Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: On towards 0.5

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: On towards 0.5 Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: On towards 0.5 - 6/19/2007 10:13:31 PM   
Rainer

In that sense you're right of course (neither US citizens nor members of the British Empire will argue, I suppose, not to mention Dutch, Australians and New Zealanders). EDIT: Oops, nearly forgot Canadians

However, I'm under the impression that Woos' utility is checking wether the leader in question is from the "wrong" side (or not existent). But again, that is simply an assumption, thus not meant to be a valid argument.

IF the utility checks if the ship's/TF's nationality matches that of the commander THEN not only are you right, but also the utility does exactly what it is supposed to do.
With ships and TFs the player has no means to check this, because the commander selection screens do not list the nationality.

Well, anyway, Woos has the saves and is looking into this.
Cheers
Rainer

< Message edited by Rainer -- 6/19/2007 10:37:56 PM >

(in reply to Cpt Sherwood)
Post #: 481
RE: On towards 0.5 - 6/19/2007 10:16:26 PM   
Feinder

With 17 pages of posts, and everybody blathering over this thing, I decided to pull it down.  It does look to have some nice toys...    Now I just gotta figure out a way slip out of the office early so I can go home to set it up...

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 482
RE: On towards 0.5 - 6/19/2007 10:46:09 PM   
Rainer

You won't be disappointed.
If playing Allies you probably will appreciate most (my view of course)
- the Search view (circles of search areas, similar to the search view of old PacWar)
- the Upgrade info (which ships are overdue for an upgrade, which ships will be due for upgrade at a given date)
- Capital Ships History (where are they, where have they been during the last moves)
- Ship Repair Facilities, Usage and Consumption
plus a lot more.
If playing Japanese it's probably the best time saver ever.
Cheers
Rainer

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 483
RE: On towards 0.5 - 6/19/2007 10:50:10 PM   
Feinder

Yeah, it looks pretty sweet.

quote:

- the Upgrade info (which ships are overdue for an upgrade, which ships will be due for upgrade at a given date)

Did you notice this IN GAME has been recently added?  It's pretty sweet.  When you pull up "all ships" or the list ships in a port, theres a button that says "show all ships due upgrade".

It's very nice.

And it seems that it's recent, that you can now pull up the various aircraft pools. 
"Show planes with AC in pool". 
"Show AC without pools" (which would mean those in r-n-d.
"Show both".

These are nice toys that have recently been added in-game, if you haven't noticed them before.

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 484
RE: On towards 0.5 - 6/19/2007 11:06:45 PM   
Rainer

I double checked (game date Aug 44)
A.T. Newton - the commander of the TF in question - is a British Captain, presumably Navy.
The only British ARMY CPT I found is one Mr. L.G. Gill (assuming I did the correct query).
Cheers
Rainer

Post #: 485
RE: On towards 0.5 - 6/19/2007 11:28:58 PM   
Rainer

quote:

Did you notice this IN GAME has been recently added?

Sure saw that one (and APPRICIATE it!). Now even my APs and AKs are upgraded to get the latest and finest in AA.
Think that was added with 1.8xx by Don, but am not sure.
They (the developers) recently have done very nice things to make life a lot easier.
WitP seems to be in good hands these days

EDIT: says in reply to Rainer (that's me?) but is meant to be a reply to Feinder

< Message edited by Rainer -- 6/19/2007 11:31:20 PM >

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 486
RE: On towards 0.5 - 6/20/2007 12:22:15 AM   
Dili

I am editing a Mod and sometimes i need to check production data Vs official TO&E. Will this tool show up for example how many 150mm Howitzers i have in my scenario? Reading start posts it seem it doesnt so i just need a confirmation.

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 487
RE: On towards 0.5 - 6/20/2007 12:56:36 AM   
Woos

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dili
Will this tool show up for example how many 150mm Howitzers i have in my scenario?

*Cough*, *cough*. Currently the tool has no idea that LCU consist of individual devices. Sooner or later it will have to know at least a bit of that (I want to do a few more overviews like AV distribution, AA protection, ...). But I doubt it will ever present you the number of 150mm Howitzers you have. Technically that would be easy (just extend the DB a bit and do a join, and if it is a scenario problem you can even do it on the .csv files generated by witpload) but I neither know a) why anyone would like to know it and b) where to present it in the UI.

@Rainer
Only leaders from the other side should be shown as foreign. Leaders from the wrong service are so common ...... .

quote:

ORIGINAL blam0
There is a problem with Ship Wa 101 as follows:
Couldn't write things to the DB due to java.sql.SQLException: Integrity constraint violation - no parent ShipClassMustExist table: ShipClasses

So have a look in game what the class of Ship Wa 101 is supposed to be (at the top of the ship description screen) and look if that exists in game. If yes, did you have some problems during database initialization (like witpDecoder claiming you having circles in your upgrade path)? Does anyone know of problems with CHS 158?

quote:

ORIGINAL Feinder
Did you notice this IN GAME has been recently added?

But in witpDecoder you are also shown:
- The future upgrades
- A rough overview of what improvements you can expect of the upgrade (top line in the big window of the Upgrades Tab)
- Where approximately on the map the ships are (normally knowing that they are in TF1312 isn't that helpful).

< Message edited by Woos -- 6/20/2007 12:58:31 AM >

(in reply to Dili)
Post #: 488
RE: On towards 0.5 - 6/20/2007 2:09:03 AM   
Woos

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rainer
both versions show under "inconsistencies" a couple of TFs which have "either no leader or a foreign one".
The funny thing is, all these TFs (they're all British) DO have a British leader (a CPT).
All these TFs are Auto Convoy TFs currently at port, loading supplies.

That seems to be the cause. For mysterious reasons, Witp does use the captain of the flag ship of a computer controlled TF as its TF leader but does not enter that leader into the TF data structure (as it happens with non-computer-controlled TFs). Looks a bit like a bug to me but one interestingly compensate for by WitP's code (as the TF-Screen shows a leader).

Not much witpDecoder can do about that except no longer expecting computer-controlled TFs to have a leader at all (requirement for that: find out how computer-controlled TFs are marked in the save file). But is anyone besides Rainer actually using computer-controlled TFs?

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 489
RE: On towards 0.5 - 6/20/2007 3:23:01 AM   
Cpt Sherwood

No, I do not use Auto Convoy.

(in reply to Woos)
Post #: 490
RE: On towards 0.5 - 6/20/2007 3:33:30 AM   
Dili

quote:

*Cough*, *cough*. Currently the tool has no idea that LCU consist of individual devices. Sooner or later it will have to know at least a bit of that (I want to do a few more overviews like AV distribution, AA protection, ...). But I doubt it will ever present you the number of 150mm Howitzers you have. Technically that would be easy (just extend the DB a bit and do a join, and if it is a scenario problem you can even do it on the .csv files generated by witpload) but I neither know a) why anyone would like to know it and b) where to present it in the UI.

Thanks for your information. The reason is simple, usually units are not full strenght even at start of a war. If i "fill" all units to the "top" of TO&E i certainly will have in many devices more guns than those produced. Of course i could have just made Brigades and Divisions * number of Guns but then not all have the same TO&E. I  would also be interested in knowing how many of a certain type of a Gun or any other device was build during a campaign.

What would be your advice for someone like that doesnt know how to "extending" de database, "joining" the database. Where to start learning?

(in reply to Woos)
Post #: 491
RE: On towards 0.5 - 6/20/2007 7:41:27 AM   
blam0

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woos

quote:

ORIGINAL blam0
There is a problem with Ship Wa 101 as follows:
Couldn't write things to the DB due to java.sql.SQLException: Integrity constraint violation - no parent ShipClassMustExist table: ShipClasses

So have a look in game what the class of Ship Wa 101 is supposed to be (at the top of the ship description screen) and look if that exists in game. If yes, did you have some problems during database initialization (like witpDecoder claiming you having circles in your upgrade path)? Does anyone know of problems with CHS 158?

Looked in the ship list, and the ship does not exist in either current or "future" ship deliveries. "Wa" named ships are all IJN MSW class ships. Hope that helps.

Thanks!

(in reply to Woos)
Post #: 492
RE: On towards 0.5 - 6/20/2007 1:05:17 PM   
aztez

Woos: A big thank you! I put the "password" and it WORKED out!

This utility is looking great. Already noticed that I need to expand my naval yards IF I'am to survive.

(in reply to blam0)
Post #: 493
RE: On towards 0.5 - 6/20/2007 4:47:51 PM   
WhoCares

quote:

... But is anyone besides Rainer actually using computer-controlled TFs?

The AI does
In my current game against the AI I once in a while 'cheat' and take command of the Japanese (AI) to streamline production, aircraft upgrades, ship upgrades (as far as the AI allows me - usually takes over the TFs, or creates new TFs with the ships that just had dispanded in port before they can upgrade in the next turn ).
To get an overview what to expand/shift/accelerate... I find this tool an invaluable help, e.g. to avoid building naval or merchant yard pools but instead shutting down some Fabs or accelerating some ships...

(in reply to Woos)
Post #: 494
RE: On towards 0.5 - 6/20/2007 9:14:26 PM   
qgaliana

quote:

@Rainer
Only leaders from the other side should be shown as foreign. Leaders from the wrong service are so common ...... .

Now that I think of it the leaders from wrong service only come up in my 'commanding more than one unit' section of discrepancies. Obviously not Rainer's problem...

(in reply to Woos)
Post #: 495
Baffling problem - 6/25/2007 11:43:29 PM   
blam0

I'm lost here, and hoping that someone can help me.  I'm still getting this error from scen 158 when I try to load a savefile: "There is a problem with Ship Wa 101 as follows:
java.sql.SQLException: Integrity constraint violation - no parent ShipClassMustExist table: ShipClasses"

Problem is, that my search through the .CSV files, and the in-game database indicates, as well as assurances from Andrew Brown, tell me that there is not Wa 101 in the game.     I'm willing to invest some time in this so that someone else does not have the same problem, but I just don't know where to look at this point.

Thanks!

Post #: 496
RE: Baffling problem - 6/26/2007 12:23:58 AM   
Woos

Sorry, I remember your problem report but I think it got lost a bit in all the fun I caused with the bugs I added when introducing air groups. You got a PM with the e-mail address.

(in reply to blam0)
Post #: 497
Don't use Batch loading - 6/28/2007 1:57:03 AM   
Woos

Just a warning to everyone. Do not use "Load savefile batch" in the latest versions. It seems that a bug I introduced (which causes lots of INSERT-DELETE-INSERT sequences in the database) and a probable bug in hsqldb (which seems to get triggered by such sequences) have conspired to cause completely outrageous exceptions like wrong casts within the database code after you read in a few save files in a row.

Currently I'm reworking all the database writing to get the number of INSERTs/DELETEs even more down.

Other interesting thing which came up during that:
* If you think you have many units hit by the "No/wrong leader" bug, wait for the next version. I actually forgot to delete leaders from the witpDecoder database when they changed nationality (i.e. Leader X from IJN is sunk and gets replaced by Leader Y from USAF in the save file => witpDecoder would keep leader X in its database).
* The next version will also provide shocking revelations to the question whether leaders' attributes increase or not.

< Message edited by Woos -- 6/28/2007 1:58:22 AM >

(in reply to Woos)
Post #: 498
RE: Don't use Batch loading - 6/28/2007 3:05:07 AM   
scout1

Hey Woo's ....

In case you don'thave it or that no one has suggested it .....

Would be helpful to have a showing/listing of ports (with repairyards) that have a chance of repairing a given size ship. Granted it may not actually do it due to many other ships, but would be nice to see ports of choice while I'm inbound to the Home Islands ....

Just a suggestion in case you haven't already done this or something equivalent

(in reply to Woos)
Post #: 499
RE: Don't use Batch loading - 6/29/2007 2:29:55 PM   
rtrapasso

bump

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 500
RE: Don't use Batch loading - 6/29/2007 6:19:29 PM   
siRkid

Ok I gave this a try several weeks ago and could not get it to run. I have a request forthe designer. Can you please start a new thread with current links to the latest files with instructions on how to install the various parts?  I know its all in here somewhere but trying to go through 18 pages is making my head hurt.

< Message edited by Kid -- 6/29/2007 6:20:10 PM >

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 501
RE: Don't use Batch loading - 6/29/2007 6:25:14 PM   
Oliver Heindorf

Kid, its on page 1. ya dont need to read all the pages. but its worth

Just go to page 1, download the .zip file, install it. read the manual careful.

replace the witpdecoder2.jar file with the 04c.jar file and rename it to witpdecoder2.jar like described. install the database ( witpdecoder does this automatically when you load up a game for the first time in a new folder/save game. remeber each savegame needs a new folder &installation of a databse.

if ya get trouble downloading a jar file, get a better browser ( i.e. throw M$ IE in the trash can ) or use the right mouse button.

it all explained on page 1 and in the manual. and a 100 times between page 2 and 17

the page 1 shows the actual files aviable.imho there is no need to have 1000 threads explaining always the same. everything needed is here in this thread and I think it is easier for all of us having things together.

ah, dont forget to have the actual java RT version installed first !
witp decoder even works out for my game started with 1.3 some years ago !

< Message edited by Oliver Heindorf -- 6/29/2007 6:55:32 PM >

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 502
RE: WitpDecoder; Now providing some overview - 6/30/2007 2:18:03 AM   
Andvari

Woos, great utility. It appears to be a full-time job answering all the posts. I appreciate and applaud your effort and patience.

(in reply to Woos)
Post #: 503
RE: WitpDecoder; Now providing some overview - 7/8/2007 12:20:47 PM   
Bahnsteig

Hi all,

I have still problems to get my Industry displayed :(
This I have done till now:
1. Downloaded the witpdecoder.zip
2. Created a Subfolder for my PBEM game  \SAVE\analysis
3. Extracted the files into this folder
4. Edited password and it works fine
6. Placed WitpLoader.exe in SCEN folder
7. Executed batch file
8. Selected File> Initialize Database
9. Entered the following information
· Scenario – 155
· Nationally – Japan
· Checked the PBEM box
11. Selected Initialize
12. So Far So Good
13. Loaded save file
14. Everything works except Industry

I'm using clusterbases.csv and clusters.csv from SCEN 160 and I put them in the \analysis-folder together with the witpdecoderfiles.
I modyfied clusters.csv from -1,"CHS 160, AB Ext Map" to -1,"CHS 155, AB Ext Map" for my Scenario and replaced the witpdecoder2.jar file with the 04c.jar file and renamed it to witpdecoder2.jar like described.
Once I erased all clusters and bases which are not under my control like discribed in one of the posts, but it didn't help.
And I RTFM :) but I don't know what I did wrong.

Thanx in advance

(in reply to Andvari)
Post #: 504
RE: WitpDecoder; Now providing some overview - 7/8/2007 11:07:00 PM   
Woos

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bahnsteig
14. Everything works except Industry

Could you be more specific how things are not working? Did you have a look at witpDecoder.log?

A few comments on your trials to get it working (which I find great, better try first on your own then asking obvious questions here):
quote:

I modyfied clusters.csv from -1,"CHS 160, AB Ext Map" to -1,"CHS 155, AB Ext Map" for my

Once I erased all clusters and bases which are not under my control like discribed in one of the posts, but it didn't help.

Note that except for the displayed heading and the fact that it must exist the "-1" line does not carry any functionality. Thus it can not be the reason for your problem.

And this erasing thing might be posted by people but is nevertheless unnecessary. WitpDecoder knows which bases are yours.

(in reply to Bahnsteig)
Post #: 505
RE: WitpDecoder; Now providing some overview - 7/9/2007 10:43:27 PM   
Bahnsteig

Industry is blank :) and the logfile is empty
And I don't know where i did go wrong because nobody else has the same problem.

(in reply to Woos)
Post #: 506
RE: WitpDecoder; Now providing some overview - 7/10/2007 12:03:44 PM   
rogeur

hi there,

got it running , i also rtfm but, noob that i am, i cant get the cluster thingy right.
Is there some who has them made for scen 192?
And no, the ones in the folder clusterdefinitions don't work.
ty for your patience 

(in reply to Bahnsteig)
Post #: 507
RE: WitpDecoder; Now providing some overview - 7/10/2007 3:30:55 PM   
Bahnsteig

Hi,

if you have the same problem displaying the industry as i had, try to put the .csv files in the same directory with witpdecoder and delete the four witp files (witp.backup, witp.data, witp.script and witp.properties). Than try start the witpdecoder and initialize again.
This tip from Wooz helped me to use this great tool.

(in reply to rogeur)
Post #: 508
RE: WitpDecoder; Now providing some overview - 7/10/2007 7:34:06 PM   
rogeur

I have deleted the previous map i made and made a new one.
Just called it 192. Also a map wich i called 15.
Both do run now as they should be. Dont no why it worked this
time, but hey, computers work in mysterious ways i guess.
Ty for your help anyway

I have another question . Its about the leaders. They do appear,
but when i filter them with hq,army,gen , it still gives all the generals it has.
Thus also the lgen. Is that weird or (most likely) do i something wrong here ?

ty

(in reply to Bahnsteig)
Post #: 509
RE: WitpDecoder; Now providing some overview - 7/12/2007 7:55:17 PM   
Woos

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogeur
when i filter them with hq,army,gen , it still gives all the generals it has.
Thus also the lgen. Is that weird or (most likely) do i something wrong here ?

No, intentionally you will always get the rank you choose plus the one below it. Reason: That's what you typically need as ships, LCUs, ... allow the selection of leaders from two neighbouring ranks.
Alas for air groups this is no longer true.

(in reply to rogeur)
Post #: 510
Page:   <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: On towards 0.5 Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI