Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix Games Licenses Award-winning Close Combat Series from Destineer Publishing Corp

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Matrix Games Licenses Award-winning Close Combat Series from Destineer Publishing Corp Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix Games Licenses Award-winning Close Combat Series... - 10/21/2006 5:02:36 AM   
David Heath

Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) is excited to announce that it has obtained the license to Atomic Games’ legendary Close Combat real-time strategy series. Matrix will be updating and enhancing the original games in the series. The first game released will be Close Combat – Cross of Iron.

“We are thrilled to have Destineer’s Close Combat series in our hands,” said David Heath, Operations Manager of Matrix Games. “These games are, even by today’s standards, superior entertainment.”

“ We are excited to be working with Matrix Games for the update to the classic Close Combat series,” Cindy Swanson of Destineer was quoted as saying. “They bring to the table exactly what we need to make this rock-solid production even better.”

Destineer purchased Atomic Games last year, thereby obtaining the Close Combat series. Now, Matrix Games will be working closely with Destineer to bring this exemplary game back to the wargaming community.

Close Combat is a real time two-player series of games spanning some of the grittiest World War II action in gaming, in either single battles or large campaigns. Players command squads and vehicles and lead their men from battle to battle, earning promotions and medals, challenging the player to see them through the end of the conflict.

The original Close Combat series, released between 1996 and 2000, virtually created the genre of military real-time strategy games. Created by Atomic and originally published by Microsoft®, the result was a groundbreaking game series that sold over 1.2 million units and went on to win dozens of military strategy game awards, as well as being named by PC Gamer as one of “The 50 Best Games Ever” in October, 1998. Still recognized for its highly realistic simulation of battlefields, Close Combat was named one of the “Top 10 Strategy Games of All Time” in February of 2004 by GameSpy.

Post #: 1
RE: Matrix Games Licenses Award-winning Close Combat Se... - 10/21/2006 5:06:12 AM   
junk2drive

Wow
CC2 was my first Windows WWII game. I enjoyed CC5 also. Too bad I got too old and slow for RTS.
May you have good luck with the next generation.

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix Games Licenses Award-winning Close Combat Se... - 10/23/2006 9:14:30 PM   
gammalget

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive
Wow
CC2 was my first Windows WWII game. I enjoyed CC5 also. Too bad I got too old and slow for RTS.

+1
My first Windows game was CC.
This will indeed be a interesting title to follow.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix Games Licenses Award-winning Close Combat Se... - 10/24/2006 1:40:06 AM   
Reiryc

quote:

Wow

Good thing that this game rewards slow play and not fast RTS play. My motto is, if you think you need to play this fast, then you aren't playing it right!

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix Games Licenses Award-winning Close Combat Se... - 10/24/2006 2:15:20 AM   
Fred98

quote:

Too bad I got too old and slow for RTS.

This is not RTS

It is not a click fest.

If you believe it, then you are playing it wrong.

Anyhow, you an always set it to run on the slow speed.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 5
RE: Matrix Games Licenses Award-winning Close Combat Se... - 10/24/2006 10:55:05 AM   
WanhaPatu

quote:

CC2 was my first Windows WWII game

Hehe. CC2 was my first Windows(95) game too

I've been waiting for modern CC for some time now. Good to hear it's coming from Matrix Games.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 6
RE: Matrix Games Licenses Award-winning Close Combat Se... - 10/25/2006 12:12:18 AM   
FeurerKrieg

This is the best news EVER!

Close Combat 1, 2, and 5 have (when against a human) created some of my most memorable, pulse pounding gaming moments. I couldn't be happier seeing Matrix get involved with this. HURRAH!!!

Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks

(in reply to WanhaPatu)
Post #: 7
RE: Matrix Games Licenses Award-winning Close Combat Se... - 10/25/2006 12:09:44 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe 98

quote:

Too bad I got too old and slow for RTS.

This is not RTS

It is not a click fest.

If you believe it, then you are playing it wrong.

Anyhow, you an always set it to run on the slow speed.

Yep, you can actually set the game speed. And then it sometimes really needs patience to wait to plot move and attack order at the right time. Far away from a click fest. Yes, sometimes you need ot be fast, but you need to be fast with decisions , the needed mouseclicks / or hotkeys are only few.

(in reply to Fred98)
Post #: 8
RE: Matrix Games Licenses Award-winning Close Combat Se... - 10/25/2006 6:55:02 PM   
general billy

Man this is the best news of the year :)

WITP Games
Scen 16 as Allied = Lost
Scen 13 as Jap = Won
Scen 15 as Allied = Won
Scen 16 as Jap = NA
WPO Games
Scen 6 as Allied = Won
Scen 6 as Japs = NA

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 9
RE: Matrix Games Licenses Award-winning Close Combat Se... - 10/26/2006 7:24:15 PM   
Cathartes

A fresh wind of good news.

(in reply to general billy)
Post #: 10
RE: Matrix Games Licenses Award-winning Close Combat Se... - 10/28/2006 3:36:34 AM   
TSCofield

That is good news.

Good luck with it.  CC was one of my first non dos based games.

Thomas S. Cofield
Feature Editor, SimHQ.com
t.co0field@comcast.net (stopped the SimHq mail since I get nothing but spam)

(in reply to Cathartes)
Post #: 11
RE: Matrix Games Licenses Award-winning Close Combat Se... - 11/4/2006 9:46:05 PM   
Beeblebrox

Thank you for the well wishes.  It is appreciated.  As a crazy sad mad CC geek git myself, I am very pleased that we have managed to get this series back on the road, and have the opportunity to embark on new releases in the future.  Perhaps good things do come to those who wait patiently?...

(in reply to TSCofield)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Matrix Games Licenses Award-winning Close Combat Series from Destineer Publishing Corp Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI