises it's the big bosses who always forget the password...I personally have "shot" my own 1st. lieutenant who didn't remember the password as he approached my guarding post.(he resisted arrest!)

Post #: 1
- 7/27/2000 5:56:00 PM   
Belaja smert

quote:

Originally posted by Musti: It's a funny thing that, during battle exercises it's the big bosses who always forget the password...I personally have "shot" my own 1st. lieutenant who didn't remember the password as he approached my guarding post.(he resisted arrest!)
It's my gut feeling that they do this intentionally, to test the guard. Guess what would have happened if you hadn't "shot" him? He might "instructed" you a bit! Belaja smert

"THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YE FRET"

(in reply to Musti)
Post #: 2
- 7/27/2000 6:54:00 PM   
Musti

quote:

Originally posted by Belaja smert: It's my gut feeling that they do this intentionally, to test the guard. Guess what would have happened if you hadn't "shot" him? He might "instructed" you a bit! Belaja smert
I'm pretty sure that this officer wasn't testing me. He was known for being quite absent-minded...

(in reply to Musti)
Post #: 3
- 7/27/2000 7:51:00 PM   
Beantown

Ahh...those peacetime officers.

(in reply to Musti)
Post #: 4
- 7/28/2000 12:11:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Well, Musti! You gotta tell us how it finally came out WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Musti)
Post #: 5
- 7/28/2000 1:15:00 PM   
Leibstandarte

Musti that reminds me of the time my company XO wanted to make sure the perimeter guards were akake at night in Kuwait. My guard and I almost shot him. He thought it would be cool to act like an Iraqi and come towards our bunker at night. Thankfully he stopped the "game" before he nearly was shot. Officiers, go figure?

Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.

(in reply to Musti)
Post #: 6
- 7/28/2000 2:36:00 PM   
Schrubbery

In a AT exercise we ambushed an APC, and then a man inside sticked his head out of roof hatch and started to shoot at us with an assault rifle. Naturally we wouldn't tolerate such behaviour from someone who is standing in a fiber glass vehicle (only in wartime would it be reinforced with kevlar plating), so we started shooting back with everything we had. But of course our officer started yelling that we're clearly wasting ammunition, b/c it is a bullet-proof APC and the gun firing at us is in a armored turret. Well, what can you say to that? "If that hull can stop a bullet, I guess this ain't a rifle, this is a field gun..." Well, that's how things are done in the Finnish army. Not exactly WYSIWYG. We should have role-played more...

(in reply to Musti)
Post #: 7
- 7/28/2000 9:19:00 PM   
David

My Platoon is providing security for the BN TOC, I get a call from the entrance guards saying that there is an Officer thier who wants to come in but does not know the password, and is refusing to cooperate. I tell them to detain him, and I will be right there. I arrive and my squad leader has the Assistant Division Commander on the groud at gun point. I almost panicked, the General was playing along, but refused to allow the seargent to tie him up. The seargent got a commendation from the general afterwards.

(in reply to Musti)
Post #: 8
- 7/29/2000 8:17:00 AM   
albert

It is interesting to look at all the officers who got whacked by their own sentries. Think about Stonewall .

(in reply to Musti)
Post #: 9
- 7/29/2000 8:35:00 AM   
Leibstandarte

Very true Albert. Considering the shooting of General Jackson, I do believe those musket balls cost the South the war.

Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.

(in reply to Musti)
Post #: 10
- 7/29/2000 8:54:00 AM   
jsaurman

Jackson was a great general, but the South would have gone down regardless of whether he had lived or died. Just like Allies vs Axis in WW2, we might have not had as good a leadership, but we made up for it in production capacity. Jackson could fight, but when he lost a man or a rifle, neither could be replaced. Food, horses, ammo, all was in too short a supply for the South to win. Add a hamstrung political leadership, lack of assistance from foreign countries, and rampant inflation, and there is not much that could be done. Hey, this is rather off-topic isn't it??? Should we start another topic to talk about the parallels between Germany in 1945 and the Confederacy in 1865? Might make an interesting chat.

(in reply to Musti)
Post #: 11
- 7/29/2000 11:11:00 AM   
crazyivan

we were doing a advanced bush craft and camo exercise the officer who was in control siad that our forward section including the gpmg site stuck out like a sore thump and wanted us to make our positons almost invisable and speed of in his jeep saying that he would return soon.so we dug deeper shell scrapes and realy went to town on using as much of the natrule teraforma as possible.1 hour later we herd the jeep approching and saw it stop about 30 yards from our positons the officer got out looked around checked his compass and got back in and proceded to drive up to and over one of our shellscrapes injuring a pfc berfor we srang up and shouted to him above the moaning of the poor guy who got ran over.his defence was i never saw you.

"The best form of defence,is attack"

(in reply to Musti)
Post #: 12
- 7/31/2000 1:48:00 AM   
Rickenbacker

When we were taught how to set up a roadblock (and other interesting things as well three of us set up one, and two other guys were supposed to drive up to it and get stopped and the whole drill. I was backup, so I cleverly laid down in the woods on the passenger side (not exactly as briefed, fortunately . As my buds stopped the vehicle and checked the drivers' papers the sgt. in charge of the excercise busted out the rear door with his pistol, only to run into most of a clip of SMG fire from me . He was real happy with the way I'd positioned myself, though a bit miffed that his trick hadn't worked. Rickenbacker

Mats 'Rickenbacker' Nylund -------------------------- rickenbacker@innocent.com

(in reply to Musti)
Post #: 13
- 7/31/2000 3:27:00 PM   
Musti

There was this story going around the Kainuu Brigade when I served there...There was this one lieutenant who was very enthusiastic when it came to testings guards awareness...He once attacked an MP sentry from behind just to test their reflexes. The MP swung his Assault Rifle butt straight to the lieutenants face! As he recovered he said to the guard: One tooth, second tooth...2 days of additional R&R! That guard got 2 days just smashing this lieutenants teeth in!

(in reply to Musti)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Lies...er...war stories. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI