Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Upgrades/Changes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: Upgrades/Changes Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Upgrades/Changes - 3/10/2007 9:07:00 PM   
pad152

If Rising Sun is going to be part of the package, the graphic color scheme is going to need some work, you can't see units because they disapear in the backgound, this made the game unplayable for me.

(in reply to awc)
Post #: 61
RE: Upgrades/Changes - 3/10/2007 9:16:40 PM   
junk2drive

Turn the bases on. For the replay of the opponent turn I use the enter key to trigger the yes while hovering my pointer over the bases button. A quick click after pressing enter turns them on for the replay.

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 62
RE: Upgrades/Changes - 3/11/2007 6:24:34 AM   
Temple

Yes, you need to play in 3D mode with the bases on, just shows how good those camoflauged uniforms were .

In 2D mode of course it's not a problem.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 63
RE: Upgrades/Changes - 3/13/2007 7:09:08 PM   
pad152

I never had to turn bases on for East/West Front, so why should I have too for Rising Sun.

(in reply to Temple)
Post #: 64
RE: Upgrades/Changes - 3/14/2007 5:00:04 AM   
RAF

Well, actually, one of the things that I like about playing Rising Sun is that it is difficult to see the enemy.

Sometimes, in war, it is difficult to see the enemy. Particularly in the jungle.

In the realm of "upgrades/changes", I would not mind an option that turned bases on for friendly units only - leaving it up to the player to spot the enemy units in the dense jungle without benefit of bases.

But, that's just the way I like to play.

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 65
RE: Upgrades/Changes - 3/14/2007 6:55:14 AM   
mikul82

quote:

ORIGINAL: RAF

Well, actually, one of the things that I like about playing Rising Sun is that it is difficult to see the enemy.

Sometimes, in war, it is difficult to see the enemy. Particularly in the jungle.

In the realm of "upgrades/changes", I would not mind an option that turned bases on for friendly units only - leaving it up to the player to spot the enemy units in the dense jungle without benefit of bases.

But, that's just the way I like to play.

You are truly a masochist... I'd be blind within a few days. ;P

(in reply to RAF)
Post #: 66
RE: Upgrades/Changes - 3/14/2007 7:24:04 AM   
Hermann

I recommend a special JP code.... For those of us who want to vent their frustrations on Jason via PBEM after the release it would really be neat to have the option to simultaneously implode all his armor... I think routing all his turns to Mitch's inbox would just about do it =).

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 67
RE: Upgrades/Changes - 3/14/2007 4:50:18 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hermann

I recommend a special JP code.... For those of us who want to vent their frustrations on Jason via PBEM after the release it would really be neat to have the option to simultaneously implode all his armor... I think routing all his turns to Mitch's inbox would just about do it =).

*laughs* Depending on whom I am playing, they tend to do that already!!

Jason Petho

(in reply to Hermann)
Post #: 68
RE: Upgrades/Changes - 3/19/2007 2:37:18 PM   
vadersson

Ok, I'll admit that I have not read this whole thread. I will also state that I only have played East Front I, so my comments may have already bee addressed.

1. Config file. It would be nice for the new game to have some sort of savable configuration to remember what setting you want when you start (or load) a game. I.e. Unit Bases On, On-map thermometers, etc. Every time I load a game I have been playing I have to go through the menus and reset all of those things. It takes away from my gaming time which is limited.

2. It would be nice to have an optional tool bar that would let you just click a button to change highlights. So there would be a tool bar where you could quickly show organization, moved units, etc just by a click instead of having to go through a menu.

3. Because someone else said it and I think it sounds good, it would be nice to have an optional rule to turn off the supply rules. That way the game is even more like good old Panzer Blitz. Not an essential feature, but sometime you just want to focus on the fight and not where the ammo is coming from.

Ok, so this might be a bit late, but I thought I would point it out.

Thanks,
Duncan

Post #: 69
RE: Upgrades/Changes - 5/9/2007 7:30:12 PM   
1925frank

This may be coming too late to make a difference, but since I play against the computer, I'd like to see a significantly improved AI. The addition of new countries, such as National China, was also on my wish list. From the promotional info, it looks like the new product will address both of these issues.

Post #: 70
RE: Upgrades/Changes - 5/10/2007 6:02:18 AM   
dogovich

Yes, I really like the chinese. I gave scenario designers the ability to place the Chicoms on either side so as to allow for Chinese Civil War actions and maybe a little force on force during the Korean War (to be seen later I hope).

We also have plans to input a chinese warlord army to fight against the nationalists. I think those old battles had a flavor all their own and are fun to play. I remember when Rising Sun first came out we were all excited and then greatly disappointed to see what it didn't contain.

As for the AI, that is going to be a bigger nut to crack. But as I become more familiar with the source code I may one day be able to make it a better opponent.

I do have plans to increase the number of functions that engineers can accomplish. Would like them to be able to clear wrecks at least and maybe plant a 1 level mine field. Or maybe even build a small bridge.

(in reply to 1925frank)
Post #: 71
RE: Upgrades/Changes - 5/11/2007 12:52:06 AM   
Jarexx

quote:

ORIGINAL: dogovich

I do have plans to increase the number of functions that engineers can accomplish. Would like them to be able to clear wrecks at least and maybe plant a 1 level mine field. Or maybe even build a small bridge.

I'd be all for engineers to be able to clear wrecks as it'd help with quite a major and annoying exploit i've run across more then once , but when it comes to them planting mines of building bridges imo you'd run in to the problem this small change would totally unbalance some of the scenarios already out there.

(in reply to dogovich)
Post #: 72
RE: Upgrades/Changes - 5/11/2007 1:02:47 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jarexx

quote:

ORIGINAL: dogovich

I'd be all for engineers to be able to clear wrecks as it'd help with quite a major and annoying exploit i've run across more then once , but when it comes to them planting mines of building bridges imo you'd run in to the problem this small change would totally unbalance some of the scenarios already out there.

Keep in mind there are new engineer units which these would be implemented to, therefore not interferring with any old scenarios.

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho

(in reply to Jarexx)
Post #: 73
RE: Upgrades/Changes - 5/12/2007 5:54:32 PM   
PvP

Hi, calculate Matrix CS point from down aircraft ?

(in reply to Krec)
Post #: 74
RE: Upgrades/Changes - 5/16/2007 6:53:10 PM   
Ladmo

I realise that the initial release is probably set and what I am about to ask about would, at the very least, be something for a later patch. That said...Has the design team discussed the possibility of giving us the ability to design scernarios that had both day and night turns/ Speaking for myself, I wouldn't really care if "night graphics" were emplyed, just so long as I could not see all my opponent's deadly horde of tankettes! The game is entitled The Campaign Series but we really cannot fight any engagement that goes on beyond sundown without a lot of serious "make believe." I thought the thing was handled well enough in the battleground series. I can see that losing a programmer might have killed this before it was ever implemented, but should like to know from Dogovich or Jason if this was at least considered. Thank you.

In addtion, a strange little request for a future patch...Others probably disagree with this but I would like to see both leaders and headquarters units be able to shoot. I assume they are armed and could contribute to the over all firepower of an attack.

Thank you for your consideration and time in reading this post.

-Ladimir Kwiatowski

< Message edited by Ladmo -- 5/16/2007 6:56:47 PM >

"The world is not divided into East and West anymore; it is divided into North and South..."

(in reply to PvP)
Post #: 75
RE: Upgrades/Changes - 5/16/2007 7:09:34 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ladmo

I realise that the initial release is probably set and what I am about to ask about would, at the very least, be something for a later patch. That said...Has the design team discussed the possibility of giving us the ability to design scernarios that had both day and night turns/ Speaking for myself, I wouldn't really care if "night graphics" were emplyed, just so long as I could not see all my opponent's deadly horde of tankettes! The game is entitled The Campaign Series but we really cannot fight any engagement that goes on beyond sundown without a lot of serious "make believe." I thought the thing was handled well enough in the battleground series. I can see that losing a programmer might have killed this before it was ever implemented, but should like to know from Dogovich or Jason if this was at least considered. Thank you.

Yes, this is one of my dreams for the campaign series. It will not be included in this initial release, but I am doing my best to ensure this feature is included in a future patch!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ladmo
In addtion, a strange little request for a future patch...Others probably disagree with this but I would like to see both leaders and headquarters units be able to shoot. I assume they are armed and could contribute to the over all firepower of an attack.

Headquater units already shoot, but they must not be in the "low ammo" status.

Leaders are armed and contribute to the overall firepower of the attack by adding their leadership value to the attack strength of the accompanying firing unit. In other words, if you have a rifle platoon that normally shoots at 6 at a range of 1 hex, and you stack it with an appropriate leader with a leadership rating of 3, assuming both units have AP's for firing, the rifle platoon will now shoot at 9!

Hope that helps
Take care and good luck
Jason Petho

< Message edited by Jason Petho -- 5/16/2007 9:46:31 PM >

(in reply to Ladmo)
Post #: 76
RE: Upgrades/Changes - 5/16/2007 9:21:26 PM   
Ladmo

Jason,

You can't say fairer than that. Thanks for all the hard work and for your patience in dealing with a lot of people whose enthusiasm once in a while gets the better of their understanding.

Not only will I eagerly await the initial release, but I suspect the first major patch will be extremely interesting.

Best of luck to all of you,

Ladimir Kwiatowski

Post #: 77
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: Upgrades/Changes Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI