Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? - 11/15/2006 10:45:41 PM   
old man of the sea

I am neck deep in training sims for Police use. SWAT, JHAT, room entry for high risk warrent service, that kind of thing.

E

"Point me to a 'civilised' part of the General Forum and I'll steer way clear of it." - Soddball

Some people can tell what time it is by looking at the sun, but I never have been able to make out the numbers.

(in reply to Guz)
Post #: 31
RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? - 12/12/2006 11:16:12 AM   
Toppers

Wll I have CC2, 3 and 5 can you believe it I traded in my CC4for some crappy game I don't even remember now  I still get them out and play now and again I like CC2 CC3 is ok and 5 is alright.  Mine all orignal purchases from the first day they saw light on the shelves in the computer shop in my home town.

If they can do a good version of the CC game (better than the RTB for instance) then good show....but I am excited that some one has taken it on, there is a healthy CC group out there that keep pumping out the maps etc for us.....

Col. Sink: If they come by here y'all remember to smile for the camera. Got to keep the moral up for them folks back home.
Richard Winters: Why?
Col. Sink: Damned if I know

(in reply to Guz)
Post #: 32
RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? - 12/12/2006 11:21:27 AM   
Toppers

Just in case no one has been here before here is a site to visit (sorry if you already know about it)

http://www.closecombat.org/forums/index.php??

Col. Sink: If they come by here y'all remember to smile for the camera. Got to keep the moral up for them folks back home.

(in reply to Guz)
Post #: 33
RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? - 12/12/2006 4:58:11 PM   
Beeblebrox

My mum was born in Scarborough LOL!.  Thanks for the mention Toppers... I'm hoping that CoI will encourage new or reborn CC Community Sites

(in reply to Toppers)
Post #: 34
RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? - 12/13/2006 10:44:13 AM   
Toppers

well I drag them back at least 3 times a year and play them again, I have firends who still insist that they are the best game ever!

Yes Scarborough Jewel of the east coast........

(in reply to Beeblebrox)
Post #: 35
RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? - 12/14/2006 7:51:23 AM   
Ragbag

Been playing them stock and modded every week since they came out. Always H2H, always campaign. Squad Leader cardboard is the only thing better, but my favorite opponent is a thousand miles away. Technology rocks.
Right now we're in the Ardennes with CC4, and loving it!

(in reply to Guz)
Post #: 36
RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? - 12/14/2006 1:39:24 PM   
Rabbitman

Close Combat 1-Loved it and I'm wasn't a person then, who usually liked games where you can't alter history to a significant degree. I remember loving the morale aspect and the general presentation. Still have the game but no box.

Close Combat 2-Got it, a few years after the fact but it was still much fun. Still have the game and even the cd case.

Close Combat 3-Played the demo but had a crappy computer at the time and by the time I got a good enough computer, I couldn't find the game.

Close Combat 4-Don't know anything about it.

Close Combat 5-Bit disappointed with it. Good game and cheap discount price but the presenation was sub-par. I threw the damn Allies back into the see and got some text message telling me I did better than the historical germans. As it was a fairly recent purchase, I have all it came with(granted it was a discount game and it just came in a crappy discount plastic case).

Pride of the League

(in reply to Ragbag)
Post #: 37
RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? - 12/18/2006 12:44:15 AM   
squadleader_id

You should try and get CC4...then try the amazingly brutal VetBoB mod.
As for CC5...if you find the original game bland...try downloading and installing the wide range of mods for CCV. Right now I'm having a real blast playing Stalingrad Der Kessel...I don't care if my gamer friends are all playing Company Of Heroes...I'm having more fun with CC...maybe I'm just too old for the newer clickfest WW2 RTS titles .

< Message edited by squadleader_id -- 12/18/2006 4:18:54 AM >

(in reply to Rabbitman)
Post #: 38
RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? - 12/18/2006 8:07:28 AM   
Rysyonok

I owned 2-5... I must have tossed away 2 when 4 and 5 came out, and soon 4 followed... 3 and 5 stayed, both complemented with a lot of mods. I daresay I downloaded and played almost every 5 mod :p

(in reply to Veldor)
Post #: 39
RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? - 12/18/2006 12:32:51 PM   
Rabbitman

I may have to give some of these CC5 mods a try, thanks:)

Oh and I'm getting the impression that CC4, was something to do with the Battle of the Bulge. Is that correct?? Because that has to be about my favourite period of WW2.

Pride of the League

(in reply to Rysyonok)
Post #: 40
RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? - 12/18/2006 1:22:27 PM   
squadleader_id

Yup, CC4 covers Battle Of The Bulge.
But if you have trouble finding CC4, just look for the Ardennes Offensive Mod for CC5...it's basically CC4 ported to CC5 . Good luck!

(in reply to Rabbitman)
Post #: 41
RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? - 12/19/2006 2:13:49 PM   
Rabbitman

Thanks, will try my darndest.

Pride of the League

(in reply to squadleader_id)
Post #: 42
RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? - 12/19/2006 8:58:42 PM   
Stardog

Man..... Just found this post and GAME IN THE WORKS = CC -COI!!
Some how I missed this game at MATRIX ? Can't wait for the blood bath to start!
2007 is looking pretty sweet! Hope I get a good bonus $$$ this year..
Thanks again MATRIX!!

< Message edited by Stardog -- 12/19/2006 9:09:23 PM >

(in reply to old man of the sea)
Post #: 43
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI