Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

trading / AI / etc

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> trading / AI / etc Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
trading / AI / etc - 9/8/2006 12:31:44 AM   
chriskelly

I know you hate these, but I have an ask before you buy question. I'm an OOTP user who thinks 2006 is too complicated. I stumbled across the puresim website and am very impressed by the screen shots and demo. It seems that in game play is the strongest feature, but I have some Gm questions to ask before I buy. Thanks in advance:
-How is the computer AI in trading?? does it handle contracts or prospects well in trades? does the AI offer you trades?
-How sophisticated / realistic is player development, especially younger players?
-How realistic is free agency?
-Do you have the option to impose a salary cap or other spending restrictions?

Anything else you want to stress as selling points?
Post #: 1
RE: trading / AI / etc - 9/11/2006 4:27:41 PM   
chriskelly

thought i would bump this up to see if there is any input.

(in reply to chriskelly)
Post #: 2
RE: trading / AI / etc - 9/12/2006 5:16:41 AM   
henry296

I can comment on historical careers.

1.  It is ok although that is about what i would expect from any computer game.  CPU/CPU trades are only 1 for 1 and I would limit myself to those.  It doesn't handle multiple player trades.  I would also say it undervalues minor league prospects slightly but you will need to give up major league quality to get them.  For example, a Florida Marlins strategy works well.
2.  I think player development is great.  For example Harmon Killebrew came in very lowly rated and took a 5-6 years to develop, but others can come in and play right away.  I use the early import options.
3.  Free agency is pretty good, but I suggest that you bump up the contract extension modifier to about 1.9 for the CPU to limit the number of stars.  Most of the players are over 30 although every year there are a couple of good young players who the CPU doesn't re-sign.
4.  Yes.  Each team's available finances can be edit.  They do rise every year, but if you want to have less many than the CPU just edit each team.

It is lots of fun.  I've been playing a career since 1946 and it is now the offseason after 1973.  I've won six World Series in those 27 years.  Although I do have a good run going with that Marlins strategy winning 3 of the last 5.

(in reply to chriskelly)
Post #: 3
RE: trading / AI / etc - 9/12/2006 4:06:16 PM   
chriskelly

Henry....thank you very much!!!!

(in reply to chriskelly)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> trading / AI / etc Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI