Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/10/2006 11:20:28 PM   
Terminus

De Nada...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Speedysteve)
Post #: 91
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/10/2006 11:45:27 PM   
Big B

I see I'm late checking in today...

GREAT JOB GUYS!!!

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 92
RE: Hints on using #48 combined with #67 - 10/10/2006 11:47:53 PM   
Big B

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker
Then Andrew Brown came along and CHS attracted loads of volunteers and now it is the big boy.

You mean "Andrew Brown didn't back away quickly enough..."

Yes, you have a noble side and grabbed the regimental colours and charged forward. I lost a contact lens and wandered around the battlefield in a confused daze.

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 93
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/11/2006 12:09:56 AM   
Oliver Heindorf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

Here is the change list for 1.8.0.2. Note that we have already found a problem that will occasionally cause excessive delays during DivideCrippledTF processing - caused by erroneously checking everything twice

I encountered this already in ealier versions, so if you ask me, thats nothing new. I hadnt figuered out what causes this though.

btw : gr8 work !

< Message edited by Oliver Heindorf -- 10/11/2006 12:12:31 AM >

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 94
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/11/2006 12:19:29 AM   
jwilkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oliver Heindorf

quote:

Here is the change list for 1.8.0.2. Note that we have already found a problem that will occasionally cause excessive delays during DivideCrippledTF processing - caused by erroneously checking everything twice

I encountered this already in ealier versions, so if you ask me, thats nothing new. I hadnt figuered out what causes this though.

btw : gr8 work !

Well Don looked at the code quite a while b4 he figured it out !! ... It is an "ingenious" problem !!

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to Oliver Heindorf)
Post #: 95
RE: Hints on using #48 combined with #67 - 10/11/2006 12:52:24 AM   
Mark VII

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Przemcio231

Well i upgraded the game... and i never experienced something like this before... i moved a fully operational Air unit with 27 flyable plane and that is what was left

Now that is something I've never seen before! Did your 27 planes arrive safely at the destination??

This happens all the time to me but the unit left behind always disappears during combat so I have never been overly concerned.

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 96
RE: Hints on using #48 combined with #67 - 10/11/2006 1:13:07 AM   
BigJ62

I've been checking out some of the new features and their great makes finding things alot easier.

Great Job, thanks and now back to the war...

Witp-AE
AeAi…AeAi …AeAi…Long live AeAi.

(in reply to Mark VII)
Post #: 97
RE: Hints on using #48 combined with #67 - 10/11/2006 1:24:48 AM   
ctangus

Yippee!

Thanks all.

(in reply to BigJ62)
Post #: 98
End of Turn Processing - Lightning Quick!!! - 10/11/2006 1:39:04 AM   
dpazuk

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Following up from my earlier post, my first turn in, and wow! What a difference this patch makes to end of turn processing! I am going to lose many days, weeks and months to my struggle against Japan. Love it!!!!

< Message edited by dpazuk -- 10/11/2006 1:40:43 AM >

Blah Blah Blah

(in reply to ctangus)
Post #: 99
RE: 1.8.0.2 Notes - 10/11/2006 1:46:13 AM   
ChezDaJez

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChezDaJez

Excellent. Where may one find a comprehensive list of changes.... without downloading the update?

Chez

It's a catch 22 the list of changes is in the update (as always) !

Some notes about this patch:

(1) After 1.8.0.1 came out, we had a few things we'd been working on that were "finished" but hadn't gone through the full test cycle. So, we figured we'd do the testing and release a quick 1.8.0.2 just to get those things out. Well 4 months and 70 items later, it is finally out !!! Part of what happened, was that just when we thought we had the final build and entered a final test cycle, one of the players would send us another save with an issue that we thought was worth addressing. Actually most of the time we spent was in addressing these items. Unfortunately, even after we finally called it "done" people were still sending us saves, of things worth fixing. but at least we don't have to worry about having any material for the next patch !!! But I first and foremost want to thank the players who sent in the saves. They are the guys who made the bug fixes possible. With those saves, our job was the easy past .

(2) Next I'd like to thank Don who did the bulk of the programming on this patch and Nik and MichaelM who did the bulk of the intergration testing. This team (of 4, counting moi) are the guys who work on this stuff every day, any hour, every week (well Don has taken a break, but that was after we turned in the code for production) to get this stuff done. We don't toot our horn too much (we're too busy) but without the effort these guys put in, there would be no patch.

(3) But the big announcement is in regard to MichaelM. Around July, we were able to get MichaelM approved to work on the code with Don and I. And what did MichaelM do? Within a few days, he nailed the "synch" bug !!!! So, please welcome MichaelM to the development team and join us in thanking him for nailing this one, what had been the "toughest of the tough" until he got his hands on it !!! Thanks Michael !!!

We will have some more announcements soon.

Thanks very much for the info. I appreciate all you guys busting butt on this. Thanks for the change listing, Dan.

Chez

Ret Navy AWCS (1972-1998)
VP-5, Jacksonville, Fl 1973-78
ASW Ops Center, Rota, Spain 1978-81
VP-40, Mt View, Ca 1981-87
Patrol Wing 10, Mt View, CA 1987-90
ASW Ops Center, Adak, Ak 1990-92
NRD Seattle 1992-96
VP-46, Whidbey Isl, Wa 1996-98

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 100
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/11/2006 1:50:13 AM   
niceguy2005

My gratitude to all who worked on the latest patch. That is a long and impressive list of fixes. In paticular my gratitude for fixing the synch bug. That can't have been easy to run down.

I am confused about the disband/withdraw features being romoved. These we not anything I often used but what was the gamey sort of tactic that people were using to require it be removed. It seems to me that there may be valid times to disband or withdraw a unit.

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 101
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/11/2006 2:09:16 AM   
stldiver

Thanks to the entire team for all the work on the update. Most of us that play post rarley but we appreciate the great product you have put out and continue to support. Otherwise we would not spend so many hours playing this challenging game.

Showa rules!

(in reply to niceguy2005)
Post #: 102
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/11/2006 2:46:24 AM   
scott64

Those minelayers work mighty slickly. 

Lucky for you, tonight it's just me

Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/

(in reply to stldiver)
Post #: 103
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/11/2006 5:30:39 AM   
FeurerKrieg

quote:

ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

My gratitude to all who worked on the latest patch. That is a long and impressive list of fixes. In paticular my gratitude for fixing the synch bug. That can't have been easy to run down.

I am confused about the disband/withdraw features being romoved. These we not anything I often used but what was the gamey sort of tactic that people were using to require it be removed. It seems to me that there may be valid times to disband or withdraw a unit.

I think it partly revolves around taking float plane/bomber/transport pilots that are of high XP, and disbanding, then adding them to fighter units.

Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks

Post #: 104
RE: Hints on using #48 combined with #67 - 10/11/2006 6:32:50 AM   
Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: timtom
Mrs. Bowen then?

Warning, it is against the law to mention the name of my ex-wife within 500 yards of a school. Scares the kids.

Also within 1000 yards of a bar - scares the adults.

(in reply to timtom)
Post #: 105
RE: Hints on using #48 combined with #67 - 10/11/2006 6:34:57 AM   
Ron Saueracker

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: timtom
Mrs. Bowen then?

Warning, it is against the law to mention the name of my ex-wife within 500 yards of a school. Scares the kids.

Also within 1000 yards of a bar - scares the adults.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 106
RE: 1.8.0.2 Notes - 10/11/2006 10:35:21 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson

But the big announcement is in regard to MichaelM. Around July, we were able to get MichaelM approved to work on the code with Don and I. And what did MichaelM do? Within a few days, he nailed the "synch" bug !!!! So, please welcome MichaelM to the development team and join us in thanking him for nailing this one, what had been the "toughest of the tough" until he got his hands on it !!! Thanks Michael !!!

Missed this part the first time I read the thread and responded - this alone is worth another Hip-Hip-Hurah
Michael!!!

BTW, is it possible to write small summary of how this most recent patch deals with pilots (i.e. every change up to date in cohesive manner)?

Thanks in advance!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 107
RE: 1.8.0.2 Notes - 10/11/2006 2:22:08 PM   
Ron Saueracker

So, who is responsible for dropping the HEMI under the hood? The final phases from Training Ships Crews to Disbanding Human TFs has really been suped up. Thanks alot guys. This will cut me down to maybe two smokes a day as I now have no "excuse" to go out and have a puff while the turn processes.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 108
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/11/2006 2:29:54 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

The problem I had with this feature was that sometimes the disbanded unit would reappear 90 days later with high experience pilots. It was great to get the pilots but not very historical. Had to stop due to that problem. I'm very interested in how that feature will evolve.

Post #: 109
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/11/2006 2:44:21 PM   
Mike Solli

I'm still unable to download the patch. Whenever I try, I get the dreaded "The page cannot be displayed" screen. Any suggestions?

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 110
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/11/2006 3:07:10 PM   
Speedysteve

Hi Mike,

Ask T............

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 111
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/11/2006 3:11:21 PM   
saj42

I particually like #35, #50, #53, #59 ............... Heck ........ I like them all

Great work guys

Banner by rogueusmc

(in reply to Alex Fiedler)
Post #: 112
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/11/2006 6:02:45 PM   
Graycompany

I have a question;  I have noticed now on my Aircraft reinforcments, that prior to the patch I had a zero group that showed 27 pilots and AC arriving in 3 days.  Now after the patch the Zero's Sqd is still there , but there are no pilots or planes listed as arriving as there was before.  Is this how it should be now, or did niceguy just get real lucky?

In fact every group I have arriving now shows no planes or Pilots, but they had been listed as having some before?

< Message edited by Graycompany -- 10/11/2006 6:05:34 PM >

I thought this place was a empire, now im the last, I can't be sure...

(in reply to saj42)
Post #: 113
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/11/2006 6:04:43 PM   
Nikademus

Item 35 – Allow arriving Japanese airgroups to appear on map with less than maximum aircraft.

Current airgroup arrival processing requires that there be enough aircraft in the pool to fully equip the airgroup. An attempt is made to equip it with upgrade or downgrade aircraft but, if that is not possible, the airgroup is set to “organizing” status until enough aircraft build up in the pool. Since combat operations frequently keep the pool numbers depressed, such airgroups frequently end up perpetually organizing. Allow airgroups to arrive with less than maximum aircraft. This will put them on the board and under player control

(in reply to Graycompany)
Post #: 114
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/11/2006 6:12:02 PM   
michaelm75au

While doing the patch, it was discovered that the Japanese Reinforcement group details showed the numbers from the Editor. Planes still had to be available in the pool for the group to arrive.
It was decided to eliminate the misleading Editor numbers and just show zero until the group arrived with as many planes as it could get hold of.
[Edit - dropped words due to sleep deprivation.]

< Message edited by michaelm -- 10/11/2006 6:33:41 PM >

Michael

Post #: 115
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/11/2006 6:24:20 PM   
Graycompany

So it will show 0, but When they arrive they will fill out if I have planes of that type available and in the numbers required. Is that correct? What about Pilots?

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 116
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/11/2006 6:25:26 PM   
Nikademus

They'll arrive with default pilots (default based on exp rating set in OOB) unless assigned specific "historical" pilots from the historical pilot file.

Post #: 117
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/11/2006 6:28:25 PM   
Graycompany

Thanks NIK

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 118
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/11/2006 8:05:56 PM   
qgaliana

Thank you kindly gents! Can't wait to see the sped up turn processing (it pretty much drove me off). Time to shelve Civ4 for a while...

Post #: 119
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/11/2006 8:36:29 PM   
Kwik E Mart

quote:

ORIGINAL: qgaliana

Thank you kindly gents! Can't wait to see the sped up turn processing (it pretty much drove me off). Time to shelve Civ4 for a while...

me too...i'm starting to see montezuma with that crazy grin and head dress in my dreams...that SOB has spoiled many of my great civilizations...

...oh, and great job on the code, fellas!!! it's becoming hard to have any excuses not to fire this puppy up again...

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

(in reply to qgaliana)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI