Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Rules Clarification List

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Rules Clarification List Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/3/2008 10:20:12 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: capitan

Ohh I think I know this one! Malta and Egypt are territoriy and minor country in respective order aligned to CW which does not cooperate with USSR. This means at least you need to have HQs for the foreign troop commitment. As for placing if satisfying the FTC I don´t know, perhaps only permitted set up in places you control or in other countries if you cooperate with them.

No, that does not apply to a major power's units entering the country of a minor country aligned to another (non-cooperating) major power. See below, from RAC 18.2.
===============
Foreign troop commitments
A major power or minor country unit that ends any step in the home country of a friendly major power it doesn’t co-operate with is destroyed unless:
• it started the step there; or
• it started the step elsewhere and the unit satisfies the foreign troop commitment limit.

A minor country unit that ends any step in the home country of an aligned minor country on the same side is destroyed unless:
• it started the step there; or
• it started the step elsewhere and the unit satisfies the foreign troop commitment limit.

[Clarification. Axis units are also destroyed if they can not satisfy Foreign Troop Commitment requirements in Vichy Administration groups - 2008 WIF Annual.]

[Clarification. Home countries here may be new home countries. It does not refer to territory controlled by a conquering major power - Dec. 29, 2007.]

You satisfy the foreign troop commitment limit if there is at least one HQ from the unit’s home country there (any Commonwealth HQ will do for Commonwealth units) and the total number of that country’s non-HQ units there is less than or equal to the total printed reorganization values of the HQs.

[Clarification. Foreign Troop Commitments (FTC) restrict a unit from entering a country. Once in, it’s ok for the unit to remain, even if the HQ moves out. Note that if you cannot enter a hex because of FTC, then you cannot retreat into it either. However, if an HQ and another land unit are to retreat, and the only retreat path is such that the other land unit would be destroyed if retreated first (due to FTC), but it would survive if the HQ were retreated first, then the HQ must be retreated first. This is because “units must be retreated if possible” - Dec. 29, 2007. The USSR needs to abide by Foreign Troop Commitment requirements to enter Japanese controlled hexes in China, unless China has been conquered - May 12, 2008.]

Example: Two Commonwealth land units are retreated into France by the German player (even though there was a free hex in Belgium that the German player could have retreated them to). Unfortunately for the Commonwealth, Gort and one Commonwealth fighter are already in France. As Gort only has a reorganization value of 2, at the end of the Retreat step the Commonwealth player must destroy 1 of the retreating land units.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to jesperpehrson)
Post #: 511
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/3/2008 10:23:12 PM   
Froonp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

All right, here I am, back again with an arcane rules interpretation.

Why can't the USSR set up units in Egypt (or Malta for that matter) at the start of Decline and Fall?

1 - The setup instructions say the USSR sets up its units in Europe, which includes North Africa.

2 - Egypt is not a major power's home country, so foreign troop commitment restrictions shouldn't apply.

It is not that I want to set up units there; it is just that I want to know which rule forbids it.

If none can be found, then I will change the setup location for the USSR and limit them to USSR/Baltic States/Finland/ ...

I think that it is because 24.1.6 says that :

24.1.6 Setting up
(...)
Where to set up
(...)
If the set up gives you some latitude (e.g. “Europe” or “Burma”), you can set up the unit in any hex you or a co-operating major power controls in that place.
A neutral major power can only set up in hexes it controls.
The CW controls Egypt, and Malta, and the CW is not a Major Power with whom the USSR cooperates.

I think that you are confusing foreign troop commitment, which is a way to enter places that belong to countries you don't cooperate with, with non cooperation which is a state that exist or don't exist.
I mean, Egypt is CW controlled, and as such don't cooperate with the USSR. This means that the USSR can enter Egypt (because a major can always enter a minor even if it don't cooperate with it), but Egypt and the CW nonetheless don't cooperate with the USSR.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 512
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/3/2008 10:26:34 PM   
Froonp

I'd add that this is the reason why we have the following question in the Q&A list :

Q24.4-5
Brute Force Scenario.
Is China allowed to setup 1 INF in CW controlled Burma at the start of the Brute Force Scenario (China does not cooperate with CW)?

Harry> Yes, this is an exception. Date 16/01/2008

The question was asked because 24.4.4 (in chart 30.) says that China should setup 1 INF in Burma, which contradicts 24.1.6 that I quoted above.

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 513
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/3/2008 10:29:07 PM   
Froonp

quote:

Ohh I think I know this one! Malta and Egypt are territoriy and minor country in respective order aligned to CW which does not cooperate with USSR. This means at least you need to have HQs for the foreign troop commitment. As for placing if satisfying the FTC I don´t know, perhaps only permitted set up in places you control or in other countries if you cooperate with them.

A Major Power can always enter an active Minor, and never need an HQ (cooperation is irrelevant). The only times where a HQ is needed is a minor entering a major it don't cooperate with, or a major entering a major it don't cooperate with.

The only problem with entering a minor you don't cooperate with (US or USSR units in Egypt) is that the Capital of the Minor don't supply you.

Post #: 514
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/3/2008 10:55:03 PM   
jesperpehrson

Oh dear, we have played those rules completly wrong then... good to know how it is supposed to be played then 

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 515
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/3/2008 11:03:16 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Froonp

quote:

All right, here I am, back again with an arcane rules interpretation.

Why can't the USSR set up units in Egypt (or Malta for that matter) at the start of Decline and Fall?

1 - The setup instructions say the USSR sets up its units in Europe, which includes North Africa.

2 - Egypt is not a major power's home country, so foreign troop commitment restrictions shouldn't apply.

It is not that I want to set up units there; it is just that I want to know which rule forbids it.

If none can be found, then I will change the setup location for the USSR and limit them to USSR/Baltic States/Finland/ ...

I think that it is because 24.1.6 says that :

24.1.6 Setting up
(...)
Where to set up
(...)
If the set up gives you some latitude (e.g. “Europe” or “Burma”), you can set up the unit in any hex you or a co-operating major power controls in that place.
A neutral major power can only set up in hexes it controls.
The CW controls Egypt, and Malta, and the CW is not a Major Power with whom the USSR cooperates.

I think that you are confusing foreign troop commitment, which is a way to enter places that belong to countries you don't cooperate with, with non cooperation which is a state that exist or don't exist.
I mean, Egypt is CW controlled, and as such don't cooperate with the USSR. This means that the USSR can enter Egypt (because a major can always enter a minor even if it don't cooperate with it), but Egypt and the CW nonetheless don't cooperate with the USSR.

Well, then we can add another exception to the one for the Chinese in Burma. In the Decline and Fall scenario the US sets up units in China, a major power with which it does not cooperate. I'll write the code that way.

Steve

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 516
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/3/2008 11:06:58 PM   
Froonp

quote:

Oh dear, we have played those rules completly wrong then... good to know how it is supposed to be played then 

Not necessarily, it was like this a long time ago, in the first versions of RAW.

Post #: 517
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/3/2008 11:09:11 PM   
Froonp

quote:

Well, then we can add another exception to the one for the Chinese in Burma. In the Decline and Fall scenario the US sets up units in China, a major power with which it does not cooperate. I'll write the code that way.

I think that you can safely make the assumption that each time the setup charts indicate to setup a unit where 24.1.6 would prohibit it to setup, then this means that this is an exception.
For example, if a setup chart told you to setup Russians unit in Egypt, then this would be an exception.

Post #: 518
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/3/2008 11:39:35 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

quote:

I think that you can safely make the assumption that each time the setup charts indicate to setup a unit where 24.1.6 would prohibit it to setup, then this means that this is an exception.
For example, if a setup chart told you to setup Russians unit in Egypt, then this would be an exception.

Well, for Decline and Fall the setup instructions are to place the US units in US, Pacific, or China. China is not normally permitted, so this is an exception.

For the same scenario, the setup instructions say to place the USSR units in Europe, (which includes North Africa). But this time no exception to the general rule (24.1.6) is permitted and the USSR can not place units in North Africa.

These all have to be hard coded (i.e., specifc lines of code added to achieve the intended results case by case).

Steve

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 519
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/13/2008 5:12:02 AM   
brian brian

OK, I hate to ask this question, but one part of the new errata or optionals in the Annual, I forget which, creates a question for me. When using Option 48, Oil, the new capability for one Major Power to use oil owned by another Major Power is intriguing. Seems like a no-brainer, we don't need to simulate administrative details of exactly when oil is transferred where in a game with 2 month turns. But when you go to use this rule, what are some limits on using it? I'm not sure if Steve will include it in MWiF, but he will quickly come across these questions if he does. Let's say the Italians use oil-dependent units worth 1.8 oil points. Then let's say in the same turn the Germans use 2.0 such points. Now, can the Italians say they borrow .4 from the Germans, so the Italians use one saved oil point and the Germans only 2, since they would then use 1.4 and 2.4 respectively? (1.4 rounds down to 1.0 for using oil in whole integer amounts.) I'm not real concerned with which way to answer that, but it would kinda need to be answered to use the rule.

Post #: 520
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/13/2008 5:19:09 AM   
paulderynck

quote:

ORIGINAL: brian brian

OK, I hate to ask this question, but one part of the new errata or optionals in the Annual, I forget which, creates a question for me. When using Option 48, Oil, the new capability for one Major Power to use oil owned by another Major Power is intriguing. Seems like a no-brainer, we don't need to simulate administrative details of exactly when oil is transferred where in a game with 2 month turns. But when you go to use this rule, what are some limits on using it? I'm not sure if Steve will include it in MWiF, but he will quickly come across these questions if he does. Let's say the Italians use oil-dependent units worth 1.8 oil points. Then let's say in the same turn the Germans use 2.0 such points. Now, can the Italians say they borrow .4 from the Germans, so the Italians use one saved oil point and the Germans only 2, since they would then use 1.4 and 2.4 respectively? (1.4 rounds down to 1.0 for using oil in whole integer amounts.) I'm not real concerned with which way to answer that, but it would kinda need to be answered to use the rule.

Good point. I think the intent was for tracing the U.S. Fleet's oil when based in Australia or India and that whole numbers were forseen but I agree this will come up as either a rules abuse or a "gamer" ploy unless clarified.

(in reply to brian brian)
Post #: 521
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/13/2008 6:39:41 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck
quote:

Good point. I think the intent was for tracing the U.S. Fleet's oil when based in Australia or India and that whole numbers were forseen but I agree this will come up as either a rules abuse or a "gamer" ploy unless clarified.

Coincidentally, today I was looking a bug that came up when the US player placed 2 saved oil points in Australia during setup.

Steve

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 522
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/13/2008 2:19:50 PM   
Taxman66

Maybe (with either Harry's blessing or for MWiF 2) we could dump the whole fractional oil uses/doesn't use an oil marker simply by increasing all factors by 10.  Unlike the board game we don't need to limit the number of (or more likely the value of) markers on the board.  So each oil resource will generate either 1 bp or 10 saved oil (new term?); and it would take 10 saved oil to produce a build point... but each oil dependent unit would take a whole number instead of a fraction to be reorganized.

You would have to do something to put back in the freebie .4 each country is allowed.

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

Post #: 523
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/13/2008 4:44:34 PM   
Froonp

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck
quote:

This ploy is against the rule.

If the Italian has 1.8 oil point to reorg units, they NEED to use 2 oil resources. They can use 1 German and 1 Italian, or 2 Italians or 2 Germans, but they NEED to SPEND 2 Oil points.
The Germans having 2.0 oil points needed to reorg units NEED to use 2 oil resources too.

So, in this case, there are 4 oil points to SPEND, whatever you decide as the origin of the oil.

There is nothing to add to the rule to make this enforced, and no clarification from Harry to ask, this is clear from the rule itself already.

Post #: 524
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/13/2008 4:47:22 PM   
Zorachus99

Wait a minute.  I didn't think Italy could use German oil unless it had already been lent AND transported to Italy in a previous turn.

Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 525
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/13/2008 5:50:34 PM   
Norman42

Its a new ruling from the 2008 annual, I assume.

-------------

C.L.Norman

(in reply to Zorachus99)
Post #: 526
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/13/2008 6:02:49 PM   
Froonp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Norman42

You assume well Norman.
This is an errata from the Annual 2008, at page 50.

Quote from the Annual :
Oil (AfA option 48, WiF 13.5.1)
Co-operating major powers may freely use each other’s oil, provided the oil’s owner consents.

(in reply to Norman42)
Post #: 527
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/13/2008 6:54:35 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Norman42

You assume well Norman.
This is an errata from the Annual 2008, at page 50.

Quote from the Annual :
Oil (AfA option 48, WiF 13.5.1)
Co-operating major powers may freely use each other’s oil, provided the oil’s owner consents.

Since it is published as errata, MWIF will include this change. [Though I have closed the rules for MWIF as of July 4, 2008.]

Steve

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 528
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/13/2008 11:45:16 PM   
paulderynck

quote:

This ploy is against the rule.

If the Italian has 1.8 oil point to reorg units, they NEED to use 2 oil resources. They can use 1 German and 1 Italian, or 2 Italians or 2 Germans, but they NEED to SPEND 2 Oil points.
The Germans having 2.0 oil points needed to reorg units NEED to use 2 oil resources too.

So, in this case, there are 4 oil points to SPEND, whatever you decide as the origin of the oil.

There is nothing to add to the rule to make this enforced, and no clarification from Harry to ask, this is clear from the rule itself already.

I've re-read the Oil rule and now agree with Patrice. It is well defined. "This is the minimum number of Oil resources that you must spend" is the key sentence. Unless you want to argue that the word "you" now means two or more jointly co-operating powers versus the single major power that it used to mean.

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 529
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/14/2008 2:49:49 PM   
brian brian

Does Bill Clinton write WiF rules? The answer would depend on what your defition of 'is' is, I guess. Re-reading the rule when I got all the way home from my first WiF gaming session of 2008 (checking email along the way at a pit-stop), I noticed the word 'freely'. So to me, you could borrow just a few tenths from the other Major Power, cuz you can do it 'freely'. So, I don't think it is clear from the rule at all. 'Freely' kind of opens it up pretty wide, imo.

Post #: 530
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/14/2008 4:20:54 PM   
Froonp

quote:

Does Bill Clinton write WiF rules? The answer would depend on what your defition of 'is' is, I guess. Re-reading the rule when I got all the way home from my first WiF gaming session of 2008 (checking email along the way at a pit-stop), I noticed the word 'freely'. So to me, you could borrow just a few tenths from the other Major Power, cuz you can do it 'freely'. So, I don't think it is clear from the rule at all. 'Freely' kind of opens it up pretty wide, imo.

I don't know if you're serious or not, but in case you are.
You can borrow any tenth you want from who you want, ANYWAY, you MUST spend 2 oil point, at your convinence.
This is the same as when you have units that are cut off in separate pockets. If you have 3 separate pockets of units that need 0.4 oil point to reorg, then all pockets need to access to some oil, and you MUST spend at least 1 oil point (1.2 rounded down to 1). You can take it from whatever pocket you want, but you NEED do spend 1.

Post #: 531
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/14/2008 4:29:16 PM   
brian brian

Yes, I am serious. The question is...can you borrow just a few tenths from the other MP, or can you only borrow integer amounts? It could be played either way. I lean towards allowing borrowing tenths. If you can borrow tenths, WiF players will inevitably use that to maximize efficiency of the rounding.

Meanwhile, the newest twist to the oil rules about ships still allows you to use oil cut off in obscure pockets...by just using it for ships at sea.

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 532
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/14/2008 5:01:54 PM   
Froonp

quote:

Yes, I am serious. The question is...can you borrow just a few tenths from the other MP, or can you only borrow integer amounts? It could be played either way. I lean towards allowing borrowing tenths. If you can borrow tenths, WiF players will inevitably use that to maximize efficiency of the rounding.

Meanwhile, the newest twist to the oil rules about ships still allows you to use oil cut off in obscure pockets...by just using it for ships at sea.

Nowhere do you borrow anything.
Either you spend German oil, or you spend Italian oil.
ANYWAY, you need to spend (in the above example where Italy has a 1.8 oil point consumption) 2 oil, wherever you want. If you want to spend German oil, it is your choice. If you want to say you are spending 0.4 German oil, this is your choice too. you MUST SPEND 2 oil whatever. So you'll spend 0.4 German oil PLUS 2 Italian oil.

Please read 13.5.1 again, particulary this :

Work out how many oil dependent units you want to flip face-up. Each HQ-I counts as 2 units, each HQ-A counts as 3 and each aircraft that takes 2 turns to build counts as half a unit. Divide the total by 5. This is the minimum number of oil resources (whether from the current turn or saved) that you must spend.

So in this case, you need to spend a minimin of 2 oil resources, can you read "minimum" differently than "minimum" ?

Post #: 533
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/14/2008 11:08:39 PM   
brian brian

If Italy has 1.7 oil units to flip face-up, and Germany has 2.1, Italy could use 0.3 from the Germans. Italy would use 1.4, and Germany would use 2.4. Then the Axis uses a total of 3 oil instead of 4. I think you might as well play it that way. It will be a slight gain in efficiency for Italy and Germany, and the three western Allies from the mid-game on.

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 534
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/15/2008 12:04:38 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

If Italy has 1.7 oil units to flip face-up, and Germany has 2.1, Italy could use 0.3 from the Germans. Italy would use 1.4, and Germany would use 2.4. Then the Axis uses a total of 3 oil instead of 4. I think you might as well play it that way. It will be a slight gain in efficiency for Italy and Germany, and the three western Allies from the mid-game on.

I think the point here is that, before deciding who is going to supply the oil, it is determined that the Italians have to spend 2 oil points and the Germans have to spend 2 oil points. Then you can freely determine from where those 4 oil points are taken.

Steve

Post #: 535
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/15/2008 12:46:20 AM   
brian brian

thanks Steve. So that way, you are saying you can only use integer amounts from the other Major Power. We just started a new game, and decided to allow using tenths, but we just about flipped a coin to pick. 'Freely' could go either way really. We didn't even think about it until the first re-org phase.

Post #: 536
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/15/2008 3:04:46 PM   
composer99

Taxman66 is probably on the right track: RAW and the Annual oil rule use 10ths of oil counters because even though theoretically there is little limit to your oil aside from what is in the rules, the counter mix & counter piles limit the use of oil markers in table-top WiF. MWiF has no such restriction. If each saved oil generates 10 oil points, you probably don't need the "free" .4 oil since you no longer are removing a whole oil counter (10 oil pts) when you spend 5-9 oil points.

~ Composer99

Post #: 537
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/15/2008 8:01:55 PM   
paulderynck

quote:

ORIGINAL: composer99

Taxman66 is probably on the right track: RAW and the Annual oil rule use 10ths of oil counters because even though theoretically there is little limit to your oil aside from what is in the rules, the counter mix & counter piles limit the use of oil markers in table-top WiF. MWiF has no such restriction. If each saved oil generates 10 oil points, you probably don't need the "free" .4 oil since you no longer are removing a whole oil counter (10 oil pts) when you spend 5-9 oil points.

Yeah you could make flipped convoys free to re-org to both balance off the .4 (actually .45 if you do the one free Convoy a turn in addition to the .4) and to get rid of quarter units which would be half a point at the times ten scale. It is seldom that masses of convoys get re-orged (it plays hell with production).

(in reply to composer99)
Post #: 538
Simultaneus Conquest - 8/7/2008 9:46:47 PM   
Orm

In a recent discussion with a friend we had some trouble with simultaneus conquest.

Example 1.
USSR declares war on Persia. Germany gets control of Persia. Germany and CW is at war. Iraq is a CW minor. USSR units move into Tehran. The Persian cav moves into Baghdad. In the conquest step Persia is conquered by USSR and Iraq is conquered by Germany (since the hexes in Iraq is converted to German control).

Now to the tricky example.

Example 2.
USSR declares war on Persia. Germany gets control of Persia. Iraq is a USSR minor. Germany and USSR are NOT at war. Iraq moves it cav into Tehran and reverts it to USSR control. Persia moves it cav into Baghdad. The hexes stays Persian since Germany is not at war with Iraq(USSR). In the conquest step USSR is in control of Tehran and conquers Persia. Persia is in control of Baghdad. What happens to Iraq?

I am not comfortable with what comes to my mind. Persia conquers Iraq. Germany conquers Iraq. Iraq stays a USSR minor.

RAW7 AUG04
13.7.1 Conquest
You can only conquer a home country or territory if you are at war with the major power or minor country that controls it.
All conquest in a turn occurs simultaneously.
Minor countries never conquer anything. The home country or territory is instead conquered by the minor’s controlling major power (unless it is not at war, see 2.5).
2.5 Control
However, hexes taken from an enemy major power (or its controlled minors) are controlled by the major power taking them regardless of whether those hexes are taken by units of the major power or its controlled minors, unless the major powers are not at war with each other (in which case the hexes are controlled by the minor country taking them).

-Orm

Post #: 539
RE: Simultaneus Conquest - 8/7/2008 9:54:22 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

In a recent discussion with a friend we had some trouble with simultaneus conquest.

Example 1.
USSR declares war on Persia. Germany gets control of Persia. Germany and CW is at war. Iraq is a CW minor. USSR units move into Tehran. The Persian cav moves into Baghdad. In the conquest step Persia is conquered by USSR and Iraq is conquered by Germany (since the hexes in Iraq is converted to German control).

Now to the tricky example.

Example 2.
USSR declares war on Persia. Germany gets control of Persia. Iraq is a USSR minor. Germany and USSR are NOT at war. Iraq moves it cav into Tehran and reverts it to USSR control. Persia moves it cav into Baghdad. The hexes stays Persian since Germany is not at war with Iraq(USSR). In the conquest step USSR is in control of Tehran and conquers Persia. Persia is in control of Baghdad. What happens to Iraq?

I am not comfortable with what comes to my mind. Persia conquers Iraq. Germany conquers Iraq. Iraq stays a USSR minor.

RAW7 AUG04
13.7.1 Conquest
You can only conquer a home country or territory if you are at war with the major power or minor country that controls it.
All conquest in a turn occurs simultaneously.
Minor countries never conquer anything. The home country or territory is instead conquered by the minor’s controlling major power (unless it is not at war, see 2.5).
2.5 Control
However, hexes taken from an enemy major power (or its controlled minors) are controlled by the major power taking them regardless of whether those hexes are taken by units of the major power or its controlled minors, unless the major powers are not at war with each other (in which case the hexes are controlled by the minor country taking them).

-Orm

Sorry, but this seems preety easy to me, unless I am missing something.

In your given scenario, a Persian unit can never conquer Iraq since Germany is not at war with the USSR (and hence Germany is not at war with Iraq). An Iraqi unit can conquer Persia, since the USSR is at war with Persia.

Steve

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 540
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Rules Clarification List Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI