Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Rules Clarification List

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Rules Clarification List Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Rules Clarification List - 4/14/2008 1:48:19 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

quote:

Agree on the fact you don't round the range up. However, I thought the whole reason for the exception rule r.e. port attacks was for when you play with CV units without CVPs. This is for two reasons:
1. The rule citation appears under CV units (14.4), not under CVP units (14.4.1).
2. The RAW rule quote: The range of Japanese carrier planes is double their CV’s air component. All other carrier planes’ range, and all carrier planes’ air-to-air rating and air-to-sea factors equal their CV’s air component. All carrier planes’ tactical factors are half the value of their CV’s air component. Their strategic bombardment factors are one quarter of their CV’s air component. then implies a non-Japanese CV unit with an air component of 1 would not be able to attack any hex on the Pacific map. So the exception for port attacks allows such units to perform that mission in the Pacific.

Our group struggled with that rule's wording and its placement in RAW for some time before we came up with this interpretation. Since we always play with CVPs, the rule does not affect us (although it could now, if Patrice is right) because there are no CVPs with a range of 1.

For MWiF this may not matter due to the standardization of the scale of the maps, however depending where the hex-dots and sea zone boundary lines are, there may be missions that can now be flown in MWiF that are impossible in WiFFE.

Regards,
Paul

Hi Steve,

Just curious on how this one ended up getting coded? Did you decide the exception was for CVs without CVPs or for both with and without CVPs?

I am not sure what your question is. Rather than have me guess at what you are referring to (and maybe be wrong), could you clarify?

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 391
RE: Rules Clarification List - 4/16/2008 10:09:09 PM   
paulderynck

quote:

I am not sure what your question is. Rather than have me guess at what you are referring to (and maybe be wrong), could you clarify?

Steve

Hi Steve,

I appreciate you replied so quickly and apologize that I got tied up with life for a few days here.

Here is the non-skinny:

Originally you had posted concerning a citation from RAW 14.4 (3 paras up from 14.4.1) which states: “A carrier plane can fly, and return from, a port attack mission that is out of range, if the port is adjacent to any hexdot in the sea area.”

In my reply (post #383) I explained our groups’ rationale for interpreting this rule to apply only to playing with CV units without CVPs. (So that playing with CV units only and without this rule, then only Japanese ‘1’ class carriers would be able to port strike on the Pacific WiF map – any other power’s ‘1’ class carriers would be out of range without this exception.) Other posters thought that the exception was there to allow any CV (playing without CVPs) and CVP (if used) to port attack any port adjacent to a hexdot anywhere, but mainly this would be of importance when using the American mini-map or in off-map boxes. Either or even both these explanations could be correct, but unfortunately there was no further discussion on the topic, which prompted my post that you just replied to.

Of course with MWiF the scale is standardized to one hex everywhere which makes the need for exceptions moot. So I guess the question becomes: Did you end up coding any exceptions to the range allowance for making port attacks in the case of playing with CVs only and/or in the case of playing with CVPs? I’m thinking no exceptions are warranted and in either case you just use the appropriate range allowance. (Making all CVPs better than ‘1’ class CVs only, and other CVPs better than a lot of the best CVs only, because no CVP has a range lower than 2 and some have ranges higher than 6.)

I also had made the observation that depending where the sea boundaries are drawn and which hexes are hexdots in MWiF, then there may well be port attacks (or any other air missions for that matter) which will be possible in MWiF, but are not possible in WIF. But I think that is a natural outcome of going to universal one hex scale and not likely a big deal.

I hope this explanation covers it but let me know if I need to provide anything more.

Thank you.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 392
RE: Rules Clarification List - 4/17/2008 12:46:12 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

Here are two examples of why carrier air units (abstract or actual, when that optional rule is being used), need to be able to port attack ports adjacent to their sea areas, regardless of how far the port is from the closest all-sea hex-dot in the sea area.

Oslo can be port attacked by any carrier air units aboard a carrier unit in the Baltic Sea. That is not true for ones in the North Sea. They latter need to have a range of 3 to reach Oslo.

Likewise, Baltimore can be port attacked by any carrier air unit in the East Coast sea area, regardless of the carrier air unit's range.

Attachment (1)

Steve

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 393
RE: Rules Clarification List - 4/18/2008 10:21:41 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

Both night combat (RAW 14.2.3) and twin engine fighters (RAW 14.3.2) may cause the results of air-to-air combat to be "one less than normal".

We have had discussions in the past in this thread as to whether that also applies to the result for the pilot. Today I am looking at the code that handles this and I am not sure what we decided, or whether a consensus was reached. I would like to code this once and for all and never think about it again.

There seem to me to be two choices when the result of the air-to-air combat is "one less than normal":
1 - take the result for the pilot from the 'normal' result.
2 - take the result for the pilot from the cell within the air-to-air combat results table for the "one less than normal" result. This means moving through the A-2-A column and finding the closest cell with the lower result.

I am voting for the 1st choice. Other opinions?

Steve

Post #: 394
RE: Rules Clarification List - 4/18/2008 11:17:30 PM   
Froonp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

Both night combat (RAW 14.2.3) and twin engine fighters (RAW 14.3.2) may cause the results of air-to-air combat to be "one less than normal".

We have had discussions in the past in this thread as to whether that also applies to the result for the pilot. Today I am looking at the code that handles this and I am not sure what we decided, or whether a consensus was reached. I would like to code this once and for all and never think about it again.

There seem to me to be two choices when the result of the air-to-air combat is "one less than normal":
2 - take the result for the pilot from the cell within the air-to-air combat results table for the "one less than normal" result. This means moving through the A-2-A column and finding the closest cell with the lower result.

This was submitted to Harry by the rule clarifying task force, as Q373 :
Q373> When using the Twin-Engined Fighter (or Night Fighter) optional rule, which answer is true?
(a) The lettered result is downgraded, and colors for pilot losses stay the same (they just may become non-applicable when a kill turns into an abort).
(b) The lettered result and colors for pilot losses are downgraded.

Answer> (a). Date 18/01/2008

Which seems to be the same as what you chose.

Post #: 395
RE: Rules Clarification List - 4/19/2008 12:36:29 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Froonp

quote:

Q373> When using the Twin-Engined Fighter (or Night Fighter) optional rule, which answer is true?
(a) The lettered result is downgraded, and colors for pilot losses stay the same (they just may become non-applicable when a kill turns into an abort).

No, choice (a) is different.

Thanks, I'll code it that way. What I need to add is a check for if an AX/DX becomes an AA. In that case the pilot always lives - unless it was a flying bomb with a black death's head. There's a reason my code for the air-to-air combat has grown from 22 pages to 52 pages over the last 10 days.

Steve

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 396
RE: Rules Clarification List - 4/19/2008 1:37:50 AM   
Froonp

quote:

quote:

quote:

No, choice (a) is different.

Thanks, I'll code it that way. What I need to add is a check for if an AX/DX becomes an AA. In that case the pilot always lives - unless it was a flying bomb with a black death's head. There's a reason my code for the air-to-air combat has grown from 22 pages to 52 pages over the last 10 days.

Heu... ?!?

You were saying :

and Harry was saying :

So the result on the airplane is downgraded (as RAW says), and the result on the pilot is not downgraded (as RAW don't clearly say, that's why we asked the question).

So it seems to me that both you & Harry are saying that the result on pilots is not downgraded. Unless I am mistaken, which can totaly be true

Post #: 397
RE: Rules Clarification List - 4/19/2008 2:44:18 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

The code as it exists now, (from CWIF - soon to be changed) leaves the original pilot result untouched. So if modifying the combat result changes an AX to an AA, the pilot could still die based on the original AX.

Steve

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 398
RE: Rules Clarification List - 4/19/2008 5:07:51 AM   
lomyrin

PLane on autopilot ?

Lars

Post #: 399
RE: Rules Clarification List - 4/19/2008 12:51:26 PM   
Froonp

quote:

The code as it exists now, (from CWIF - soon to be changed) leaves the original pilot result untouched. So if modifying the combat result changes an AX to an AA, the pilot could still die based on the original AX.

So this is OK then, except for pilots killed based on the original AX.

Post #: 400
RE: Rules Clarification List - 4/19/2008 8:09:50 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

quote:

So this is OK then, except for pilots killed based on the original AX.

Yes. I believe I have this coded correctly now, but I want to read through that section of code one more time.

Steve

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 401
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/6/2008 8:00:22 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

I just finished coding up my first 'digression' from the sequence of play. This one is for deciding whether to scrap a unit after it has been destroyed.

So far I have implemented this for air-to-air combat, naval combat, carpet bombing, and anti-air combat. I'll do the other 10 places as I come to them in my transformation of the SOP to accommodate NetPlay. Overruns and land combat are the obvious missing ones, but there are a lot more having to do with units being unable to return to base (air and naval units). That comes up not only in normal "return to base" phases but also when control of a hex changes: overruns, partisans, peace, conquest, surrender, Vichy, liberation, etc.. There are also overstacking conditions, the most unusal being the loss of a boat plane during the weather phase (when a lake freezes).

The main reason for this post is that I have made a small change to the rules in implementing this code.

For example, the decisions about scrapping units destroyed in air-to-air combat is made after all the air-to-air combats have been fought. There might be a half dozen or more air-to-air combats, and the program keeps track of all the air units (and their cargo) that have been shot down. Once all the combats have been completely resolved, the program make a digression from the sequence of play asking each player who has a newly destroyed unit whether he wants to scrap it or not.

Now technically, WIF FE wants that decision make immediately following the DX or AX result. That requires a lot of stoppages in the SOP while everyone waits for the decision to be made by the individual who owns the unit. My change gathers those decisions all together and processes them as a group. From a programming point of view, this is more efficient, and I think it expedites play as well. I do not think this change has any material effect of the game. In fact, since the decision to scrap is really a production issue in simulation terms, delaying these decisions so they can all be done at the same time seems more realistic. I would even consider delaying them until the production phase at the end of the turn, when other decisions about scrapping units are made - but I will not do that since it would be a major change from WIF FE.

For anti-air combat the scrap decisions are delayed until the end of the subphase. So, they occur after anti-air fire by the defender and again after AA fire by the attacker.

Naval combat scrap decisions (by both sides) are made after each naval combat is completed (not after each round).

Carpet bombing scrap decisions are made after all carpet bombing has been completed.

Comments?

Steve

Post #: 402
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/6/2008 8:11:04 PM   
Froonp

quote:

For example, the decisions about scrapping units destroyed in air-to-air combat is made after all the air-to-air combats have been fought. There might be a half dozen or more air-to-air combats, and the program keeps track of all the air units (and their cargo) that have been shot down. Once all the combats have been completely resolved, the program make a digression from the sequence of play asking each player who has a newly destroyed unit whether he wants to scrap it or not.

I think that this is a good idea.
Moreover, I think that WiF would also have done it this way if it didn't necessitate bookeeping. Harry does not want the game to have to remember things, for example here I'm sure the reason for the decision to be immediate is so that the players don't have to set aside in a specific place the destroyed units for future scrapping choice.

quote:

Now technically, WIF FE wants that decision make immediately following the DX or AX result. That requires a lot of stoppages in the SOP while everyone waits for the decision to be made by the individual who owns the unit. My change gathers those decisions all together and processes them as a group. From a programming point of view, this is more efficient, and I think it expedites play as well. I do not think this change has any material effect of the game. In fact, since the decision to scrap is really a production issue in simulation terms, delaying these decisions so they can all be done at the same time seems more realistic. I would even consider delaying them until the production phase at the end of the turn, when other decisions about scrapping units are made - but I will not do that since it would be a major change from WIF FE.

Well, in our group we play it this way, because we do not want during the turn to think about how much of this kind of unit is left to decide if we scrap it or not, so as lazy as we are, we stockpile lost units in Spain or Turkey, and we decide at the end of the turn.

I think you did well.
This changes nothing to the game, and speeds it up.

Post #: 403
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/6/2008 9:53:45 PM   
Norman42

quote:

I think you did well.
This changes nothing to the game, and speeds it up.

Agreed.

I think most WiF groups do the same as Patrice mentioned; pile all the losses in one spot, then decide what to scrap just before production. Doesn't really change anything, just speeds up the flow of the game.

-------------

C.L.Norman

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 404
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/7/2008 1:18:31 AM   
Taxman66

Wouldn't it be easier to make the scrap decisions in the end of turn bookkeeping, just prior to production?  That way you could take care of it all at once and without additional game play interruptions.

I think the benefit vastely outweighs the loss (in terms of changing the sequence of play) as it would very, very rarely make a difference in terms of the owner deciding to keep the unit instead of scrapping it.

(in reply to Norman42)
Post #: 405
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/7/2008 2:26:33 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Taxman66

Wouldn't it be easier to make the scrap decisions in the end of turn bookkeeping, just prior to production?  That way you could take care of it all at once and without additional game play interruptions.

I think the benefit vastely outweighs the loss (in terms of changing the sequence of play) as it would very, very rarely make a difference in terms of the owner deciding to keep the unit instead of scrapping it.

Very tempting. I will certainly do this for PBEM, where I expect to change the SOP quite a bit. Saving a dozen emails is a good and noble thing to do.

For now, I will leave it as is for the other modes of play. I have this knee-jerk adversion to making changes from WIF FE. There is always the lingering suspicion that the change will have some unforeseen consequence.

But thank you all for not only accepting this change, but suggesting that I should push it even further away from RAW.

Steve

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 406
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/7/2008 5:06:27 AM   
Taxman66

I think the main purpose for it in RAW is the 'no memory' ideal.  That is by making the decision at the moment the unit is lost you don't have to keep all your current turn's losses in a separate pile for a later decision prior to builds.  With a computer, that's not an issue.  Maybe you could ask Harry? 

I mean really, how often are additional losses later in the turn going to make someone decide to change his mind about scrapping a unit?  To be honest I can't think of it ever happening.

Post #: 407
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/7/2008 8:01:21 PM   
YohanTM2

Excellent idea, especially for PBEM as Steve notes which is mainly what I will be playing.

quote:

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 408
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/7/2008 11:54:39 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

I think the main purpose for it in RAW is the 'no memory' ideal.  That is by making the decision at the moment the unit is lost you don't have to keep all your current turn's losses in a separate pile for a later decision prior to builds.  With a computer, that's not an issue.  Maybe you could ask Harry? 

I mean really, how often are additional losses later in the turn going to make someone decide to change his mind about scrapping a unit?  To be honest I can't think of it ever happening.

My reluctance to make rules changes is because:

"getting the WIF rules defined is like nailing jello to a wall."

To paraphrase one of the guys from my chorus.

Steve

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 409
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/8/2008 1:23:28 AM   
Froonp

quote:

He plays WiF ?
This said, I would also have said that in the 1992-2000 period, but since then the rules have quite stabilized, and the latest set of rules was left untouched since August 2004, and I would not say that anymore. One and a Half a page of errata in the latest Annual, after 4 years is very small to me.

Post #: 410
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/8/2008 4:36:38 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

quote:

He plays WiF ?
This said, I would also have said that in the 1992-2000 period, but since then the rules have quite stabilized, and the latest set of rules was left untouched since August 2004, and I would not say that anymore. One and a Half a page of errata in the latest Annual, after 4 years is very small to me.

He (Bill) is usually talking about trying to get a group of people organized.

Steve

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 411
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/14/2008 2:12:02 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

I am looking very closely at the air transport and paradrop missions, in light of the clarifications to the rules. In doing so, I have come across a possible problem. But first let me establish a little context, before jumping into the most complex case.

An ATR can start empty or carrying another unit/cargo for an air transport mission. For a paradrop mission, it has to be carrying a qualified unit/cargo. Let’s call its starting hex O for point of origination. The weather in the hex O does not matter for either air transport or paradrop missions. The weather in the destination hex, D, does matter, and may prevent either mission type from being flown.

For air transport missions, the ATR may start empty in hex O and pick up a unit/cargo in hex D. Whether dropping off or picking up cargo in hex D, the air transport mission requires that the ATR be capable of landing in hex D, though it does not have to actually land there. For instance, normally the terrain in hex D could not be mountain.

For paradrop missions, the ATR has to be capable of landing in D, if D is a friendly controlled hex (explicitly stated in the rules). Implicit from that statement is that a paradrop can be made into hex D, even if the ATR can not land there, but if and only if the hex is enemy controlled.

After completing their mission in hex D, both air transport and paradrop missions fly to a return hex, R. Since both air transport and paradrop missions are subject to air-to-air and anti-air combat in hex D, they might be aborting their mission when they fly to R.

Now the tricky bit is that an ATR is forbidden from returning to R with cargo if the weather in R is bad (storm/blizzard). Note that if it is empty, the ATR can return to a bad weather hex. And if the weather isn’t bad, the ATR can return with cargo. The abort result can produce a situation where the ATR still has its cargo and has to find a return hex with acceptable weather.

So my question is what happens to the ATR and its cargo that has been forced to abort, with cargo, from an air transport or paradrop mission when there is no viable return hex due to bad weather?

One partial solution is that for an air transport mission the ATR be forced to land in D, which has good weather and where we know it is capable of landing. This does raise the question of what ‘abort’ means for an air transport mission. For example, the ATR might have been simply trying to fly its cargo from O to D. Even though it is aborted over hex D, is it still permitted to land/deliver its cargo there? I would say yes. But I do not know whether that means it is subject to a second round of air-to-air and anti-air combat? - which would be true if its return hex R is not D.

The more difficult case is for a paradrop mission where the expected mission was to fly from O (which has bad weather) to D, drop the paratroop unit and then return to R (which has bad weather). In fact, R could very well be O. Two solutions are: (1) force the ATR to return to O, so there is no advantage to the phasing player, or (2) destroy the cargo unit and let the ATR return anywhere it likes. I sort of doubt that the crew of the ATR would be capable of pushing all the paratroopers out of the plane, just so the ATR could return to base safely. My preference is for #1.

==========
And while I am posing puzzling questions, is a carrier air unit, aboard a carrier, permitted to fly escort duty for a strategic bombing mission (being flown by a land based bomber), assuming the target hex is within range? Can it fly as an interceptor? In general, can a carrier air unit, while aboard a carrier, fly all fighter missions except naval air?

Steve

Post #: 412
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/14/2008 2:32:55 AM   
Zorachus99

Based on what I've read, the abort allows the cargo to return to base with the cargo disrupted in the case of an abort result, which I would expect supercedes the restriction on allowable mission capability.  Though the rules can be read from a lawyerly (sic?) perspective, I'd say that if the plane left from a restricted weather zone, it should be able to return whence it came with its undestroyed cargo (disrupted).

You can argue the opposite, that the cargo must be destroyed; but the most reasonable extreme I would adjucate is that the cargo would be spiraled.

All of which is not outlined clearly.

Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln

Post #: 413
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/14/2008 2:53:27 AM   
Norman42

quote:

In general, can a carrier air unit, while aboard a carrier, fly all fighter missions except naval air?

Yes, if:

- the weather in both the seazone, and the target hex allows such a mission,
- air mission limits allow,
- the cvp has the range to reach the target hex in question,
- and has not been previously used/aborted

-------------

C.L.Norman

(in reply to Zorachus99)
Post #: 414
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/14/2008 3:09:08 AM   
lomyrin

One partial solution is that for an air transport mission the ATR be forced to land in D, which has good weather and where we know it is capable of landing. This does raise the question of what ‘abort’ means for an air transport mission. For example, the ATR might have been simply trying to fly its cargo from O to D. Even though it is aborted over hex D, is it still permitted to land/deliver its cargo there? I would say yes. But I do not know whether that means it is subject to a second round of air-to-air and anti-air combat? - which would be true if its return hex R is not D.

I, and the group that I played with, have always let the ATR and cargo that was aborted over its destination hex land there but both the ATR and the Cargo would be disrupted. We have never had it suffer a second air/air combat over the same hex.

The ATR with a Para onboard could be returned to its source hex even if the weather there was bad.

In the CV air case, yes, those planes, if not disrupted, can fly fighter and support missions provided their range is sufficient to reach the desired hex observing halving of range where appropriate.

Lars

(in reply to Norman42)
Post #: 415
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/14/2008 3:10:06 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Norman42

quote:

In general, can a carrier air unit, while aboard a carrier, fly all fighter missions except naval air?

Yes, if:

- the weather in both the seazone, and the target hex allows such a mission,
- air mission limits allow,
- the cvp has the range to reach the target hex in question,
- and has not been previously used/aborted

Thanks.

Steve

(in reply to Norman42)
Post #: 416
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/14/2008 3:11:57 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: lomyrin

I, and the group that I played with, have always let the ATR and cargo that was aborted over its destination hex land there but both the ATR and the Cargo would be disrupted. We have never had it suffer a second air/air combat over the same hex.

The ATR with a Para onboard could be returned to its source hex even if the weather there was bad.

In the CV air case, yes, those planes, if not disrupted, can fly fighter and support missions provided their range is sufficient to reach the desired hex observing halving of range where appropriate.

Lars

Good. That seems best to me too. I do need to write special code for these events though [not the Carrier air unit stuff though].

Steve

(in reply to lomyrin)
Post #: 417
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/14/2008 6:16:52 PM   
composer99

As far as I know, any time a plane is returning to base after a mission, it may land in any hex in which it can stack, whether it is carrying cargo or not. The weather requirement for cargo matters only for the target hex of the mission.

Also, if I recall correctly, if an ATR is aborted during combat or picks up a unit at the target hex (rather than dropping one off), the unit gets disorganized as well when it returns to base with the ATR.

Also, an aircraft aborted in combat is never put through a second round of fighting in the same a2a combat, no matter where it lands.

~ Composer99

Post #: 418
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/14/2008 8:46:24 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: composer99

As far as I know, any time a plane is returning to base after a mission, it may land in any hex in which it can stack, whether it is carrying cargo or not. The weather requirement for cargo matters only for the target hex of the mission.

Also, if I recall correctly, if an ATR is aborted during combat or picks up a unit at the target hex (rather than dropping one off), the unit gets disorganized as well when it returns to base with the ATR.

Also, an aircraft aborted in combat is never put through a second round of fighting in the same a2a combat, no matter where it lands.

I am incorporating into Rules as Coded (RAC) a long list of rules questions that Patrice has headed up and that Harry Rowland has answered. One of the changes is to forbid an ATR from returning to base with cargo in a hex experiencing bad weather. I believe this is intended to plug a hole in the rules where:
1 - you can not start with cargo on an ATR and fly to a hex experiencing bad weather, but
2 - you could start with the ATR empty, fly to a hex where you pick up cargo, and then return to base in a hex experiencing bad weather.

1 & 2 seem contradictory, permitting the more difficult mission (2) while forbidding the easier mission (1).
===========
A second round of air-to-air + anti-air combats is normally fought in the ATR's return to base hex from an air transport mission, whether it has cargo or not (see 11.12 of RAW).

Steve

(in reply to composer99)
Post #: 419
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/14/2008 10:51:56 PM   
Froonp

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: lomyrin

Lars

Good. That seems best to me too. I do need to write special code for these events though [not the Carrier air unit stuff though].

Maybe we can add this to the list of questions for Harry ? As a sequel to the Qustion about the ATRs that sprang up this discussion ?

Post #: 420
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Rules Clarification List Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI