Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Russian long campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Russian long campaign Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Russian long campaign - 8/3/2000 5:49:00 PM   
McGib

My hats off to you guys who play Russian long campaign games. I started one the other day, first battle, river crossing defence, no problem. Second battle, a meeting engagment, my tank gunners could not hit the ground with their foot!! For 3 turns I had 2 platoons of T34's and a 45mm AT gun dueling with a single Stug b. Most of my shots were 30% range and plowing up dirt. The stug was dinging everything. Finally a T34 hit it and killed it. This is all bad enough but I had my hitting rating set at 250% just so I could hit something. Btw range was 6-7 hexes. McGib Ready Aye Ready

Ready Aye Ready
Post #: 1
- 8/3/2000 7:28:00 PM   
Nikademus

your gunners must have been put into their tanks straight from the rail cars that had come up to the front from the recruitment centers! ;-)

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 2
- 8/3/2000 7:54:00 PM   
Musti

quote:

Originally posted by Nikademus: your gunners must have been put into their tanks straight from the rail cars that had come up to the front from the recruitment centers! ;-)
Yeah, it seems funny, but I have seen pictures of WW2-era T-34 tanks, where the instructions of how to use that particular tank model were written in the tank interior! Talk about some serious lack of training...

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 3
- 8/3/2000 8:40:00 PM   
Nikademus

given that alot of men were thrown into the frew in 41 helter skelter, i would expect to see exp ratings as low as 35-45! (since 50 is supposed to equate to near full training but sans experience) and we know how lackluster 50ish is! It must have taken a stoic and brave person to attempt to go to war with such a minimum of training. This is why i'd advocated the creation of a seperate setting for "morale". Right now morale ratings closely mirror the exp setting (if not using Country training) it would be interesting to see how some battles would go (outside of an edited scenerio) with low exp but high morale troops would fare against seasoned veterans

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 4
- 8/3/2000 8:44:00 PM   
renwor

quote:

Originally posted by Musti: Yeah, it seems funny, but I have seen pictures of WW2-era T-34 tanks, where the instructions of how to use that particular tank model were written in the tank interior!
Yeah!!! And that was improvement in fact! Version A) of instructions was written on the tank exterior, which caused some unexpected complications in real battles !!! Renwor

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 5
- 8/3/2000 8:55:00 PM   
Seth

quote:

Originally posted by renwor: Yeah!!! And that was improvement in fact! Version A) of instructions was written on the tank exterior, which caused some unexpected complications in real battles !!! Renwor
Comrade Leytnant, the engine has stalled! How do we start it? Creeak (hatch opens) Okay, pump the gas ped..KLOOOOOONG!!! ... Eeeeww. Can someone hand me a rag to wipe this off?

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 6
- 8/3/2000 9:09:00 PM   
Nikademus

ah memories. to this day the toughest long campaign i've ever fought was as the Russians starting in 39. first i took a whuppin from those freaky Finns (comon guys! we were only liberating your country right???!!!) then by the time i'd managed to acumulate enough points to replace all my tank losses (the one campaign where the points could'nt keep up with the loss rate, that speaks volumes right there!) the Germans invaded and it was one defeat after another until early 43!!!! then there was the battle in which a single Tiger tank first made its debut. I did'nt have to wait for my tank crews to rout. I beat em to it! (Scene from Monty Phython RUN AWAY!!!!!) things eventually turned sweet though once i got my paws on some T-34/85's. Much revenge was taken on those heavily armored facist beasties! [This message has been edited by Nikademus (edited August 03, 2000).]

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Russian long campaign Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI