Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sandbox Mode Player Import

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Sandbox Mode Player Import Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sandbox Mode Player Import - 9/15/2006 4:39:26 AM   
jeremy7227

I am trying to import players in Sandbox mode without the "'yr" suffix but that option does not seem configurable. At association creation the option to deselect this is grayed out and locked. Is there anyway to change that setting? It effects the ability to import players in bulk later because it nullifies the "allow duplicate players" option.
Post #: 1
RE: Sandbox Mode Player Import - 9/17/2006 5:31:27 PM   
puresimmer

The year suffix stuff is not used when determining duplicates, so no need to worry.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to jeremy7227)
Post #: 2
RE: Sandbox Mode Player Import - 9/17/2006 9:42:42 PM   
jeremy7227

Shaun,

I don't mean to tell you how your program works but I disagree. In fact I would say the intent of the year suffux is to allow me to have two of the same guy in my league. Like if I wanted to have the 1918 Red Sox and 1927 Yankees in an organization I would have a Ruth'18 and a Ruth'27 - thus unique players. But without I would have an import exception and only the first imported Ruth would exist. I know this is how it works because I have done it - I can send you a screenshot. What I would like to see SandBox mode do is simply have the option not to import the players with a "'yr". Let me turn that option on and off at will like I do in PS Classic Mode. This is a deactivated option though in Sandbox mode. So if I start my assosciation with seeded real players from 1901 and then do an import of all from 1902 to capture the rookies, insteaad I get everyone from both seasons with "'yr". In truth I want to us eit to start a sandbox in 1901 with players from 1871 and import each season while having control of the number and location of the teams I create (versus Real MLB mode which imports league, teams and geography as played). I'd use PureSim Classic mode and import that way but the player generation model creates a bunch of good fictious players that skew the pool.

I don't mean to sound complaining. I love this game and I think it is the best at doing what I want to do with a game by far. I just see the option there to do what I want to do but it seems not to work. And I hope I can help you to make the game be the best it can be. I haven't spent this many hours playing a baseball sim or had this much fun with a baseball sim since Random House introduced APBA baseball for the IBM PC in 1985. (I was 11 then... thanks for helping me spend another summer indoors geeking out)

Jeremy

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Sandbox Mode Player Import Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI