Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Who's Going To Go See "Flags of Our Fathers"?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Who's Going To Go See "Flags of Our Fathers"? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Who's Going To Go See "Flags of Our Fathers&qu... - 11/6/2006 9:50:06 PM   
RealChuckB

Just a short question to those who have already seen it:

I bloody/gory are the battle scenes in Flags? My wife is interested in seeing it, but I'm not sure if it might be too much for her (for example, she never saw Saving Ryan and the first 20 minutes would definitely be too much for her, so a comparison would be interesting). Just to clarify, I'm asking about how the cruelty is actually depicted, not the underlying cruelty of every battle.

Thanks!

Chuck

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 31
RE: Who's Going To Go See "Flags of Our Fathers&qu... - 11/7/2006 12:41:19 AM   
KG Erwin

Chuck, there IS some gore in the movie (after all, this is the PTO we're talking about), but none of it is gratuitous.

There's a cave scene in which you get a glimpse of dead Japanese who committed suicide by blowing themselves up with grenades. That's pretty graphic, but it's brief.

There are no torture scenes or anything like that.

Show your wife some actual Pacific documentary footage, and I think she should be OK with the movie.

I would also recommend that she read the book. It might make it easier to identify who's who in the film. The voiceover you hear at the beginning is the old Capt. Dave Severance being interviewed by James Bradley. He provides the background to the importance of "the picture". The young Severance is played by Neal McDonough (who was also "Buck" Compton in Band of Brothers.)

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 11/7/2006 1:08:23 AM >

(in reply to RealChuckB)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Who's Going To Go See "Flags of Our Fathers"? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI