Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitpDecoder; Now providing some overview

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitpDecoder; Now providing some overview Page: <<   < prev  16 17 18 [19] 20   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitpDecoder; Now providing some overview - 8/7/2007 2:49:08 AM   
scout1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woos

What is the Entry below "English (United States)" in the Installed services list. I mean the barely visible blue icon which seems to contain a "K". This isn't maybe something like "Korean"? If yes, try removing it.

You might also want to click on Advanced, there is something to switch off most of the language support (sorry am on Linux currently and can't look it up). It shouldn't be necessary to disable it (e.g. I have languages support enable so I can type either with German or with English keyboard) but one never knows.

Actually it did stand for Korean. This is how it was set up. Disabled it. Still no dice. I'm uploading the language support screen. Just let me know where you want me to go .....

btw, checked java on the 2nd pc, was running 1.5.0 b06

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Woos)
Post #: 541
RE: WitpDecoder; Now providing some overview - 8/7/2007 3:30:57 AM   
Local Yokel

Suggest you try checking the box 'Turn off advanced text services.' Have appended another screen dump with help text showing this is a temporary switch-off of advanced text services.

Then create new witpdecoder.bat file by opening a new file in Notepad and copying and pasting the required commands from here:

echo off
REM java -Djava.library.path=%CD% -jar witpdecoder2.jar PasswordHere
java -Djava.library.path=. -jar witpdecoder2.jar (type in your password here)

Save the file as witpdecoder.bat where you have installed the witpdecoder files, making sure that in the 'Save' dialog you choose 'All files' in the 'Save as type' drop-down - otherwise Notepad will add a .txt suffix to the filename.

This should ensure that the new witpdecoder.bat file is using a single byte character set - if the original was created with Korean selected as input language, it may contain double byte characters, including your password. If so, that might be what's causing the error. In that case, simply editing/copying from the existing witpdecoder.bat file may just perpetuate the error.

HTH

*Edit - sorry, forgot to embed picture in post - now rectified*

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Local Yokel -- 8/7/2007 3:32:00 AM >

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 542
RE: WitpDecoder; Now providing some overview - 8/7/2007 5:46:39 AM   
scout1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Local Yokel

Suggest you try checking the box 'Turn off advanced text services.' Have appended another screen dump with help text showing this is a temporary switch-off of advanced text services.

Then create new witpdecoder.bat file by opening a new file in Notepad and copying and pasting the required commands from here:

echo off
REM java -Djava.library.path=%CD% -jar witpdecoder2.jar PasswordHere
java -Djava.library.path=. -jar witpdecoder2.jar (type in your password here)

Save the file as witpdecoder.bat where you have installed the witpdecoder files, making sure that in the 'Save' dialog you choose 'All files' in the 'Save as type' drop-down - otherwise Notepad will add a .txt suffix to the filename.

This should ensure that the new witpdecoder.bat file is using a single byte character set - if the original was created with Korean selected as input language, it may contain double byte characters, including your password. If so, that might be what's causing the error. In that case, simply editing/copying from the existing witpdecoder.bat file may just perpetuate the error.

HTH

*Edit - sorry, forgot to embed picture in post - now rectified*

Guys, I do thank you for the input .... But alas this continues to task me.......

Disabled the services as recommended. Opened notepad. Copied directly from the forum post. Changed to my password.
Did a save as (all files) and chose witpdecoder.bat (ansi, noticed I had a choice here) and saved into the sub directory which has WitpDecoder2. Fired it up, got the opening window. Hit load save game, chose from my upper save game directory. Got same error message about password .....

Now I will admit, I am a computer weenie with barely enough knowledge to be dangerous to myself. But .... Isn't there something that I can create in notepad and provide to the more learned which can slice and dice and at least tell me whether this is a "language" thing or not .....

I have tried on 2 separate pc's, both running XP. This one is a recent laptop from work (but run everything from an external harddrive) and the other is a 4 year old desktop that was purchased for home use (not that I use it anymore). Frankly, the only thing I can even think they both have in common (on purpose from my standpoint) is McAfee Virus software (work provides it for home use as well). Can't see why that would have anything to do with it.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Local Yokel)
Post #: 543
RE: WitpDecoder; Now providing some overview - 8/7/2007 5:58:40 AM   
scout1

On second thought, if it were a language thing and the devil was built in when I edited the bat file to add my password, wouldn't that carry over to someone else trying to excute it (given I provided the entire directory structure) ? In other words, if I create the sub-directory and edit the bat file and then send it and the save game file to someone else, if it were a language thingy, wouldn't they also get hit with it ? Or is it limited to my system interpreting a given file structure ? If that is the case, then I should be able to open a witpdecoder game save provided by someone else... true ?

Of course, you realize how silly I'll feel when it turns out that there was something really basic that I did wrong and nobody thought about asking the obvious question .....

Post #: 544
RE: WitpDecoder; Now providing some overview - 8/7/2007 8:34:13 AM   
FeurerKrieg

Hi Woos -

Recently upgrade to the latest version. I have no flicker problems on the naval search overview in Windows OS at all.

Also - as a request (in case no one has asked yet) for future upgrade: would it be possible to you to add the (XX) number for aircraft frames in the "Produced for" tab? Right now I believe it is only showing engine use for factories that are turned on and complete. Would be nice to see what is under construction also and also good to see what is idle (turned off). I use that screen to tell me how many airframes are produced, I just do the simple math (# of engines produced for / # engines per frame = # of frames being produced).

It would be nice if that section had that info so I didn't need to think about it, plus the turned off and under repair #'s as well.

Again, great work as always, thanks for this again and again - it has saved me immense amounts of time in my PBEM's.

Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 545
RE: WitpDecoder; Now providing some overview - 8/7/2007 10:50:41 PM   
Woos

@scout1

I think you send the files mostly zipped. zip does interesting things with files it presumes to be text files (e.g. adapt CR/LF sequences).

Sorry, I have no further idea on what to try.

@FeurerKrieg

A separate aircraft classes tab (including production numbers) is currently in the works for the next version.

< Message edited by Woos -- 8/7/2007 10:52:40 PM >

(in reply to FeurerKrieg)
Post #: 546
RE: WitpDecoder; Now providing some overview - 8/8/2007 2:29:56 AM   
scout1

Thanks for looking into it for as long as you have Woos. As I mentioned, if I discover anything, will post the circumstances for the more learned to figure out why (because at that point I'll be too busy using this fine tool ....)

Scout1

(in reply to Woos)
Post #: 547
RE: WitpDecoder; Now providing some overview - 8/8/2007 3:11:07 AM   
scout1

quote:

ORIGINAL: scout1

On second thought, if it were a language thing and the devil was built in when I edited the bat file to add my password, wouldn't that carry over to someone else trying to excute it (given I provided the entire directory structure) ? In other words, if I create the sub-directory and edit the bat file and then send it and the save game file to someone else, if it were a language thingy, wouldn't they also get hit with it ? Or is it limited to my system interpreting a given file structure ? If that is the case, then I should be able to open a witpdecoder game save provided by someone else... true ?

Of course, you realize how silly I'll feel when it turns out that there was something really basic that I did wrong and nobody thought about asking the obvious question .....

ANy of the more learned computer types want to weigh in and tell me that/or why I'm wrong with the above ....
I'm on a mission, and I aim to use this tool for my pbem game .......

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 548
RE: WitpDecoder; Now providing some overview - 8/8/2007 4:35:48 AM   
Local Yokel

quote:

quote:

ANy of the more learned computer types want to weigh in and tell me that/or why I'm wrong with the above ....

Sorry, not a learned computer type but trying to do my best with what I've picked up.

Language encoding should be applied on a 'per-file' basis. This means you could have separate instances of the same file saved, one using Korean encoding conventions (2 bytes per character) and the other U.S. English encoding (1 byte per character). The steps you've taken should have got the witpdecoder.bat file into the right format.

The fact you had Korean language installed on at least one of your computers seems the most promising avenue to explore, given East Asian languages' need to process keyboard input into a double byte character set. This prompts a few suggestions.

1) You mentioned having 'disabled' the Korean input language. Do you actually need it at all? If not, better to remove it rather than just disable it - this may help to simplify finding a solution.

2) Check whether your witpdecoder.bat file has been correctly saved in ANSI format (which should be correct, assuming the WitP Decoder software is expecting to receive commands in this format). Depending on length of your password, the supplied witpdecoder.bat file in ANSI format should be about 140 bytes in size. If in the (probably inappropriate) Unicode format, it will be double that size (about 280 bytes). Check the file size by right-clicking it in a file explorer and selecting 'Properties', and looking at the 'Size' value (not the 'Size on disk' value).

3) You mentioned having the software on 2 computers. Did both of them have Korean language installed? If that language was only installed on one of them, do you get any different result by running the WitP Decoder software on the one without the Korean language, using a witpdecoder.bat file you are confident is in ANSI format?

4) If you are confident you have got the computer running with no advanced text service support, and with U.S. English as your input language, a re-install of the WitP Decoder software may be worthwhile, because the SWT components it includes probably detect your computer's keyboard input mode when they are installed. You might have fooled the SWT software into thinking that it was going to run in a 'Korean' input environment when you installed it.

Getting difficult to see what other useful suggestions might be made, but as before, HTH...

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 549
RE: WitpDecoder; Now providing some overview - 8/8/2007 4:51:29 AM   
scout1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Local Yokel

quote:

quote:

Sorry, not a learned computer type but trying to do my best with what I've picked up.

Language encoding should be applied on a 'per-file' basis. This means you could have separate instances of the same file saved, one using Korean encoding conventions (2 bytes per character) and the other U.S. English encoding (1 byte per character). The steps you've taken should have got the witpdecoder.bat file into the right format.

The fact you had Korean language installed on at least one of your computers seems the most promising avenue to explore, given East Asian languages' need to process keyboard input into a double byte character set. This prompts a few suggestions.

1) You mentioned having 'disabled' the Korean input language. Do you actually need it at all? If not, better to remove it rather than just disable it - this may help to simplify finding a solution.

2) Check whether your witpdecoder.bat file has been correctly saved in ANSI format (which should be correct, assuming the WitP Decoder software is expecting to receive commands in this format). Depending on length of your password, the supplied witpdecoder.bat file in ANSI format should be about 140 bytes in size. If in the (probably inappropriate) Unicode format, it will be double that size (about 280 bytes). Check the file size by right-clicking it in a file explorer and selecting 'Properties', and looking at the 'Size' value (not the 'Size on disk' value).

3) You mentioned having the software on 2 computers. Did both of them have Korean language installed? If that language was only installed on one of them, do you get any different result by running the WitP Decoder software on the one without the Korean language, using a witpdecoder.bat file you are confident is in ANSI format?

4) If you are confident you have got the computer running with no advanced text service support, and with U.S. English as your input language, a re-install of the WitP Decoder software may be worthwhile, because the SWT components it includes probably detect your computer's keyboard input mode when they are installed. You might have fooled the SWT software into thinking that it was going to run in a 'Korean' input environment when you installed it.

Getting difficult to see what other useful suggestions might be made, but as before, HTH...

Will check into removing Korean support. No I don't need it .....
Witpdecoder.bat file is 141kb .......
Haven't checked 2nd PC to see if Korean support was enabled by default. Will check but would be surprised. Nothing special about that PC, typical home desktop. If I had the issue, would have guessed others would have too .... I'm not a strong pc type ....

Will re-install witpdecoder and try again ...

Post #: 550
RE: WitpDecoder; Now providing some overview - 8/8/2007 4:59:53 AM   
scout1

deleted all attempts at wiptdecoder and re-installed. Still no dice.

Damn strange that I can get into witpdecoder vs AI, but no dice vs pbem, though others (who I provide the files) can.

my head hurts .... it's time for another beer

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 551
Life is bizarre ..... - 8/9/2007 12:42:20 AM   
scout1

First of all I would like to thank all that have/are helping isolate my problem with successfully utilizing Woos fine tool, WitpDecoder.

Brief background : I have been unsuccessful in getting past a pop-up window that informs me that I am using the wrong
password when attempting to utilize this tool for my pbem game(s). Given most issues are human
error, I started by deleting and reloading stuff but to no avail. Many members of the forum suggested
things to check and/or do but that didn't pan out either. Woos was kind enough to look into this and I
provided him my sub-directory for WitpDecoder and game file which he successfully opened, though I
could not. I attempted the same experiment by moving the sub directory and game file to a 2nd pc,
only to get the same error message I had recieved on the first. A lot of interest was then focused on
the language and other settings on my first pc. It is at this point, our story unfolds ........

Scout1's Update : Not wanting to give up and being the problem solver that I am in real life (well kinda real), it was time to
start a series of experiments to attempt to isolate this beast. This was/is a two step process. The first
was to request a fellow forum member or two to create a dummy pbem game, Sc15 stock. Then to
create the witpdecoder sub directory files and initialize the database and edit the bat file with the
appropriate password and to verify they can get into it with witpdecoder. This has been done by Local
Yokal. Results discussed below.
The second item was for my to create the same dummy pbem game on my system and see what
transires.

Survey Says ... : Mixed and confusing results ........
The pbem game I got from Local Yokal was stock Sc 15 and he provided the decoder directory contents.
He started as japan and used the password I provided to him earlier. Per my request it was saved in
slot 100. Unfortunately, I had started my own experiment in this slot, so I renamed the save game to
witp150.pws (slot 150). He basically opened the game as japan, saved and sent to me. Based on a
comment from Capt Sherwood suggesting that this might not be sufficient that I might need to run
through a complete turn I did so. I successfully opened the game slot 150 using the password. Then hit
end turn and saved that under slot 151. Went to the Allied side of life, chose a password and opened
slot 151. Saved the game then under slot 152. Then hit end turn and saved under slot 153. Then for
arguments sake, ran the combat replay as japan and saved that under slot 154.
Opened witpdecoder and saw that it has previously been last loaded with info from slot 100 (from Local
Yokal). Thus we begin this phase of the experiment. And the results are (as I attempt to open each save
with WitpDecoder as the Japanese player using the password I got into the game with)

Japanese Allies
- Slot 150 (as recieved) ---- No dice, complains about password Successfully got in
- Slot 151 (Japan end turn save) ---- Successfully loaded this one (YEAH) Successfully got in
- Slot 152 (Allied mid turn save) ---- No dice, complains about password No dice
- Slot 153 (Allied end turn save) ---- No dice, complains about password No dice
- Slot 154 (replay run, Jap save) ---- No dice, complains about password No dice

Now on to my pbem created experiment .......
I basically did the same as above except took the additional effort to see if I had any luck with the Allied
side of things. This time the passwords are
intentionally different from previous attmepts (japan fpr the Japanese and allied for the Allies). Sc15 stock.
Open game as Japan, save slot 100. Hit end turn and save under slot 102. Open 102 as Allies and save
under slot 101. Hit end turn and save under slot 102. Open 102 as japanese and run combat replay and
save under slot 103. Now created two sub directories for WitpDecoder, one for each side and modified the
bat files appropriately. Now lets test to see who can or can not get in with WitpDecoder for me .....
Japanese Allies
- Slot 100 (initial Japanese turn) No dice, password issue Successfully got in (YEAH)
- Slot 101 (End turn for Allies ultimately) No dice, password issue No dice, password issue
- Slot 102 (Allied turn save, not end turn) No dice, password issue No dice, password issue
- Slot 103 (after first replay, Jap save) no dice, password issue No dice, password issue

So this mess leads me to ask has anyone found any limitations as to what file/when they can use WitpDecoder relative to the save game file ? for the record, I'm running v1.804.

Anyone care to draw any conclusions or guesses ..... This is bizarre !

Scout1

< Message edited by scout1 -- 8/9/2007 12:54:25 AM >

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 552
RE: Life is bizarre ..... - 8/9/2007 12:58:58 AM   
scout1

I can see my formatting got hosed. Here is a summary that I hope is clear

Externally generated and provided file.

Slot 150
Japanese player - Didn't get in with WitpDecoder (WD)
Allied player - Got in with WD

Slot 151
Japanese player - Got in with WD

Slot 152, Slot 153 and Slot 154
Allied player - Didn't get in with WD

My internally generated pbem

Slot 100

Slot 101, Slot 102, Slot 103
Allied player - Didn't get in with WD

Doesn't make much sense to me .... Anyone else ?

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 553
RE: Life is bizarre ..... - 8/9/2007 3:35:29 AM   
Local Yokel

This is truly weird.

So far as the slot 150 save is concerned, I know of nothing other than the filename that has changed since the save file left me. WitpDecoder was opening it without difficulty on my machine. The save file was sent 'as is', so it's not a case of a compression utility having altered it.

I assume that, when opening in the decoder save files that were generated whilst running as Allied player, all you were doing was getting the decoder to take another look at the Japanese data - i.e. you hadn't created a separate database for the Allied data.

Perhaps the strangest thing is that the decoder successfully opened the slot 151 save file without throwing the password error. As if the end-turn and transfer of control to the Allied player changed the save file into a state in which the decoder could correctly read a Japanese password it had been unable to read before.

Suggests to me that either the Java runtime (i.e. the decoder program as it executes) isn't reading the save file in a consistent way, or that some subtle changes are being made to the save file that affect how it's read by the runtime.

Might be worth deleting and re-installing what I sent you and repeating the exercise. See whether you get the same results consistently. Consistency would suggest that a repeating process of modification is taking place in which some mods make the password readable by the decoder, whilst others make it unreadable.

If repeating the exercise doesn't yield the same results as before then one possibility is that the computer itself is behaving inconsistently - you could test for that by repeating the exercise on your other machine. Obviously both machines could be wonky but the odds are against it.

Thoughts, anyone?

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 554
RE: Life is bizarre ..... - 8/11/2007 1:21:57 AM   
scout1

LIfe is bizarre, truely ..... Especially when you are a bonehead ...... In this case, that would be me.

My on-going delimina with WitpDecdoer has been successfully fixed. The User (that would be me) finally happened upon the fact that the bat file was not being executed. And why would that be, because in his haste, he skimmed the directions and decided that the jar file was the one to use. So all along, I was executing the jar file, which will work for AI games, but not for pbem games. Once I executed the bat file, life was good, the sky was blue and there was clear sailing.

Thus WitpDecoder performs as advertised (which is more than I can say for this user ) ....

I would like to thank all the members who weighed in and shared a helping hand. Next time, I'll try to read the directions more carefully .....

Scout1

Post #: 555
RE: Life is bizarre ..... - 8/11/2007 3:38:10 AM   
USSAmerica

Congratulations, scout!  Your persistance will be rewarded.  This is a great tool. 

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 556
RE: Life is bizarre ..... - 8/11/2007 3:49:22 AM   
scout1

OK, Now that I'm in, questions, questions .....

Ship Repair .....
There is a Green bar and a Red bar. I'm assuming that the Green bar is capacity and Red bar is usage. True ?

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 557
RE: Life is bizarre ..... - 8/11/2007 4:46:32 PM   
Local Yokel

quote:

Once I executed the bat file, life was good, the sky was blue and there was clear sailing.

Scout1

Woo hoo!

quote:

OK, Now that I'm in, questions, questions .....

Ship Repair .....
There is a Green bar and a Red bar. I'm assuming that the Green bar is capacity and Red bar is usage. True ?

Actually there can be 3 bars - see post 441 (c. page 15) of this thread for details.

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 558
RE: Life is bizarre ..... - 8/12/2007 9:33:44 AM   
goodboyladdie

I am glad you finally got this working Scott - you need all the help you can get!

Art by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 559
RE: Life is bizarre ..... - 9/4/2007 3:46:33 PM   
Matto

Hi,had a problem during initialize databese for RHS 65 scenario, can you tell we what to do ? Thx Could not create or initialize the databasejava.sql.SQLException: S1000 General error java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "MG""" in statement [
SET TABLE WITPDEV SOURCE "WITPdev.csv;ignore_first=true"]
java.sql.SQLException: S1000 General error java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "MG""" in statement [
SET TABLE WITPDEV SOURCE "WITPdev.csv;ignore_first=true"]
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.fetchResult(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.bi.a(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.be.a(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.bi.b(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.aI.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:67)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.y.d(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.i.widgetSelected(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:90)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:928)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3348)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2968)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.M.a(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.Main.a(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.Main.main(Unknown Source)
Couldn't set up a working DB template. Bad, Bad.

Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... :o)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

(in reply to goodboyladdie)
Post #: 560
RE: Life is bizarre ..... - 9/9/2007 12:50:11 AM   
Matto

It looks, I found solution ... there was " in the name, so I delted it from CSV file and use this one (without witpload) ...But now I have another problem ... database is inicialized but after loading save file a had many errors displayed like: A factory at base id 217 is producing an unknown  product 520.
Dropping it. Storage Tab may be wrong.
Please get your scenario fixed!
A factory at base id 217 is producing an unknown  product 521.
A factory at base id 217 is producing an unknown  product 519.

My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 561
RE: Life is bizarre ..... - 9/9/2007 11:56:41 AM   
VSWG

Chuck had the same problem a while ago:

quote:

ORIGINAL:  ctangus

The save starts to load - I get a million messages of "A factory at base id xxx is producing an unknown product xxx..."  (It's a mod game.)  But after that, everything's blank.  I can select all the tabs, but each one is empty of data.  I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

quote:

ORIGINAL:  Woos

@ctangus: The screenshot shows that you didn't have any save file data read in. This can not be caused by the factory problem as that simply gets ignored. Any other error message appearing (you might want to look in witpdecoder.log to avoid clicking through all the error messages again)? BTW, last time I saw the factory problem it was caused by .csv files and save game file not stemming from the same scenario.

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 562
RE: Life is bizarre ..... - 9/9/2007 7:18:14 PM   
Matto

Thanks, it helps ... it looks, that one of cvs file was corrupted. But now I have another problem ... so next step ? :) Ship class 1582 claims more than 127 torpedos available.
Looks a bit much (and can't be stored in a byte) so I'm using 127.
Maybe check back with the mod designer, if there is an error?
Ship class 1583 claims more than 127 torpedos available.
Ship class 621 claims more than 127 torpedos available.
LCU 1083 (IJA 5th) has probably been hit by a leader bug and is led by no or a foreign officer.
Get that fixed!
In the mean time I'm using a replacement officer. Continue? ('Cancel' disables this message)
There is a problem with LCU 1404 (IJA 1st 15cm Heavy) as follows:
Couldn't write things to the DB due tojava.sql.SQLException: Integrity constraint violation - no parent LCUsMarchOnlyToExistingBases table: BaseStatus
java.sql.SQLException: Integrity constraint violation - no parent LCUsMarchOnlyToExistingBases table: BaseStatus
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.fetchResult(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.bi.a(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.an.c(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.an.a(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.H.b(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.al.a(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.bm.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:67)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.y.a(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.b.widgetSelected(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:90)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:928)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3348)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2968)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.M.a(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.Main.a(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.Main.main(Unknown Source)
 I checked mentioned LCU, but cannot find anything wrong ... ???

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 563
RE: Life is bizarre ..... - 9/22/2007 6:09:51 PM   
Woos

Fresh (or more correctly tired) back from holiday just a short comment:

a) RHS is not supported (because as far as I know they do manipulations of the nationality of units that witpdecoder doesn't like)
b) The constraint above triggers if the unit is supposed to march to a base which is not existing according to the save file. Have a look at the unit in-game and where it is supposed to be marching. Try to set it to march elsewhere and try to reload.

*yawn* Why does earth has to be sphere with all the timezones and jet-lag that brings. Couldn't we just have stayed with flat-world-theory?

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 564
RE: Life is bizarre ..... - 10/20/2007 12:34:11 PM   
Kokubokan

im search it but not find it.

Woos... witpdecoder works under windows vista?

bye

p.d. Sorry for my poor english

(in reply to Woos)
Post #: 565
RE: witpDecoder for the Allies - 11/11/2007 11:25:29 AM   
n01487477

I have clusters for BB1.4 if you need PM me ...

Or check out my DB extension at http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1579074

r if you want better instructions on how to make clusters ...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 11/11/2007 11:26:49 AM >

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 566
RE: Life is bizarre ..... - 11/17/2007 7:08:45 PM   
Roger Neilson II

I'm having no luck with Vista ..... can anyone help?

I had this running fine in XP. Vist is totally different and is doing my head in the amount of stuff I have to learn.

Roger

(in reply to Kokubokan)
Post #: 567
RE: Life is bizarre ..... - 11/17/2007 9:31:47 PM   
FeurerKrieg

My advice: Switch back to XP.

Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks

(in reply to Roger Neilson II)
Post #: 568
RE: Life is bizarre ..... - 11/18/2007 10:32:18 AM   
Roger Neilson II

Wish i could....

Roger

(in reply to FeurerKrieg)
Post #: 569
RE: Life is bizarre ..... - 11/19/2007 12:08:16 AM   
Grotius

Roger, Witpdecoder runs fine for me in Vista 64. What particular problem are you having? What error message?

The only minor hitch on my end was that the witpdecoder.bat file didn't work; it didn't recognize the JAVA command even though I have Java 1.6 installed. But when I double-click on witpdecoder2.jar, it works like a charm. (Maybe Vista has more trouble recognizing Java than XP does?)

I didn't have to choose "Run as Administrator" or "XP Compatibility Mode," though if you're having trouble, you might try one of those two workarounds.

I've yet to find a program I can't run in Vista. In one case (a beta), I have to run the program in XP Compatibility Mode; in the case of one 1995 DOS game, the game runs fine if I use DOSBox. In general, Vista runs great for me.

(in reply to Roger Neilson II)
Post #: 570
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 18 [19] 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitpDecoder; Now providing some overview Page: <<   < prev  16 17 18 [19] 20   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI