Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Answers to all your questions (about AWD distribution)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Answers to all your questions (about AWD distribution) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Answers to all your questions (about AWD distribution) - 10/12/2006 8:47:43 PM   
Joel Billings

Well maybe not all of them, but at least some of the important ones. I spoke with David Heath of Matrix yesterday and got answers to some key questions.

When can I buy A World Divided?
It's expected that sometime within the next two weeks AWD will be available via digital download and CD Direct at the Matrix online store.

Will I be able to buy the game in a store in the US or Europe?
At this point the game will only be available via the Matrix online store. It is possible that the game may appear in stores in the future, but there is no definitive answer at this time.

Will the game be localized into other languages?
At release this month, the game will only be in English. Localization work is underway and we expect that other languages will be made available in a future patch. The original World at War was patched to include German, French, Italian, Spanish and UK English. We don't have a release date yet for the localization patch, but will try to update you as works progresses.

What will AWD cost?
The US price in the Matrix store will be $39.99. Through the end of this year, customers that have a valid registration number for World at War will be able to use that registration number to obtain a 35% discount off the AWD price (each registration number can only be used once) when they purchase the game from the Matrix online store. Full details will be announced by Matrix when the game is officially released.

< Message edited by Joel Billings -- 10/15/2006 12:11:04 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Answers to all your questions - 10/12/2006 11:31:45 PM   
toddtreadway

Thanks for the info.

Also, thanks for the WaW-owner's discount.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 2
RE: Answers to all your questions - 10/13/2006 4:12:24 AM   
Grifman

quote:

ORIGINAL: toddtreadway

Thanks for the info.

Also, thanks for the WaW-owner's discount.

Yes, ditto for that consideration.

(in reply to toddtreadway)
Post #: 3
RE: Answers to all your questions - 10/13/2006 4:55:41 PM   
Canuck_jp

Interesting and a smart marketing move!  I bought the first one but I never would have considered buying the expansion.  However if I can get 35% off then I'll probably say what the hell!

(in reply to Grifman)
Post #: 4
RE: Answers to all your questions - 10/13/2006 5:17:07 PM   
oi_you_nutter

thanks Joel, the 35% discount has renewed my interest

(in reply to Canuck_jp)
Post #: 5
RE: Answers to all your questions - 10/13/2006 10:32:21 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Hmm this has really amused me to some good extent.

"What will AWD cost?
The US price in the Matrix store will be $39.99. Through the end of this year, customers that have a valid registration number for World at War will be able to use that registration number to obtain a 35% discount off the AWD price (each registration number can only be used once) when they purchase the game from the Matrix online store. Full details will be announced by Matrix when the game is officially released."

I'm in for that one hehe.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to oi_you_nutter)
Post #: 6
RE: Answers to all your questions - 10/16/2006 4:21:29 PM   
daniel123

AWD went gold on 10/5  and it's now 10/16  Matrix only has another 3 days before you 2 weeks run out.  release today???

(in reply to Les_the_Sarge_9_1)
Post #: 7
RE: Answers to all your questions - 10/16/2006 9:25:15 PM   
Joel Billings

My post was on the 12th. The two weeks run out on the 26th. I hope it will be out by then or I guess I'll have to eat my words.

(in reply to daniel123)
Post #: 8
RE: Answers to all your questions - 10/17/2006 1:29:28 AM   
daniel123

talk about moving the first down marker after the first play. 

Post #: 9
RE: Answers to all your questions - 10/18/2006 1:15:18 AM   
Becket

Thanks for the info, Joel.  Really looking forward to it.            

"The very word Moscow meant a lot to all of us....it meant all we had ever fought for" -Rokossovsky

(in reply to daniel123)
Post #: 10
RE: Answers to all your questions (about AWD distribution) - 10/18/2006 5:49:48 AM   
32shaw

Will the strategy and tactics capabilities of the AI in the new game be improved? I've found those aspects of the AI to be disappointingly weak in the original game. In particular, the way that the AI manages naval warfare for the USA in the Pacific really makes no sense. Again and again the AI offers up small portions of the Western Allies' total naval assets to be wiped out by superior Japanese naval forces; when, by waiting a turn or two, the Western Allies could amass sufficient naval forces to smash the Japanese. It's too bad, because otherwise this is a great game. 32shaw

Post #: 11
RE: Answers to all your questions (about AWD distribution) - 10/21/2006 10:42:44 PM   
DROregon

In the store, I see the digital download but not the CD direct. When will the CD direct be available? Also, how is the manual distributed? Is it a pdf in the download/CD?

Post #: 12
RE: Answers to all your questions (about AWD distribution) - 10/21/2006 10:58:08 PM   
Joel Billings

quote:

ORIGINAL: DROregon

In the store, I see the digital download but not the CD direct. When will the CD direct be available? Also, how is the manual distributed? Is it a pdf in the download/CD?

I was surprised to see the CD direct not yet available. It should be available soon. IIRC you can purchase via digital download and then later purchase the CD using your order information once the CD is available in the store. The manual is in .pdf format in the download and CD (along with a production map pdf file). I think soon there will be a way to buy the manual printed via the Matrix online store, but I'm not sure when that will be available. The manual pdf is formatted for the DVD size box and is about 180 pages.

I just found this in the store FAQs (I hope this helps):

What if I want a shipment, but have already purchased a download?
Unfortunately, we are unable to exchange a downloadable product for a physical product that you have already purchased. Please place a separate order for the physical product. If you would like to purchase a CD for the downloadable products in your order please look up your order and click on the Buy Now button for burn a CD.

(in reply to DROregon)
Post #: 13
RE: Answers to all your questions (about AWD distribution) - 10/21/2006 11:05:32 PM   
Joel Billings

quote:

ORIGINAL: 32shaw

Will the strategy and tactics capabilities of the AI in the new game be improved? I've found those aspects of the AI to be disappointingly weak in the original game. In particular, the way that the AI manages naval warfare for the USA in the Pacific really makes no sense. Again and again the AI offers up small portions of the Western Allies' total naval assets to be wiped out by superior Japanese naval forces; when, by waiting a turn or two, the Western Allies could amass sufficient naval forces to smash the Japanese. It's too bad, because otherwise this is a great game. 32shaw

The AI is better, but it is no human opponent. We have greatly improved the combat analyzer, and by doing so improved the AI as it relies on the analyzer to determine it's moves. We have put in an additional several months of serious work on the AI (in addition to the work to make it take advantage of the new game features) and feel it is better. We also learned from Lebatron's mods to the ai.txt file in WaW and improved the AI production. It is still an AI in what is quite a complicated game (from a strategy point of view), so you can only expect so much. We have added 2 unbalanced scenarios starting in 1939 that makes for a better game against the AI. Along with the various difficulty level settings and the ability to take just one country and let the AI play the rest, we think you'll have many ways to enjoy the game versus the AI.

(in reply to 32shaw)
Post #: 14
RE: Answers to all your questions (about AWD distribution) - 10/22/2006 12:28:35 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings
I was surprised to see the CD direct not yet available. It should be available soon. IIRC you can purchase via digital download and then later purchase the CD using your order information once the CD is available in the store. The manual is in .pdf format in the download and CD (along with a production map pdf file). I think soon there will be a way to buy the manual printed via the Matrix online store, but I'm not sure when that will be available. The manual pdf is formatted for the DVD size box and is about 180 pages.

FYI, it always takes about a week after the digital download release for the physical options to appear. This is a logistical limit, so I'd expect them to show up in the store by late next week.

The normal game on demand copies do not included a printed manual, but we may indeed have a solution for that in the near future.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 15
RE: Answers to all your questions (about AWD distribution) - 11/3/2006 10:25:26 AM   
nyarlathotep

Sorry to bug. Has there been a change on the physical shipment release date or maybe a scrapping altogether?

If so I'll just do the download but if the shipment option will be coming available soon I think I can wait.

Thx.

edit:I see it now and just ordered...thk ya.

< Message edited by nyarlathotep -- 11/4/2006 10:15:05 AM >

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.
H.P.L.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 16
RE: Answers to all your questions (about AWD distribution) - 12/26/2006 4:49:23 AM   
augustus

This has probably been mentioned before, but does the physical shipment of AWD include a physical manual, or is it still an online manual as in the download?

Post #: 17
RE: Answers to all your questions (about AWD distribution) - 3/27/2007 3:27:34 AM   
Cannon Cocker

I read in this string that an owner of the original GGWaW can get a 35% discount when buying AWD. Is this true? If it is where do I find the "Full details (that) will be announced by Matrix when the game is officially released?"

Cannon Cocker

(in reply to augustus)
Post #: 18
RE: Answers to all your questions (about AWD distribution) - 3/27/2007 3:45:52 AM   
Joel Billings

Sorry, the discount expired back in early January.

(in reply to Cannon Cocker)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Answers to all your questions (about AWD distribution) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI